Fri, Sep 20, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Problems with Vue 4 . . .

kruzr ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2001 at 11:34 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:33 AM

'Morning all . . . 8^) Vue 4 seems, so far, to be a somewhat rough program to get installed & working properly??? I purchased Vue 4 about two weeks ago & haven't, as of yet, been able to install or use it, without some bugs. 1st: I did the initial install, installed the 4.01 update, & attempted to use the program. After a short time I realized that I couldn't load a couple of the default "Plants". Went back to their site & found another upgrade, "4.02". Installed it & opened Vue 4, but the initial problem still occurred. Went back to their site, again, & found a "Vue 4 Veg Fix". Downloaded & installed it. Attempted to run Vue 4 again, but this time couldn't load over half of the default "Plants". Hmmmmmmm. OK, Tried deleting the plant folder from my hard drive & copying the whole folder from the installation CD. That didn't change anything! Someone from the forum e-mailed to me a particular plant file to try, that didn't work either. E-mailed Vue's tech support, didn't get any reply, ( as of yet ). 8^( So.....I figured that I would just un-install the whole works & start over fresh. This time I installed Vue 4, without installing any upgrades at all. WOW.....Now I can't even start Vue 4. I get an error immediately telling me that "it can't find the Vue .exe", so I can't even open Vue 4. Now I'm just experimenting, so I figure that I'll install the "4.02" upgrade by it's self. That brings me to the present, as of yesterday. So far, it seems that everything is functioning like it should, although I've only had limited time to use it. I don't know what new problems, or if any, I will find as I use this new version of Vue, but I must say that I can't remember encountering so many problems with a commercial piece of software in the past. Don't get me wrong please, I'm not knocking Vue 4, in fact my personal opinion of the images I've seen posted are more superior, to the competition's, at least that's how I feel. I just find it very strange, that a product that has been around for as long as Vue has, should have been beta tested well enough to have found these bugs??? Unless it's the, ( Backers pressure to release now ), type scenario. Hahahaha. ;^) Anyway, so far it seems to be working fine & I'll keep my fingers crossed in hopes that it continues to. I also have to give a lot of thanks to the different people on this forum that have posted questions, comments & answers for Vue 4, because I've found so much valuable information about Vue here, that I couldn't find in the manual or elsewhere being that I don't know of any other Vue 4 forums so far. Have a good one . . . Mark.

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2001 at 11:58 AM

Strangely enough, Mark, I had a similar problem in trying to use Vue 3, after installing Vue 4. Why would I still want to use Vue 3, you ask? I dunno...nostalgia? ;) I went through a couple of times installing, uninstalling and reinstalling, and then settled on having each version in separate folders, which is actually the only way, because if memory serves me, Vue 3 won't work once Vue 4 has been added "on top" of it, but still will if in a different folder. Maybe it's a .nfo or a .cfg file that gets overwritten during the install. shrug Your particular problem seems kind of unique, though and I would have NO idea how to explain it, but at least now it appears to be working, right? You can now load all your plants? As far as I know, e-on had some of the best Vue-ers around, beta testing Vue 4 prior to release. No, I wasn't one of them. :/ Maybe next time.... But, I do know that beta testing was "by invitation only", and yes, I do agree there are alot of bugs. Strangely enough, the various "bugs" only affect certain people, and not others. For example, on my system, vue will not recognize a Poser .BUM file, so I'm SOL on that, but for others, there is no problem. Some people had to rename their Poser.exe file to Poser.exe (same name!) to get the PZ3 import working. Some people can't render to disk, while others have no problems. shrug it probably would have been a good idea for them to have had more beta testers, but I couldn't say, since I have no idea just how many they were. I know that at least two of the regulars here were testers, and another guy who posts images here, and I've heard of a few others, but even though I don't know just how many were involved, I'm betting it was a relatively small group. With sooo many different possibilities for hardware/software configurations these days, not to mention OS versions, it would seem that there's no way to absolutely insure everyone will have the same experience.... I feel guilty when people talk about their extensive problems, such as hein having crashes all the time, and Sacred Rose having a real nightmare getting it to work with Poser, and not being able to even so much as access the 4.02 upgrade...and all that, because I honestly haven't had any major problems... Well, i had a plant problem at first, but that turned out to be McAffee Virus Scan trying to "protect" me from the Evil Long Grass and the Satanic Schefflera. ;) Anti-virus software seems to want to read Vue plant files as virii for some reason...sometimes, that is, at least on MY system, because I couldn't even so much as install either the Long Grass or the Schefflera without turning off McAffee. Since the actual installation, even, I still have to have background scanning turned off while using Vue, and all the Norton stuff conflicts with it too. I really don't think, though, that E-on is guilty of rush-releasing Vue 4, but maybe just a little guilty of not having had enough testers. they'll be spending alot of time coding new patches, though, so hopefully next time, they'll try to take more into account, although it must be a daunting task to try to consider everything.... Anyhow, glad it appears to be working for you now. :)

Varian ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2001 at 2:02 PM

Hi Mark, Mike responded here before you re-posted and deleted this one. So I've un-deleted this one and deleted the third post just to help keep things together. Mike's response here is such a good one, I didn't want to see it be disconnected from the post. Musical messages. :)

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2001 at 2:53 PM

Ahh...Mike just said what he thought he ought to say. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.