Mon, Jul 8, 6:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff, ashleyb, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 3:48 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Please consider having a what's new (no genesis filter)

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 23 October 2015 at 8:07 PM · edited Thu, 04 July 2024 at 10:22 PM

As technology has increased and there are many more options that suit one person's software and not another, then it becomes important to filter the massive amount of information. I used to enjoy browsing what's new, because everything there was relevant to my hobby. However genesis works too slowly for me in poser, to be useful, and I really only want to buy poser stuff/vue.
Please consider making such a filter so I can see what I am interested in really easily. Otherwise it is no fun browsing here anymore. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 23 October 2015 at 8:08 PM

On the plus side, I'm saving a lot of money.

PrestonW ( ) posted Fri, 23 October 2015 at 10:08 PM

Hi, As you know right now we do not have an option to sort on the What's New page however you can select a department from the What's New page and sort within each department.

Regards, Preston

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 23 October 2015 at 10:24 PM

but I'm interested ni everything except daztudio stuff so those sort of searches will take too long. acutally I didn't know you couldn't sort the what's new page. p erhaps consider making a what's new page without genesis page.

Biscuits ( ) posted Sat, 24 October 2015 at 5:34 AM

Good idea! Only the Poser stuff is relevant to me.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 24 October 2015 at 6:29 AM

It was fine in the old days when there wasn't such variety in the marketplace, and the filters for Michael 3 and victoria 3 were all we needed. But now the what's new is filled with all sorts of stuff that is not of general interest to everyone. The technology has changed and the market place viewing options need to be updated and move with the times. Otherwise it's just becoming too much work to look for content, and then I end up just searching for specific items and lose the fun in window shopping and browsing. love esther

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 24 October 2015 at 11:17 AM

All the Genesis 3 products are irrelevant to me. I use Poser mostly, and other software, but hardly ever launch Daz Studio. Therefore, I add my voice to the request to split up the marketplace into Only DS compatible and Only Poser compatible products, or tag them so that they can be filtered by algorithms. Thanks.

Eternal Hobbyist

Giana ( ) posted Sat, 24 October 2015 at 11:50 AM

t'would be quite useful...

[adds voice/vote/whatever]

lwperkins ( ) posted Sat, 24 October 2015 at 6:25 PM

I'd really like to have the Daz and Poser content separate now...I prefer Poser and I have decided to stick with Dawn and Poser-compatible stuff for the forseeable future--I can't get even G2 content to work in Poser with the DSON half the time.

ItWasNotAvailable ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2015 at 8:15 AM

I wanted to post something similar to this a few days back but a technical glitch prevented the post to go live. I was more for a thumbnail system that clearly shows you what software it is for (or in the guise of a small letter like the R, B etc underneath the thumbnails). I am a Poser user but I regularly convert DS only stuff for use within Poser by either creating the Poser companion files from within DS or by exporting the OBJ files. A surprising amount of stuff can be used this way and I wouldn't want to miss these. 😊

lwperkins ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2015 at 2:33 PM

I like the visual tagging idea a lot! That way it's quick to skim through products looking for the software you use the most.

Quarkster ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2015 at 7:28 PM

I understand why people would like advanced search/filtering options (and I wouldn't mind them), but I'd be against an out-and-out split of the content areas based on software. I have both DAZ and Poser Pro 2014, and although I use mostly DAZ 90% of the time, I've bought tons of stuff that's supposed to be for Poser only because most of it also works in DAZ with very little modification. I also agree that the visual tagging idea is a good one.

dml2000 ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2015 at 11:23 AM · edited Fri, 06 November 2015 at 11:27 AM

Biscuits posted at 9:19AM Fri, 06 November 2015 - #4235037

Good idea! Only the Poser stuff is relevant to me.

