Thu, Oct 3, 12:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: E-on website?

colvin ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 1:44 PM

Just got this from eon this morning 01/25/2018

e-on software logo-1.png

Statement on the Cyber-Attack at e-on

January 25, 2018

Dear Community of e-on Users —

Safeguarding your personal and financial information is one of our top priorities. In late November 2017, we learned that e-on was the target of an external cyber-attack. Immediately upon learning of the attack, we made every effort to close the security vulnerability. In addition, we engaged one of the world’s leading cybersecurity companies to evaluate our systems and to identify remediation solutions. We shut down the main server on December 19, 2017 after conducting internal security tests on the live production server to thoroughly mitigate the security vulnerability.

What we know—

We have discovered these criminals may have gained unauthorized access to e-on’s servers, for a period of time, dating back to June 2013. Some of the information contained on the affected servers includes names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, order and transaction information, membership information, subscription and maintenance plan information, public forum posts, technical support requests, software license information, and activation information. Based on what we know now, there is no evidence that login passwords and sensitive financial information including banking information and credit or debit card information were compromised as this data was protected by encryption and hashing.

What we are doing in the short term—

As many of you know, Bentley Systems, a leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for advancing infrastructure, acquired e-on in 2015. E-on has been and continues to be, a leader in the creation, simulation, and integration of natural 3D environments.

Bentley takes the privacy of its users to be of the utmost concern, and we are working hard to minimize the disruption to e-on’s users. We are doing everything in our power to make e-on’s systems and security processes more secure. We have set up a temporary website to handle all requests for software activation, software downloads, purchases, technical support, and other requests. During our main server outage, it is necessary that these requests be processed manually by e-on’s software team. We will process all requests as quickly as possible, and in most cases, within 24 to 48 hours upon receipt. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide the 24/7 support that had been available on our self-service website, and requests will temporarily be processed during our home office business hours, 9:00am to 5:00pm (UTC +1:00). We greatly apologize for this inconvenience while we implement new security software tools and procedures, along with a new server infrastructure to safeguard e-on’s website.

What we are doing in the coming months—

We will need to rebuild the e-on e-commerce website and the Cornucopia3D website “from the ground up.” While this will take time, we will re-introduce online services as they are available, and their security has been thoroughly tested. We anticipate that the Cornucopia3D content store will be the last online service to be restored due to its technical complexity. However, we are exploring ways to allow our users to re-download content they have already purchased, and will provide updates on that process as we know more.

The e-on software team and Bentley greatly regrets the inconvenience this data breach may have caused our users. We are committed to do all we can to ensure that all your future experiences with e-on will include the confidence that your data and your personal information is secure. We have a motto at e-on: “Our team is there for you,” and we will work tirelessly to live up to those words and regain your trust.

We will continue to provide updates as we learn more and will keep you posted as services become available.

Regards,

The e-on Software Team

For more information, visit our website

chrysoula ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 7:11 PM

Well.... good to know, I guess.

aeonmoon ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2018 at 4:36 AM · edited Sun, 28 January 2018 at 4:45 AM

Good to hear that there's some information.

I recently bought a new computer for rendering and was about to install my copy of Vue Complete when I realized that the cornucopia3d website was down. While I still have the software on my old pc, I'd rather use the new i9-7900x rig for Vue than the semi-ancient i7-960. Rendering decent skies at high resolution on the i7-960 was a matter of extreme patience.

Too bad they don't have download links on the new website yet since then I could just have plugged in my serial number and started immediately. I'll contact their support today and have it fixed.

From this point and while recovering from the security breaches, I hope that E-on will revamp their store since since it lacked many basic functionalities. They should focus on increasing their revenue from selling user-created content and lower the prices for software updates. This would increase the public usage of their products and likely improve their income substantially, strengthening their market position. In a market where a number of free quality products compete, it's all about building the best store platforms for content. Lower price of base product and upgrades = more customers for the shop and less of a leap of faith for potential new customers.

jugoth ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2018 at 7:14 AM

Have you thought it a new rip off service from them keep site down for long time, when it pops back you cant download your older vue software or update it. Then will get message security problem and we have lost your details apart from vue 16 and above. Seems a new rip off scheme to force you update computer and buy latest vue.

