Fri, Sep 20, 1:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: WARNING DAZ STORE SITE SEEMS OUT OF ORDER !

khorne ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 11:19 AM · edited Thu, 22 August 2024 at 2:18 PM

I tried to download a product i just bought and found a deadLink but i was charged the price needed ! Even in the recept email, there were no link to download ! So do not buy products today ! Has anyone experienced the same problems ?

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 11:24 AM

lol, they are out of order every weekend, same thing happens. You will have to wait til tomorrow and they will send you a link for it. Marque

cinnamon ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 11:27 AM

early this morning i purchased the lava bar. after payment i received a runtime error and something about the script. so i pushed the "back" button on my browser and it said "you have already purchased this item" and asked me not to refresh the page. but since i had already pushed it, i came to another screen and it was the checkout screen and now i had two lava bars in the basket. i couldnt figure out how to get my link but when i went to my email there was an alternate link to download the file after the five minute time limit and it worked fine.

khorne ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 11:31 AM

EVERY WEEK-END ! What the hell are they doing with their system ! GOSH ! From now on, i will only buy stuff during the week ! But this kind of disagreement is Very irritating !

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 11:42 AM

I usually don't order on the weekend unless I'm not in a hurry to get it....we all know how impatient I am. Just a glitch of some kind, email them because sometimes they check it and will get right back to you. They always take care of any problem that pops up, and they will take care of this as soon as you let them know there is a problem. I don't know that it is entirely their fault, they may be using another server for the store. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 11:44 AM

The only reason I say every weekend is because every weekend someone complains about the same problem. Marque

whoopdat ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 11:46 AM

I've purchased on the weekend before and have not yet had a problem. I'm still trying to figure out what's going wrong that everyone is complaining about (I have seen the "weekend problem" trend as well).

khorne ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 11:51 AM

ok, i emailed them and i guess i will get my adventurers on my desktop by tomorrow (the wait will be short(i am french! it is 19:00 here)) Yep, fantasy-tolkien style pictures will have to wait ;-)

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 11:54 AM

Since I started ordering from Daz I have had very few problems, and they were resolved quickly. One of the few e-stores that I really trust. The Poser related sites seem to all do well, but I am getting nervous about using my card with vendors on the net that I have not ordered from before. Marque

khorne ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 11:57 AM

ok, i will trust them ! Thanks for the answers !

mi-scha ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 12:17 PM

He he... Well, lets look into my little book. I made 12 purchases on a weekend. 4 times I had problems. See, not every weekend is bad. Only one of three. ;) It was all taken care of by DAZ, but I tend to buy only on working days.

Daffy34 ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 12:29 PM

DAZ is excellent at solving any problems you may have. I have only had problems when the traffic at the store was very high. They will fix you up...they are great about that. Laurie

thgeisel ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 1:19 PM

bought the adventureres this morning,no probs( maybe I got the last one and they are out of stock):The robe is great! Also for seperate use!

pendarian ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 3:12 PM

I purchased some things last night late and no problems either. Daz is very trustworthy, they'll take care of you asap khorne :) Pendy

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 3:46 PM

Gotta put another quarter in the slot! (and don't use those 'wooden Poser nickles' at all ;-)

leather-guy ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 3:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/pages/dp/contact/contactmain.html

I've bought at DAZ 8 times. 7 times I've had download problems. 100% of the time, they've resolved the problem imediately on Monday to my complete & utter satisfaction (aside from the frustration of the delay). I've put off buying twice due to obvious problems at the site. Now I try & purch Thurs nite for my weekend "toys" so any probs can be fixed Friday. I've talked to their tech folk, & they're considering having a tech on duty on Saturdays - PLEASE, Please, please EVERYBODY who's had this kind of problem - TELL THEM, & suggest that very thing - if they get enough feedback, They'll likely do it! They really want to keep customers happy. All it would take is to focus their attention on the problem. That will take Feedback! (See link above)

egaeus ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 5:18 PM

Bought from DAZ today -- no problem. Mike

martial ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 6:22 PM

I bought adventurer pack this afternoon :no problem with my old modem

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 8:46 PM

have bought from them ... well a whole lot of times and have only had two problems. One was my fault and it was cleared up right away and one was a system glitch and that was cleared up as well. I don't normally order on the weekends anyway since my work has a much faster line than my 56K modem but I normally run perfectly.

nitreug ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 11:58 PM

I am like MARQUE and i am very impulsive to buy on Friday night BUT no more. Too much templates are missing, too much errors on their files and at the end too Much files that I have to remember to link together because another file is needed to update another file already downloaded. Wait a week or so. The quality is not there...The market is there for sure.

annemarie ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2001 at 5:05 PM

Thank you very much for your comments. We apologize for the problems that some of our customers have occasionally experienced with our store software and empathize with your frustrations. Even though the successful transactions far outweigh the incomplete ones it is a very challenging situation for us. We have tried to work within the current store software program for several years now and are very frustrated with its performance and lack of support by its developer and vendor. Last month we began development on a new software application that will eliminate the download problems and we should have it finished fairly soon. This will be a big addition to our store and will make things much easier for everyone concerned. In the meantime, we will still strive to offer the best support possible to see that people get their downloads and that we resolve any other problems they may experience. Once again, we want to mention that the majority of purchases made on the store are made without any problems whatsoever. Thanks again for the input. We feel that customer feedback is key in helping us continually to become a better company. We have listened to you and in response have decided to rebuild our store with a more reliable merchant system to help eliminate random problems occurring. We have read your feedback and tried to incorporate every feature we could to make your DAZ shopping experience pleasant. Until the reprogrammed store is available we will continue to support all our customers. AnneMarie White DAZ Productions www.daz3d.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.