Sat, Sep 7, 8:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:25 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Site Update Bug Report

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 8:07 AM

Avatars are still blank (except my own) on image pages; I see that they do show here in the forum. It's a bit annoying.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 2:37 PM

I see no reply box at bottom of "Profile Picture Issue Fixed" thread.
however I see reply box at bottom of this thread and other announcement threads.
safari 5.0.5
wanted to request BWS re-instate checkbox in forum prefs to disable avatar display.

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 8:07 AM

Will the exif data be returning to the photography gallery? It's as important to photographers as vendor info is to all the folks that use them...

Wonderland ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 10:59 AM

The Google ads are driving me crazy. I hired movers a few weeks ago, so now I'm constantly getting ads for movers. I shop mostly on my iPad and I have ad tracking off in privacy and then clicked a reset button, so now I'm getting random ads for things like Tide detergent. I am never going to click on those ads and the whole point is to get people to click. Why don't you at least hand pick ads for products relevant to the site? 2D and 3D art or even photography related ads I might click on. Even better, store vendors sales or new products. It's just annoying to see these intrusive ads that have nothing to do with me or the site that I will never click on. Next I'll probably get an ad for McDonalds or something (where I haven't eaten since I was 12 years old...) If you must have ads, please at least make them relevant to the site, not our personal searches or with that turned off, random ads that cheapen the site...

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com
FACEBOOK: Alicia's Page TWITTER: @AliciaHollinger INSTAGRAM: @AliciaHollinger

Giana ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 10:48 PM

i think there is an issue, at least in the galleries, regarding the use of the Gallery Search box.

if i use the Community > Site Search, and type in the word 'pearl', hit enter, and then click the gallery button from there, i am rolled into the galleries and my keyword autopops and results are shown.

however, if i am already in the galleries and type in 'pearl' myself into the Gallery Search box, i get no results whatsoever any longer. i know i did prior to the Site Search feature being implemented.

i'm using the most recent update for FireFox. the most recent update for FF was done yesterday, but this was happening prior to the update, so i think that that can be ruled out as a potential factor. i wanted to wait a couple days before reporting this in case it was just a fluke, but it's still occurring.

Wonderland ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 12:05 AM

It shows that I have unread site mail, although it is read.

On the iPad you get these floating grey squares that have suggestions for other items in landscape mode that cover everything up and you have to switch to portrait mode to be able to continue to shop.

Also, it still says at check out that we only get 5% rewards instead of 7%

And please fix the relevancy of the ads! I have no interest in buying Tide detergent!

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com
FACEBOOK: Alicia's Page TWITTER: @AliciaHollinger INSTAGRAM: @AliciaHollinger

pimanjc ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 2:54 PM

KimberlyC posted at 2:53PM Sat, 29 August 2015 - #4221033

Thank you all for your reports.

Update:
Ebots are working now. If you are not receiving them, please let me know.

Kimberly, I am not receiving ebots.

pimanjc ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 2:58 PM

JeniferC posted at 2:56PM Sat, 29 August 2015 - #4222557

We are also going to bring back the ability to auto-create a thumbnail for you. That may be several business days before we can get that working well. Many of the auto-create thumbnails from the old site are some of the fuzzy thumbs that members have been complaining about, and members are encouraged to update those.

Jenifer,
Are the auto-create thumbnail images available yet? I will probably not be able to post any images until that feature is activated.
JimC

mazzam ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 6:49 PM

I still get the white screen failure on gallery posts when I include one of the Danie and Marforno products in the citation list. No other vendor has caused this problem. But as far as I know their products are the only one with a punctuation mark in the product name DM's etc. So I remain unable to give credits to this very fine vendor.
An observation - not a complaint - still no 'Contains Nudity' alerts showing under gallery thumbnails and nobody seems to be checking for nudity in thumbnails either. Does it not matter any more?
I reported both issues here some time ago. Other than that, having no problems with gallery posts.
New question: who put together the keyword list? I find it incredible that 'butt' is a valid keyword and 'butterfly' isn't. Seems sort of perverted.

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 9:08 PM

Where is the delete gallery button now? I can't see it anywhere. Not for me, but I have a friend who wants to delete his gallery (not happy with the new direction here) and I can't help him out. Where has it gone?

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 30 August 2015 at 8:58 AM

@ Denise ... I've seen elsewhere that he'll have to delete each image one at a time.

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Sun, 30 August 2015 at 9:05 AM

Thanks Tara, he won't like that at all... :(

mazzam ( ) posted Sun, 30 August 2015 at 9:15 PM

Oh, a new one today. I tried to give credit to 'Red Light District 2080' by Powerage. I could not bring up product name even though I verified that the product under that name is current in the marketplace.

