Thu, Sep 19, 4:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:00 pm)

Subject: Where has all the Poser content gone?

libero ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 9:44 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:08 PM

Where has all of the Poser content gone from this site? There used to be lots of varied content related to Poser but now there is very little as you are obviously focussing on Daz Studio and Genesis 3, which is of no interest to people like me who are Poser users with large libraries of products. Thanks

jennblake ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 10:06 AM

Hi.

WE as a marketplace only release and show what our vendors create and upload. We have no control over the content we get submitted. I also would love to see more Poser content. I am going to share your post/concern with our vendors. Maybe that will encourage some of them to create more for Poser. 😄

libero ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 10:10 AM

Many thanks, It is so disappointing to see so few new poser products. I hope they don't forget the many of us Poser users out here looking for good products to add to our libraries. Best regards

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 10:30 AM

If it wasn't for Poser, DAZ would never have come into existence.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 10:48 AM

I keep hearing how it's so very difficult to make props in both formats, and yet I see here vendors who somehow, despite all odds, manage to do exactly that.

Incredible, huh.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

-renapd- ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 11:37 AM · edited Fri, 16 June 2017 at 11:39 AM
Site Admin

Please remember all that you need to check Marketplace/New Poser... not just "what's new" like we were used to all these past years!

This from a Poser vendor of two decades who doesn't plan to change software and "fought" for this separation in the what's new page to make our life a bit easier and stop feeling missed out or having to seek through pages of content we do not use! :)

Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

libero ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 12:29 PM

Hi, This is where I normally look, but there are still only 9 pages of products compared to dozens and dozens a while ago. I'm so relieved to hear that there are still Poser vendors out there still loyal to our wonderful product. Long may you continue, hopefully more will come forward to get the Poser products back into the forefront of the marketplace.

3-d-c ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 4:06 PM

I still do poser exclusive. .. so check out my store too ;) https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?uid=502620

3-D-Cs Facebook Page: 3-D-C on Facebook

Check the K-Azonica Story and World Evolving:   K-Azonica

Check my website and products and the large freebie section:   3-D-C

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 5:20 PM

Regarding only 9 pages of poser stuff: That's because the 'what's new' doesn't show stuff older than a few months. The rest is still there, but not browsable unless you search. I made a request a while ago to have that changed, Kristi said they were working on it, but haven't heard anything since. We just have to be patient I guess

JeffersonAF ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2017 at 6:41 AM

I have excellent products for Poser, you can see in my store: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/vendor/JeffersonAF

karanta ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2017 at 4:29 PM

My store is also filled with items for Poser :) https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?uid=19068

My Renderosity Store

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2017 at 8:01 PM

GCD Interiors - Design46 by GrayCloudDesign ,  RPublishing for daz studio only. rpublishing name is on the product that is not poser compatible . seems like the company would have some influence over what their name is on

so many products does not say what they are for and I waste so much time opening and finding out it is not poser material

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2017 at 8:07 PM

I have been told by at least two very popular vendors that they are not making any money on poser stuff. my purchases are only a drop in the bucket. At least Seven still releases V4 products among a few others

jennblake ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 12:18 PM

The What's New Poser now goes back much farther. 😄 Give it another look!

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 12:35 PM

Richardphotos posted at 6:28PM Sun, 18 June 2017 - #4307780

I have been told by at least two very popular vendors that they are not making any money on poser stuff. my purchases are only a drop in the bucket. At least Seven still releases V4 products among a few others

There are a few people at least that do not shop here anymore. I used to spend $100 plus most months and that was all on Poser stuff so that is a loss to both renderosity and the vendors. I know I am not alone so all vendors are missing out to some degree. Now I am not suggesting that this is the sole reason that vendors are not making money on poser stuff but it probably does make it more difficult. I suspect the present trend will continue meaning Poser users will either go else where or start making their own content and when they have the skills they could start buying less of content for other programs. Just one possible future.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 5:03 PM

there has been many months that I exceeded $100 in purchases, but slowed down because of lack of products that I want. many months I was shocked about just how much I did spend.

Renderosity has always stood by their members every since I officially joined in 2003. maybe things will change for the better

kaleya ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 7:29 PM

I still support poser whenever possible. I just recently released a few Poser only Dynamic packs as well as a conforming outfit for V4.

