Sun, Oct 6, 8:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Daz and Runtime Merging ? !!!!

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2016 at 8:26 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:34 AM

. I just received an e-mail from RuntimeDNA stating that they are merging with DAZ 3D.

Is that announcement for real? .

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2016 at 8:31 PM · edited Tue, 23 February 2016 at 8:32 PM

Yes, I think it is true.

Hey, Smith Micro, look at Renderosity for your official forums !!! 😄

adh3d website

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2016 at 8:40 PM · edited Tue, 23 February 2016 at 8:49 PM

Just my opinion, but I fear that DAZ will do the same thing for Runtime as they did for Eovia -- namely, virtual destruction.

Oh, Syyd, how could you? Please tell me this isn't true!

If it were the other way around -- Runtime taking over DAZ -- I would be quite happy. But that does not appear to be the case

Biting my tongue and refraining from making comments regarding Utah.

Thank God for Rendo & Hivewire!

Oh god.jpg

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2016 at 8:49 PM · edited Tue, 23 February 2016 at 8:50 PM

Those are about my feelings, too. I hate to see competition reduced in any field, and RDNA is a unique place, which is now apparently going to go the way of Poser Pros... 😒

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2016 at 8:53 PM

There are some great vendors over at RDNA, hope they come here. DAZ is a no go.

Faerydae ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2016 at 8:59 PM

Yes, it's true. Official posts at both sites.

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2016 at 9:00 PM

I agree, WandW and GeneralNutt.

I hope the vendors move here, because (just my opinion again) we all can pretty much guess that someone was sold a bill of goods and what DAZ' real intent is.

Runtime has so many Poser-centric python scripts and special products like TerraDome that this comes-off as unthinkable.

toastie ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2016 at 9:06 PM

The Official Poser Forums need a new home. They can hardly stay where they are.

It would have been nice to at least get warning that the Deep Freeze section would be gone so I could buy everything!

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2016 at 9:14 PM · edited Tue, 23 February 2016 at 9:18 PM

Yes, I just went to my "wish list" at Runtime to buy up those discounted items and everything is at a $5 minimum now.

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2016 at 9:37 PM

There is a lot intense opinion involvement ... please ... let let this go and return to helping our members. There is little we can do to avoid conflict if we continue.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2016 at 10:34 PM

Sadly, for some reason I can't log into Hivewire to buy anything or to post. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2016 at 11:18 PM

EClark1894 posted at 11:18PM Tue, 23 February 2016 - #4257017

Sadly, for some reason I can't log into Hivewire to buy anything or to post. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

That's weird. Let me see what we can do to help.

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 12:40 AM · edited Wed, 24 February 2016 at 12:42 AM

Boni posted at 10:38PM Tue, 23 February 2016 - #4257010

There is a lot intense opinion involvement ... please ... let let this go and return to helping our members. There is little we can do to avoid conflict if we continue.

A major Poser content marketplace is closing down, and we're not even allowed to talk about it?

Official Poser forums need to be completely divorced from the brokerages (and probably run by Smith Micro), else we risk being unable to discuss topics of utmost interest to us, as Poser users, as is clear, in this very thread.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 12:48 AM

My only concern is, that it might cost diversity. It would be dissapointing to see the same content on RDNA, that you see at DAZ-3d. And competition is important. SM and DAZ-3d should be equal, that's what users benefit from.

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 2:01 AM

The impression I got from Runtime's e-mail was that their site was eventually going down and their products would be moving over to DAZ' site.

Personally, I can't buy into all this as being a good thing for the Poser community -- but I would simply love to be proven wrong about that. .

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 3:55 AM · edited Wed, 24 February 2016 at 4:07 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Tooth And Nail

I'm a CGI Artist nothing is going to change that. I don't care who owns what site. Don't make a damn to me. but I'm sure we will have multiple threads on this site about other sites. Just don't go crazy with none factual rumors n speculations. I'd be all fore DAZ merging with Renderosity ,there eBots work ;)

and who wants to bet this thread gets locked before we see page 3 ?

