Tue, Oct 22, 9:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: Poser Vendor Web directory...

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2017 at 2:54 PM

Yes, that would be the next step. 🙂

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2017 at 10:59 PM

keppel posted at 11:57PM Tue, 03 October 2017 - #4315147

Email sent as requested.

As of now, you are listed in Scenes and Places, Sci-fi and Fantasy, and Props. If I missed something please let me know.

EClark1849 ( ) posted Mon, 09 October 2017 at 7:57 AM

So was putzing around this weekend and decided to try and list my directory with the search engines. I only did two, Bing and Google. I'll do Yahoo tonight. Just wanted to let you know that I checked and Bing has already started returning results. If you type "Poser Content Directory", the directory comes up first page. Google doesn't mention the directory until page 4 and even then it's listed as the "Poser Weapons Vendor Directory." and that's the index page it will take you to.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 11 October 2017 at 7:42 PM

Just made few changes on the site and posted my new blog for this week. Hope you like it.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 11 October 2017 at 9:01 PM · edited Wed, 11 October 2017 at 9:02 PM

Our animation section, found in the Poses Category, has been opened, but is still under construction. The links do work, but please excuse the mess.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2017 at 10:46 AM · edited Thu, 02 November 2017 at 10:52 AM
Look at me, I'm Santy Claus!

Honestly, I've never heard of Photoscape before, but it is the freebie for the day. It is Freeware Photomanipulation software, like GIMP so this is not a trial period, and as far as I know, you don't have to sign up or anything to download it. Enjoy.

Photoscape

PCVD.png

jmper4 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2017 at 1:49 PM

Terrymcg if he isn't on the list. https://terrymcg.deviantart.com/

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2017 at 4:10 PM

jmper4 posted at 5:08PM Thu, 02 November 2017 - #4317224

Terrymcg if he isn't on the list. https://terrymcg.deviantart.com/

Cool stuff. I didn't even know Deviantart had a store. Still don't know how to shop there or buy anything.

jmper4 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2017 at 4:13 PM

Not really a store per say. You paypal him for the item and he emails you. Pretty efficient, I've bought several of his items.

Same as Summoner: http://freedom-of-art.ucoz.com/publ/

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2017 at 1:57 AM

Another Photoeditor is the Freebie for the day. There is a Mac and Windows version of the software.

Photopad is available commercially and for free as long as you don't use it for commercial use. Here are the program features:

Crop, rotate, resize and flip pictures Touch up photos to remove red-eye and blemishes Adjust the color balance, exposure, levels, brightness, contrast and more Apply photo effects, including oil paint, cartoon, vignette, sepia and preset filters to easily enhance your photos Improve photo quality and focus with blur, sharpening and noise reduction tools Create collages and photo mosaics with your photographs Convert your photo to cross stitch patterns, paint by numbers or add an oil painting effect Quickly edit and enhance photos for your website or social media Photo stitching to make your own panorama images Merge multiple exposures to create stunning HDR photographs Load jpg, gif, png and other popular image formats Add text and captions to photos to post online, add to photo books or to create a new viral meme Insert clipart such as flowers, hearts, mustaches and more from the included clipart library Add frames and borders around your photographs Change the aspect ratio of an image without distorting key features using the liquid resize effect Easily undo, re-order and edit existing effects on the layers list using non-destructive editing Upload edited pictures directly to Facebook or Flickr

Photopad

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2017 at 9:07 AM · edited Fri, 03 November 2017 at 9:09 AM

Okay, technically, I've finished the new Content Creation Category for the directory this morning, BUT, I'm not posting it just yet. I'm going to see if I can find a few more items to add.

Meanwhile, the new sections in the Category are for 3D Modeling Software, like Blender, Max, Hexagon and Silo.

There's also a section on UV Mapping software, and finally, there's a section on Photomanipulation/ editing software like photoshop, GIMP, etc. Also a lot of the freebie's I've been posting have and will come from this category. Almost all of these programs are either Freeware, or have Trial versions you can use to evaluate the software. PCVD.png

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2017 at 12:25 PM

jmper4 posted at 1:19PM Fri, 03 November 2017 - #4317236

Not really a store per say. You paypal him for the item and he emails you. Pretty efficient, I've bought several of his items.

Same as Summoner: http://freedom-of-art.ucoz.com/publ/

I don't consider it the same as Summoner and I won't be listing him until he either opens his own website store or sells his products through a brokerage. You can find Summoner in my directory, but he's listed under Vendor Owned Websites.

EClark1849 ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2017 at 12:08 AM · edited Sat, 04 November 2017 at 12:08 AM

Just to switch up from the last three photo editing programs of the last 3 days. today's freebie is a 45 day trial version of ZBrush from Pixologic.

https://pixologic.com/zbrush/trial/

PCVD.png

jmper4 ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2017 at 3:34 PM · edited Sat, 04 November 2017 at 3:48 PM

*on second thought, I'll drop my comment.

Enjoy your project.

