Mon, Oct 21, 11:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 8:28 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: bend values

steveshanks ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 2:02 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:25 PM

i have a jacket that every time i pose the figure i need to bend the forearms to 6 (left) and -6 (right) to make the sleeves fit the figure....is there a way i can edit the cr2 to permanently keep this value?, thanks.........Steve

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 2:32 PM

While you could edit the init values of those bend dials in your cr2 so it comes into your scene correctly, you'd still have to manually adjust the sleeves after each pose. Instead, I would pose your Jacket so that it fits your figure in the default position and then export a new .obj of your jacket. Re-point your cr2 to the new .obj, and you should be fine. Hope this helps.

chromecafe ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 2:41 PM

wouldnt the centre points be easier moved?

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 2:53 PM

Hmmm... maybe. I assumed from the question that if the sleaves needed to be adjusted by the same value to fit any pose than they didn't fit the figure in the default pose either. More information needed I guess.

steveshanks ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 2:54 PM

Nope ;o( after conforming it still needs bending back by 6...i'm sure i read somwhere how to do this but i'm stumped where......thanks for trying though ;o).......Steve

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 2:56 PM

Oh wait... now this is sounding familiar. Did you "borrow" the cr2 from the base figure to create the cr2 for the jacket?

steveshanks ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 3:05 PM

oh it doesn't fit in the default pose either....the end of the sleeves is to far back....nope i made it with pro pack by adding the teeshirt cr2 from the PT DAZ kid.....nope Chromecafe if i move those it moves the whole forearm back i just need a small bend on it .....Steve

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 3:14 PM

Hmmm... maybe not what I was thinking then. I'm kinda stabbing in the dark here, but does your jacket have 'phantom' rHand and lHand body parts in the cr2 or do they end with the ForeArm?

steveshanks ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 3:17 PM

Chromecafe it worked!!! yehhaa ;o) i moved the red one and pop in it went ..i tryed that eariler with no succes LOL...thanks everyone for the help.....Steve

steveshanks ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 3:19 PM

i tryed adding hand bones but it sent it scatty LOL anyway all fixed we must have been typing at the same time :o)...thanks, Steve

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 3:22 PM

Glad you got it working =)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.