All I got from what all I read nothing was changing other then Runtimes using DAZ's Bank for $$$ transactions. All Stores has to go threw a bank for Credit Cards n all and the banks get a % of all sells.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 4:13 AM · edited Wed, 24 February 2016 at 4:15 AM

If DAZ didn't bail Runtime out .Runtime would have closed there doors anyways.

Cost a lot to run these stores.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 4:40 AM

If you merge two shops, you won't get a bigger shop. No, you'll loose one shop.

Razor42 ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 5:04 AM

-Timberwolf- posted at 10:03PM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4257055

Lol, I have read that 3 times now at 3 different forums.

3DFineries ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 5:04 AM

moriador posted at 5:02AM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4257022

Boni posted at 10:38PM Tue, 23 February 2016 - #4257010

A major Poser content marketplace is closing down, and we're not even allowed to talk about it?

Official Poser forums need to be completely divorced from the brokerages (and probably run by Smith Micro), else we risk being unable to discuss topics of utmost interest to us, as Poser users, as is clear, in this very thread.

I don't think that's what she means. Boni just doesn't want to see bashing & would rather we help our own community. So as long as it's kept civil, we can discuss this as it is a big impact on the community as a whole.

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 5:20 AM

Well, I think it will be a good thing for Syyd and Colm, nobody wants to see their site and hard work disappear, I am sure they thought long and hard about this. I remember when they left here and started their own site. It was a transition for them at that time and they are just going through another one. They are good people and have always thought about their members, so know this, they made this decision with much input. A lot of their vendors are already at Daz.

I have always appreciated all sites in regards to Poser and Daz, and I purchase from all sites. If a site has a product I want, then I purchase it, whether it is from here, RDNA, Daz or where ever they have the product I want.

Moving forward people, moving forward.

Sharen

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 5:35 AM

Razor42 posted at 12:34PM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4257058

lol maybe because I posted it 3 times at 3 different forums ;)

cspear ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 6:17 AM

OK. Now's the perfect time for the goons that design and code - I mean "design" and "code" - Renderosity to get their act together or get sacked. This is my first visit here in weeks and I note that it's still a horrible shambles.

Get it sorted.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 6:29 AM · edited Wed, 24 February 2016 at 6:30 AM

I'm curious if this signals a shift wholescale of RDNA artists producing work exclusively for the Daz Studio platform. It's not as if Daz appears to have a strong Poser content agenda. Some of my favorite Poser content creators are brokers at Daz and I've never had anything but good experiences with the store and its wares... There is an obvious shift going on though. Luckily, I'm not a big content purchaser anymore. Still, in all, it is a little troublesome to see DNA's stable of artists heading down this path, regardless of pragmatic reasoning.

What's to become of all of those great threads housed at the RDNA archives? Poof.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

SeanMartin ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 6:38 AM

Proof yet again that folks wants surface over substance. "Ooo, look! Yet another cookie-cutter, 20-something female mesh! Must buy because it's only the 48th one this month, and this time she's really different! We mean it this time!"

That right there says plenty about the priorities around this part of the Internet... but hey, if that's what folks want...

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 6:47 AM

galaxiefilm posted at 7:45AM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4257005

Yes, I just went to my "wish list" at Runtime to buy up those discounted items and everything is at a $5 minimum now.

I had a $5 item sitting in my cart, and it's now $19.99. 😬

As EC notes, their Forum archives are likely in jeopardy...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 6:48 AM

"Moving forward people, moving forward."

