Sun, Sep 29, 8:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 8:08 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: carrarActor - genesis 3

SileneUK ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 7:01 AM

Dartagnon posted at 11:53AM Fri, 24 March 2017 - #4300129

Fantastic! Can't wait to try this! Kudos Misty! Please pardon my misspelled name. Mistakes like that actually cost money to correct over here! wtf?

Anyway... this is awesome!!!

Silene, are you having issues with support products? Here's the thing:

Do as Misty mentions with the blended weight thing, as she mentions on the previous page

Then save that result back into the library, with a new name, in the same structure so it's easily found in the same way the original item was

Now load that new item into Carrara for use on the new G3 for Carrara.

Example:

Let's change an imaginary coat

In Daz Studio Library, I find it under People > Genesis 3 Male > Clothing > Imaginary Coat

the coat is now in our library available for bringing into Daz Studio - so I load it in I now do the Blend Weights conversion

Now I save the coat back into the library, so during my save (as a figure support asset) a browse all the way to My Daz3d Library > People > Genesis 3 > Clothing > Imaginary Coat

Just to NOT overwrite the original, I call this one: "Coat4Carrara" or some other simple change so I can easily distinguish it

Now back in Carrara, I load in the Coat4Carrara, rather that the original Coat

Does that help?

No, my problem is that I thought applying the tsf utility was part of creating the Carrara friendly G3 product duf to then load into carrara. The thread is gone now, but the way I copied the stuff from it, it looked like making your G3 Car man/woman was to transfer g3001 onto the g3002. As part of the routine, g3002 was stripped of its nodes in DSON editor. I thought combining them back with g3001 was how it worked.

I got there once before somehow, but have lost my way since then. I am not sure now how to combine the two prop assets created to get a working one to load into carrara. The one I had before I did then save as a carrara file once in Carrara, but she does not work now with the prepackaged poses I was able to do before. Now I have to move her joints manually and there are no facial expressions.

What Misty says about finding the FORMULA in the sub-tree... I cannot find anything named FORMULA when in DSON for an untouched working DS G3 figure's dsf file.

I know it's me... but am missing an important step. I don't care about clothes at this point at all. But I can wait for the utility to be published if it will do it for me! 🔢 Hmmmm.... Silene

SileneUK ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 3:52 PM · edited Fri, 24 March 2017 at 4:04 PM

I finally did it.... I cannot believe I was having so much trouble. It was that I did not have the final save in the right place... it was trying to 'call'... is that the word? the incorrect dsf file back in the original G3F folder.

The clothes part comes much easier. But I am finding that using the prepackaged poses... they are not giving happy **feet ** posing once saved as a carrara file, even if the model is saved in a tee pose. Have to work that one out... I can go back and reload the duf from my special save and start over no problem till I do.

This is Dart's Carrara Badlands.... with PhilW's Adrea dynamic hair. The dragon was just a bit of fun... I was going to say something about it being a Car Dev Team member following her, but that would be snarky.

😇 Silene

Image also posted in the Show Us Your Carrara Renders of V7 thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/58192/show-us-your-carrara-renders-of-victoria-7-she-is-versatile#latest

1.png

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 5:22 PM

oh, is active??!!

omg partyyyyy

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/carraractors-janette-and-johnathon-for-genesis-3-in-carrara-8-5/119943

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Wonga ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 5:37 PM

Congrats Misty...

before I purchase I need to know if G3 morphs ( like creatures and stuff ) also work on these models... Like will my one and only G3 product 'George' morph be able to be applied?... there is no mention of this in your product description.

congrats again

Find my Facebook Page Here -- or me on Twitter

SileneUK ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 6:06 PM

Just a heads up...the image I did above was WITHOUT Misty's new product.

It's just sod's law that her product was released by Rendo this evening after I did my torturous working around which was very hard for a novice like me.

Now I won't have to in the future... I will use her files! And it will go faster and get better results, too.

Hope to post renders after the weekend... hoping to see some others!

Cheers, Silene

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 6:53 PM

Wonga posted at 7:49PM Fri, 24 March 2017 - #4300296

Congrats Misty...

before I purchase I need to know if G3 morphs ( like creatures and stuff ) also work on these models... Like will my one and only G3 product 'George' morph be able to be applied?... there is no mention of this in your product description.

congrats again

i don't have george, cant test it.

HD morphs don't work in carrara, so, i guess depends if his morphs are hd.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 6:55 PM

there's a coupie out, for prime members https://www.renderosity.com/?aid=1360

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 6:56 PM

SileneUK posted at 7:55PM Fri, 24 March 2017 - #4300299

Just a heads up...the image I did above was WITHOUT Misty's new product.