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 8:18 PM

I just purchased 3 items from Kaleya including her newest product. I never have issues with your products

DivabugDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 8:42 PM

I am strictly a Poser girl and will continue to support Poser. In addition to texture expansion packs for clothing and props, I have recently started creating clothing sets.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/vendor/JudibugDesigns

kaleya ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 9:26 PM

Richardphotos posted at 7:26PM Sun, 18 June 2017 - #4307879

I just purchased 3 items from Kaleya including her newest product. I never have issues with your products

I am really happy to hear that :)

Silverwind ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2017 at 2:21 PM

Everything in my shop with maybe one or two exceptions work in Poser. Primarily characters and a few clothing and hair items, but definitely have ya covered in the tiniest bit. :-)

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / DeviantArt

whbos ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 9:13 AM

galaxiefilm posted at 10:00AM Thu, 22 June 2017 - #4307655

You are right!! I say the same thing all of the time to those Poser haters on DAZ. DAZ would be out of business if it wasn't for Poser and the DAZ fans don't seem to get it. I have even seen posts in their forums where people get downright nasty toward Poser users and wish we would go away. Where were they when DAZ Studio came with a price tag?

I too am seeing a shift from Poser items to mostly DAZ Studio/Genesis 3. To me it seems many vendors are looking to get on the DAZ wagon or perhaps Renderosity will be going the same route as Runtime DNA. As I have said over on DAZ months ago, they killed the competition and hardly create any new Poser models.

There is only a small percentage of vendors who still create for Poser. Maybe five percent if that. There is also no way to filter Poser models on the DAZ3D website which speaks volumes to me. They don't want Poser users. What they have available is mostly from RDNA and it is old stuff from ten years ago that I already have.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

taoz ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 10:03 AM · edited Thu, 22 June 2017 at 10:06 AM

For what I've heard, DAZ Studio was created because the future of Poser became uncertain at some point. DAZ was only selling Poser content at that time and in order to survive they had to have an alternative in case Poser would cease to exist. Besides, it's not DAZ that has made Poser less popular, they have offered full support to SM for their later figures, but SM chose not to support them which probably is one of the main reasons for why many have shifted to DAZ Studio.

Personally I use both, and both have their their advantages and disadvantages.

whbos ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 10:12 AM

Richardphotos posted at 10:33AM Thu, 22 June 2017 - #4307780

That sounds like the same story DAZ vendors have been telling about M4 products not selling. Clothing items for Genesis males seem to sell pretty well or they wouldn't keep making them. Either Poser users have given up or the vendors are not making quality products for Poser. That could be the reason why their items are not selling. When is the last time any vendor created something of quality for M4. There are zillions of items for V4, but only one in a thousand items for M4 compared to Vicky.

Nothing sells if it isn't made or if it's poorly constructed.

whbos ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 10:35 AM

taoz posted at 11:13AM Thu, 22 June 2017 - #4308213

For what I've heard, DAZ Studio was created because the future of Poser became uncertain at some point. DAZ was only selling Poser content at that time and in order to survive they had to have an alternative in case Poser would cease to exist. Besides, it's not DAZ that has made Poser less popular, they have offered full support to SM for their later figures, but SM chose not to support them which probably is one of the main reasons for why many have shifted to DAZ Studio.

Personally I use both, and both have their their advantages and disadvantages.

We can blame Smith-Micro too. I'm no fan of them either. Their products are overpriced and I seriously doubt I will be upgrading Poser ever again. I've been using it and upgrading since Version 2. I am still using Poser Pro 2014 because I hate Poser 11 even though I purchased both flavors of it (Standard and Pro). Some of Poser 11's improvements get a thumbs down from me.

Poser also passed down to a number of different companies so I can see why its future was shaky. I lost count of the company names (Fractal Design, MetaCreations, etc.). Corel even bought one of the programs from MetaCreations then never released it under their own name. I forget the name of it, but I still have it and it was a total waste of $500.

If DAZ Studio wasn't free it wouldn't even be popular and nobody would be creating models for it. Free speaks loud and clear. Somebody at DAZ was smart when they came up with the idea of giving it away to sell more of their products. If SM had done the same we wouldn't even be talking about this.

