Sat, Oct 5, 9:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Really unhappy with the new site design

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2015 at 2:07 AM

... And stop those non-CG related advertisments NOW !!! Please don't start telling me to use an add-blocker. This has never been necessary with old Rendo.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2015 at 11:22 AM

-Timberwolf- posted at 10:20AM Tue, 29 September 2015 - #4231391

... And stop those non-CG related advertisments NOW !!! Please don't start telling me to use an add-blocker. This has never been necessary with old Rendo.

Apparently, no one in "management" at 'Rosity haven't figured out that ad-blocker defeats the purpose of having ads. We block the ads, 'Rosity doesn't get paid.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2015 at 5:19 AM · edited Thu, 01 October 2015 at 5:20 AM

Here's part of the new 'welcome' page - very confusing. If i came across this by chance, how would I know what sort of site this was? Would I stop and investigate? Probably not. Too much clutter.Picture.png

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2015 at 11:40 AM

What we need is a large banner saying "Welcome digital artists" so that people know what the site is for ...

3dstories ( ) posted Sun, 04 October 2015 at 11:29 AM · edited Sun, 04 October 2015 at 11:31 AM

I agree, Sunbeam.

But it's Sunday, just before noon Rendo time and I'm reading 2874 artists online (First Page, Home). I can't make out how many visitors to the site are showing on your page grab, but based on the number I just saw it llooks like visitors to site are stable or possibly even better than before.

So I think the Lead page is probably going to stay the way it is.

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2015 at 7:25 PM

I believe so have just discovered something. The site is now, for some strange reason, configured to work just fine....with tablets. But here's the thing that Renderosity Adkins or programmers don't understand: a very large part of Renderosity marketing does not aim at tablet users at all... But PC and Mac users. Poser, and even programs such as Photoshop won't run on tablets.

Eddy

maneki_neko ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2015 at 6:56 AM

+1 with original poster. don't ask for details, everything sux.

1. kill all ads

2. annihilate all "picked for you"/"sponsored stuff"/"what's cool now" and similar crappy frames since we're all big enough to make our own choices.

and then we'll talk. maybe.

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...

maneki_neko ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2015 at 7:01 AM

Inspired_Art posted at 1:58PM Thu, 08 October 2015 - #4232789

I believe so have just discovered something. The site is now, for some strange reason, configured to work just fine....with tablets. But here's the thing that Renderosity Adkins or programmers don't understand: a very large part of Renderosity marketing does not aim at tablet users at all... But PC and Mac users. Poser, and even programs such as Photoshop won't run on tablets.

just fine is probably relative too. as a momentaneous involontary tablet user (my netbook cable dumped me), i still have to fight with interface bits that make my screen jump to and fro.

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...

hopeandlove ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2015 at 9:58 AM

maneki_neko posted at 9:57AM Thu, 08 October 2015 - #4232827

1. kill all ads

2. annihilate all "picked for you"/"sponsored stuff"/"what's cool now" and similar crappy frames since we're all big enough to make our own choices.

These are good features to have because we want to show you the latest cool images and photos that we think you'll like. Most websites are doing something similiar. You may also do so on your own, but we're also showing you specific images we think you'll like. Thanks so much!

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2015 at 11:46 AM

hold on hope. you don't see the problem in your statement?

" we want to show you the latest cool images and photos that _**we think **_you'll like"

how about this. the users are telling you what THEY would like. how about listening? (no trite "yes we are listening but" replys and please if you reply, do not use the ! be an adult not a child. using ! all the time smacks of child)

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2015 at 11:47 AM

oh look. the formatting did'nt work, what a surprise.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2015 at 11:50 AM

hopeandlove posted at 6:46PM Thu, 08 October 2015 - #4232842

These are good features to have because we want to show you the latest cool images and photos that we think you'll like. Most websites are doing something similiar. You may also do so on your own, but we're also showing you specific images we think you'll like. Thanks so much!

You don't get it.. most of us don't give a SQUAT about what you think we might like. That's not why we come here.. And yes, we know Facebook and those sites do similar.. which is one of the reasons many of us DON'T use Facebook.. But you seem so intent on copying what other sites do that you have forgotten what made Rendo unique.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2015 at 11:53 AM

in one!

see, they see a feature on another site and then go "oh we need that" and copy it. round avatars? copied. the mentioned "this is cool stuff" copied.... not listen to the users, but trying to find a solution to leaving members by throwing "cool" stuff at the wall.

here's a thing. watch Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. not the US version, the original UK version... and you'll see exactly the same in every place he went to help.

