Wed, Sep 18, 11:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 8:39 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Tutorial On

hopeandlove ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 11:50 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

Hi everyone--

Thanks again for all your feedback. We have been listening and are working on the kinks and issues regarding the new site.

In order to better assist you, we're creating a tutorial on how to navigate through the new site. This tutorial should be posted within a day or so. We know this is a HUGE change, so we're going to show you how to get around our new site more efficiently!

Thank you.

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 11:55 AM

a tutorial.
for navigating the site.

have you lost your mind? do you need a tutorial for Amazon? Daz? Runtime DNA?

oh my god you really have lost the plot...

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 11:56 AM

LMAO! Ok this was fun indeed. Gotta be a first for everything I guess.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 11:56 AM

OMG...really? You're telling us to RTFM??? For a website???!!!

Urgh.

Laurie

structure ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 11:57 AM
Forum Coordinator

If we have reached the point where a tutorial is needed for navigation, you would think the "powers that be" would see that there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the design in the first place.

Locked Out

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 11:59 AM

don't worry. we'll need a tutorial on how to find the tutorial.

creativeguy59 ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:00 PM

Well, thanks for the attempt, but I think a tutorial doesn't actually solve the problem here of the site being a really bad design. :) You shouldn't really need a tutorial to navigate a store site.... it would be like getting a road map for a Target, Wallmart, insert brick and mortar business name here...

If your site is that complicated you need to do a tutorial then you already have underscored a very very bad site design.

Amethyst_Heart ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:00 PM

DO you ALSO plan to do a tutorial on how to enter the site where it doesn't leave you with Mal De Mer, With migraines and with streaming eyes.

I'm in the process of BACKING UP my purchases AND thinking about removing my store as I can't be on a vendor on a site that makes me ill. NOWHERE have I seen anything happen to help people with visual distress, etc.

But here's another thought A MANUAL FOR DYSLEXICS ??????? hrm sounds a bit silly at this moment.

Look at the bigger picture here, there is NO WAY I CAN LOVE A SITE THAT I CAN'T USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the site is A MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Piper

structure ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:01 PM · edited Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:01 PM
Forum Coordinator

there's nothing like being told that you're too stupid to use the site, thanks RO.

Locked Out

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:05 PM

No kidding, what the hell.........were computer literate know how to use one and can Navigate any thing we ever come up on, it may take a minute or two but it's no big deal. A tut showing how to Navigate the Site may be helpful to some but is not what's needed the most, responding to the membership about their concerns fixing the most Important things like Upload Restrictions, being able to upload any thing period, I can't even update my Avatar( and I use the Chrome Framework Opera Browser basically Google Chrome without the Malware) so don't ask me what Browser I'm using.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:08 PM

You can't be taught to navigate something that's BRO-KEN!!

Laurie

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:14 PM

Damn, wish I'd said that

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

goldie ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:15 PM · edited Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:30 PM

LMAO. Needed a good laugh. Thanks. I think the only ones who need a manual are those who created this train wreck.

Instead of wasting time writing an unnecessary manual, why not put that time into fixing the site?

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:35 PM
Site Admin

ROFL... seriously? You've ticked off the current customers, get a clue... nobody likes this mess. And nobody is going to read a tutorial... let alone new customers. There are too many alternative choices. You know DAZ and Runtime are laughing their butts off, they like the new customers you're sending them.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 2:00 PM

You are here X

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 4:10 PM

Yeah, sorry, Hope. I can't disagree with what has been said already. Tell the people working on the tutorial they can stop now, because they are wasting their time. If the website is so complicated we need a tutorial to navigate it, it needs to be made more usable, not more thoroughly explained. Don't give me a tutorial on how to work around poor programming, just fix the programming. I'm retired, which means I no longer have to put up with poorly designed and cumbersome processes. I don't get paid for that now, and won't do it for free. What we have here is a sow's ear, with no silk purse in sight.

Tell the PTB, "thanks for the thought," but no thanks.