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 1:59 PM

I am not knocking Daz or the vendors but I do believe that Daz appeals, in a large part, to artists that want the latest and greatest. Very few buying the latest figure from Daz is doing so without knowing that it will be replaced in around year and accepts that the company gives no guarantee of backward compatibility when the new figure is launched. With this as a marketing strategy you really can't blame vendors for following the money. Yes there will always be some that create for other softwares and are happy that the potential profits will be limited.

Other artist are happy to stick with a figure that is over ten years old or work with their favorite piece of software and use a modern figure such as Dawn. As this leaves open the option of using V4 content that many have already purchased so it is not surprising their spending may well be much lower that the group above.

Of course this is a very simplistic look customer grouping but I think it does have some bearing on the present situation. It is up to the artist to decide which route they wish to take, be it one of the above or a route very different.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

whbos ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2017 at 8:27 AM

I have the Hivewire figures and I'm not too impressed with either Dawn or Dusk. The clothing line is limited and if I can't use M4/V4 clothing on them then there's no point in investing more into another soon-to-be obsolete figure. Besides, just like V4, most of the content is made for the Dawn.

I don't find either Dawn or Dusk attractive or authentic-looking figures. Especially Dusk who has a weird face. He looks like a Ken doll that's been run over a few times. And they wonder why things don't sell. Most male items are made to not sell.

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2017 at 8:57 AM

whbos posted at 2:49PM Fri, 23 June 2017 - #4308301

I have the Hivewire figures and I'm not too impressed with either Dawn or Dusk. The clothing line is limited and if I can't use M4/V4 clothing on them then there's no point in investing more into another soon-to-be obsolete figure. Besides, just like V4, most of the content is made for the Dawn.

I don't find either Dawn or Dusk attractive or authentic-looking figures. Especially Dusk who has a weird face. He looks like a Ken doll that's been run over a few times. And they wonder why things don't sell. Most male items are made to not sell.

It is up to each user to use the figures they want and I am certainly not trying to put Dawn above any other, just counter the view expressed elsewhere that Dawn does not work in Poser, she does. I do tend to use M4 over Dusk but again that is a personal choice. While new content favors Dawn instead of Dusk I think that is par for the course for any male/female figure combination. Dawn can use all of the V4 content I have and that is a vast wardrobe. Yes it has to be converted but that takes less time than it does to purchase another outfit from a marketplace such as Rendo.

As to "another soon to be obsolete figure" you clearly have information that I am not party to.

whbos ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2017 at 11:38 AM · edited Fri, 23 June 2017 at 11:38 AM

I didn't know we could convert V4/M4 clothing for Dawn/Dusk. Is this done automatically or is there a python script or external program that does it? I probably wouldn't use it anyway since I rarely use either of those figures.

Past history with any model shows they eventually become obsolete as in not supported or seldom supported. I don't see a lot of clothing being made for Dusk, but nearly every male figure has gone that route. I would say M4 is obsolete because hardly anybody ever created clothing for him and still don't. There are only a few vendors who do create for M4, but not nearly as often as they do for V4.

I don't buy the old line male items don't sell. It's just an excuse or the vendor does not have the talent to create anything worth buying. Genesis male figures have a lot of clothing available. If they didn't sell then why are they still creating them?

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2017 at 2:07 PM

whbos posted at 7:48PM Fri, 23 June 2017 - #4308314

I didn't know we could convert V4/M4 clothing for Dawn/Dusk. Is this done automatically or is there a python script or external program that does it? I probably wouldn't use it anyway since I rarely use either of those figures.

Past history with any model shows they eventually become obsolete as in not supported or seldom supported. I don't see a lot of clothing being made for Dusk, but nearly every male figure has gone that route. I would say M4 is obsolete because hardly anybody ever created clothing for him and still don't. There are only a few vendors who do create for M4, but not nearly as often as they do for V4.

I don't buy the old line male items don't sell. It's just an excuse or the vendor does not have the talent to create anything worth buying. Genesis male figures have a lot of clothing available. If they didn't sell then why are they still creating them?