At the cost of what losses? Progress is great as long as it's mindful of the casualties. The business end of all of this is lucky to have its community to clean up the messes it leaves behind in its wake. Gratis. I see a shift from a knowlegable, innovative, DIY user base and a large archive of expertise being slowly replaced by "this way or the highway" and poor documentation.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 7:03 AM

Razor42 posted at 7:55AM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4257058

Most likely because there's truth in it. I'm not quitting RDNA or anything, and according to the posts all my purchases there will migrate over to DAZ to join my purchases there. That's fine with me... so far. All I really want at this point is access to what I've aready bought. It's the main reason I still maintain an account with DAZ in the first place even though I haven't bought much from them in a while. But it does seem that RDNA will be shutting down eventually, including the forums and galleries eventually. It makes no sense for DAZ to maintain several storefronts, and it's happened before, when DAZ acquired Poser Pros. So yeah, I expect a repeat performance.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 7:21 AM

I'd say, given history, that SM more than likely will not be the final owners of Poser software. Extrapolate at your discretion. Ot?

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 7:38 AM · edited Wed, 24 February 2016 at 7:39 AM

EldritchCellar posted at 8:34AM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4257087

I'd say, given history, that SM more than likely will not be the final owners of Poser software. Extrapolate at your discretion. Ot?

Considering that SM is in serious danger of having its stock delisted from NASDAQ (for reasons having nothing to do with Poser), that's a reasonable prediction. In the Short Term they probably should do a reverse stock split, like CitiCorp did; perhaps 15:1. Back to RDNA...

PS; I got an ebot; perhaps there is hope for this place after all..

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 7:49 AM

aproctor posted at 8:47AM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4257020

EClark1894 posted at 11:18PM Tue, 23 February 2016 - #4257017

That's weird. Let me see what we can do to help.

Hey, thanks Alisa! Lisa sent me an email with a new password to use. I tried last night to create another one but kept getting told it was invalid. Still have to create a new account for the forum though.

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 7:55 AM

SAMS3D posted at 1:49PM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4257063

Well, I think it will be a good thing for Syyd and Colm, nobody wants to see their site and hard work disappear, I am sure they thought long and hard about this. I remember when they left here and started their own site. It was a transition for them at that time and they are just going through another one. They are good people and have always thought about their members, so know this, they made this decision with much input. A lot of their vendors are already at Daz.

I have always appreciated all sites in regards to Poser and Daz, and I purchase from all sites. If a site has a product I want, then I purchase it, whether it is from here, RDNA, Daz or where ever they have the product I want.

Moving forward people, moving forward.

Sharen

I understand what you are saying but there is a wider issue. Some of the products on sale at RDNA do not meet the rules of DAZ, by which I mean the slightly more adult products. The site really provided a middle ground between the likes of Daz, Rendeosity and the site with a similar name.

There is also the statement that the old Poser content will be moved to Daz, really, I wonder how long we will have to wait for the Dawn products to move across.

I am not looking for a war but clearly this does impact the community, in the long run that might be a good or bad thing but there can be no doubt there will be an impact.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 8:37 AM

I want to apologize for my earlier comment ... I was just hunkering down ... expecting the doo-doo to fly and I should have trusted you guys a little more. Yes, we need to discuss this. It does effect us all. Particularly in this forum.

Boni

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 8:47 AM

Ho hum ... This appears to be a straight business decision on the part of Syyd & co. To me the obvious portent was when syyd began making products for the genesis 2 females.

Understand this, figure content makers support FIGURES mores so than actual programs.

So any concerns about less support for poser, going forward, are well founded as This actually translates into moving away from the aged V4 and acknowledging the objective ,non-tribalist reality that pauline has not found "traction" ( to put it charitably) and paul was effectively DOA.

My website

YouTube Channel

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:02 AM

I'm a loyalist. I refuse to give up on Poser ... but I respect others' views.

Boni

3DFineries ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:05 AM

Boni posted at 9:04AM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4257103

I want to apologize for my earlier comment ... I was just hunkering down ... expecting the doo-doo to fly and I should have trusted you guys a little more. Yes, we need to discuss this. It does effect us all. Particularly in this forum.

