Wed, Sep 25, 12:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 11:25 pm)

Subject: In need of a Body

tiresta ( ) posted Sun, 13 December 2015 at 11:55 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 3:25 AM

I am in need of a body in the "Lily and Unicorn" pose in LEGEND. A woman bending/kneeling reaching out to touch something. I need a reaching tube. If anyone can help me please post here and I can give you more details via site mail. (Hopefully you know the movie LEGEND and know the pose I am talking about. It will make things a lot easier.) Now in the past I have been able to pay for peoples efforts in making me body bases, but my husband has been unemployed since October 1 and I really need this body base. Clothing is up to the artist. . . she can be wearing anything, but she should have LONG dark hair. At least shoulder length. Thank you

** I don't know if everyone reads all of these posts but I have this in the DAZ section too but with not much luck. So I put it here also. If it is considered cross-posting please forgive me. I just really need the help!**

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 14 December 2015 at 10:57 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by body.

Anyway, I'm thinking you mean this pose?legend_01.jpg

Morkonan ( ) posted Mon, 14 December 2015 at 11:14 PM

DAZ studio is free and you can get free figures, clothing, poses, etc with it and can easily create your own pose by simply moving the limbs of the 3D character. Clothing will automagically conform with the movement. Rendering is fairly easy, too.

IOW - You can get all that you want for free and can easily create just about whatever you want. (ShareCG as well as Renderosity's freebie section are great places for free items for Daz Studio and Poser. Many Poser items can be used within Daz Studio, too.)

Actually creating a new figure for this task is not necessary and, indeed, would be a terrible waste of time for anyone. Any of the free figures would do, it seems, and licensing issues are not a concern for 2D created products.

See daz3d.com and the free Daz Studio product. Also, check their Freebie section for a nice free figure/character for DS. There are free items at ShareCG that could serve you well, too, like free clothing and the like.

tiresta ( ) posted Tue, 15 December 2015 at 12:18 AM

I have been there done that and really don't have the comprehension to get it all to run. I think I made one thing in POSER . . . it realy wasn't that easy. And when I got to the "closet" to put clothes and hair on the person I just gave up and went into paintshop and put a tubed dress and hair on her and called it a tube. THAT is why I am asking!

Morkonan ( ) posted Tue, 15 December 2015 at 2:31 PM · edited Tue, 15 December 2015 at 2:37 PM

tiresta posted at 2:27PM Tue, 15 December 2015 - #4244267

I have been there done that and really don't have the comprehension to get it all to run. I think I made one thing in POSER . . . it realy wasn't that easy. And when I got to the "closet" to put clothes and hair on the person I just gave up and went into paintshop and put a tubed dress and hair on her and called it a tube. THAT is why I am asking!

Can you tell us exactly what it is for or how it will be used?

I don't "know tubes." IIRC, they're something like a 2D overlay thingie/whatsits/transmapped image thing... stuffs. :) Paintshop specific, IIRC? I don't have Paintshop.

Is it just a 2D render of a female figure that you need, just like the kneeling pose in the pic? Forgive me, but I just don't know "tubes" so I might not understand the specifics of what you need.

(Will try a simple render of a V4 figure and V4's "Morphing Fantasy Dress" which is close the one the character in the pic, above, is wearing. Mia Sarah I think?)

Morkonan ( ) posted Tue, 15 December 2015 at 4:00 PM · edited Tue, 15 December 2015 at 4:04 PM

Here are some quick&dirty renders, if they can be of use. Figure is V4, hair is HR-137 by Ali, clothing is Morphing Fantasy Dress, V4 texture is London by Danae, One dress texture is called "Eowyn6" by someone at ShareCG, (They didn't include any credits/info/useage text), custom face/body morph (mine, but an old one) hair texture is mine, without any decent shaders, all other textures on dress are just some white filler cloth texts, shoes are V4's Morphing Clothes "Slippers", HDRI varies.. I don't know what you really need, though. (ie: Lighting, texture requirements, etc)

http://i.imgur.com/pVZ05D6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ISorGvx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3QTqfk7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DEpjLwK.jpg

(There's no "nothing" on these renders. No postwork, tweaking, morphing, cleanup, nada.. :) All elements are commonly available to many Poser users. V4/MFD/Free textures/London=purchase (but great set, widely used), Ali's hair is purchased, fairly popular, etc.)

PS - Oops, just saw the reference pic and only one arm is raised in renders. Sorry. Also, the kneeling pose isn't quite right. If this is the sort of thing you want, I can redo, no problem.

tiresta ( ) posted Tue, 15 December 2015 at 7:16 PM

That pose would work. . .the dress is a little flashy. . . but I could take this one. Any way of getting it in a PNG?

tiresta ( ) posted Tue, 15 December 2015 at 7:20 PM

quietrob posted at 6:19PM Tue, 15 December 2015 - #4244243

I'm not sure what you mean by body.