Well there are the usual choices for conversions such as Wardrobe Wizard and CrossDresser, if you have Poser Pro 2014 there is also Dawn FitRoom Helpers from Lyrra which is what I tend to use. All three methods work well, some better than others but that is very dependent on which clothing item is being converted. Some deed a slight tweak in the region of the abdomen and also the neck it the clothing has a high neck line. I think this is due to the fact the Dawn has a neck 1 and 2 and an abdomen 1 and 2. Once posed it is just a case of lining up the two parts where this is the issue. I have less information on conversion for Dusk because I still tend to use M4 for many of my renders. When I do use Dusk i tend to use clothes made for Dusk, but I agree there is not much available.

A couple of other points, I was surprised when I starting using Dawn just how many of my newer items that I had purchased for V4 already a Dawn variant so no conversion was needed. Also Lully has a range of dynamic clothing for Dawn which is invaluable to all those who complain there is only slut wear available for any given figure.

For example - Left - Dynamic Dress for Dawn and Spartan Ops for V4 converted.

Dynam - Spartan Ops Comb .jpg

Goldenthrush ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2017 at 3:00 PM

I can't buy what I can't use, just a reminder to the content makers. And I've no reason to buy a Rendo membership if there's nothing I can use here. :3 Hell, I'm willing to buy just an obj of many clothing products, because then I could at least make them dynamic, or objs of scenes because I can import them. And thank you, sincerely, to the people making Poser content.

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2017 at 3:36 PM

hornet3d posted at 3:34PM Fri, 23 June 2017 - #4308243

I am not knocking Daz or the vendors but I do believe that Daz appeals, in a large part, to artists that want the latest and greatest. Very few buying the latest figure from Daz is doing so without knowing that it will be replaced in around year [snip]

2 years actually. Except for the generation 4s who hung around longer because Poser wasn't updating adequately or at all. 😉

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 6:41 AM

3-DArena posted at 12:39PM Sat, 24 June 2017 - #4308335

hornet3d posted at 3:34PM Fri, 23 June 2017 - #4308243

I am not knocking Daz or the vendors but I do believe that Daz appeals, in a large part, to artists that want the latest and greatest. Very few buying the latest figure from Daz is doing so without knowing that it will be replaced in around year [snip]

2 years actually. Except for the generation 4s who hung around longer because Poser wasn't updating adequately or at all. 😉

Thank you for the correction, I have to admit that I haven't followed the Genesis revolution that closely and, being the age that I am, time seems to move more quickly every year.

Richardphotos ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2017 at 3:33 PM

I purchase new V4 products that I find appealing and have many SSS mats so I simply change the textures on the very old V4 products and clothing as well.

I use Poser, every version since Poser 4 Pro because I enjoy Poser and will continue to enjoy

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2017 at 7:17 PM

whbos posted at 1:06AM Sat, 05 August 2017 - #4308205

galaxiefilm posted at 10:00AM Thu, 22 June 2017 - #4307655

You are right!! I say the same thing all of the time to those Poser haters on DAZ. DAZ would be out of business if it wasn't for Poser and the DAZ fans don't seem to get it. I have even seen posts in their forums where people get downright nasty toward Poser users and wish we would go away. Where were they when DAZ Studio came with a price tag?

I too am seeing a shift from Poser items to mostly DAZ Studio/Genesis 3. To me it seems many vendors are looking to get on the DAZ wagon or perhaps Renderosity will be going the same route as Runtime DNA. As I have said over on DAZ months ago, they killed the competition and hardly create any new Poser models.

There is only a small percentage of vendors who still create for Poser. Maybe five percent if that. There is also no way to filter Poser models on the DAZ3D website which speaks volumes to me. They don't want Poser users. What they have available is mostly from RDNA and it is old stuff from ten years ago that I already have.

I do not know why you think that Daz Users hate Poser Users, everyone is using the program they feel most comfortable with and that is it. I remember YEARS of us Daz users looking for Daz products. Just the same as it now seems with Poser Users looking for Poser content.

We are all Artist, no program creates art on the push of a button, WE, the Artists do it, and it does not matter which program has been used. Vendors want to make money, just like everyone else does in their job. If Daz provides more money than that is what you will find in the Marketplaces. That is nothing to do with hating. As for Daz Users being downright nasty toward Poser Users... that is the same the other way round in some forums. I find it childish and silly. We are all grown up and should enjoy our Art and be happy.

