Thu, Sep 19, 7:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:13 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Jul 4th coupon discount error

lwaves ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 3:43 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 8:49 PM

Hi,

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the forum or send an e-mail, but picked here because others might have the same problem.
I'm trying to take advantage of the the July 4th coupon which offers 40% off purchases over $40, so obviously time is a factor here.

All three of my cart items are eligible, none of them are on sale or clearance etc, and the coupon appears to work, confirming this. The three items are priced at $19.95, $13.95 and $7.69, making a total of $41.59.
When the coupon is applied it shows a discount of $13.56. The problem is that 40% of $41.59 is $16.63 (rounded).
There are no taxes or other charges applied so there is no reason for this difference to exist beyond being an error.

Could you please sort this out, to show the correct discount, so I can make my purchases.

Thankyou.

lwaves

SilverDolphin ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 7:12 PM

I don't think the 4th of July coupon is working for anybody.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 7:55 PM

It worked for me.

EventMobil ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 8:20 PM · edited Sat, 04 July 2015 at 8:22 PM

I'm also very disappointed. Have been waiting for a sale opportunity to purchase Autogroup Editor for long time already. Now I was happy to find the July 4th coupon in my mail, I checked that the Autogroup Editor should be eligible, because it is neither on sale, nor meeting any of the other excluding qualities.

Only problem: less than 40 Dollars in total. So I decided to add the D3D Poser File Editor, which should also be eligible according to the Coupon Infos published. Total would be close to 51 Dollars, coupon 40 percent should be deducted from this...

Then shock: When I tried to enter the coupon code and proceed with payment, it tells in red writing that both items are not eligible for a coupon? Why???

Now I leave the coupon alone, I don't purchase, and I leave the place with a disappointed feeling that nice coupons have basically very few meaning? It is meaningless to contact sales support on this (I can't even find an email adress for such a contact anywhere, maybe I'm too old for this), because the coupon validity is too short to solve anything in this brief time period...

I am indeed disappointed.

Poser Pro 2014 GameDev, Lightwave 11.6.3, Blacksmith3D Pro 6, Bryce 7, Carrara Pro 8.5, Reality 4 & LuxRender, Python 2.7 & Wx-Python, UV-Mapper Pro, XFrog 3.5, Paintshop Pro X7, Apophysis 7x64

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Don't render faster than your artistic guardian angel can fly...

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 10:32 PM

Coupons are normally not applicable to any software products. This is on the coupon mailer. And most all coupons we issue. Right below the coupon code. 

**Please note that this coupon is not valid toward the purchase of magazines, some shippable items, tutorials, gift certificates, prime products, bundled items, products that are on sale or clearance and software. *

I am sorry you are disappointed...but this isn't new just for this coupon and I certainly hope you will use coupons on future purchases.

cujoe_da_man ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 2:53 AM

I'm also getting the same error.

jennblake, there is nothing listed in the email stating that there are limitations.  I can upload a screenshot of the email, but it just flat-out doesn't work.  If there are limitations, then they should be listed clearly, this is one of the reasons I quit buying stuff here, coupons never made sense and always had hidden limitations or just never worked.

EventMobil ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 4:04 AM · edited Sun, 05 July 2015 at 4:08 AM

@jennblake

Thank you for a reply. Fine.

But no, I don't think I'm going to use any coupons on future purchases. If 'softwares' are generally excluded from any coupons, and the 'softwares' I'm having on my wishlist already for months never participate in any sales, then it is useless even monitoring coupons and sales. So I will just have to decide, whether the items in question are worth purchasing, or else if alternative 'software' items are available on the other platforms.

I have been a customer at Renderosity for more than 10 years now. Obviously I have never before used any coupon on any 'software', probably I have just purchased the 'regular stuff, like another bra for Vicky'. Doesn't it make you think hard if you hear, that the numerous coupon restrictions, which seem to be so clear to you, have never occurred to me as a customer during this time period? I would have bet a hundred bucks that the word 'softwares' (which you have mentioned above) was NOT indicated as exceptions. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it has not been there and that you have added it only later after my post. But what I'm saying is, I swear I was not aware of this, and I was very happy expecting to use the coupon on my purchases of some tool which I had on my wishlist for several months already. Very obviously the restrictions are not so clear as you think they are, or they are hidden too well, or they are too complicated, resulting in disappointment on clients sides.