Tara

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

bmac62 ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 4:30 PM

Have read all the comments in the forum about the new site. Have uploaded a new photo in Photography. Have commented on several postings from other photographers. The site IS NOT INTUITIVE. The previous site needed no tutorial. Most of us are here to enjoy ourselves. Please fix the items listed by auntietk, anahata.c and others. A tut for newbies maybe but not me (here since Aug 11, 2008). Thanks.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

iborg64 ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 4:43 PM

Never seen a site that needed a tutorial before thats a first

jpiat ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 5:55 PM

The unwavering good mood of our community manager is the funniest thing that I have ever seen or read. After all, why to take in the tragic the disappearance of renderosity? The sellers will sell on others stores, we shall post our renders on others sites. Who cares ?

Revolution is a perfect name choice for the new design. A revolution need to break the old world, get out the old users : Tutorial or not, we are too old for the change.

There is only a minor problem, Renderosity sell content for poser, an expensive software. I have the stange feeling that we are "old" here. We can buy poser, content.... and now we must leave.

fabiana ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 6:15 PM

Hope, please, no...

Fabi @FKDesign

One in some place under Southern Stars...
Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

Belladzines ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 6:24 PM

Honestly why was the site upgraded? (or sidegraded or downgraded) - its a huge mess, my store is a mess, everything is out of alignment and not to mention the ads that pop up that just dont belong here ....

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 6:46 PM

A tutorial is not what is needed, what is needed is a web designer who can look at the design (or lack there of) and see it is clearly a train wreck.
Revert back to the old design before, customers and vendors jump ship for 3D content stores that are not so overly complicated and haphazardly put together that they need an instruction manual. The previous design was clean and easy on the eyes. Why fix (or in this case destroy) something that was not broken in the first place?

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

Faerydae ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 7:09 PM

I'm sorry, but if you need a tutorial just to navigate a site there's obviously a huge problem with the site. I won't read a tutorial just to navigate. If I can't find anything I just won't visit, and of course not spend any money. This revolution is one huge ugly migraine inducing mess. The fixed header is horrible, the ads are horrible, my gallery looks horrible because of how badly the thumbnails are stretched....it's all just absolutely horrible! Please someone change it back!

PandyGirl ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 7:15 PM

I am sorry, I might not be on here much at all anymore.. but if a site needs a tutorial.. which we will probably need a tutorial to find in the first place.. You might need to rethink the site and revert it back to the previous version.. This is the first time in 11 yrs, that I couldn't even find "My account" to check for an update on something I bought..

And the fact trying to find anything is just BAD..

Instead of creating a tutorial.. which is ridiculous in the first place.. just give us back the previous version.. there was nothing wrong with it.

3DSublimeProtege ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 7:23 PM
Forum Moderator

Why not put that time into acting on the concerns and complaints of the customers, vendors, and artist that frequent this site. You all have asked. You keep getting almost the same answers from everyone across all of the forums, instead of spending time making a "how to use video" why not respond to some of the changes that we have asked for. I've tried to remain patient but COME ON! This is our business and our income that we are dealing with here dang!

3DSublimeProductions (Tima) - Admin, Vendor, Marketplace Tester, & Vendor Education

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 8:15 PM · edited Thu, 20 August 2015 at 8:23 PM

Design & navigation isn't the issue here. It's functionality. Mainly the state of the forums.

My Renderosity Store

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 9:04 PM · edited Thu, 20 August 2015 at 9:16 PM

it's not just the forums, trust me. the mess has bled everywhere and into the cracks even.

the idea of creating a tutorial, well, i'll point above. at the same time, if you're writing a tutorial, it makes it sound as if things will be staying the way they are, but hopefully with a few tweaks as a few massive overhauls.

i'm just going to put this out there, and i really don't care what anyone thinks about it:

the programmers have essentially damaged my HOME!! they came, swung a big ol' wreaking ball into one of the walls. they stripped away my personal belongings in the sense that there is now so little customisation available. and they have bolted down my furniture where THEY think it should go.

