Fri, Jul 12, 12:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 11 1:35 pm)

Subject: Poser Update SR5.2 Now Available

MichiCat ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2015 at 2:31 PM · edited Sun, 23 June 2024 at 1:07 AM

Keep your copies of Poser 10, Pro 2014 and Game Dev up to date! Download your copy of the SR5.2 update now.

If you have your notifications turned off, you can grab the update here: http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-2014-updates.html

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2015 at 2:53 PM

Thanks MichiCat !

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2015 at 3:01 PM · edited Wed, 25 March 2015 at 3:02 PM

That thing messed with my preview so much I had to trash it and go back to  the previous version. I'm not saying no one else should download it, but keep your previous version safe in case you need it.

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2015 at 3:02 PM

Big thumbs-up to Smith Micro for continuing to put out bug-fix SR's :-)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2015 at 5:38 PM

Big thumbs-up to Smith Micro for continuing to put out bug-fix SR's :-)

I didn't say it was buggy, Pumeco.  In fact, I think one of the fixes was supposed to be for the preview Veiwport. What i am saying though is whatever they fixed, messed mine up.
As I'm happy with my current preview viewport, I'm just gonna stick with it.

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2015 at 5:44 PM · edited Wed, 25 March 2015 at 5:45 PM

Sorry mate, it wasn't a reply to your post, I crossposted with you, didn't see your post at the time I posted :-)
I just meant in general, a big thumbs-up to them because when they add new stuff in the next release, at least the base will be more stable.

vitachick ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2015 at 5:10 AM

My DL when I press updated still only shows SR5 which is installed..Not Sr5.2

Advise

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2015 at 8:00 AM

You need to look at the build.  Yes, it will still say SR5 but the d/l button should indicate an update.  ATM, I am not at my home computer to provide the latest build number.

vitachick ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2015 at 8:02 AM

Guess this is the latest?

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

Photopium ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2015 at 8:33 AM

What's been fixed/changed?  Thanks.

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2015 at 1:10 PM

SR5.2 Enhancements and Fixes, by Category

Materials
Improved support for extremely large HDR textures.

Preview Rendering
Fixed preview of tangent space normal maps with strengths other than 1 (OpenGL hardware shading only).

Final Rendering
FireFly: Extreme normal map intensities now render correctly.

Figure Creation
Now storing joint blending information correctly for spherical zones when selection is ‘Replace’.
Morphing tool Create mode: Save a copy now has correct default parameter name.
Morphing tool Create mode: Object mirroring now based on selected actor rather than object under brush.
Now enabling force limits on magnet zone scale parameters of legacy content to prevent unexpected behavior stemming from allowing negative scaling.

Cloth room
Fixed case where presence of normal maps during simulation would cause instability.

Import/Export
Re-enabled import of LWO files.
Fixed case where importing 3DS file would cause instability (Mac OS X only)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

rowlando ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2015 at 6:19 PM

How can I find out what update I have installed, I use Poser Pro 2014

Cheers Rowlando

Seek what you can never loose

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2015 at 6:28 PM

Splash screen when opening Poser will show the build.

rowlando ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2015 at 6:37 PM

OK just tried it and it says 10.0.5  is that correct and up to date, I recently updated the via the DLC

cheers

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2015 at 8:44 PM

rowlando ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2015 at 9:12 PM

Thanks yes I have that

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.