Sat, Oct 5, 8:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Figure Renewel Project - Mildog part 1

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2016 at 11:10 AM

I'm just registering an ongoing interest in this project. You have an eye for doggy body shape and language, Lyrra - that's great, and so important.

Things as seemingly small as the way dogs talk with their ears (!) and the natural articulation of their 'toe' joints can make all the difference to what I like to call 'believability'.

Best wishes for your projects - hoping you come back to this one soon!

Izi

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

shante ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2016 at 2:01 PM

I see a commercial on tv that has a woman walki into her home made up of paper. her husband sits on a couch also made of paper. but the coolest character is the little paper dog. a small long hair which goes from paper construct to a living dog. looking at the transition it brings to mind where i have seen similar technique used. morphing poser hair. strips are fastened to the cap in varying lengths and morphs added for movement etc and with the texture maps and transparency maps made to give the little dog long shaggy hair. i wonder why noone has thought of this in the community?

shante ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2016 at 12:22 PM

Quoting a great man: "Hmmm.... think it's dead Jim." :{

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 10:53 AM

Not dead yet! Just been busy.. also it is super hard to find a thread in this forum once you lose it. The search function is abysmal

I have made a decision - sorry guys but the mildog project will not be getting any longhaired breeds. I do have a method of making fibremesh hair now, But I'm going to reserve the months of work that will need for a new, higher resolution dog figure which I shall make in the future. I've done as much as I can with this figure but I can only stretch so many polys so far.

So that means right now I am making my final round of morphs and dog breeds and should hopefully have the Improved Mildog commercial set done sometime in the next few weeks (but don't hold your breath)

Set A - Free - Mildog LE with improved bends and improved basic shader for the liver doberman. Does take the existing classic canines maps, to which you may wish to add the bumpmap I include and run it through EZskin.

Set B - Commercial - will need RTE to decode. Remapped Mildog LE with a stack of new morphs and new breeds and as of right now 41 coats. Also includes a second RTE encoded file which has the Mildog Classic Canines morphs reworked to the new RM mildog shape. Does NOT take the existing calssic canines maps.

So you will have to install and figure out RTE (yes I will include a tutorial) but then you will have several hundred morphs and breeds to play with.

Long and medium haired breeds are just going to have to wait, sorry. But I do hope to get to that project this year.

In the meantime .. todays breeds, and not yet final

greyhound3.png

akita1.png

African wild dog.png

Shaders are not yet final either

Lyrra

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2016 at 6:07 AM

I love the work you have been doing with this Lyrra! What effort and what wonderful results!!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2016 at 3:21 PM

I want to help crowd source or prerelease/presubscription license (whatever)something like that

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2016 at 5:42 PM

Jim, not sure what you are referring to. If something like is a stand alone mesh, wonderful, but this is based on the Mil Dog by DAZ, you would have to go through them. If it is based on someone else's work, you need to contact them. Please ask questions in our copyright forum for more information.

Boni

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2016 at 6:09 PM

I missed my point It doesn't surprise me. I already own the DAZ product Iv'e already rte'd enough content to not be scared by such a simple legalisms I'm expressing my support.count me in if you want sell me some improved Poser content

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2016 at 6:13 PM

Thank you JimTS, All good. 👍 We just need to cross our t's and dot our i's around here for the legal department.

Cheers!

Boni

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2016 at 7:05 PM

I want !

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2016 at 6:43 AM

I am slowly working my way through my list of breeds to make spun versions of them. Once I'm happy with the conformation of each one, then I will go and freeze each breed as a morph and code in the scaling. Then test each one for motion to make any specialty JCMs needed. Then I get to go through the huge stack of skins I made for Firefly and reset all of them to work in Superfly. Then a last round of 'how does it bend' before packing. Finally it goes off to my personal testers. As you can guess this is not a quick process and I'm not going to rush it.

Creators wishing to make addons for the Mildog ImpRM should email me for an RTE coded base obj to model on. It is a different shape than the base mildog. I have fleshed it out to make it more of a generic dog shape than the default doberman shape, as well as opening the jaw. Creators wishing to make texture maps should request the obj as well as a base psd template to start on. Creators wishing to make poses or rig/rerig conformers are going to have to wait until I am finished tweaking the rigging, sorry. Mildog Improved Remapped does take regular mildog poses very well, which was sort of the point, but I imagine people will want specialty poses for the extreme breed shapes such as whippets/greyhounds, and basset hounds.

Thank you for you expression of support .. right now all I need is for you to stand there and wave your flags and pom poms as encouragement :)

Todays big project is resetting the LegsLength scaling so the negative setting can go short enough for Corgis, Dachshunds and Basset Hounds. This is a challenge and I expect there will be a fair amount of cussing. I will also have to make a custom Basenji tail, as the combination of shortness and curl breaks the mesh a great deal so a custom smooth is needed.