1. i used to be able to favourite an image and say WHY i did so. that really was never done to communicate anything to the image's creator, but so if someone came by and took a peek at my favourites, they could not only be introduced to p'raps something new to them, but they could also learn a little about me, what speaks to me and why. that started off several good conversations with folks i might've never bumped into otherwise. the same is true for favouriting artists.

2. my 'friends' and my 'favourite artists' were combined into one list. when was i consulted about whether or not my perspective on the two groups is the same?

3. i can no longer post an image to my 'bio' page temporarily if i didn't want to put something into the galleries directly.

4. i no longer have the option to turn off any commenting on my images - i liked having that option at times for various reasons.

5. i can no longer readily find things in the MP, which is a shame, as i'm a huge impulse shopper whenst i can easily browse at my leisure.

6. i can no longer find other people's wishlisted items.

7. today, in going to the galleries, all i seem to get a that big useless spinning icon that never seems to remedy itself so i can view anything.

8. coming to the site itself, i can easily wait a full minute before anything loads as i'm oft stuck waiting on some google ad click thingy to load first prior to any page loading.

9. things are just so disorganised in general...

community means having the ability to COMMUNICATE, and that should be a full-bodied experience: communication in ALL facets of the galleries, communication in the forums that don't take forever to load, communication via the chatroom...

i left a list in a thread here about bugs i found, questions & concerns i had, and provided sceenshots [for the most part] whenst asked to do so for clarification. i really did not do any of those things just to bitch. i did them because i am in want of not feeling so bloody displaced from my 'home', and i want that to matter to someone here at Rendo that can actually help me, help everyone else, to not feel so awful. i said i'd prolly not come back until a week or two had passed, but yet, here i am, still fighting to get right with all of this ---

THIS SITE MATTERS TO ME

t'would be nice to feel that we as users actually matter in return...
and no tutorial can truly provide that...

IceEmpress ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 10:35 PM

If we have reached the point where a tutorial is needed for navigation, you would think the "powers that be" would see that there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the design in the first place.
Not necessarily. We should have had a tutorial for the last update-- once I got the hang of the new layout, I realized that the people that still had trouble using the site were simply having trouble getting used to/figuring out the changes. Though in this case, I'm sure the problem is indeed what you are saying.
A tutorial is what is needed so we can get the hang of the changes-- WHEN THEY'RE FIXED. Not very useful when the site is broken.

Instead of creating a tutorial.. which is ridiculous in the first place.. just give us back the previous version.. there was nothing wrong with it.
They can't. As Kristi stated in another thread, the entire purpose of the redesign is because Google is being an [censored] and requiring that all websites be 100% mobile-compliant in order to show up on their search engine. (that said, currently Rendo is not anything-compliant) And on the web, one of the biggest things that affect sales are how far down on Google's search results you show up on. Also Bing to a far lesser extent.

Pandy, if you pull your products, is there any chance that you'll move them to another site?

t's not just the forums, trust me. the mess has bled everywhere and into the cracks even
It's not in the wishlist page for the most part. Well, there's a tiny skidmark (huge price size), but that's about it.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 11:25 PM · edited Thu, 20 August 2015 at 11:27 PM

@4221900 Fabi wrote: "Hope, please, no... "

hugs Fabi

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 11:27 PM

3Dpixi ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 1:31 AM · edited Fri, 21 August 2015 at 1:34 AM

Putting up a tutorial how to use the site will make it only worse and ADMITS the site is NOT user friendly AT ALL.
I would even suggest you would delete this whole thread .. but who am I ..

Browsing on Renderosity has to be a run around filled with joy and Oh''s and Ah's for the art and products .. Not study time.

