Mon, Sep 9, 3:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Poser libraries weirdness

fabiana ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2014 at 10:02 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

Having some weird troubles with PP2012 Poser Libraries... not sure if I am correct about the timeline but I think it got worse after the upodate of Adobe Air...

I open a scene that Iwas working on, and sometimes it happens a variety of weird things:

1-The libraries load but there is nothing in the folders... of course the files are there.

Close Poser and open again and seems to be ok normal again.

2-I use things from libraries with no trouble untill in some moment the drag and drop does not work anymore and nothing is loaded from the libraries. Neither making double click.

Close Poser and opening again seems to fix it...

3-The libraries load but when doing click in one of the icons for hair, poses, etc... the poser icon for taht is gone and appears a system replacement one, like if this icon is lost... but when I click in other icon, the missed one appears...

Close Poser and again all seems to be fine.

I cleaned files, ran antivirus and antispyware and made all normal procedures and is all ok, everything is working normal, I mean, other programs... so I assume is just Poser.

I use also PP2014 and really don´t like it but seems to be working fine... the weird not working of the drag and drop happened just once but I must admit I had it open for almost a day and worked like crazy on it...

Any clues of what could be happening???

Thank youi!

fabi

Fabi @FKDesign

One in some place under Southern Stars...
Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

jura11 ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2014 at 10:34 AM

Hi Fabi

Please have look on this thread

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?92610-Poser-Pro-2014-SR-4-Crashing

I've lready reported this issue and seems is down to the last update,but similar issue I've too with previous update

Thanks,Jura

ironsoul ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2014 at 12:25 PM

Re:2012 - Do you have Poser set-up for embedded or external library, try swapping to the other approach and see if that changes the behaviour. What OS are you using, if its Windows was the IE 11 update applied, is p2012 on its latest patch? Also if you're using Windows a problem that has very similar effects is a desktop heap issue where it runs out of memory but this tends to only happen if there are many windows open at the same time (graphic programs are particularly resource hungry).

fabiana ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2014 at 3:41 PM

Will check the thread, thank you!!!

ironsoul: I am using Win7 64 bits. Set up for embedded libraries, but did the try to say and seems not altering the weirdness occurrence... happened.

No IE updates because I don´t use that browser, NEVER.

PP2012 with all the existent patches and let me say that it was running perfectly untill a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks will check that post now!!!

fabi

Fabi @FKDesign

Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2014 at 10:49 PM

Depending on where poser is installed and the runtime libraries it can be a sharing issue. Also could be a permissions issue. If on a second drive (the libraries) it can take a bit longer to load invidual libraries. I've seen it take a bit long and sometime the individual library needs to be refreshed (the icon next to the library folder in poser). :) Also I've seen (it's been a long while) firewalls not give poser access to shared files.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2014 at 10:49 PM

Depending on where poser is installed and the runtime libraries it can be a sharing issue. Also could be a permissions issue. If on a second drive (the libraries) it can take a bit longer to load invidual libraries. I've seen it take a bit long and sometime the individual library needs to be refreshed (the icon next to the library folder in poser). :) Also I've seen (it's been a long while) firewalls not give poser access to shared files.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

ironsoul ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2014 at 4:43 AM · edited Sun, 12 October 2014 at 4:46 AM

Clasping at more straws....

My understanding from previous posts is that the embedded library uses Flash and the external one uses AIR. If you've not already tried it then consider reinstalling both Flash and AIR so they are on the latest versions.

Poser uses IE libaries so an IE upgrade is something to consider but would have thought there would be other posts regarding this issue if it was causing it. If you do decide to upgrade don't forget to create a system restore point before the upgrade so it can be rolled back if there are problems.

If you've not raised this with Smith Micro (even though technically they don't support it) it might be worth trying - you never know if asked they may decide to help (worst they can do is say is "no").

Another thought is to check the Microsoft Application and system logs (run eventvwr) to see if there are any errors around the time the problem starts that refer to memory or other resources - 90% of the time there isn't but occasionally this can provide some insight.

fabiana ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2014 at 8:40 AM

Flash updated to last release.

Libraries in the same disk than Poser program.

No memory errors so far unless a common thing on Corel that confusses things and say there is no enough memory when managing big psd files but not this case.

Small doubt about video card... I noticed a couple of small things that could suggest there is something to check but nothing else...

Weirdness I hate you : D

Thanks folks!!!

Fabi @FKDesign

aRtBee ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2014 at 11:25 AM

I have experienced problems with Air (and Poser Library) recently = 2nd half of September, and I saw some other forum people reporting issues as well.

The issues themselves vary between Windows and Mac.