Thenar ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2018 at 2:10 PM

They got hit pretty hard by Hackers as I understand it. They are building a whole new security system and trying to recover assets. I understand also that Vue 2018 is well into development and that is continuing. I had a problem with reinstalling Vue and I was able to reach Walter Beck at Vue Customer service and he took good care of me. So give it a try.

PeterBob ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2018 at 4:30 PM

E-on software is back ....... but i can't find cornucopia3d.com store ! Do you know why ?

Thenar ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2018 at 4:49 PM

I've only heard that they are rebuilding from scratch and it's taking a long time. It's a shame...so many small producers have their websites linked to Cornucopia for sales. I wanted to buy some solidgrowth plants but can't. Patience, I guess.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sat, 24 February 2018 at 4:46 PM · edited Sat, 24 February 2018 at 4:56 PM

Hi It's been a long time since I've been here or doing any 3d work at all since my machine died. I just built a new Intel i7 six core. I want to install vue 9, never found the need to upgrade, but have found recently that something happened to the Eon site. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the activation code for me to install vue? Is there someone I can contact. Can I email support with my serial number? Any help would be great. I never received an email from Eon about the hack so really don't know what to do. Thanks

My Facebook Page

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 24 February 2018 at 5:23 PM

I got a new computer and had to reactivate. The response to my help email was rapid and efficient and personal. I'm really happy with their service, and it is not at all like a big corporation ignoring people like someone mentioned above. I also got some help and advice with my settings too. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2018 at 10:26 AM

Thank you estherau

My Facebook Page

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2018 at 4:38 AM

I wonder what the sellers on the Cornucopia site are doing.....Poor guys:( I would have to re-download some objects and vegetation that are no longer compatible with the version of Vue I have ..... Who knows when it will happen ....

My Store

My Freestuff

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2018 at 9:32 PM

I'm curious if my Vue 9.5 Infinite will ever hook to a web store again.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

HartyBart ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2018 at 1:26 PM

Some people's purchased Cornucopia store content will be locked to the old licence. I'm curious if getting a new licence file fixes this problem?

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

SgtRock1 ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2018 at 2:53 PM

Cornacopia Ever Coming Back ? Reason I ask is I bought metal .mat files there. Anyone Creating .mat files for Vue Id be interested in buying group sets. Metals Plastics Glass Woods ect.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2018 at 5:45 AM

Just visited their website. Obviousley this is their final design, for it has been updated in a while. Is this all to promote a software? I was again tempted to get VUE complete shortley before their server shut down. I am so glad, I resisted.

judyk ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2018 at 5:34 AM

For anyone who is still interested, there are two business entities involved in this subject: E-On Software, which develops and markets the software products and operates as a subsidiary of Bentley Systems since it was acquired by them, and E-On Software, Inc., which stayed in the hands of the erstwhile E-On president, and which still owns the Cornucopia 3D sales site. I've learned this in email correspondence with the Bentley subsidiary while trying to find out what royalties if any I still have outstanding from my time as a vendor on the Cornucopia site. They have been helpful, but in contrast I have had no response to mails I've sent to the current Cornucopia owner, E-On Software, Inc., about royalties. As I was only a vendor for a short time and the amount is likely to be small, I quite frankly don't have the energy to chase that up, but more irritating is the fact that I've also had no response to my final mail to them, asking to be released from my brokering agreement on the grounds that the sales site has gone. That presumably leaves me with restrictions on selling some items on other sites, even though I can't make any money though the Cornucopia site. I don't know what is happening with Cornucopia 3D, and quite possibly it will return again soon, but so far my experience with the new owners has not exactly been positive.