So please do not blame Vendors for wanting to earn money. For a lot of those Vendors, it is a full-time job and they pay their bills so need to create for what is popular, and that seems to be Daz Studio Content. Kind regards Petra

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sat, 05 August 2017 at 12:11 PM

I told Daz before (2-3 years ago) that if it was not for Poser they would not be in business. the poser users made them a wealthy company and enabled them to pay someone to design competing software.

I do admit that daz has kept me using Poser with the advent of Victoria 4.

I sincerely hope that bondware does not go the route of rdna and other providers of content.

if it was to happen(shudders) I would have to reply on my huge runtime to keep me doing renders and where I would post would be up in question.

of course I took advantage of the huge discount on rdna when they sold out to daz. I still yet have to use some of the content

consumer573 ( ) posted Sun, 06 August 2017 at 11:29 AM · edited Sun, 06 August 2017 at 11:44 AM

whbos posted at 12:22PM Sun, 06 August 2017 - #4308301

I have very recently come to like the DAWN character.

The main thing that I like is an extra Abdomen bone that was designed into the character (there is also an extra neck bone, but I'm not sure what this does for me). The extra abdomen bone allows me to extend or shorten the character in a more realistic manner. With the Victoria (4) products you can scale them but the torso has limited "y" (height) manipulation properties whereas in real people torso dimension and leg dimension carry a lot of weight in how two people look side by side.

The thing I don't like about the DAWN base character is that the face is relatively harsh. We need one or two vendors to give the character some better control of facial features. Also I would like a morph that make both eyes move together, as was done in V4++. In 99% of the time eyes point together, yet in 99% of the characters the only conntrol we have of eyes is one at a time and it is, well, time consuming.

While there is limited support for DAWN, there is even less for her male counterpart.

Also I was just looking for a character put out for "Pauline" by tempesta 3d Called "Posy." It was a fairly recent creation yet I cannot find it anywhere. I'm guessing because it was RDNA Daz my have just quietly dropped it.

Smith Micro was spitting out characters but never really putting support behind them. Pauline is an exapmle of a good character thrown to the wolves. I am convinced Smith Micro doesn't understand this space or the people in it. They treat POSER like boxed software. They even have what I call a download tax so rather than keep your purchases on file they expire, unless you pay extra for them t o keep you on file for two years. Most venomous of all, however is the 'kill' switch that says if you have a stand alone computer your Poser 2011 will die if you don't make a special effort to contact Smith Micro and get a code that helps keep it alive.

Eventually I expect there will be a universal mesh standard because not only will we use it here, but I can see it being used to design, fit and sell real clothing for real people who are body scanned, as well as in the medical profession. I don't know, maybe that will take a real group or committee that we don't have yet, something like what exists for other software, transmission, and electronic (Ieee) and mechanical (asme) standards.

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Sun, 06 August 2017 at 1:17 PM

Richardphotos posted at 7:01PM Sun, 06 August 2017 - #4311452

I told Daz before (2-3 years ago) that if it was not for Poser they would not be in business. the poser users made them a wealthy company and enabled them to pay someone to design competing software.

I do admit that daz has kept me using Poser with the advent of Victoria 4.

I sincerely hope that bondware does not go the route of rdna and other providers of content.

if it was to happen(shudders) I would have to reply on my huge runtime to keep me doing renders and where I would post would be up in question.

of course I took advantage of the huge discount on rdna when they sold out to daz. I still yet have to use some of the content

If, when, why, what... it does not really matter. Maybe Poser started it off but Daz took it a whole lot further in their development of the still FREE software Daz3d. Poser is like a Dinosaur and will get * extinct * if they do not start putting more effort in their software, adding new and exciting things and most of all, usable figures that do not get only 2 months of content creation by Vendors but stay interesting like V4.2 and the Genesis line. Smith Micro had their chance to go hand in hand with Daz3d but I guess they do not really want to commit to it as they do not only sell Poser, where Daz3d is committed to stay exciting, develop and bring out characters that will always be exciting to work with. Sadly Poser got left behind, but that is the way this Industry works. I LOVED Poser a lot, but when Genesis came out and the ease of using Genesis I was sold on DazStudio.