My problems were solved after upgrading to a next (beta) Air version. Now it's over.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

fabiana ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2014 at 12:05 PM

I have checked and my IE version is the 9. something... as I don´t use it, never payed attention.. updated all the other things like flash player and air, and all is up to date but the strange thing keeps happening... don´t know what to do because sometimes when I launch it, in ex, the props library is empty when actually it is not... other times is the hairs... cannot even reproduce the stituation.

Lost lost lost...

Fabi @FKDesign

fabiana ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2014 at 1:35 PM

Now I am worse... updated the IE to version 11 and now I cannot open any poser version...

Fabi @FKDesign

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2014 at 3:18 PM

Fabi - update PP2012 to SR3.1 and PP2014 to SR4 and make sure that the firewall does not stop the library from operating (LSMGUIAIR.EXE)

FaeMoon ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 4:47 PM

This is so annoying.  I have PP2014 and SR4 and my Poser is allowed to act by the Firewall, but the library doesn't work half the time.  Also, for some reason when applying hand poses, they often crumple the mesh of the entire character.  

uli_k ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 5:36 PM

Quote - ...update PP2012 to SR3.1...

Sorry to nitpick, but it's Pro 2012 SR3.2 that enables Internet Explorer 11 support.

fabiana ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 6:28 PM

The weirdness saga continues...

After dealing yesterday so hard with PoserPro 2012 and 2014 I went to bed thinking the devils were erradicated. No way.
This morning, again my empty libraries... dang how many yells and whinings this would bring me yet???
So I uninstalled PP2014 and installed again. Emptyied the TEMP folders of Windows and Poser... and when opening... missing icons! not empty folders but YES missing icons and several times, a missed refresh icon.

You open another folder, and go back to the one with missing things, and they APPEAR!!!! Haunted!!!

BUT... I noticed something...
I have 2 monitors, and use to put the libraries there, being there external or embedded... I put them not docked and move these there. Very comfy for work...
But in one of these closings of Poser I moved the Libraries window or palette to the main monitor again, as for letting it as it is by default.
When opening again Poser, there was nothing missed.

Moved the window again meantime was working in a wide scene, and the weirdness started again. NO empty folders but YES missing thumbnails and icons.

Now I have a GOOD point to ask for help... why the hell a dual monitor can be affecting this???? No other program suffers nothing... and actually I have been working this way for the last 6 months!!!!

Any clues??? Only thing I stil didn´t is update or change video card drivers and a scandisk.

I should write a book LOL.

Fabi @FKDesign

jura11 ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 7:23 PM

Quote - The weirdness saga continues...

After dealing yesterday so hard with PoserPro 2012 and 2014 I went to bed thinking the devils were erradicated. No way.
This morning, again my empty libraries... dang how many yells and whinings this would bring me yet???
So I uninstalled PP2014 and installed again. Emptyied the TEMP folders of Windows and Poser... and when opening... missing icons! not empty folders but YES missing icons and several times, a missed refresh icon.

You open another folder, and go back to the one with missing things, and they APPEAR!!!! Haunted!!!

BUT... I noticed something...
I have 2 monitors, and use to put the libraries there, being there external or embedded... I put them not docked and move these there. Very comfy for work...
But in one of these closings of Poser I moved the Libraries window or palette to the main monitor again, as for letting it as it is by default.
When opening again Poser, there was nothing missed.

Moved the window again meantime was working in a wide scene, and the weirdness started again. NO empty folders but YES missing thumbnails and icons.

Now I have a GOOD point to ask for help... why the hell a dual monitor can be affecting this???? No other program suffers nothing... and actually I have been working this way for the last 6 months!!!!

Any clues??? Only thing I stil didn´t is update or change video card drivers and a scandisk.

I should write a book LOL.

Hi Fabi

Are yours two monitors same or they're different? I mean if they're different sizes like main monitor is 24" and second one is 22"?

I'm using only two monitors,its like you are said,very comfy to work

What graphic card you have ?

How big are yours Libaries ?

Those yours issues can point to the graphic card,but hard to say

My issues still persist too,in last few days,my library showing OK,but after few hours of rendering or posing etc,my issues start to show up,I've updated all drivers which I can think off,some people reported earlier nVidia drivers seems are better than those new,which I'm still testing,my crashes are not so frequent as per my Youtube video over on RDNA,Poser will crash only once on start up,but after that is useable and fully working 

Hopefully yours issues will be sorted soon

Thanks,Jura

fabiana ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 9:02 PM

Jura:

One of the monitors is 24" wide and other is 19" squared. Both Samsung. Both work fine, and are calibrated to the same color, frequency, etc...

