Wed, Oct 2, 10:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 1:56 pm)

Subject: PBR leather materials what node is specular

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2018 at 10:53 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 1:33 AM

Hi, I am creating some PBR leather materials what node do I put the specular map in? Your advice is appreciated. Cheerio lululee

Razor42 ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2018 at 6:19 PM

Generally PBR materials don't use a Specular map in the same way a legacy material does, but if you are looking to create a PBR material using legacy style textures the best place to put it would be in the Glossy Layered Weight slot. "This controls the glossy properties for the base layer of the shader."

Here is a good reference point for what each setting does on a PBR Specular glossy Uber shader does in DS.

Iray Uber Shader Overview

There are some good general PBR guides available here also:

https://www.allegorithmic.com/pbr-guide

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2018 at 9:13 PM

Thanks so much Razor42. I'll definitely look into those resources as I am totally enthralled with PBR materials and the quality Daz Studio renders them. Quite impressive. Cheerio lululee

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.