I agree.. with DAZ studio items overrunning Poser material, I would love a Poser only Option when browsing the site, and you still need to get your vendors to tag their thumbs that the item is DAZ Studio or G3 related. ,, Now while some vendors who create an actual props do state the items is for G3 or DAZ studio, some vendors who create supportive textures for clothing do not. It is only after you click on the thumb do you notice it is not Poser related.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/nariko-for-storm-queen/112332/ This is an example, the thumb says nothing about the texture support items being for G3.

Another reason to offer a Poser only Filter

PilotHigh ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2015 at 12:54 PM

I've been here for 15 years now but maybe not much longer! PLEASE, PLEASE filter out the Daz Studio stuff including DSON! I used to love coming here multiple times a day - forums, galleries, store. Now I come here to What's New and start getting upset because I can't find only Poser stuff. I don't come to the forums unless I need to vent now. The gallery setup used to be nice and neat and easy to navigate. At least then the thumb had what gallery it was from but not any more. I get so upset at this site that I am losing interest in Poser.

DocMatter ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2015 at 11:16 PM

I whole-heartedly agree with these sentiments. I don't use Genesis (don't like the look) and can't use G3 anyway since I mostly use Poser, so I'd love to be able to easily filter out all the G3 content that's flooding the Marketplace.

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2015 at 12:42 PM

ME TOO!! While I have begun getting used to this site, I only visit the What's New about twice a week now, but QUICKLY become so discouraged and log off, when 99% of the content in the store is for DS/genesis! I am a POSER ONLY USER and really tired of all the stuff for DS... it's almost like this marketplace is an extension of DAZ now... :(

I primarily check for backgrounds now... or jewelry/hair for V4 that I can convert to Dawn....

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

tparo ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2015 at 1:20 PM · edited Mon, 09 November 2015 at 1:21 PM

I agree there is a real need for more filters when shopping here, I would love to be able to filter out Poser items it so annoying and has been for years to click on something and eventually after reading the blurb realise that it doesn't mention DS at all so presumably doesn't work in DS, it would as others have stated save both time and frustration.

cadmar ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2015 at 2:11 PM

As a Poser user, I also feel a great need here for some sort of filter system to separate Poser items from the Studio items. As it is now, I don't come here often, because of the inconvenience of trying to find poser content. I do not need to be searching through all the genesis content, as I do not use it in Poser. Thank you.

Vue Infinite 11.5

World Machine 2.3

Geo Control 2.2

Poser Pro 2014

ZBrush 4R6

Paint Shop Pro X6

Blender 2.68a

AetherDream ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2015 at 8:15 PM

Yes, I agree. I primarily use Poser and have no use for G3 items that now dominate the marketplace. I really am not enjoying the new store organization. It is not overly intuitive and lacks some key functions such as being able to sort by program compatibility.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

Khory_D ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2015 at 12:21 PM

tparo posted at 1:19PM Wed, 11 November 2015 - #4237682

I agree there is a real need for more filters when shopping here, I would love to be able to filter out Poser items it so annoying and has been for years to click on something and eventually after reading the blurb realize that it doesn't mention DS at all so presumably doesn't work in DS, it would as others have stated save both time and frustration.

Agreed. I also suspect it would benefit content providers if we could only see the products we can use thus seeing more products that would interest us in less time. It isn't so bad looking at the new products but looking through older products can be a bit much.

www.Calida3d.com
Daz studio and Poser content creators

kobaltkween ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2015 at 5:19 PM

I think that it is a good idea in general to allow check box filtering everywhere in the MarketPlace by software and figure. I also think it's important to only include something in a software tag if a native version is included. In other words, no "Poser" versions that are simply presets linked to a DSON script. No DS user ever accepted Poser content that loaded in DS as a DS version, and for good reasons. DAZ made the materials translate incorrectly, so that vendors need to set them up by hand. For the same reason and problems with DSON, unlike DAZ, Renderosity should not sell DS versions with DSON scripts as Poser compatible.