If you love your Poser and your work with Poser than that is great, and I still see a lot of Vendors here at Renderosity that create for Poser and V4.2.

I remember when I first started with Daz Studio * before I gone Poser and later back Daz Studio * we had the same dilemma. No one was making things to use in Daz Studio, only a few things Studio came with and we had to convert skins of V3 to look better in Studio.

I know how it feels.

You can also say that Daz3D helped Poser when they came out with V4 because the figures that Smith Micro provided with their software have been bad.

consumer573 ( ) posted Sun, 06 August 2017 at 1:18 PM

3-d-c posted at 2:16PM Sun, 06 August 2017 - #4307691

I still do poser exclusive. .. so check out my store too ;) https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?uid=502620

I look for your stuff all the time. Not to short Kalea or renapd, or Karanta or any of the others. From each of you I have some of your work. Quality art, thank you.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2017 at 1:16 PM

Pretty much all Poser props can be used in DAZ, at least in the 3DLight renderer, it's a little more work using them in IRay. I generally will leave reviews specifying compatibility with DAZ because if an item can be used in both programs, it increases the available pool of potential buyers, and vendors here are going to make what sells.

Can't help you with the Human Figures, there is just too much going for the Genesis family to use any figures for Poser.

As far as any "debt" DAZ has towards Poser... Um. So what exactly do you expect a competing company to do for history?

Use whatever program you want, but unless vendors like to work for free, expect them to make content with the widest possible appeal.

EClark1849 ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2017 at 8:27 AM

I'm currently putting together a Poser vendor content directory. Hopefully, I'll be launching it soon, but just know that there is still plenty of Poser content out there and still plenty content for Poser being made. The problem is finding it because the brokers put their Genesis and Daz products out front and center, obscuring the Poser content. I don't shop much at DAZ any more because I was so certain that there were not that much Poser content there. I was wrong. In looking up the vendors I've found plenty of Poser content both old and new at all the stores, including Renderosity. My directory will identify those vendors who make or have made Poser content and point you to their stuff. Hang in there folks. Help is on the way.

WILL_I_AM ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2017 at 9:40 PM

EClark1849 posted at 7:40PM Wed, 30 August 2017 - #4313168

I'm currently putting together a Poser vendor content directory. Hopefully, I'll be launching it soon, but just know that there is still plenty of Poser content out there and still plenty content for Poser being made. The problem is finding it because the brokers put their Genesis and Daz products out front and center, obscuring the Poser content. I don't shop much at DAZ any more because I was so certain that there were not that much Poser content there. I was wrong. In looking up the vendors I've found plenty of Poser content both old and new at all the stores, including Renderosity. My directory will identify those vendors who make or have made Poser content and point you to their stuff. Hang in there folks. Help is on the way.

Good to hear. Hope it works out.

EClark1849 ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2017 at 6:06 AM

WILL_I_AM posted at 6:02AM Sat, 02 September 2017 - #4313283

EClark1849 posted at 7:40PM Wed, 30 August 2017 - #4313168

Good to hear. Hope it works out.

I currently have a list of well over 200 names of vendors who make or have made content for Poser. And if you're a member of the SM forum you can read more about the directory there. Just look for the thread, "list of Poser Vendors".

modus0 ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2017 at 3:10 PM

[Raindroptheelf]Maybe Poser started it off but Daz took it a whole lot further in their development of the still FREE software Daz3d.[/quote]

FREE (not counting the numerous add-ons to get it's functionality near what Poser has out of the box... And D|S wasn't always free.

Smith Micro had their chance to go hand in hand with Daz3d but I guess they do not really want to commit to it as they do not only sell Poser...

Not quite. The Poser Team decided not to integrate Genesis into Poser for the same reason Daz Studio exists: They didn't want to be tied to the whims, mercy, and fate of another company's program.

If they had accepted, then every time D|S and Genesis got an "under-the-hood" update, then the Poser Team would have had to divert people from working on other Poser updates, or the next version of Poser, in order to put out a patch for Poser that incorporated those updates; because not doing so would tick people off, though with a side-effect of delaying the release of the next proper Poser update/version. And given that Poser generally has a (somewhat) set release schedule, with program updates only when they get enough fixes done, and D|S seems to have a "whenever Daz3d feels like it" update schedule, there would be conflicts between updating. Not to mention whether Daz would give the Poser team enough time to implement their own update before releasing a D|S one.

where Daz3d is committed to stay exciting, develop and bring out characters that will always be exciting to work with.

