Tue, Oct 22, 3:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 9:34 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Blenders New Principled Shader | Quick and Easy PBR in Cycles

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2017 at 9:37 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 4:13 PM
Forum Moderator

So got this update which I think adds to LuxXeon earlier post about Eevee https://youtu.be/jcLwBy3eBh0 This is available with Blender daily builds this truly is exciting news for what is coming up with Blender

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

LuxXeon ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2017 at 9:42 PM

Yep. That's excellent. Finally, we may see integrated Substance material support on the horizon. Thanks, Lobo!

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2017 at 9:48 PM
Forum Moderator

I was following a tutorial that I had recommended which I still do on using Substance Painter with Blender and stuck on the export from Substance Painter back into Blender that is really annoying the hell out of me lol so having the ability to be able to do the PBR in Blender would be great. I do not know if they changed something in current version of SP from the 2.41 version when it comes to export AO maps it is jut not working for me. Even contacted the tutorial creator and he knows he did something but does not recall what it is and it is not in the tutorial so I need to find another solution to determine what is missing

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 4:54 PM
Forum Moderator

Many thanks for the heads-up and link.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2017 at 7:34 AM
Forum Moderator

Your welcome Bryster

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

LuxXeon ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 1:21 PM

Andrew has a very good video all about the Principled Shader. Might be worth a look for those who don't normally follow Blender Guru.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 1:59 PM

I've had a play with the new shader and I must say I'm pretty impressed!! If you couple it with the colour management stuff he explained a few videos ago then you do get some good results!

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

EClark1849 ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 11:50 PM

I use Poser though and sadly, SuperFly and Poser's version of Cycles doesn't support that node yet.

EClark1849 ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 11:51 PM

EClark1849 posted at 11:50PM Sat, 24 June 2017 - #4308478

I use Poser though and sadly, SuperFly and Poser's version of Cycles doesn't support that node yet. Which means anything I make in Blender can't be used with the Principled Shader yet.

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2017 at 7:08 AM

Doe the poser versions of cycles allow the view port to switch to "rendered "mode like in Blender??

My website

YouTube Channel

R_Hatch ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2017 at 4:38 AM

Unfortunately, no. Hopefully Poser 12 is far enough away that they can implement some of the EEVEE/Cycles crossover into it. I'm no doubt being extremely optimistic, but I can't really think of anything better they could do with Poser's viewport.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2017 at 2:03 PM
Forum Moderator

I just saw a plug in for Poser for sale here in the market place PBR-Emulator for FIREFLY not sure how good it is since I do not own it but might be an option to look at and it comes as a single license and extended license can be found here

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.