Hugs. Yeah, I was expecting doo-doo too but I'm pleasantly surprised for the most part. 😃

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:10 AM

Not everybody needs other peoples art and models to use Poser wolf. As you are fond of saying "it's just part of a pipeline". I seriously wonder how many Poser/DS artists would be "artists" if not for pre made assets. But OT, and an uncomfortable truth for rose colored glasses. Also the source of 99.9% of the problems afflicting this art community.

toastie ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:14 AM · edited Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:16 AM

My main concern over this is what will happen with all the extremely useful Poser tutorials, forums and scripts that are hosted there. Obviously these things will not be going to Daz - SM have already said they will be moving the forums, but not where they are going. And as external links aren't allowed here it's going to get difficult to track down a lot of useful stuff!

I'd also like to know what is happening about various vendors - some of whom I know moved there in the past after leaving Daz for various reasons. And I will be very sorry to see the Deep Freeze items go. So far as I know Daz doesn't keep items for older figures any more.

The comments I've seen on the Daz forums are excitement that 3rd party figures will be available for Genesis - presuming that's the direction the vendors want to go I guess - and that older items will be available in the PC club (except you have to pay for that don't you? The Deep Freeze stuff was just heavily discounted with no subscription payments to access it). Other than this I really can't see what's in this move for DazStudio users..... if they wanted the RDNA content couldn't they just buy it there? But anyway.

I don't see this as an exciting move for Poser users. Daz have said they are keeping the Poser content, but given their past record with Poser I don't see this lasting. There is also the problem of content for 3rd party figures (Dawn etc.) and whether all vendors want to sell at Daz. I don't see the older stuff lasting very long or being moved to anywhere else, I think it will just disappear.

It would be great if SM would take this opportunity to revamp Content Paradise and put back the forums, but I don't think they're too interested. It's a shame. Unlike apparently everyone else, I find CP easy to navigate and way easier to find items for a specific figure than just about any other site - including here where I've just about given up buying because the MP is such a mess. It's just the promos at CP are so feeble it's very hard to see what you are getting.

(Just to add - I mostly use Blender and Vue these days, but I do find Poser useful for a lot of things. I'm not going to stop using it anytime soon.)

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:16 AM

I agree, something should be done with Content Paradise. I too like the place.

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:20 AM

Boni posted at 10:19AM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4257103

❤

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:28 AM

♥ and 💔 Pretty well says it for me.

Boni

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:30 AM · edited Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:35 AM

toastie posted at 10:22AM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4257112

My main concern over this is what will happen with all the extremely useful Poser tutorials, forums and scripts that are hosted there. Obviously these things will not be going to Daz - SM have already said they will be moving the forums, but not where they are going. And as external links aren't allowed here it's going to get difficult to track down a lot of useful stuff!

Indeed!! Traveler said over at RDNA that "The forums and Gallery will remain open. Please continue as you are. ", but I'm not sure what exactly that means in the long-term. Poser Pros' Forum stayed independent for a time, too...

Also a couple of folks have commented there that they are banned at DAZ, so that is an issue for them as well...

-renapd- ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:32 AM · edited Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:36 AM
Site Admin

Despite the fact I'm a vendor, I also stand 100% by Poser.

I'm not blind or a fool, I know that the new user, the young kid who starts out now with 3D.. will choose the free software, the latest figure, the big company content!

BUT.. to the people of a certain age, the ones who FOUNDED and created THIS great site... that's irrelevant! We have invested a full DECADE on V4 and Poser techniques. Regardless how many buy-outs happen... I am not willing to start again, and again, and AGAIN from scratch.. with another new figure. Most of us have family and heavy financial obligations.. not just hobby budgets!

So I guess it's a clear choice the one those of us made to stay 100% with Poser and eventually fade away all together into the sunset, vendors and users! I belong to that crazy, dedicated lot myself too! :)

I still recall vividly what happened to Poserpros. I lost access to a long list of purchases there once it was closed. So, I feel happy for Sydd and the RDNA Team and wish them all happy investing with what they got, but I feel sorry for the site as I know it will follow the same fate as the previous buy-outs.