If I want to use a 'coupon' which is being announced in bright colors and SO EXCITING, but before I can use it I need to study several different pages to collect information in extremely small writing, and probably even contact a lawyer to understand all exceptions in depth, then my excitement over a sales offer is over and the short time span of the coupon offer is over anyway...

I totally agree with cujo_da_man in what he says here above. Frustration, and I reallize I don't have these funny restrictions and limitations with sales offers on other platforms. So my solution to avoid this frustration in future is to go looking for alternative places, where things are clear and honest. Especially trying to purchase from 'software authors' directly, which also increases their income because they benefit from my purchase to the full amount.

That is my opinion as a client, and it also makes me think hard again as an upcoming content creator and vendor, how to deal with this experience.

Anyway, thank you for mentioning the 'any softwares', which I have been totally unaware of, even after being a customer at Renderosity for around 10 years. At least I now have an explanation why my purchase plans were frustrated last night.

Poser Pro 2014 GameDev, Lightwave 11.6.3, Blacksmith3D Pro 6, Bryce 7, Carrara Pro 8.5, Reality 4 & LuxRender, Python 2.7 & Wx-Python, UV-Mapper Pro, XFrog 3.5, Paintshop Pro X7, Apophysis 7x64

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

lwaves ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 5:34 AM

It worked for me.

Was it the correct amount though? Did you do you the maths? The coupon code appears to work for me, showing that my items (two characters and a set of character morphs) are eligible and a discount is applied. It's just the wrong amount as it isn't the 40% that is offered but less. It's only $3 dollars difference so it's not a big deal for me, it's more about the principle of it. 40% should mean 40%, not 33.5% (if I worked that out right).

@Others
I don't think I've ever used a coupon before, certainly not recently, but to back up what jennblake says, I felt it was pretty clear which type of items were eligible. The e-mail is not the coupon, that is simply a notification of the coupon. The coupon is on the site, white background, large Happy Independence Day image and the restrictions are listed right under the coupon code. Not to seem harsh but if you didn't read it then it's kind of your own fault. Obviously if software is your main purchase then you're not going to get any discounts outside of a sale.

@Renderosity Staff
I would still like an answer to my original point though. Why is the percentage that is calculated wrong and can you  please fix it before the offer is over.
I would have thought an overnight wait (my time) would have been enough to get an answer to my time sensitive question.

EventMobil ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 7:58 AM

As I said, it's fine. There is always the choice of removing the items from my shopping cart again, when you discover that the items, which have been waiting on your wishlist for months, are excluded from the glamorous promotion. And that's what I did.

It would however be fair and avoid frustration, if Renderosity could openly indicate already on my wish list, that this and that item is excluded from sales, coupons, promotion campaigns, so I don't need to wait for months to discover this.

lwaves ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 8:54 AM

@EventMobil
Fair enough, that part of my reply was partly for you and partly for the other poster who mentioned the e-mail. I can understand the frustration of getting excited at a deal, only to find that you can't take advantage. It's how I'm feeling now at the percentage error.

I agree that it would be nice to see what is eligible on the wishlist, but I'm sure that's going to depend on the offer that's available. I don't see how it could be implemented when different, ongoing offers apply to different products. But if it could be implemented it would be very useful, even if it was on the product page and not the wishlist.

jennblake ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 10:00 AM

@lwaves...please send the email I requested to the store@renderosity.com email address so that I can take a look at the product ID numbers and see what may be causing the difference in the discount for you. I would be happy to do that. 

And just for a note..the quote above about coupons not being eligible for use on clearance, software, magazines and some other items was in the coupon emailer sent. You can see the exact message here if you would like. 

