Fri, Oct 4, 2:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: OT: For your techies ... How to make an HTML e-mail?

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2017 at 6:09 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:30 PM

I jump into this every once in a while. Get aggravated, grumble and walk away ... time and again. I want to make some designed e-mails to send to folks once in a while ... but they never seem to work in Yahoo. Obviously other people succeed. I have dreamweaver as well as other Adobe products (CS6) the MS Office Suite 2010. I've even used Publisher. I know so far, that Yahoo only likes tabled HTML ... CSS and other layered coding makes a mess. Any help would be appreciated.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

putrdude ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2017 at 1:20 PM

Hi Boni,

I never use Yahoo so I'm not sure what problems you would run into. Been awhile since I even looked at something like this, but... I think photoshop will put out an html file for whatever you make in it, including the html code. Perhaps another option is to simply make it an image and send that. MS word will save as HTML, but then you get into the issues you may be talking about. The other option, pretty well accepted worldwide is send a PDF.

Good Luck

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2017 at 1:27 PM

Thank you ... I have considered using Fireworks (basically a spliced HTML png image) and the MS Word solution is what is working best so far ... but I need something more dynamic. I want to know how other sites are doing this so that their e-mails don't collapse under certain e-mail servers.

Boni

putrdude ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2017 at 2:30 PM

Adobe pdf creator is pretty good for this. You can include links that work, images etc. There are others out there including Word that will publish as PDF. Never seen it NOT work. It does represent your email/newsletter exactly as you wanted it to look.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2017 at 2:53 PM

Hmmm ... does it come up as "inline", or an attachment?

Boni

adzan ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2017 at 3:03 PM · edited Wed, 08 March 2017 at 3:04 PM

Hi Boni. If the site is using a content management system like WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal or a Store management system then email creation is usually built in to the management software.

There are also web based email creation sites that you could try - Bee Free and inkbrush are two such sites

www.beefree.io

www.inkbrush.com

adzan ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2017 at 3:23 PM

Sigh - missed the edit time lol

Here are two Web pages relating to Email in Dreamweaver -

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/html-email-dreamweaver-cc-delivers/

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/486247

YouTube had a few HTML email tutorials but they were really dry and hard watching... but you may find one you like

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2017 at 3:25 PM

Thank you. I will look into this!!

Boni

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2017 at 7:39 PM

I create them all the time (day job). What kind of thing are you looking to do? Do you care about it being used on a phone?

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2017 at 10:14 PM · edited Thu, 09 March 2017 at 10:19 PM

Mock newsletters for friends, and as samples for my design work. I don't have a site to link graphic elements to most imagery will be linked to Photobucket ... unless I can code embeded graphics. I have the tables down pretty good since I use to use Claris home page, Netscape's html plug-in and FrontPage when they were very simple layouts. If it is used on a phone that would be good. If it can be versatile that would be great. I want a couple templates all I need to do is switch out text and images. I will post a sample tomorrow.

Boni

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2017 at 6:08 PM

I have adapted a few pieces from this https://www.emailonacid.com/resources but you can also do a google search for responsive email template you might find something.

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2017 at 7:38 AM

I'm always wary when I see "free trial" on a page ... Help yes ... software, no ... and that's been what my searches have come up with. Maybe I'll try WebMonkey, I haven't looked up stuff with them for YEARS.

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2017 at 7:44 AM · edited Sun, 12 March 2017 at 8:41 AM

Well that was a bust ... I'll try WIRED since they bought it ... Another bust ... on the search ... but getting some decent results in the meantime.

Boni

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2017 at 7:00 PM

That is not software. It is just an email checking service that I have never gotten an email from.

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2017 at 8:35 AM

Thanks, back to the search and I will try to get that mock-up later as well.

Boni

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2017 at 8:06 AM · edited Tue, 14 March 2017 at 8:07 AM

Hi, I use this service, great and with your own brand. It has a wysiwyg editor and templates to use. The free option is great for a individual use, 1,000 Subscribers and unlimited emails.

https://mpzmail.com

adh3d website

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.