For Poser users like myself it's quite simple.. we just sit back and wait to see how all this is played-out! :)

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

drifterlee ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:36 AM

I am very sorry to see this happen. Will RDNA's products still be Poser compatible?

toastie ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:38 AM

WandW posted at 9:36AM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4257118

toastie posted at 10:22AM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4257112

Indeed!! Traveler said over at RDNA that "The forums and Gallery will remain open. Please continue as you are. ", but I'm not sure what exactly that means in the long-term. Poser Pros' Forum stayed independent for a time, too...

Also a couple of folks have commented there that they are banned at DAZ, so that is an issue for them as well...

Yeah. I have a feeling I got banned from the Daz forums way back as well (I pulled up something from an old forum archive they were trying to deny. Bad Toastie :D ). I haven't been there so long I can't remember!

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:42 AM · edited Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:46 AM

"Not everybody needs other peoples art and models to use Poser wolf. As you are fond of saying "it's just part of a pipeline"

Agreed but the objective reality is that the prevailing or at least publicly vocal, majority of people who use poser as thier primary "creative tool" do use figure models made by others. Just look at the gushing praise being heaped upon the creator of the figure in the "project E" thread . while he deserves getting credit for his humanoid modeling skills it is the fact that he is making a figure for poser that has the masses excited by the prospect of that ellusive "great white hope" that will save them/poser

Indeed I get it... you are a "Create my own content" mentality type and I respect that. However you exist in an online community of user who's presumed creative objectives are completely defined by what can be done within ONE single,regressive,lumbering monstrosity of a program called "poser"

"I seriously wonder how many Poser/DS artists would be "artists" if not for pre made assets."

Depends on one's definition of "artist" I largely despise the term and refer to myself as Visual communications producer/storyteller who uses whatever tools required to achieve those objectives, undisturbed by any feral,primitive, tribalist loyalties to the corporate entities that sell such tools in the commercial marketplace.

My website

YouTube Channel

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 9:55 AM

Rena, I'm with you there. I remember back when you were making Greek Gods with Poser 4 figures!!! Still have your Xena and Gabby figures! We all need to let folks know Poser is alive, well and has a lot of support!

Boni

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 10:19 AM

"I am not willing to start again, and again, and AGAIN from scratch.. with another new figure. Most of us have family and heavy financial obligations.. not just hobby budgets!"

It is reasonable to not want to keep reinvesting money in a hobby where the content is not tangible and repeats itself over with each new figure release.

However as a vendor it is sound financial logic to adapt to changing markets. other industries have done so and those vendors who ignore market trends do so at their own peril (see microsoft's smartphone market share)

My website

YouTube Channel

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 10:35 AM

Boni posted at 4:30PM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4257103

I can well understand your fears, certainly based on past history.

I am glad you let it run though as it is going to have a big impact. One problem I do see is deciding what is bashing and what is a statement of unpleasant fact but I do hope we can steer around that as it is very important to see where this goes.

I, like some others, have invested too much in Poser to try and start all over again. I have gained a lot over the last ten years and although V4 is no longer my go to figure I am not about to dump Poser, which makes this move all the more important. What will happen to the support, limited I accept, to the figures that do not originate from Daz?

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

prixat ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 10:51 AM

It's too much of a coincidence that e-bots seemed to have started working again. Obviously Renderosity engineered the whole thing to get Poser users back here! lol

regards
prixat

toastie ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 10:52 AM · edited Wed, 24 February 2016 at 10:54 AM

Um. I just went over to RDNA and the site is..... not what it was earlier! O_O

I had a vague idea about downloading all my purchases from there because I'm sure there is some stuff I've lost in various computer moves. But it would probably take a couple of days on my connection and I'm not sure how to find it now anyway!

Ah - I just discovered it's trying to force me into the mobile version for some reason. Which is blue. And looks nothing like RDNA.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.