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/emarket/view.php?msg_id=4353&email=archives@archives

I was only explaining where that was located on the coupon announcement and our policies on that. Sometimes software vendors DO participate in sales on their stores. It is not that software is NEVER on sale. :) 

Hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday. 

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 4:07 PM

Sometimes, when I encounter a problem making a purchase from the Renderosity website, I find that there are issues if I'm using Firefox as my browser.  I just encountered this when purchasing Blacksmith with the July 4th discount coupon.

The solution for me was to log out and re-log back in using MS Internet Explorer. 

Then things worked just fine and the discount was applied.

Firefox also has problems on Renderosity's website when you're trying to use Paypal.

Again, the workaround is to use IE.

It would be nice if Renderosity and Mozilla would work together to resolve this.

lwaves ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 4:32 PM

Okay this has been resolved and it turns out that it was my own cock-up. When I was sending the details to Jenn, I noticed that one of the three items was already on sale. I feel like a fool now for something s simple. That explains the discrepancy in the discount.

I have now ordered all three items, with the July 4th coupon applied to the remaining two and all went well, so all is good. :)

Thanks to Jenn for her help.

@galaxiefilm
Strange, I use Firefox and PayPal and have never had a problem here, including tonight. But even if I did, I wouldn't touch IE with a disinfected barge pole, held by a robotic arm, whilst in a lead lined room, wearing the highest grade radiation and disease protective suit. LOL.

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 4:44 PM

I'm not thrilled with having to use IE on occasion either, but it doers fix that problem for me.

I was clued-in by one of your own customer service people over the phone a month back when I first couldn't use Paypal in trying to make a purchase with Firefox as my browser.

And IE resolved a coupon working for me about an hour ago, when the discount wouldn't process on my Firefox screen.

Go figure.

jennblake ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 4:47 PM

I'm just happy we were able to figure it out and you can make your purchase. :) Trust me...mistakes happen. I've done my fair share of them. :) Hope you enjoy your purchases! :)

Giana ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2015 at 10:54 PM

actually, it must be noted that the coupon received at least in my email did in fact NOT state the little terms of what's excluded like it normally does, which i thought at the time pretty remarkable.  if a person was solely going off info from said email & not visiting the actual page onsite that had the same code, it was very misleading.  having been around long enough, and knowing sometimes things get 'hidden', because no terms were in the email [which sounded like the 40% really did apply to any & everything], i did come visit the actual page here at Rendo first just to be sure.

however, a person shouldn't have to come hunting for that kind of thing.  consistency is a critical key.

if anyone would like me to for forward the actual email i received from my mailbox and not the archived coupon page, let me know and i'll do so... the discounts really should be honoured as presented in the mailing as opposed to the archived page, as good customer service in a case like this should err in favour of the customer, imo...

jennblake ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2015 at 9:18 AM

The link given was to the Newsletter Archives which shows a copy of the exact newsletter or coupon that goes out via broadcasts to members. Nothing was changed or altered on that after it went out. If yours was different can you please send that to store@renderosity.com so we can review that please? :) 

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2015 at 9:19 PM

ok, consider it done.

i also asked someone who is a member here to look at what they had received in their email, and it was the same exact mailing as mine, so i know it wasn't just some fluke that only i experienced.

and just, fyi, i did NOT use my coupon, nor did i purchase anything over the holiday weekend.  my concern is the inaccurate information that is being disseminated to your paying customers.

if for some reason, the forwarded email does not arrive, please let me know as i will happily send it again.

jennblake ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2015 at 9:43 AM

Thank you for sending that. I will look for it. :)

Giana ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2015 at 8:52 PM

i trust you received the forwarded coupon alright, yes?

jennblake ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2015 at 9:45 AM

Yes I did get that. Thank you for forwarding it to me. I now see the issues and will be in contact with you. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Until you sent that I was unaware there were multiple coupons sent out. I now see that. 

RPublishing ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2015 at 11:19 AM
Forum Moderator

I am so sorry that our RPublishing.com or Blacksmith3d.com newsletters caused coupon confusion. I am sending a personal apology to those of you who also cross over on my mailing list.

My apologies 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.