PandaB5 ( ) posted Mon, 31 August 2015 at 5:26 AM

I still can't see any data in the affiliate portal. I cannot click on the calendars and going to insight gives me a data of 1969 which I'm unable to change.
I want to know urgently if I need to take down my Renderosity ads on my websites until this is fixed or whether you're still tracking that and it is just the interface that is broken.

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 31 August 2015 at 11:41 AM

Hi, to add images to the post, the "selecting them" button doesn't work for me , I can upload images using drag and drop

adh3d website

hopeandlove ( ) posted Mon, 31 August 2015 at 12:03 PM

@adh3d-- We are aware of this issue. I've brought it up to the programmers. Thanks!

@mazzam-- can you please take a screenshot so I can look further into this? Which browser are you using?

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 31 August 2015 at 5:47 PM

Ok, thank you.

adh3d website

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2015 at 5:10 PM

Not sure if this has been addressed but this morning I couldn't create a "markdown" inline link as described in the tips page. with the code as follows:

[text shown] (http://www.address.com)

Several tutorials for inline linking show this as the form, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

bwsupport ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 6:39 PM · edited Wed, 02 September 2015 at 6:43 PM
Site Admin

Boni posted at 6:32PM Wed, 02 September 2015 - #4225935

Not sure if this has been addressed but this morning I couldn't create a "markdown" inline link as described in the tips page. with the code as follows:

[text shown] (http://www.address.com)

Several tutorials for inline linking show this as the form, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Boni

Boni, you have a space between the brackets and the parentheses. They have to be together.

To simply some of this I have added buttons & shortcuts to the editor that now will do it all for you.

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 6.41.25 PM.png

You can either press the button to insert the markdown, or you can type text, highlight it then click the button to insert the markdown, or for an inline link you can type in the URL then highlight and the click the button.

I've also added shortcuts for the buttons as well:

To bring up a shortcut for Emojis you can type : then start typing the name of the emoji

Inside the editor, you can now select your text and bold by typing:

cmd+b or cntl+b   

Inside the editor, you can now select your text and italicize by typing:

cmd+i or cntl+i   

Inside the editor, you can now select your text (or not for a new link) and link by typing:

cmd+shift+l or cntl+shift+l   

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 6:59 PM

Thank you so much ... this will help so much!!! 😍

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 7:03 PM

Added question ... can we please add pictures to our signatures? I know there is a security issue, but can we work with that?

Boni

bwsupport ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 9:37 PM · edited Wed, 02 September 2015 at 9:41 PM
Site Admin

Boni posted at 9:35PM Wed, 02 September 2015 - #4226162

Added question ... can we please add pictures to our signatures? I know there is a security issue, but can we work with that?

Yeah, we've got to work on some of the UTF-8 issues and then convert that to markdown as well before it is possible. I'll put it on the list for discussion, I'm not sure why you would need a picture on you signature and I'm not sure people won't take advantage of it and add huge images possibly cluttering the pages on which they post? But I'll at least open it for discussion when we convert that.

On a side note, I'll be working on adding more buttons for a few other things over time.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 10:31 PM · edited Wed, 02 September 2015 at 10:32 PM

Thank you. I was just wanting to add a small graphic to enhance my signature ... I am glad for the buttons and promise of more. I do like markdown, but I know there are less knowledgeable users who will welcome this even more. You are doing wonderful. I do love the pop up of emoji codes!!

Boni

nDelphi ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2015 at 6:33 AM

PandaB5 posted at 7:30AM Tue, 08 September 2015 - #4225508

I still can't see any data in the affiliate portal. I cannot click on the calendars and going to insight gives me a data of 1969 which I'm unable to change.
I want to know urgently if I need to take down my Renderosity ads on my websites until this is fixed or whether you're still tracking that and it is just the interface that is broken.

Is anyone going to address this issue? The affiliate system is clearly broken. I have sent emails but really no one that matters has gotten back to me. I don't even see an affiliate cookie being added to my browser and the stats are a joke. I can't even see passed Aug 15, 2015.

3D DAZ Studio/Poser Celebrity Lookalike Directory

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2015 at 12:38 PM

BWS, when I added 800-px img to my sigfile, users complained about it, so I removed it. it's true - they hate those. my solution: block sigfile display. then they can put anything they like into it. would also like to block avatar display, since many of them are not well done.

bwsupport ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2015 at 1:38 PM
Site Admin

nDelphi posted at 1:37PM Tue, 08 September 2015 - #4227045

Is anyone going to address this issue? The affiliate system is clearly broken. I have sent emails but really no one that matters has gotten back to me. I don't even see an affiliate cookie being added to my browser and the stats are a joke. I can't even see passed Aug 15, 2015.