Anyway, I'm thinking you mean this pose?legend_01.jpg

Yes that is LEGEND and that Is "Lily"

Morkonan ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2015 at 12:58 PM · edited Thu, 17 December 2015 at 1:00 PM

tiresta posted at 12:51PM Thu, 17 December 2015 - #4244432

That pose would work. . .the dress is a little flashy. . . but I could take this one. Any way of getting it in a PNG?

If something like that would work for you, just tell me what you'd really like and I'll try to crank it out. What sort of quality are you looking for? You can PM or post here. Though, if you post here, you're more likely to get a "quality renderer person" to do something better than I normally produce, where renders are concerned. :) There are plenty of people that love rendering and if everyone knew exactly what you wanted and what your requirements were, you'd probably get several submmissions.

(I'm more of a 3D modeler and fiddler with Poser's bits than someone that renders a great deal using Poser. But, I am familiar with all the principles.)

Redoing the pose is a non-issue and extremely easy - That's what Poser is designed to do. The dress is just something I cobbled together from various sources so I could produce some test-shots in a quick fashion. If you need or want something specific, just say what it is and you'll have a better chance of actually getting what you really want, either from me or from someone else who responds.

Oh, by the way - You could take a look at the "Galleries" section for some pretty good render artists and, perhaps, send an inquiry/PM directly to them. They are much more likely to have exactly the sort of thing you need and would probably produce good quality work in their render.

PS - The monitor I am currently using has calibration issues. I've tried to correct them as best I can, but I need to use a ColorMonkey to get my monitor back in calibration and I don't have one at the moment. So, I can not tell at all if the color palette for renders for use outside of my system is correct or not. Sorry about that. I won't be able to calibrate it until after the holidays.

tiresta ( ) posted Fri, 22 January 2016 at 9:57 PM

Ok . . . It looks as though I need help on this again. I don't know what happened to the person between Christmas and now but I need to get this done for my daughter now soon. All the info you need is in the above posts. If anyone can just whip me up a quick render of a girl in that particular pose it would be greatly appreciated. I just want a tube or 2. No fancy lighting, nothing special. . . just a nice render of a girl in a gown reaching out to touch something (only reaching out as mine is reaching out to a wolf! and NOT a unicorn.) For someone experienced in POSER it should be fairly simple.

seeker ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2016 at 9:38 AM

How about this one? Lily.png

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2016 at 11:03 AM · edited Sun, 24 January 2016 at 11:06 AM

That render looks great! Though I think maybe the OP wants the reaching arm to be a bit lower -- unless she's reaching out to a very big wolf. Otherwise, I think it's awesome. Dynamic cloth is definitely a plus here!

Anyway, I think this is a great idea for a thread: Render Requests.

We get so many requests for models that would take months, if not longer, to create. But renders can be done sometimes in less than an hour. And very specific requests like this one are challenging, but fun, too. I'd certainly be willing to take on projects like this, when I can't think of what to render (which is frequently the case). I used to post "stock" renders on DeviantArt, and it was great to see what the photo manipulating artists would make of them. :)

PS To the OP, there are a lot of "stock" 2D assets on DeviantArt that are free to use (the artist's restrictions are usually posted with the image or on their main page). Some such images are photographs of human models; others are renders; and some may even be drawings or paintings. Lots of great stuff there.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

seeker ( ) posted Mon, 25 January 2016 at 9:03 AM

moriador posted at 8:47AM Mon, 25 January 2016 - #4251010

That render looks great! Though I think maybe the OP wants the reaching arm to be a bit lower -- unless she's reaching out to a very big wolf. Otherwise, I think it's awesome. Dynamic cloth is definitely a plus here!

Thanks :) I made one with the arm lower, I missed the whole wolf thing.

We get so many requests for models that would take months, if not longer, to create. But renders can be done sometimes in less than an hour. And very specific requests like this one are challenging, but fun, too. I'd certainly be willing to take on projects like this, when I can't think of what to render (which is frequently the case). I used to post "stock" renders on DeviantArt, and it was great to see what the photo manipulating artists would make of them. :)

That's a very good idea! Perhaps one of us should start a thread offering this kind of help. I'd love to help out if I can :)Lily2.png

tiresta ( ) posted Sat, 06 February 2016 at 10:37 PM

I LOVVE them BOTH! Can I save them the way they are or can you send me a PNG??

tiresta ( ) posted Sat, 06 February 2016 at 10:41 PM

moriador posted at 9:39PM Sat, 06 February 2016 - #4251010

** PS To the OP, there are a lot of "stock" 2D assets on DeviantArt that are free to use (the artist's restrictions are usually posted with the image or on their main page). Some such images are photographs of human models; others are renders; and some may even be drawings or paintings. Lots of great stuff there.

Thanks. . . this one was a bit too specific and I didn't think to look there. Thanks for the info. And I do like the idea of a thread for this kind of stuff. Sometimes I need a little help since I don't do Poser or Daz myself.

seeker ( ) posted Sun, 07 February 2016 at 8:28 AM

I'm glad you like them :) They are already png with transparency so you can just save them. If they don't work I can send them to you by mail. Let me know if you need anything changed :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.