LM

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2016 at 3:40 PM

well that was exactly as annoying a job as I expected. lol

bassethound.png

LM

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2016 at 4:22 PM

Very astonishing results

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

JimTS ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2016 at 7:53 PM · edited Fri, 20 May 2016 at 7:56 PM

Huzah to Lyrra Bravo I can't spell a baying basset voice text is such a limited form of expression

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2016 at 8:59 PM

more wip renders. Including a pose test with the dachshund that made me laugh

dachshund2.png

coorgi1.png

pug.png

LM

bopperthijs ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2016 at 5:45 AM

Great Corgi! (see my avatar!), The nose could be a little shorter, and the legs just a little longer, but it is rather convinving

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2016 at 10:57 AM

well the nice thing is that I'm leaving all my construction morphs in place after I freeze the breeds. So you will be able to adjust each breed/dog separately to taste. I have been using the AKC breed standard photos to base my breeds off of, but you know how much individual variation there is. I'm just trying to get the shape as close as I can. I figure most people using this set will either be fine with the stock shapes, or spend ages adjusting it to look like a specific dog. lol

Still have a few fixits to do and some morph adjustments - I'm not happy with the paunch that the very short legged dogs seem to develop and the basenji and pug tails are crinkling like crazy. They may need a separate tail setting for short+curled

I need to make a puppy morph, and the Hyena morph and skin. LD are you still watching? I'm about ready to send a cr2 to you for mimic morphs if you are still interested.

Mostly I'm coming into the cleanup and finalizing stage of things which means a couple more weeks work but the major construction is pretty much done.

Haigan - Greyhounds, Whippets and Saluki all have what is called 'hare foot' it is longer and more elegant, and the pawpads are more oval, so the footprint is longer. Many toy breeds have 'cat foot' which is the opposite, smaller and more compact so the foot print is very round like a cats. Most canines have 'indeterminate' paws, and a couple have webbed toes. I have made hare foot and cat foot morphs, which really did make the sighthounds look proper. With no articulated toes you can't spread them to see webbing, so I skipped that one

LM

JimTS ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2016 at 4:33 PM

great stuff there Getting stuff right while allowing for individualization is the art part

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2016 at 4:04 AM

back to the grindstone

pair1.png

JimTS ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2016 at 2:06 PM

Woof bark bark ahhruuuhh

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2016 at 2:49 PM

slowly getting there...

some of todays progress.

foxposed.png

wolf1.png

thylacine.png

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2016 at 2:53 PM

missed one...

direwolf.png

for all those GoT fans .. this is not the modern hybrid called 'dire wolf' that they used on the show. This is closer to the prehistoric giant wolf breed found in ancient Europe, the kind that hunted those seven foot tall elks.

LM

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2016 at 3:09 PM

left to do: reset all the mats for superfly. Pack. Make promos.

oddcouple.png

wolf pair.png

hyena.png

pug2.png

weekend off for me! back to the grind on monday

You can now apply via private message to be considered as a tester. you MUST have poser 10 or 11 and the MildogLE or Mildog Starter set

LM

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2016 at 6:47 AM

Really like that last one, Lyrra.

rtamesis ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2016 at 11:53 AM

Pugs have lots of wrinkles on their faces, especially on their forehead.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2016 at 1:23 PM · edited Mon, 30 May 2016 at 1:23 PM

True enough, but send him through the Hair room and you have a nice Pomeranian, or a shiatsu, or whatever though little mops are called.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2016 at 7:40 AM

Just wanted to pop in and say: I LOVE THIS PROJECT :D

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2016 at 1:57 PM

The pug does have wrinkles, but that wip shader/lighting has really made them hard to see. I could only do so much with this mesh though, its not exactly hi res.

done with all the new mats. Tomorrow I get to make thumbnail pngs and send out to my beta testers (both of them) Seems like a scarcity of volunteers. Oh well!

A teaser render of this project in use finally :)

wolffamily.png

LM

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2016 at 8:41 PM

Files have been encoded, packed and sent out to my two volunteer testers. They may yet regret this :) Tomorrow I start making promo images. Feel free to make image requests in this thread.

LM

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2016 at 4:46 PM

Testing is happening and I must say that I am impressed with the time and obvious desire that was put into this product. When Lyrra releases this the poor old MilDog will never be the same. The puppy morph is adorable. Testing renders coming soon.

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2016 at 1:47 AM

sooooooon

Promotional-Image.jpg

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2016 at 8:14 AM

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/mildog-improved-remapped/115572/

Freebie sets should be along in the next few days

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2016 at 6:58 AM

Good stuff Lyrra. I found it lovely to work with and I hope it does well for you.

shante ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2016 at 11:58 PM

nice job dear. on my wish list. need to invest a big chunk of change on physical therapy for a while so no poser stuff until better. but look forward to petting/getting this pak.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.