Also, to clarify, I don't think this is solely a Poser/DS issue. I've had times where I was disappointed to find the product I wanted was Vue only.

I also think it would be nice to include OBJ or Universal or some such in the software choices. I know there are a few products that include an OBJ version, and also that several people use figures in 3DS Max, Blender, or other full-blown 3D apps. I bet there are people who would like to browse those products.

rodrigogzz ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2015 at 5:48 PM

Make this happen, not interested on products that only work on DS.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2015 at 10:29 AM · edited Fri, 13 November 2015 at 10:32 AM

I think it would be helpful to everybody at this point to categorize items by which software they work with. The rift between DAZ and Poser is only going to get worse. I realize that some items do work in both. Frankly I don't want to spend time looking at items that don't have DAZ support. You might need to split the Poser side between "Non-DSON" and "DSON". Having what shaders work with would help for both, Poser is soon going to use two rendering engines also from what I have been reading. Lights are an issue too. I would suggest you implement it on new items only, trying to rate the back catalog would be a bear of a project, so probably the New Items category would be the place to start.

I want to add that this problem is greater now because the site is so slow to navigate to start with, it isn't just the Poser/DAZ rift that is a problem.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 11:27 AM

+1 would like filter out options

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

rty ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2015 at 12:59 PM

Add my vote for a content filter.

Products without Poser compatibility are just noise for me, and given the ever-rising amount of them, the noise/signal ratio has become prohibitive. I don't want to have to search for the Poser needle in the haystack the store has become.

Now I understand that being a Poser-only user I'm about to become irrelevant to Renderosity, but they should remember that no matter the current trend, 90% of their store is (still) Poser products. If they want Poser users' wallets to stick around a little longer, they should make an effort to remain interesting for them.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 9:22 PM · edited Sun, 22 November 2015 at 9:26 PM

Whnat I would like to see is the ability to use multiple filters in the same category at once, like you can do on Daz studio.

So say I want to look at BOTH G2F and G2M products at the same time, or V4 and M4 products at the same time. Or let's say I want to look at props>>architecture and props>>>landscape at the same time, but no other category. Seriously, why don't we have this already? It would make browsing exponentially easier.

And yes, since Poser is also going to get a second render engine, we DESPERATELY need a filter by render engine. I only use Daz, but I don't use Iray. People who do not or won't buy the latest version of Poser will not be able to use the new render engine.

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2015 at 11:46 AM

multiple filtering is also highly desirable for everything mentioned above. in fact, some sort of massively improved filtering in general would be much appreciated:

figures filtering program filtering program version filtering category filtering sub-category filtering multiple filtering [within logical parametres] etc.

currently, trying to search through heaps of stuff is a thing of nightmares, where i've easily been able to spend 5 hours at a go just to find the right thing i need. i trashed my entire wishlist a few weeks ago, and have only purchased one item since with no plans to buy anything more from this site as it stands now.

and i feel the need to add that filtering is only as good as the tags a vendor has applied to the item, so if improved filtering occurs, please ensure your vendors are educated upon how the filters govern things and what categories are applicable to their upload[s]. i cannot tell you the number of times that i've tried searching through a specific category, for example let us just say 'Hair', and i end up running across 2D backgrounds or a sci-fi scene prop that has no hair related to it, or other odd items. and if it is something that is not a thing left in the merchant's hands, or solely left, better collaboration is needed betwixt the store, vendors AND the filtering abilities.

whatever the case, something needs to be done if the idea is for Rendo to remain a viable market place... if not, there are other stores that i'm sure who are perfectly willing to adopt your current customers, so we, the end users, will be absolutely fine either way... shrug

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2015 at 11:44 AM

Just bumping this up. Please do something about making a filter!!!!!!!!

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 12:21 PM

afraid this is a thread JUST for us Poser users to plead/rant....and nothing will ever be done.... I'm so tired of this store being a "DAZ partner" with it's DAZ heavy product lines.... oh well ... money saved?

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.