I disagree, Daz is all about recycling content. Just look at how many different versions of a "Morphing Fantasy Dress" there are (not counting texture sets) in the Daz store.

I remember when I first started with Daz Studio * before I gone Poser and later back Daz Studio * we had the same dilemma. No one was making things to use in Daz Studio, only a few things Studio came with and we had to convert skins of V3 to look better in Studio.

The difference then was that, aside from materials, the majority of Poser content loads, and works, as is inside D|S. From what I've heard, even with the DSON importer, the same cannot be said for moving D|S content to Poser. So it wasn't a big deal if people weren't making D|S-specific content, as the people using D|S could still use it with some tweaking.

But those people making D|S-specific content aren't making anything that Poser users can use properly. And many won't bother with DSON, meaning that they can't use it at all; or they have to put far more effort into getting it to work in Poser (and sometimes jumping through hoops is needed even with the DSON importer).

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2017 at 7:48 PM

modus0 posted at 1:48AM Fri, 15 September 2017 - #4314142

[Raindroptheelf]Maybe Poser started it off but Daz took it a whole lot further in their development of the still FREE software Daz3d.[/quote]

FREE (not counting the numerous add-ons to get it's functionality near what Poser has out of the box... And D|S wasn't always free.

Smith Micro had their chance to go hand in hand with Daz3d but I guess they do not really want to commit to it as they do not only sell Poser...

Not quite. The Poser Team decided not to integrate Genesis into Poser for the same reason Daz Studio exists: They didn't want to be tied to the whims, mercy, and fate of another company's program.

If they had accepted, then every time D|S and Genesis got an "under-the-hood" update, then the Poser Team would have had to divert people from working on other Poser updates, or the next version of Poser, in order to put out a patch for Poser that incorporated those updates; because not doing so would tick people off, though with a side-effect of delaying the release of the next proper Poser update/version. And given that Poser generally has a (somewhat) set release schedule, with program updates only when they get enough fixes done, and D|S seems to have a "whenever Daz3d feels like it" update schedule, there would be conflicts between updating. Not to mention whether Daz would give the Poser team enough time to implement their own update before releasing a D|S one.

where Daz3d is committed to stay exciting, develop and bring out characters that will always be exciting to work with.

I disagree, Daz is all about recycling content. Just look at how many different versions of a "Morphing Fantasy Dress" there are (not counting texture sets) in the Daz store.

The difference then was that, aside from materials, the majority of Poser content loads, and works, as is inside D|S. From what I've heard, even with the DSON importer, the same cannot be said for moving D|S content to Poser. So it wasn't a big deal if people weren't making D|S-specific content, as the people using D|S could still use it with some tweaking.

But those people making D|S-specific content aren't making anything that Poser users can use properly. And many won't bother with DSON, meaning that they can't use it at all; or they have to put far more effort into getting it to work in Poser (and sometimes jumping through hoops is needed even with the DSON importer).

I just have to agree to disagree.

Amaranth ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2017 at 8:30 AM

Most of my Poser content (V4 items) went into clearance, once in clearance it got deleted for not getting any sales.

Amaranth3D

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2017 at 10:02 AM

Well, for a company whose free software has been downloaded millions of times (according to DAZ anyway), they sure seem to be on somewhat shaky financial ground these days — that comes from a couple of merchants to vend there and find DAZ's support... uhm... less than stellar unless you're a top-tier supplier like Stonemason.

As for Poser, Poser users got all POd because Dawn wasnt some hot-yo-mama right out of the box like Vicky. When PP11 was released, that was all the users cared about it — how sexy or not Dawn was. Everything else upgraded in the program didnt matter; it was all about how much usable T&A S/M had provided. True, S/M's flagship characters havent been the best (although the Poser9 guy wasnt too bad, all things considered), but the software itself is lightyears beyond Studio, especially in lighting and animation. It was well worth the lousy 99 bucks I paid for an upgrade to PoserPro 11 last month. If you want more sexiness in your Poser characters, maybe write S/M and tell them? I did. They were appreciative of the feedback. If you're a modeler, maybe pitch them an idea on how to improve these characters?

