Thu, Sep 19, 8:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:55 pm)

Subject: Victoria 7 animation

westcat ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 1:29 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 8:37 PM

I have been doing some animation with V4 in Poser for some time now. I have made a lot of motions and bought and modified dozens. I do notice that V7 seems here to stay, but can only be worked on in DazStudios. OK that is fine, but I have heard that animating in Daz Studios with V7 is an absolute night mare. This I learnt from a forum rant on the Daz site. Can anyone here set me straight, and provide some links to details of how to do animations with V7 and do them right. I am looking to do wrestling boxing judo ground fighting which requires parenting especially when doing a classic roll of two characters trying to get the top pin position. I was told this animation is very difficulat to do in DAZ with V7 genesis 3 .click for animation >>>
Rolling fight

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 5:34 PM · edited Sat, 10 June 2017 at 5:35 PM

Hi it is entirely possible that you read one of my many rants on this issue.

Long story short. Victoria & or any Genesis 3 based figure has a new bone structure that makes it non compatible with any motion file data used on previous figures from Genesis 2 all the down the generations to poser dork.

The good new is that problem has been effectively solved with motion retargeting scripts where you create& perfect you motion with a genesis 2 or even a V4 . And then you run the script to transfer the motion to G3.

I cannot Link you to any Daz forum discussions from this site but Google the following terms:

zaz777, Genesis3

Your results should lead you to the many discussions on using the scripts in Daz studio.

My website

YouTube Channel

westcat ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 7:37 PM

How easy though is it to make animations in DazStudio?

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 8:11 PM

Much easier than poser.

My website

YouTube Channel

westcat ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 9:18 PM

Thank you Sir. It does look like the renders are of a much higher quality.in Daz

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2017 at 7:02 AM

Keep in mind Daz studio has the IRay render engine that is very hardware intensive and may not be suitable multi-frame animation renders unless you have a very powerful system with a Nvdia graphics card.

My website

YouTube Channel

westcat ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2017 at 10:23 AM

thank you. Yes I was told DAZ is really intense that was.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.