And for once please don't focus on the forums .. focus on the prio's in the right order .. It's easy as ABC

A - MarketPlace = The main and most important cause it's the income of Rendo
B - Galleries = Artists unite there sharing their pride and joy creations and are most important potential customers
C - Forums = The general in between

Renderosity doesn't need a tutorial .. It needs a webdesigner who will design a steady equal lay-out to make it userfriendly again
NOTE : Userfriendly btw has nothing to do with bugs and issues .. Userfriendly means a great lay-out where visitors navigate with a blink
And with a more decent and professional clean look-and-feel and userfriendly navigation a few bugs wouldn't even be that big an issue

Renderosity was and is a home for many .. It's crumbling down and looks like a scrambled egg with way to much ingredients

• Just Saying .. for what ever it counts -

JVRenderer ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 1:52 AM · edited Fri, 21 August 2015 at 1:53 AM

This is good read. The bible for every web designer.
DontMakeMeThink.jpg

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 4:42 AM

Ouch! A lot of people here with heavy complaints! Ouch! The site managers are mysteriously not responding! Ouch! As much as I don't wish to say this, the people complaining are right! Ouch! It seems the Site Managers think a site navigating tutorial is a good fix for the problem! Ouch! I can't get my head wrapped around these strange changes!
So who is responsible for this giant mess of a new design, that is alienating most users, both Vendor and Customer?
Need to go lie down now!

creativeguy59 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 6:58 AM

@4222127

Actually very well said :) They need to fess up that they need to put it back under evaluation. Return to the old stuff so they can fix the new stuff based on what they have heard. Do some proper research on site design and still fulfill the needs of mobile support they think they say they need. You messed up a recipe you need to go and try it again not try to fix what is just inedible. Right now it is more like the admin staff acting like Don Quixote fighting windmills that they think are dragons... then telling the user's that they really just don't understand the site and it's greatness... tis called delusional. I ain't delusional I got years of experience as a user, developer, and tester of web sites. :) Anyways thanks for your well worded response :)

creativeguy59 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 6:58 AM

iborg64 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 8:04 AM

The site dosnt work on a phone now anyway for example ive just looked through the forums on my phone and any with more than 1 page will simple not load any of the other pages .The old site work perfectly well on my phone before when i was away from home i could keep up with things check on comments and uploads .was maybe the making sites 100% compatable with phones and tablets mistakenly interpreted as equally broke for all platforms ?

AliceFromLake ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 8:31 AM

Rendo destroyed this site. That's really bad. I can not format the text describing the pictures I posted like in the version before. I can't find the page with the items I bought so far. The pictures are smaller than before. Why? People are asking for bigger pictures and you make it smaller? What the (censored)... Why is there not the list with genres to chose like before? Why this big page? It's cumbersome. I don't understand why all is made worse.

fabiana ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 8:44 AM

@4222072
Laurie I am almost in tears. Unfortunately I have been before in situations like this. Would pay whatever for the option to erase from my mind these memories.
I am too old for this.
Will find a solution for me. Life goes on.

Fabi @FKDesign

Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

fabiana ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 8:44 AM

Fabi @FKDesign

creativeguy59 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 9:07 AM

@4222217

You don't know me but here is a big hug ... I love your products, you do quality stuff. No matter the mess here going on things will get better somehow, if not here, somewhere as you do good stuff. I am sorry that your caught in the middle of all this fun... but I wanted to know I at least appreciate you.

creativeguy59 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 9:07 AM

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 9:24 AM

Fabiana - I LOVE your products. I really feel bad for you and all the great vendors here. Renderosity has done all of you (and all of us) a HUGE injustice here, and they don't seem to give a damn. Blaming this fiasco on Google is a cop-out and a load of BS. Every thread iv's seen in the Community forum is full of frustrated and angry users - both buyers and sellers. But it's difficult for Rendo's PTB to see anything with their heads buried in the sand (or up their arses more accurately). The very idea of creating a tutorial on how to navigate this abomination just confirms what a massive mess this is. I had hoped that after a few days, they would come to their senses and just say "Opps, our bad. We're reinstating the old layout. We want our community to enjoy being here." No such luck. They would rather say "Our community is so stupid they need instructions on how to use the site, so we'll put up a tutorial..."