FWIW. my go-to mesh these days is Kyle 15, whom I've made into a bit of hottie for a toon character. He got zero support from the vendors. ZERO. But thanks to Wardrobe Wizard, I have over 40 megs of stuff available for him. Some of it didnt work as well as I'd hoped, but hauling it into a 3D program and cleaning it up wasnt that difficult. Sometimes, guys, ya just gotta be pro-active about this stuff.

EClark1849 ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2017 at 12:56 PM

SeanMartin posted at 12:52PM Tue, 19 September 2017 - #4314437

Well, for a company whose free software has been downloaded millions of times (according to DAZ anyway), they sure seem to be on somewhat shaky financial ground these days — that comes from a couple of merchants to vend there and find DAZ's support... uhm... less than stellar unless you're a top-tier supplier like Stonemason.

As for Poser, Poser users got all POd because Dawn wasnt some hot-yo-mama right out of the box like Vicky. When PP11 was released, that was all the users cared about it — how sexy or not Dawn was. Everything else upgraded in the program didnt matter; it was all about how much usable T&A S/M had provided. True, S/M's flagship characters havent been the best (although the Poser9 guy wasnt too bad, all things considered), but the software itself is lightyears beyond Studio, especially in lighting and animation. It was well worth the lousy 99 bucks I paid for an upgrade to PoserPro 11 last month. If you want more sexiness in your Poser characters, maybe write S/M and tell them? I did. They were appreciative of the feedback. If you're a modeler, maybe pitch them an idea on how to improve these characters?

FWIW. my go-to mesh these days is Kyle 15, whom I've made into a bit of hottie for a toon character. He got zero support from the vendors. ZERO. But thanks to Wardrobe Wizard, I have over 40 megs of stuff available for him. Some of it didnt work as well as I'd hoped, but hauling it into a 3D program and cleaning it up wasnt that difficult. Sometimes, guys, ya just gotta be pro-active about this stuff.

Actually Sean, I don't remember hearing ONE person saying that V4 was a "hot-yo-mama right out of the box " figure. In fact, for the first few months or so all I heard was how sick everyone was of V4's purple underwear and that she was ugly in her default state. I never thought so personally, but what do I know. If they weren't complaining about one of those two points they were trying to get a V3 figure with a V4 head, so V3's clothes would fit V4.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2017 at 2:54 PM

That was V4. Dawn came out around the time of V12,718, if I remember right (It gets difficult, as they all blend together after a while). And you remember how much folks rhapsodized about her... well, until Vicky 12,719 was released anyway...

EClark1849 ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2017 at 12:13 PM · edited Wed, 04 October 2017 at 12:14 PM

In response to the original poster's query: Where has all the Poser content gone? Find out here: PCVD.png

LadyElf ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2017 at 8:59 PM · edited Thu, 05 October 2017 at 9:05 PM

whbos posted at 8:58PM Thu, 05 October 2017 - #4308215

Richardphotos posted at 10:33AM Thu, 22 June 2017 - #4307780

That sounds like the same story DAZ vendors have been telling about M4 products not selling. Clothing items for Genesis males seem to sell pretty well or they wouldn't keep making them. Either Poser users have given up or the vendors are not making quality products for Poser. That could be the reason why their items are not selling. When is the last time any vendor created something of quality for M4. There are zillions of items for V4, but only one in a thousand items for M4 compared to Vicky.

Nothing sells if it isn't made or if it's poorly constructed.

And maybe that is why the M4 products didn't sell well, including textures for the most part. There were only two or three vendors that made decent M4 textures and probably the same amount for properly constructed or clothing that had any imagination to it. It was very hard to find good stuff for M4 which is sad. As far as V4 things not selling, if they did make available what they made for the Genesis models their sales would have gone up. What they made even for Gen2 (which is usable in Poser) was always much more imaginative then what they made for V4. I think that some vendors just got lazy and churned out the same things over and over again.

We do have some really good vendors that still create for V4. Renapd, Karanta, Maddelirium and P3D-Art are four outstanding Vendors that still do Poser and V4 items.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.