Tue, Oct 22, 6:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 5:55 am)

Subject: strange artifact on V4 Nun ?

Aristoc1 ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2014 at 6:08 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:29 AM

file_505941.jpg

what is this? I don't like the white bands on her robe.

Razor42 ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2014 at 6:13 AM

Is it possibly the texture map to resemble wrinkles in the cloth?

Aristoc1 ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2014 at 6:30 AM

yes i think the white lines are suppose to be the texture but it comes out very bad.

but the shoes? purple ?

Razor42 ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2014 at 6:43 AM

The shoes look like a specularity color issue, try changing it to black and see if that helps.

with the diffuse for the clothing change it to black and it should overfill the lighter area's.

Aristoc1 ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2014 at 2:05 PM · edited Thu, 24 July 2014 at 2:09 PM

file_505969.jpg

how would I use V4 Nun texture template to change those (ugly) white stripes on her robe. ? 

thanks

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2014 at 2:17 PM

It looks to be a fairly simple layout -you could just use the surfaces pane to load a plain, tiling fabric square (there are a lot around) and then use the tiling settings to adjust how many times it repeats. You could also look at the Fabricator sets at DAZ, or check other stores or freebie sites for fabric shader presets.

Aristoc1 ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2014 at 2:21 PM

couldnt i just do some editing of that jpg in photoshop and then re-save it?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2014 at 2:25 PM

You could, yes - just clone out the light areas from the dark.

I should have said, you need to edit your post to remove the texture image - posting textures isn't allowed.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.