Fri, Jul 12, 3:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 11 1:35 pm)

Subject: It takes 45 seconds ...

Latexluv ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 6:14 PM

At least for me, under Firefox, the bottom bar is mercifully gone today. Now they need to get rid of the white bar, and fix the Freestuff section. I will put up with a "Trending" section (as absolutely stupid as that is), if they would bring back being able to search by software and by specifics (should be like it used to be, a drop down menu where you could display V4 items only, or G2F items, Lights......you guys remember).

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

tonyvilters ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 6:37 PM

"We are working on it."

Where have I read that before?

Ah, here, just before I left.
And the week before that.
And the week before that week.
And about every week before that week.

RESTORE to december 2012. The last month this thing worked as it should.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 9:12 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I don't really think that it needs to be rolled back to a previous version, and I doubt they have backups of it anyway.
I seem to recall someone mentioning that they didn't, but I am not 100% sure about that.

What would be really nice, is to just make one version work and stick to it. Constantly replacing one broken version for another is beyond odd.
From what I have seen of the new site so far, it could be made to work even thou I do not like how some of it is set up.
But; based on prior events I am not very optimistic about it. History has a tendency to repeat itself, and this upgrade is no different in many ways.
They say you should give the benefit of doubt, but as it stands now there is more doubt than benefit.

Who knows, maybe I will be surprised once it is done. But I think it should have been further along than this before going live if you ask me.

Running off people that have been here for years continues to happen, but I really wonder if that matters anymore.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

GeofiX ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 10:06 PM · edited Thu, 20 August 2015 at 10:06 PM

"Please be patient. We are working on the issues and are doing what we can to make this site more user friendly!"

Been hearing that one for months now...

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 10:27 PM

Now thats funny . i click on Emoji and got this. I am done here :(..Kaspersky.jpg

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

ashley9803 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 1:31 AM

I don't post to the forum much anymore. Perhaps someone could tell me why I must now wait 25 seconds for an advertisement to load before letting me into the marketplace?

Photopium ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 8:55 AM · edited Fri, 21 August 2015 at 8:58 AM

"We're looking into it"

That seems to me to be crazy talk. It seems to suggest that this is all coming at you guys off-guard. Like you really expected people to like these constant, ever-worsening changes to Renderosity. Like you're all just puzzled beyond belief.

You ask us not to be negative, but sometimes the truth is not positive. Your members are angry at you guys taking what was once a great and highly functional forum/site and consistently sabotaging it beyond usability.

It's like you don't want to consider an inconvenient truth, only continue to push agenda of encouraging everyone to leave.

It's time to own-up to the mistakes and admit that these changes are pleasing absolutely nobody except the pockets of whomever is doing this terrible work.

You guys just don't want to take any heat or own any responsibility for how horrible things have become.

It's frustrating and it makes you guys look totally oblivious to what anyone here wants or needs.

It reminds me of George Lucas and his commitment to Jar-Jar Binks and adding fart sounds to Original Star Wars and other atrocities.

Oblivious.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 9:42 AM

rest in pieces

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 11:40 AM · edited Fri, 21 August 2015 at 11:42 AM

I just discovered that I can go anywhere on the forums and galleries with out being logged in, including member profiles and Gallery art with a Content Advisory.

I'd report this to a Moderator, but clicking on the moderators on the Forum Page takes me to the Homepage.

Thank Goodness we have Emoji... 😫

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.