Wed, Oct 2, 9:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: How to fix the balloon heads?

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Sun, 05 April 2015 at 9:41 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:38 PM

In the case where body morphs do not morph the body but instead make the head inflate like a balloon. So far I have only had the problem with Daz stuff, which is all in my Daz library, so I don't get how the "different libraries" explanation would apply.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 05 April 2015 at 10:53 PM

Very simple solution, DON'T use Daz stuff!  Use generic Poser instead!

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 12:58 AM

Select the head, go to the Parameter tab.  I think under morphs (I have Poser rendering at the moment, so I can't check) you'll find three dials.  One is "Head"- if the character's head is huge, this dial will be at 1.  Change it to zero.  That will solve the problem.  When the render is finished, I'll get the exact placement of the dial for you.

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 1:04 AM

Ok- Select the head

Parameter tab: Morphforms.  Open that tab you will see three dials; Eyes Up-Down, Eyes Side-Side, Head size.  

The third dial, head size, will show at 1 if the figure's head is ballooned.  Change the dial setting to 0.

vitachick ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 4:15 AM

I've seen that problem also...

Thanks for the advice!

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 5:31 PM · edited Mon, 06 April 2015 at 5:32 PM

Mazel tov; It's David!  :)

The likely problem is that the figures aren't properly initialized, presuming that you are Using Generation 4 figures. First, make sure that you have only one copy of each figure in your Poser Library, and that all of the morph packages are installed in the same runtime as the base figure.  Then, You then need to initialize each Gen 4 figure by browsing to the folder you installed your stuff/runtime/libraries/!DAZ and running the the batch files; .bat for Windows and .command for OS X.  This will create the needed morph channels in the cr2s...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 12:04 AM

Thanks, sorry if I sound completely ignorant but what is a batch file, where do I find it, how do I run it?

ssgbryan ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 12:18 AM

A batch file is a command line script & has a .bat extension. 

Assuming that you are using DAZ's Gen 4 figures the files will be in your !DAZ folder.  The V4 files are called DzCreateExPFiles-V4. If you want to use the V4/V3 figure it is DzCreateExPFiles-V4V3.  For M4, the commands are DzCreateExPFiles-M4; and DzCreateExPFiles-M4Gens if you want to have an anatomically correct M4. For the K4 figures, the command is DzCreateExPFiles-K4.

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 3:19 PM

So I run the script from Poser? Do I need to have them loaded?

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 3:47 PM

No, the batch files are run separately.  No need to have Poser running.

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 11:31 PM

Thanks, they are working now!

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 12:29 AM

One more question. The morphs that I was having that problem with are now working properly. But I noticed something: If I start a new project, and load a fresh M4, all of the morph sets now go into these neat little folders (many of them had previously been going into one really long unorganized list) and I like that a lot. Also, I had previously not been able to even load the body morphs from Morphus, they just wouldn't appear, and now they do, if it is a fresh scene. I'm glad, because I like the Morphus head morphs a lot, and the body ones looked useful.

But:

I have this M4-based character that I've been working on a long time, kind of in the background while doing various side projects. He's my favorite, and I've put a lot of time and care into him. Because he was started before I ran that file to fix M4, his morphs are still in the long sloppy list, and I still can't load the body morphs from Morphus or this one other set, and I think he needs them. I had been morphing his body one part at a time, because the one morph set would load the morphs for the individual parts but not the full body ones, and they weren't smooth, I had to be careful to match up all the seams and then sometimes when I posed him they would split, so I would like to just start over with that set. I don't want everything I've done so far to go to waste.

Is there a way to make it refresh so that it works properly, without losing all my work? I already tried saving him to my library and reloading him in a new scene, and it didn't change. I'm hoping not to have to do anything as drastic as making a FBM of him and starting over, the last time I tried something like that I didn't like it, and I've also put a lot of time into materials etc.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 6:49 AM

Load your figure, and save a pose to the Pose Library with "Morph Channels" checked.  You can then load that Pose into a new M4. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

mackis3D ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 7:22 AM

This happens to me too when I use M4. There is something wrong with some morphs in certain packages. It's not exactly DAZ's fault, because you don't have that problem with DAZ's Michael 4 base and ++ morphs (or with the Aged, Elite, Muscle or SimonWM's morphs). It's a failure created by some vendors (probably not using Poser) but you usually don't have to got through the whole list of morphs.

In most cases it's easy to find at the end of the list for your "Michael4-body". So at the end there are probably "INJection Channels" with subs "DAZ" and "Community". The same for "Michael 4-head". The problematic balloon morphs can mostly be changed within those parameters.

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 7:22 PM

Ever since I ran that, I am sometimes having this problem with M4 that I cannot pose him, like he is locked. This is the case for both injection poses and trying to pose him manually with the translate tool. Morphs still work. I checked to see if he is locked, and he's not. Sometimes it fixes itself if I close Poser and then open it again, but usually it doesn't.

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 1:00 AM

...Why? How did I break it? How can I make him be able to move again?

mackis3D ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 7:01 AM
  1. Which morphs or poses with these problems did you use?

2. How much GB RAM do you have?

3. How are your Render Preview Settings?

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 9:52 AM
  1. The problem is with any poses, or with trying to move his limbs manually. Like his body is locked. Shaping morphs still work.

2. 1600

3. I will have to check on that when I get home. Why would render settings make a difference?

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 11:15 AM

I've never seen anything like this.  Does it happen with a fresh copy of M4?

Perhaps you could try you try turning limits off?

mackis3D ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 12:34 PM · edited Sat, 11 April 2015 at 12:44 PM

@Asteroid Lady: I think you mean 16 GB RAM? This is of course large enough. If it would have been 2 GB it could be unresponsive I guess.

The render PREVIEW settings could matter because of hardware shadings. But with 16 GB RAM there can't be a memory problem.

So the problem must be somewhere else.

You followed SSGBryan's recommendation which would have been my first answer to solve this problem too. Then you answered that "they are working now". So far...

"But:

I have this M4-based character that I've been working on a long time, kind of in the background while doing various side projects. He's my favorite, and I've put a lot of time and care into him. Because he was started before I ran that file to fix M4, his morphs are still in the long sloppy list, and I still can't load the body morphs from Morphus or this one other set, and I think he needs them. I had been morphing his body one part at a time, because the one morph set would load the morphs for the individual parts but not the full body ones, and they weren't smooth, I had to be careful to match up all the seams and then sometimes when I posed him they would split, so I would like to just start over with that set. I don't want everything I've done so far to go to waste."

I have the feeling your saved morphs in the file do not correspondent with the paths in your file. Do you have Poser File Editor? With that you could analyse the path file to the morphs. For example, for M4 base morphs from DAZ:

readScript ":Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ:Michael 4:Deltas:InjDeltas.M4BaseAll.pz2"

You can find that also with the simple editor in your Windows version. Can you open your saved file and find the line that directs to the Morphus morphs? If so look if the path is correct and also if they are really in that folder.

Also to look for:

according to the DAZ product page Morphus morphs require the product 'Michael 4 Morphs ++'. You probably have it, otherwise you couldn't have worked with it before...

And is it possible that you saved your file with "external binary morph targets" (under Misc in General Preferences)? Then there must be also a *.pmd file. If so look for it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.