@nDelphi I have logged in as you and everthing seems to work fine. Could you post a screen shot along with your browser and version.

adorety ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2015 at 9:27 PM

When uploading an image, in the description it says 25000 characters max. This is not true as when I went over that I got a "Faliure to post, description exceeds limit of 4096". Just like it used too. I can deal with that, but the number used to change and tell you how many characters were in your description, now it does nothing. Also, I think I saw in an earlier post on this thread that ebots are working? Is that true? Are we supposed to get notifications in our email that a "Favorite Artist" has posted an image, or are the ebots just Renderosity notifications? I have "Live Notifications" turned on, but I'm not even sure what that means anymore. The only ebots I get are Renderosity marketplace ads. With the "Activity Feed" as the de facto way to see your favorite artists, I'm not even sure I'm seeing everyone anymore without tracking down each artist to see if I'm still "Following" them. And to add to that, there are no "Friends" list anymore.

Also, when I view my own gallery and sort it, Newest to oldest, some images are mixed up and out of order. Besides that, with the new format for "My Gallery", I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be looking left to right, following a path left to right to right to left or up or down. It seems a bit cluttered.

Finally I'll complain about something that will likely not be changed and that is the amount of ads I am forced to look at, despite paying a Prime Membership to be here. I pay at other sites and do not have to look at ads. That is obnoxious as paying for cable and internet and Comcast forcing me to re-watch ads even when I restart a paused show. And speaking of Prime has there been any statements about the change in the cost of Prime Products? When I last paid for Prime, I paid for items @ $3.50. Is or was there something in the TOS that says pricing can change without notification or refund?

I'd say the image of a massive locomotive to announce "Big Changes" is quite appropriate: "That's right! Changes are coming and they can't be stopped! Just like a runaway train. You'll never see it coming!"

All that said, I do appreciate the lifting of size limitations and am willing to see how the changes go. I would add that before DAZ revamped their site, they had a beta site up for quite a while that allowed people to visit the site, experience the changes and offer suggestion, comments and alert programmers to bugs before committing to the new format. That's a lesson I think should be considered before making "Big Changes" again. I've seen the ranters around here and am really surprised that the Admins here did not take a more conservative approach to the change. It's not like this is like a radio station where the format can change overnight.

That's my two cents and change. BTW I've been using Chrome lately for browsing and if I'm not mistaken that is the favored browser by admins here. So all bugs I've seen are under that tent.

nDelphi ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2015 at 11:32 PM

BWsupport posted at 12:29AM Wed, 09 September 2015 - #4227137

nDelphi posted at 1:37PM Tue, 08 September 2015 - #4227045

@nDelphi I have logged in as you and everthing seems to work fine. Could you post a screen shot along with your browser and version.

It doesn't matter what browser I use. The stats issue remains. I can't see stats past Aug 15, 2015. Also, how do I know how much money I have made? How many signups? The stats page are not an improvement, it is a joke. You guys seriously need to change that.

Is the affiliate cookie saved as a different name? If so, which is it? So I can check on my end.

These questions should be easy to answer.

nDelphi ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2015 at 2:37 PM

Well, I fired-off another email and got an answer and an apology for not getting back to me. There definitely is a problem with the affiliate system that needs to be fixed. Hopefully that will get fixed asap.

MoNeart ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2015 at 12:06 PM

Not digging the new look. Also noticed when I see a banner ad at the top of a product I'd like to see, it takes me to a page about 'advertising' on Renderosity. Very annoying.

3dstories ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2015 at 3:18 AM · edited Fri, 11 September 2015 at 3:23 AM

"Deals" at the top of the page in green disappears into the black and is hard to read.

Suggest make it bold and/or maybe a different color such as yellow.

Similarly the 'white' Marketplace, Freestuff, Galleries, Community should be bold as they turn gray and fade into the title.

adh3d ( ) posted Sat, 12 September 2015 at 10:16 AM

Hi, the mobile version of the site, I used a windows phone with ie, the text in the posts are black over grey, not white, and it is impossible read nothing. Thanks.

adh3d website

Santel ( ) posted Sun, 13 September 2015 at 2:23 PM

Hi, I'm having trouble uploading images or trying to replace thumbnails since the recent changes to the gallery. The system says I've used my daily limit on images, which I did technically, by attempting to load one which refused to finish being processed by the system, three times lol. It's a normal 8 bit jpg under the size limits, even the thumbnail, 300 x 500 pixels, appears to be a problem ? After hitting upload or update, the system/page hangs. In addition, at one point, my browser (chrome) reported unsupported scripts for the page. later...

Santel ( ) posted Sun, 13 September 2015 at 5:39 PM

Ok, I got it in by amending the entry but leaving out the vendor credits. I added a comment for the vendor credits :)

Giana ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 11:57 PM · edited Mon, 14 September 2015 at 11:58 PM

it seems that a fair number of folks are still having issues with crediting vendors & getting images to upload all at the same time. i just found this in the galleries that was posted today:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/helpful-hints-on-vendor-credits/2642414/

[instructions/work arounds for the problem... maybe // posted by the helpful GrandmaT]

maybe this will help until it's addressed by the programmer[s].

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.