It's just sod's law that her product was released by Rendo this evening after I did my torturous working around which was very hard for a novice like me.

Now I won't have to in the future... I will use her files! And it will go faster and get better results, too.

Hope to post renders after the weekend... hoping to see some others!

Cheers, Silene

well, there's some satisfaction in knowing you solved it.

Wonga ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 7:08 PM

MistyLaraPrincess posted at 11:04AM Sat, 25 March 2017 - #4300302

Congrats Misty...

congrats again

Sorry for not being more explicit, we know that HD don't work in Carrara

but

have any normal G3 product figure morphs been tested and work? that is the question.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 8:09 PM · edited Fri, 24 March 2017 at 8:13 PM

Wonga posted at 8:57PM Fri, 24 March 2017 - #4300306

MistyLaraPrincess posted at 11:04AM Sat, 25 March 2017 - #4300302

Congrats Misty...

congrats again

Sorry for not being more explicit, we know that HD don't work in Carrara

but

have any normal G3 product figure morphs been tested and work? that is the question.

oh. yes they do,
tested including the add on, body, head, and expressions for genesis 3 tested Michael 7, Leo 7, Gianni 7, vicki7, aiko7, girl, lillith, mika most of the pose controls work,(i havent tested all of them i'm afraid.) arms up/down, shrug, eyes closed, finger grasp, spread, visemes - among the tested to work.

posted some screen shots above to show what to highlight in instance tab

cheers

if you want to use a uvset other than the base, like Michael 7, swap the uvs on Johnathon inside DS and save as character preset.

Wonga ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 8:49 PM

ok... hope it helps you out 🍪

George G3 in Carrara.jpg

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 9:01 PM

that george?

Wonga ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 9:12 PM

yep

George and Abhorrentus for G3

the only 2 products I have for G3

G3F crashes Carrara however when I load up a converted Winter Fantasy Dress onto Janette... hmmmm

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 9:25 PM · edited Fri, 24 March 2017 at 9:31 PM

yoo converted dress to blended, save as subset?

load the dress onto scene in the instance tab. after it loads, fit to g3f

was that the dress she's holding a lantern? think i have that one

Wonga ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 9:50 PM · edited Fri, 24 March 2017 at 10:02 PM

yep that's the one... It must of been a freebie once... yep crashes Carrara does that one.. I'll try again after the next render finishes 🍀

just did it again.... crash boom! 💥

Wonga ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 9:56 PM
wilgrfx ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 10:07 PM

It's Alive... its aliivee! Got it in wishlist... J&J will be mine very soon.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 10:34 PM

Wonga posted at 11:29PM Fri, 24 March 2017 - #4300323

yep that's the one... It must of been a freebie once... yep crashes Carrara does that one.. I'll try again after the next render finishes 🍀

yeah, just tried it crashed on me too, tried it by itself into fresh scene, crash

the evening dress for g3f works. going to hazard a guess mebbe the sleeves on winter dress is overload

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 10:35 PM

wilgrfx posted at 11:35PM Fri, 24 March 2017 - #4300328

It's Alive... its aliivee! Got it in wishlist... J&J will be mine very soon.

Ty 🌸

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 10:36 PM

Wonga posted at 11:36PM Fri, 24 March 2017 - #4300325

V7 in Carrara 🆒

V7 in Carrara.jpg

nice!

big cat shader looks good

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 10:42 PM

winter fantasy for g2f loads, there goes the sleeves theory lol

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 10:49 PM

we should start a list of fails and successes in clothes and hair

what to try next? tee hee feels like playing Clue, kernel sanders in the conservatory with a pose

Antaran ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2017 at 12:10 AM

MistyLaraPrincess posted at 12:07AM Sat, 25 March 2017 - #4300336

we should start a list of fails and successes in clothes and hair ...

Please do! That's a brilliant idea. Having that list (and also tips and tricks for conversion, as I suspect some items are easier to use than others) would really help with buying choices! And congratulations on the product going live! 😀

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2017 at 1:35 AM

Ty :heart_tip:

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2017 at 1:48 AM

Fauna legs are geografts rest looks nice though, antlers are props

fauna legs are geograft.jpg

diomede ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2017 at 7:54 AM

Congratulations, Misty. Maybe the list of fails should have three categories. One for clothes that work with the blended weight fix. One that loads, doesn't confrm/morph as expected but that will work with VWD. One for clothes/hair that crash before VWD can be applied.

Or maybe I misunderstand the crashes.

