Mon, Sep 9, 3:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: How do I load video codecs into DAZStudio 4.9?

UVDan ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2017 at 9:39 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 11:25 AM
Forum Moderator

I only have like five video codecs to choose from and windows doesn't want to play most of them. How can I get another codec into DS ? Maybe the H264 codec for example.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2017 at 9:06 AM

I thought any codec installed on the system was available, but in any event the usual advice os to render to an image sequence and assemble that in a video editor - that allows you to render in chunks, ro rerender frames that need tweaking without having to rerender the whole animation, and provides protection from crashes. Rendering to an image sequence also allows you to use PNG (or Tiff) and so have an alpha channel.

UVDan ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2017 at 12:54 AM
Forum Moderator

Can I assemble an image sequence inside of DAZStudio?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2017 at 3:05 PM

No, you need a video editor of some kind.

UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2017 at 10:01 AM
Forum Moderator

Thanks for helping.

flibbits ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2017 at 7:22 PM

Virtual Dub is a free video editor. It can assemble the images into a video.

UVDan ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2017 at 12:22 AM
Forum Moderator

Thanks flibbits.

bhoins ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2017 at 10:24 PM · edited Mon, 17 April 2017 at 10:25 PM

RHaseltine posted at 9:21PM Mon, 17 April 2017 - #4302066

I thought any codec installed on the system was available, but in any event the usual advice os to render to an image sequence and assemble that in a video editor - that allows you to render in chunks, ro rerender frames that need tweaking without having to rerender the whole animation, and provides protection from crashes. Rendering to an image sequence also allows you to use PNG (or Tiff) and so have an alpha channel.

That should be correct, with one qualifier. 32 bit Codecs only work with 32 bit DS, 64 bit codecs only work with 64 bit DS.

Note many codecs are 32 bit only.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2017 at 9:48 AM

Ah, thank you Bruce.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.