Sun, Oct 6, 12:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: **Create a Renderosity Magazine Ad** & **Win a copy of Reallusion iClone**

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2016 at 10:00 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 8:07 PM
Forum Moderator

Create a Renderosity Magazine Ad & Win a copy of Reallusion iClone

Please see this article for more details : http://renderositymagazine.com/create-a-renderosity-magazine-ad-and-win-a-copy-of-reallusion-iclone-cms-436

1. First Place: iClone 6 PRO + 3DXchange 6 Pipeline + Character Creator
  2. Second Place: CrazyTalk 8 - Standard version

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

Sockratease ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2016 at 4:08 PM

Ridiculously vague descriptions both here and from following the link! The ONLY guidelines are "G-Rated" and "use a marketplace item" - no suggested dimensions or format, no subject matter, no limit on number of entries, or anything else? Well, at least it posted a deadline.

So...

Just advertise absolutely anything at all - so long as it's G Rated. Based on the description, an animated gif file could be used to advertise the DAZ Marketplace since that's G Rated and there is no reason to believe it violates any rules (since none are posted beyond the 2 mentioned and no links will be present).

A little more information is needed here.

No.

Scratch that.

A LOT more information is needed here!

I'm not even sure if the ad is to go inside the magazine. or to be an ad for the magazine itself!

Sheesh! I'll make an ad for Mandelbulb3D in animated gif format as my first entry. Digital magazines can do animated ads, and many do - so there is no reason to doubt that it's allowed. Then I can move on to ads for my website, my web design services, Lindeman's Cassis Lambic (my favorite beer) (Beer is G Rated to advertise, right?), and the Necropedopestopastophobia Clinic (Necropedopestopastophobia is an irrational fear of dead children smothered in pasta with a pesto sauce) (my 2nd favorite imaginary disease!) unless more detailed guidelines appear.

I'm reminded of my last web client who wanted a website for his bible study group, but didn't have ANY content for it!! No articles, lectures, or videos. They actually expected me to make their content (so I made a scathing parody tearing god a new sphincter and poking fun at, or blatantly ridiculing, everything they believe in - and offered it to them) (They said they'd get me some content). Hopefully I wont have to submit those ads in order to get a clearer idea of what this all about...

Look For Silly Art on Sockratease.com!

Free Fractal obj Files!

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2016 at 9:16 PM
Forum Moderator

Hello Sockratease

I will make one of the admins aware of your comments I do see some of your points and since I do not wish to give you miss leading information I will have the admin review your comments and hopefully shed more light on the contest

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Sockratease ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 4:42 AM

Thanks, Lobo!

Please do encourage sarcastic replies too. I'd hate to think I was the only one who finds sarcasm the most amusingly effective form of communication...

Free Fractal obj Files!

Sockratease ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 4:08 PM

And it looks like the description has been modified.

No Beer or Necropedopestopastophobia clinic ads :( It seems like an ad for the mag itself is what they want.

Shame.

That clinic could have used the exposure...

Thanks for anything you did to help get the description enhanced.

Free Fractal obj Files!

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 11:13 AM
Forum Moderator

I do try to get all the members the best information possible and answer their concerns with in a timely matter. I know over the recent months there has been way to much negative being made about the staff here and in reality we all do our very best for the community at large

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Sockratease ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 3:58 PM · edited Thu, 24 March 2016 at 4:09 PM

Lobo3433 posted at 3:45PM Thu, 24 March 2016 - #4262405

I do try to get all the members the best information possible and answer their concerns with in a timely matter. I know over the recent months there has been way to much negative being made about the staff here and in reality we all do our very best for the community at large

I know I have said some things myself, but have seen a lot worse from others. My only complaints have centered on the moderation techniques, not the moderators themselves. Questions have always been handled fine, but sometimes I do question other aspects of how the place is run - it got so bad I banned myself from the community whats-her-name section because whenever I tried to make a point a bunch of others jumped in and piled on their own complaints and it is just not fun.

And if a member feels that way, I can only imagine how it makes staff feel.

Would it be odd to point out that this contest is not listed in the Contests Section of the forum, nor is it listed in the General Contests Area of the site?

That doesn't bother me because it means fewer people will know about it and there will be less competition and I may have a chance at that Crazy Talk 8 prize! I doubt I'd be good enough for the top prize, but actually like Crazy Talk better, so I mentioned it instead.

Just one last question about the contest and I'll shut up:

Is it OK to steal, for use in this contest only, this image (maybe modifying it's color, but nothing else):

RenderoistyLogoWhite.png

And if so, that may be a good thing to add to the description! It's tough to advertise for a company if you can't use their logo.

Edit: Or maybe this image, which may be more appropriate?

logo.png

Free Fractal obj Files!

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2016 at 10:39 AM
Forum Moderator

As to the borrowing (stealing has way to much negativity attached to it) I would say it is OK and if it is questioned then I will take responsibility for saying it was OK. As to why the contest is not listed in the two locations you mention well each Mod has their own area of responsibility so not sure who it should have fallen to to update those sections or if it falls on Admin.

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Sockratease ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2016 at 11:49 AM

Lobo3433 posted at 11:36AM Fri, 25 March 2016 - #4262602

... (stealing has way to much negativity attached to it) ...

How about Pilfering then? Looting?

Technically, I stole it to post it in this thread, so it's all in perspective I guess. I think in worst case scenarios most of the time. At least if you're a pessimist you're never disappointed!

Thanks for answering those others too.

Now to hope my Cthulhu figure counts as a prop since my only other item from the marketplace is a texture set and the page says to use a prop... 😛

You think being a moderator can ruffle feathers just for doing your job, try being an Editor! Especially for a comic book. Thems artists is touchy!!

Free Fractal obj Files!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.