SileneUK ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2017 at 8:03 AM

Good idea Dio... maybe we can start a new thread just for this purpose? 😀 Silene

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2017 at 11:25 AM · edited Sat, 25 March 2017 at 11:26 AM

sounds good !

i'se giving Kenji 7 a test run today.

i converted the g3m anatomical to blended.
but it also needs to be converted from geograft to conforming dont want it punching holes in his mesh. i do it by editing the dsf file, seeing if it can be done with a preset file

there's not much to the lady anatomical bit. could prolly do a crease morph though, i'm sure rot'ka has something more spectacular

gallery here allows nudes, dont they? just needs proper thumbnail

oh yeah, theres a nudity flag!!

hmm dont want to tie up this thread with nudes, a separate thread for nudes be kewl

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2017 at 5:41 PM

would someone else want to host the fail/success list? 💐

i'se bogged answering questions 💦

Wonga ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2017 at 7:26 PM

MistyLaraPrincess posted at 11:25AM Sun, 26 March 2017 - #4300332

Wonga posted at 11:29PM Fri, 24 March 2017 - #4300323

yeah, just tried it crashed on me too, tried it by itself into fresh scene, crash

the evening dress for g3f works. going to hazard a guess mebbe the sleeves on winter dress is overload

I have an update for that product in DiM this morning... funny that... I'll try again during the day to see if it's fixed. 👗

Wonga ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2017 at 9:47 PM

**G3 is Captain Carrara ** needed some work to get this one working!

Captain Carrara.jpg

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2017 at 2:05 AM

mooses gracias :mood_lightning:

gone missing 4eva 😞

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2017 at 2:28 AM

oh yeah, dont forget genesis 3 has ear bones, ☺ can pose their ears, flap 'em and pec bones, can move their breasts around

Bunyip02 ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2017 at 5:30 AM

Misty great news that you're up and running. Have bought your item, will have a workout session with it tomorrow !!!!!! Regards, Bunyip

SileneUK ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2017 at 7:50 AM

Some good fun for UK Mother's Day..... 'Boob Boogie Ear Jive' video... maybe Wendy might make one! 😜 Silene

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2017 at 2:14 PM

well, as of this morning there be 8 of us with J & J 🎇 lol

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2017 at 2:15 PM

SileneUK posted at 3:14PM Sun, 26 March 2017 - #4300475

Some good fun for UK Mother's Day..... 'Boob Boogie Ear Jive' video... maybe Wendy might make one! 😜 Silene

Happy Mom's Day!! 👨‍👩‍👧

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2017 at 2:17 PM

Bunyip02 posted at 3:15PM Sun, 26 March 2017 - #4300469

Misty great news that you're up and running. Have bought your item, will have a workout session with it tomorrow !!!!!! Regards, Bunyip

Ty 💖

Wonga ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2017 at 11:06 PM
Bunyip02 ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2017 at 7:41 AM

The exile, basic render. The Exile 3.png

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2017 at 1:11 PM

Wonga posted at 2:10PM Mon, 27 March 2017 - #4300534

Harley Quinn.jpg

nice tatts ! she found the missing post?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2017 at 1:13 PM

Bunyip02 posted at 2:11PM Mon, 27 March 2017 - #4300568

The exile, basic render. The Exile 3.png

cant tell if he angry, or just ... hung_reee_

glad to see you got the eyes sorted

🍻

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2017 at 10:00 PM

i feel like we're the rebel base over here 🌠

think there was carrara lightsabers in the freestuff

Bunyip02 ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2017 at 7:21 AM

No lightsabers on this one, but the force is strong !!!!!! Yodkin by RawArt. Yodkin RawArt.png

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2017 at 8:13 AM

Yodkin at the Secret Lake

no one's seen that before !!

mantagruelle ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2017 at 1:36 AM

Hello Misty, I would like to purchase your product, but I'm a dummy with Daz Studio (just Carrara) and my english is not perfect. Have you made a tuto or some help with J & J ? (a step by step will be perfect) :-) Regards Jamy

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2017 at 8:08 AM

Hiya mantagruelle 👋

i am working on video tutorials. mucho trabajo

You will need the Genesis 3 starter essentials for male and female.

It is currently free with Daz Studio 4.9.

AtticAnne ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2017 at 8:57 AM

Misty, I am so proud of you. I'm still reinstalling Carrara. May be next week before I can get J&J.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2017 at 3:01 PM · edited Wed, 29 March 2017 at 3:01 PM

HiYa Anne 👋

🌸 ssom:

i didn't know yoo a CarrarArtista

welcome to the rebel base lol

DUDU.car ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2017 at 5:36 PM

Hi Princess, I don't use Genesis but I really appreciate what you are doing for us! Thousand thanks!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.