EClark1849 ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2017 at 10:29 PM · edited Sat, 04 November 2017 at 10:29 PM

Change up again. I've been working on the Content Creation Category, so all of these freebies are from that research. Today's freebie is a UV Wrapping software,

LithUnwrap 2017 - Free UV Mapper for Windows

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2017 at 7:17 AM · edited Tue, 07 November 2017 at 7:19 AM

Another Freebie of the day.

Another freebie of the day. This Is Truespace:

From Caligari: This is the full working version--nothing removed or crippled, no time limits or watermarks. Features include: Powerful point editing, smoothing, sweeping, and deformation tools; amazing metaballs and plastiform tools to create organic shapes; multiple spot, local, and infinite lights; full physics simulation engine; bones, skinning, and inverse kinematics for character animation.

A large number of file import and export formats add to the flexibility and compatibility with other programs. Output formats include rendered stills, animation, or VRML. A very active community provides support and interaction. Large selections of 3rd party plug-ins provide extra capabilities.

Truespace free download.

PCVD.png

fazoul ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2017 at 11:14 AM

Just checking. Is there a reason you haven't added http://forender.com/ or http://freedom-of-art.ucoz.com/ or is it because the stuff they sell is "fan art"?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2017 at 5:22 PM · edited Fri, 24 November 2017 at 5:26 PM

fazoul posted at 6:08PM Fri, 24 November 2017 - #4318615

Just checking. Is there a reason you haven't added http://forender.com/ or http://freedom-of-art.ucoz.com/ or is it because the stuff they sell is "fan art"?

I did add FoRender initially, but deleted them later. There have been some allegations made against them, particularly against someone I am personally aware of, and to the best of my knowledge nothing has been done about it. Freedom of Art website is listed in the Online Stores category under the name Summoner. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I have no problem with "Fan Art", provided nothing illegal or dishonest is going on with it. People who sell things through places like Deviant Art troubles me though, even though I have heard people say positive things about the set up. Still, I'm uncomfortable with the idea of what appears to me, at least, to be the online equivalent of someone selling something out of the trunk of a car. I'd just rather not be involved.

image.png

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2017 at 11:49 PM · edited Fri, 24 November 2017 at 11:50 PM

Never used it but http://pixologic.com/sculptris/ is always free .I think .it's like a zBrush lite with triangles.Blenders has sculpting.I really like MudBox ,Very affordable.

Caligari Truespace sold TS to Microsoft. Microsoft never done anything with TS but it Looks like Microsoft used parts of TS in different things.

Why don't you turn your banner in to a link to your site .

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2017 at 6:40 PM

RorrKonn posted at 7:40PM Sat, 25 November 2017 - #4318639

Never used it but http://pixologic.com/sculptris/ is always free .I think .it's like a zBrush lite with triangles.Blenders has sculpting.I really like MudBox ,Very affordable.

Caligari Truespace sold TS to Microsoft. Microsoft never done anything with TS but it Looks like Microsoft used parts of TS in different things.

I'm not sure what the rules are concerning links to other sites on Rendo.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2017 at 10:23 PM

EClark1894 posted at 11:20PM Sat, 25 November 2017 - #4318658

RorrKonn posted at 7:40PM Sat, 25 November 2017 - #4318639

I'm not sure what the rules are concerning links to other sites on Rendo.

I see other users here have links to there sites in there signature . If they can ,It's only fair you can to ,right ?

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2017 at 1:40 AM · edited Sun, 26 November 2017 at 1:43 AM

I don't assume stuff like that on other people's websites. If Boni, Kendra, or one of the other moderators tell me it's okay, I'll do it. It is rather ironic though that I'm signed up as an affiliate for Renderosity, and I'm required to post a link to Renderosity on my website.

3Dpixi ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 12:53 AM · edited Wed, 29 November 2017 at 12:57 AM

Great vendors list .. but where is me as being a loyal Poser vendor ..?!? .. :( :'(

Would love to know the reason and if you all have some advices or requests for product / store improvement please let me know as well

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 1:37 AM

P3D-Art posted at 8:37AM Wed, 29 November 2017 - #4318856

Great vendors list .. but where is me as being a loyal Poser vendor ..?!? .. :( :'(

Would love to know the reason and if you all have some advices or requests for product / store improvement please let me know as well

But you are there.. listed under 'hair' at least

3Dpixi ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 1:57 AM · edited Wed, 29 November 2017 at 1:59 AM

Visited the weblink and me is on it .. !yay! .. Thanx Earl ..!! 😃

.. and thank you DreaminGirl for pointing me to it .. 😃

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 6:00 AM

P3D-Art posted at 6:52AM Wed, 29 November 2017 - #4318858

Visited the weblink and me is on it .. !yay! .. Thanx Earl ..!! 😃

.. and thank you DreaminGirl for pointing me to it .. 😃

I feel I have to re-iterate this. Yes, it is a Poser specific directory. I created it because I was having problems finding Poser specific content at the stores. Everything seemed to be hiding behind Genesis and Studio content. You can't buy it if you can't find it or don't know it's there. That said, most of the vendors listed actually do create products for Daz Studio as well, so Studio users can use this directory as well to find their favorite vendor. The only vendors who have been intentionally excluded from being listed ONLY create products for Daz Studio, or they used DSON. I can't STAND DSON.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.