HRHFT ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2015 at 7:25 PM · edited Thu, 08 October 2015 at 7:30 PM

Remember Coca-Cola. They had a product so successful that they just had to change it - The New Coke. The old site was great. The new site - The New Coke. Oh, and DreaminGirl has it right, let us think for ourselves. Hell, I don't even have a Spacebook account.

3dstories ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 11:38 AM · edited Mon, 12 October 2015 at 11:41 AM

hopeandlove posted at 11:20AM Mon, 12 October 2015 - #4232842

maneki_neko posted at 9:57AM Thu, 08 October 2015 - #4232827

1. kill all ads

"Sponsored Items" (by Rendo Vendors) and things like "Trending Now" don't bother me; in fact I kind of like them. But as an artist "picked for you" gets my dander up. I'm pretty sure that it's not somebody I know who's thoughtfully picking stuff out for me. That leaves an algorithm which in California fashion is trying to track what I do and make educated formulaic guesses. Ironically the more accurate the formulaic guesses the more creeped out I become. The concept is the antithesis of what an artist - a supposed architect of original works - is typically trying to accomplish.

More and more I feel that Renderosity is trying to follow the latest hot fad, deciding rather than listening. I would like feedback on how sales are doing since the change. It's been about two months. Has interest increased due to the new format? And if so has that interest translated into increased sales? Or at least stable sales? I would respect the changes more if I knew that they were making a difference. I would like to see vendors and fellow artists succeeding. Right now I still don't find it as much fun to browse as I used to and that results in less being put into a wish-list, which is a leading indicator of me likely to buy in the near future.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 16 October 2015 at 7:07 AM

Not keen on the moving horizontal slide shows.

GeofiX ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 5:42 PM

" I would like feedback on how sales are doing since the change. It's been about two months. Has interest increased due to the new format? And if so has that interest translated into increased sales?"

Have you noticed how many vendors have migrated to Daz and other sites?

That's a clear indication of how successful the last two Site "Down-Grades" have been so far. They screwed up the site last time - didn't learn by it - Now they REALLY screw the pooch and expect us to jump for joy... BYE!

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 20 October 2015 at 4:44 AM · edited Tue, 20 October 2015 at 4:44 AM

Has anything been improved, since this thread started? Still ads, still endless scrolling in the galleries.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Tue, 20 October 2015 at 9:35 AM

I would prefer the 'whats new' in the Galleries to have pages. This has been requested a few times by other members ...

roni190 ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2015 at 12:34 AM

To whomever had design input to the new site format....... you are Seriously out of touch with customers needs and wants. I've seen membership at 3 other galley/3d shop web site almost quadruple since your changes and almost all say the new layout had driven them away from here. Used to love this place, was my absolute favorite hangout but now I cannot stand to even try to navigate it. See you around rendo.... it was fun till you borked it all up.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Fri, 23 October 2015 at 1:57 PM

how to add artists to favorits? It's all cryptic.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sat, 24 October 2015 at 8:31 AM

Success ...

Posts starting 'success have the same effect upon me as injunctions to 'hav a nice day' or 'enjoy!'....... I don't need them. They waste space and time.

Yes, I know I'm beginning to sound like a grumpy old man. But with a touch of the 24 hour queasies this week and various irritations produced by Apple's El Capitan (which I will not be using), I'm afraid that it's a question of WYSIWYG: Grumpy. And old. And man.

I shall now go away and get a decent cup of tea and ruminate on the lunacies of this world until I find something else to twine about or simply fall asleep.

moriador ( ) posted Sat, 24 October 2015 at 1:33 PM

I go to the "For You" section in order to giggle at the suggestions.

After hundreds and hundreds of purchases, for some reason the algorithm has concluded that I want to buy models of insects by a vendor I've never heard of.