kenmo ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2018 at 1:26 PM

This E-onsoftware / Cornucopia mess has been going on too long. We need a response and some answers.... Enough is enough....

wabe ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2018 at 8:52 AM

A look here might help to understand a bit:

e-on software Q&A

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

kenmo ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2018 at 10:25 AM

This is simply taking too long. And I don't like the stink of it...

parisgranville ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2018 at 8:59 PM

The FAQ's don't really answer the questions we have. Like where can we see all our former purchases. Boy I hope you kept a copy of the receipts.

jugoth ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2018 at 5:25 AM

1 IMPORTANT THING I WANT TO KNOW. DID THEY KEEP BACK UP RECORDS OF YOUR PURCHASES AS I BOUGHT VUE FROM VERSION 6 TO 9 THEN 11. I HAVE STUDIO VERSIONS. CAN I REDOWNLOAD ALL MY VUES BY LOGGING ON WITH MY ACCOUNT IF INFO KEPT? OR WILL I GET MESSAGE SAYING SORRY WE DONT HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT RECORDS SO PLEASE SPEND 3,000 ON A NEW VUE EVAN IF YOU CANT RUN IT.

wabe ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2018 at 12:44 AM

You will get both. From 6 to 9 you will get a "sorry, because of a change in technology we can't provide download links for versions older than Vue 11" and you will get a "yes, no problem - here is your download link for Vue 11".

But a question, why is it so difficult for you to write to e-on support?

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2018 at 1:24 PM

Because some people would rather whine and rant in a forum which can't actually help than contact someone who can.

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

forester ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2018 at 7:01 PM

No, it appears to be more a lack of knowledge about how and why these software changes take place the way they do. Massive frustration, coupled with a fear - "Am I going to get a run-around about stuff I really don't know or understand, if I do contact a big scary institution?" Compounded by a language problem, it seems. ... So, a little charity and patience here, maybe warrented.

HartyBart ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2018 at 8:30 PM

Are the Cornucopia store vendors going to be released from their commitment to E-on's store now, and thus be able to take their content to other stores for sale? Has anyone heard news about that? I presume that Cornucopia was wiped by the hackers and is never coming back. But I had a big wish-list there which I would still like to purchase, and would love to see the Vue content developers start selling again somewhere such as Renderosity.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

Angelsinger ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2018 at 9:03 PM · edited Mon, 01 October 2018 at 9:05 PM

Just sharing 2 things for future reference: one is great, the other is frustrating.

1 - The Great: In mid-July, E-on responded within a day of my request (or sooner!) to my activation requests for 2 REALLY OLD versions of Vue: both Vue 7 Infinite & Vue 6 Infinite.

When I casually mentioned an issue later on, Walther graciously wrote me back with a solution. It was a gesture done in kindness, not obligation. I'm still blown away by that!

2 - The Frustrating: As of today, both versions of Vue are telling me AGAIN that I have a "bad' activation. :(

Basically, right now I'm just tired of Mama E-on forcing me to constantly check in from time to time to use the apps I paid to use ages ago— and grounding me like I'm a guilty child who's up to no good. I wanted to work on & render my scenes without watermarks tonight. But this constant-call-home activation method is ruining my gusto. : (

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2018 at 2:20 AM

"bad activation" means that the installation code you have sent to e-on for activation is not the new one but old. An activation key is ALWAYS based in the new installation code that is created always freshly when the software is installed again. Send the right code to e-on and I'm sure the activation key that you will get back will work.

iloco ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2018 at 9:14 AM

I been away from using Vue for a few years due to sickness in family. Had to buy a new computer with Windows 10. I have found all my Vue versions from Vue 4 to Vue 2014 I installed Vue 6 after getting activation key from wabe by email. For us with older versions of Vue it looks like a one time key would solve a lot of problems. Will install vue 2014 and see if can get a key as fast as tthe one for vue 6. Got my key with in 24 hrs which was fast.

ïÏøçö

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.