Sun, Sep 22, 7:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:37 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: credit card declined under review by fraud service?

julesart ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2014 at 2:42 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:25 AM

I tried to make a purchase today for Hinky Punk's  Dome Weather and her other one magic.  My card was declined by Renderosity with a message saying that the card was declined due to it being reviewed by Fraud Service.  I called the credit card in a panic and was told that the card was fine the transaction went through, the charge was authorized.  So by whom is my card being reviewed and what fraudulent charges are we talking about?  I no longer need these products therefore would like for you to retract the authorization please.   I sent an email to customer Service but posted here in case I can get this resolved a bit faster.  I need to know where this is coming from because it is not from my credit card.

The account in question is under julesart.  

Thank you for all your help in this matter.  

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2014 at 3:12 PM

Hello

This was an AVS failure through our credit card processor with a no match on street address and zip code. I notice by the last four digits (which is all we can see since we do not store credit card info) that this isn't the same credit card you've used on more recent orders so is it possible the card you used for this purchase has a different billing address associated with that credit card? The AVS failure happens when the billing info input in our checkout doesn't match the billing info associated with that credit card but it's not due to Renderosity but through the card process verification system.

There isn't something to "retract" an authorization because credit cards have a two step process and since it failed AVS we didn't receive the payment so there is nothing on our credit card side to "retract". You can let your credit card company know that this failed AVS and will not be settled but nothing further happens with this since it failed.

But just based on the code it got and seeing the "N"'s on the avs portion for address and for zip code that is why it failed and so I'm not sure why if the address you put in our checkout matches exactly the billing address on your credit card it would fail.

Let me know if you need further information or I can assist you further

Thank you

Stacey

julesart ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2014 at 7:23 PM

Thanks Stacy, I feel better now with your explanation.  You just can't be too careful these days and when I heard review  by fraud service I panicked.  Thank you for your rapid response.

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2014 at 8:16 PM

I know I hate the way they word the messages but unfortunately it comes from the credit card processor and what error code it throws back but it's not due to anything fraudulent with your card, just an AVS failure:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.