I'm reminded of Netflix -- which is also worthy of a good chuckle. But I think I have an idea of why Netflix's algorithm doesn't work sometimes. It seems based on a rather questionable categorization of themes. And while I was rating a bunch of movies I'd seen, I got an example of how they categorize things. I rated "Brokeback Mountain" 5 stars, because I loved the movie, and Netflix asked me, "You liked 'Brokeback Mountain'. How often do you watch Westerns?" WESTERNS? LOLOL. Okay.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

3dstories ( ) posted Thu, 29 October 2015 at 1:33 PM · edited Thu, 29 October 2015 at 1:38 PM

GeofiX posted at 1:17PM Thu, 29 October 2015 - #4234337

" I would like feedback on how sales are doing since the change. It's been about two months. Has interest increased due to the new format? And if so has that interest translated into increased sales?"

That's a clear indication of how successful the last two Site "Down-Grades" have been so far.

I'm sure that Daz's move to more proprietary software that less interacts with Poser has put Renderosity in the middle.

I know that there has always been crossover between artists and sites. I don't see any artists abandoning renderosity, though I do think I see those that are developing for Gen characters premier at Daz first when they used to do that at Rendo. If I go to the number of artists currently on line right at this moment I see the number 2727, which is not high, but not low either. I personally don't like this site's re-do and still feel that it is very dis-org-gan-.....i-Z-ed and... d-is-JoInT-ed (Insert advertisement here along with social media logo). But by the artists online numbers I have no way of gaging that what I am seeing is being seen by others. I'm just curious if I'm missing something in the way it is being used. Sales would tell that I think. Maybe the site is ahead of the curve now and I'm doing things the 'old' way? Generally Prices seem to be up and maybe (hopefully) artists and the site are making more money?

Razor42 ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2015 at 1:47 AM · edited Sat, 31 October 2015 at 1:53 AM

3dstories posted at 5:41PM Sat, 31 October 2015 - #4235822

GeofiX posted at 1:17PM Thu, 29 October 2015 - #4234337

That's a clear indication of how successful the last two Site "Down-Grades" have been so far.

I'm sure that Daz's move to more proprietary software that less interacts with Poser has put Renderosity in the middle.

I know that there has always been crossover between artists and sites. I don't see any artists abandoning renderosity, though I do think I see those that are developing for Gen characters premier at Daz first when they used to do that at Rendo. If I go to the number of artists currently on line right at this moment I see the number 2727, which is not high, but not low either. I personally don't like this site's re-do and still feel that it is very dis-org-gan-.....i-Z-ed and... d-is-JoInT-ed (Insert advertisement here along with social media logo). But by the artists online numbers I have no way of gaging that what I am seeing is being seen by others. I'm just curious if I'm missing something in the way it is being used. Sales would tell that I think. Maybe the site is ahead of the curve now and I'm doing things the 'old' way? Generally Prices seem to be up and maybe (hopefully) artists and the site are making more money?

The "Current Artist Online" is entirely fictional as far as I can tell (Or at least collated rather misleadingly), I asked questions ages ago about the accuracy of it and how the data was obtained and accumulated to come up with the number stated. Pointing out a major inconsistency of what was being displayed. You know what answers I got?

Data is only relevant when its from a trustworthy source and building hypothesis based on erroneous data will only lead to a false conclusion.

Let me dig up the thread for you. Here it is : https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2889758

As far as artist migration goes. My entire gallery was intentionally and laboriously deleted here due to the site changes with well over 100 images going back over a decade.

3dstories ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2015 at 2:08 AM · edited Sun, 01 November 2015 at 2:15 AM

@Razor42, I followed the link and read the thread. Very interesting, Thank you. Seems to indicate that about 10% are users that are logged in and 'online.' That's kind of a bummer as in the wee hours it was always nice to believe there were maybe a thousand others just like me.

The link to 'online' users in your April 2015 post returned an error. Is there still a way to see who is online, or did that change with site changes in August?

Razor42 ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2015 at 2:18 AM

I suspect it was removed due to the inconsistency between the two statistics, but it could be that I'm just skeptical these days. I suspect even 10% may be a little high, but you never know.

SeanE ( ) posted Mon, 02 November 2015 at 9:54 AM

Frankly I'm finding myself over at http://www.artstatiom.com as my second major artistic port of call (after deviantart.com...) rather than here now.

Mostly I just add to my galleries on Rendo' out of "historical sheer-bloody-minded habit" rather than expecting anything to come from the posting or image now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.