GGFORCE GTX 660

My Libraries are big, sure they are... but the thing happens with the ones that are very small, where I have my wips...

I hope we both can fix this ASAP... thank you!!!!

Fabi @FKDesign

jura11 ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 9:24 PM

Quote - Jura:

One of the monitors is 24" wide and other is 19" squared. Both Samsung. Both work fine, and are calibrated to the same color, frequency, etc...

GGFORCE GTX 660

My Libraries are big, sure they are... but the thing happens with the ones that are very small, where I have my wips...

I hope we both can fix this ASAP... thank you!!!!

Hi Fabi

I think in both cases(my and yours) we are using different sized monitors,in my case I'm using as main 24" DELL and as my second one I'm using 21.5" Samsung and this can be culprint to all those issues,I've too Geforce,my is GTX560Ti which is bit older than yours 

Why this only happens to yours libraries where you have wips that's bit mystery for me,in my case this only happens to my main biggest 

What you have set under Perferences->General Preferences->File Search?

When you trying search something in Pose folder,will yours Poser crash?

Thanks,Jura

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2014 at 8:08 AM

I know that you're talking about Poser Pro, however I have some similar problems with Poser 10, all Adobe plugins are updated even if I don't use IE.

I opened Poser last week, last time I opened it was some months ago, everything was ok with my library.

Maybe someone has a suggestion?

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2014 at 8:27 AM

Sorry, I just discovered on RDNA Forums that there's also a SR4 for Poser 10...

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2014 at 8:59 AM

...but even if I installed it, some problems are still not solved.

jura11 ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2014 at 9:17 AM

Quote - I know that you're talking about Poser Pro, however I have some similar problems with Poser 10, all Adobe plugins are updated even if I don't use IE.

I opened Poser last week, last time I opened it was some months ago, everything was ok with my library.

Maybe someone has a suggestion?

Hi there 

As everyone have same or similar issues,I've installed too SR4 which doesn't resolved this,I can only think this is related to Poser Pro itself or Adobe plugins,I'v too installed latest plugins 

I will be reinstalling today my Poser pro to first one or which has been shipped,hopefully this will confirm,if its down to the upadates or is down to the Adobe plugins

Thanks,Jura

jura11 ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2014 at 4:36 AM

Hi guys

I've just reinstalled Adobe Air to older 13.0.0.42 Beta and this seems curred issues with the Library in my case,only thing which this didn't cure is crashing,Poser Pro wil crash first time,but on next time Poser will start as usual

My drivers are up to date,HDD are error free(no S.M.A.R.T errors etc.) etc.I just think is down to the nVidia drivers or Adobe Air...

Hope this helps guys

Thanks,Jura

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2014 at 6:08 AM

Quote - Hi guys

I've just reinstalled Adobe Air to older 13.0.0.42 Beta and this seems curred issues with the Library in my case,only thing which this didn't cure is crashing,Poser Pro wil crash first time,but on next time Poser will start as usual

My drivers are up to date,HDD are error free(no S.M.A.R.T errors etc.) etc.I just think is down to the nVidia drivers or Adobe Air...

Hope this helps guys

Thanks,Jura

SR5 has fixes for instability when Poser loads a scene amd some other instances which might help.

I have two monitors 21" and 19" btoh Samsung driven by a Gigabyte 2Gig 7850 and i have not seen the problem with the missing icons.  I do use ShaderWorks library Manager 2 but switched back to the Poser library for a week to see if I could duplicate the problem but it all worked fine.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

jura11 ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2014 at 5:04 PM

Quote - > Quote - Hi guys

Hope this helps guys

Thanks,Jura

SR5 has fixes for instability when Poser loads a scene amd some other instances which might help.

I have two monitors 21" and 19" btoh Samsung driven by a Gigabyte 2Gig 7850 and i have not seen the problem with the missing icons.  I do use ShaderWorks library Manager 2 but switched back to the Poser library for a week to see if I could duplicate the problem but it all worked fine.

Not sure,seen thread over RDNA and seems SR5 crashing too as well,thinking to revert to SR3,but to the date no problems with earlier Adobe Air

Friend have R290X which I want to borrow and test on my PC with Poser Pro if its really this issue nVidia fault or is it Poser pro fault or even Adobe/Microsoft fault 

Thanks,Jura

jura11 ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2014 at 2:53 AM

OK guys,yesterday I've installed older SR3.1 and everything is back to normal,Poser doesn't crash on startup and my Library still sometimes hangs,but didn't have any issue with missing thumbnails or something like that,just hangs for few seconds and then they show up after few secs

Thanks,Jura

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.