Yeah. THAT should fix everything.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

fabiana ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 9:37 AM

Dear people... warms my spirit to read this... creativeguy59 and RodS I recognize your names... I have big memory for names and I know you are customers :)
Makes me happy to know your appreciation, believe me, every single gesture is important for us the vendors that make a living from this activity. I personally read every single ebot about sales, love to see returning customers and their names... I am saddened today, but I truly hope we can see some light during today.
I will keep my flags up, waiting for some answers.

Thank you again!

Fabi @FKDesign

EwokZombie ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 11:06 AM

Rule of thumb:

If it is not broke, do not fix it.

If you decide we need a tutorial to navigate this site, then maybe you should not have fixed something that did not need fixing.

3dstories ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 11:07 AM · edited Fri, 21 August 2015 at 11:21 AM

Fabiana (and other vendors) - I'm with the other 3Ders. Love your products! This is temporary. May walk away for a bit, but not planning to abandon the site.

I figure either sales will drop off for a short period, then pick up as existing people get used to things and new people are attracted. Or they will really tank with no pick-up and Renderosity folks will have to act. If that is the case, this is where all our comments will be helpful. All these people writing obviously care - the worst case would be nobody writing! And I expect there may be adjustments (I'm thinking in PRIME, mostly) as Rendo and vendors together feel out what will attract buyers and keep artists. I don't think what's there is going to work as it currently exists post change, but I think it can and will be salvaged.

Meanwhile, this thread was a good one to start reading... I thought it was really funny (sorry moderator)...LMAO-2! the thought of needing a tutorial to navigate a website that is selling things! ( :-D) Except for the timing of the announcement among the bigger issue of really bad visuals, it's actually not a bad idea sometimes to have explanations about the nuances and where to find things, especially through custom search engines.

Hallowed_Sylph ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 12:22 PM

A tutorial wasn't and isn't needed. The site is not user friendly , it is a MESS. Vendors who are amazing for this community like Fabi and many others are having their incomes messed with. Yes people their livelihood. This is a job as much as it is a passion. You built a community and now your taking the wrecking ball to it. I don't google Renderosity by the way , never do and no I don't want it on my phone or my flippin Roku. I want the site I had grown to love and respect back instead of the debacle that it has become.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 12:23 PM · edited Fri, 21 August 2015 at 12:25 PM

Fabi, no matter what happens, you can go anywhere in this business and be top of the top ;). You're just that talented. Don't ya worry. People will keep buying your awesome stuff, even if they have to do it privately. And I for one will follow ya no matter where ya are. Keep ur chin up :). All you vendors keep your chin up. I know it must be tough.

On topic: no tutorial. I won't look at it. I'll simply just not come here. There's nothing to keep me coming here anymore with all these "wonderful" changes that I'm just gonna "love" if I "give em a chance". Not happenin.

Laurie

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 12:46 PM

I'm one that does not like having to learn a new way to do something that worked well for me the old way. I have a lot going on in my life, and taking the time to learn a new way to navigate a site I have visited daily for years is just digging into my time for other pursuits!

This problem is not just being talked about here at Renderosity. I've seen comment containing complaints at many sites we artists visit. This cat is already out of the bag, figuratively speaking, and on the internet there is no way to put it back in!

To the Administrators and/or Managers of Renderosity: If you care as much as you say you do about your vendors and your customers, you will listen to what we are saying about the current state of this site, and you will fix it in a manner that is acceptable to the majority. To do any less is to lose business, and I'm sure you do not want to do that!

bmac62 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 1:10 PM

JVRenderer, Great book (Don't Make Me Think)! Read the book sample on Amazon. The author speaks of web site "usability". That's what we are missing here. Please Rendo, get a copy of this book and pass it around the office. This is what we all want. It is advanced common sense.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

3Dpixi ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 3:11 PM

@4222242 .. I feel you to well Fabi dear .. It hurts and saddens BIG time.
It's out of our hands which is the hardest part of all ..
The only thing we can do is watch and hope it all will turn out ok at the end.
Hugs

3Dpixi ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 3:11 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.