Thu, Oct 3, 3:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 9:13 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: EASTER 2018 GRAB BAG

dragonwulf ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2018 at 4:39 AM ยท edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 3:16 PM

Hi I ordered a product here to get the easter grab bag got the product I ordered but not the grab bag but also got angela3d dawn eyes which I never ordered but was not charged for? kind regards Roger alias Dragonwulf

-renapd- ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2018 at 7:24 AM
Site Admin

THe Angela3D Dawn Eyes product that you got for no charge IS the grab bag gift! What you get with each purchase is a random selection of the system of all the various submissions donated by our vendors from their stores.

Read all the details at the article please! :)

https://www.renderosity.com/easter-grab-bag-event-cms-20080

Happy Easter! :)

Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

dragonwulf ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2018 at 4:17 PM

Hi Rena, thanks never read it properly thought the easterbunny package was the grab event

Happy Easter

Roger

Richardphotos ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2018 at 10:29 PM

first I would like to thank all the vendors that offered products for the promotion. very generous

I ended up with Edo Fashion - Night Dress 113162594 and Guardian by mytilus 113162587 both previously purchased. however I purchased products that I had been wanting

-renapd- ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 2:58 AM
Site Admin

RIchard, if you had them already purchased, on Tuesday when everybody is back to the office you may exchange them! :)

QUOTING from the rules:

"Store Staff will not be offering exchanges unless the Grab Bag item has been previously purchased by the recipient."

So cheer up and Happy Easter! :)

Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

consumer573 ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 5:11 AM ยท edited Sat, 31 March 2018 at 5:11 AM

I received a very nice and generous grabbag item but I was also doubly disappointed. First, since I have Poser software but not DAZ it is an item that won't work for me. Equivalent of not getting a grabbag. Second, since it is a really nice item I'm frustrated that I can't use it.

It was a nice and thoughtful effort, though.

-renapd- ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 6:53 AM
Site Admin

Unfortunately the system can not make the distinction between Poser/DS users to deliver proper software gifts plus the choice of items donated (to be software compatible) is entirely up to the vendors' choice.

Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

Butterfly_Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 8:29 AM ยท edited Sat, 31 March 2018 at 8:30 AM

I got the Easter Grab Bag to and I am a little sad about it. I got Underwater Bedroom for DS and I am a Poser user only. It's a good an fantastic Idea but i can not use it :(

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 11:33 AM

thanks renapd and have a safe weekend

wakingdreams ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 1:43 PM

Yup my experience was similar to what others said, as a Poser user I did 2 purchases and only got stuff i can't use. I mean I get it, it is hard to tell who is a poser user and who is a daz user, but there are lots of items out there that both can use. Would be great in the future for a event like this to have vendors keep that in mind if they agree to take part. I know that i won't be anxious to participate again due to that. And I really was ready to spend some more money this weekend too :/

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 4:29 PM

it does not cost anything except to the vendor that provided the grab items. what one purchases to take part in it, surely is worth the purchase

wakingdreams ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 5:08 PM

Richardphotos posted at 5:04PM Sat, 31 March 2018 - #4327216

it does not cost anything except to the vendor that provided the grab items. what one purchases to take part in it, surely is worth the purchase

I don't disagree with you, but I tend to try to catch things on sales or special offers (due to my personal budget) so participating in a sale like this for fun to get something unexpected for free is on paper great, but when the possible options to get only appeal to one portion of the buyers it can be a bit frustrating. I;m not holding it against anybody, I just wish that the free items were something a bit more universal between platforms. I'm allowed to wish!

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 6:30 PM

I am in the same creek without a paddle. I try and watch how much I purchase and try to get things on sale

mazzam ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 6:33 PM

In order 113163205 I received item Lil Kendra for G3F which is of no use to a Poser user. Wondering if there are any Poser products being offered and if so how do I arrange to get one of them.

consumer573 ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2018 at 6:19 AM ยท edited Sun, 01 April 2018 at 6:32 AM

wakingdreams posted at 7:13AM Sun, 01 April 2018 - #4327204

Yup my experience was similar to what others said, as a Poser user I did 2 purchases and only got stuff i can't use. I mean I get it, it is hard to tell who is a poser user and who is a daz user.... :/

Actually, on Rendo's side when you add the icon to your basket there's at least two ways to accomplish this. The first is to create a checkbox when you put the GrabBag item into your basket, which is an extra step Rendo has you do anyway. The second is even simpler; to create three grab bag icon choices, only one of which can be put into the basket. They answer the question, "which would you like?", respectively, Poser Only, Daz Only, or Both. I suspect the majority now will be either Daz or Both, with my Poser increasingly becoming more of a minority, but I could be surprised. For more minority items like Bryce or Carrara you could probably leave things as they are such that you may get one of these whether you're Daz or Poser, the bigger divide right now.

At the same time Rendo can now keep accurate track of how many Poser shoppers there are during the sale vs how many Daz buyers there are and how many are both. As a customer, I'd also like to see Rendo share those general results. I'd be interested in seeing what percentage were what type of user during sales like this and how it changes with time.

I'm not particularly upset; It's just this sale didn't pertain to me; it missed the target.

Doc000 ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2018 at 9:32 AM

I'm strictly a Poser user as well. I bought something yesterday and the grab bag gave me something I could use. I bought something this morning and got something only for Studio.

The sad thing is, the Studio product I received ALSO COMES IN A POSER VERSION. Unfortunately, I'm not given the choice of which one I prefer.

I do appreciate giveaways like this, but there's got to be a better way to do it. Either there needs to be some sort of preference setting that allows customers to say whether they prefer Poser or DS stuff only (or both), or vendors should only offer things that can be used by all.

FeePC ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2018 at 6:37 PM

I got two poser items, and I'm a DAZ user only. So, nice idea, but empty egg/grab bag for me. I would really appreciate if the store would offer a Poser and a DAZ grab bag next time.

wakingdreams ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2018 at 7:34 PM

carlablackstream posted at 7:34PM Sun, 01 April 2018 - #4327279

I got two poser items, and I'm a DAZ user only. So, nice idea, but empty egg/grab bag for me. I would really appreciate if the store would offer a Poser and a DAZ grab bag next time.

Well I do feel a bit better knowing that it doesn't just happen to poser users.. Absolutely agree there should have been 2 options!

tattooedillusions ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2018 at 6:59 PM

I'm a DAZ user that doesn't mind some poser stuff if I can use it by tweaking surface settings for iray, autofitting, etc so I generally don't pose a fit when I get something for poser but one purchase really got to me. The grab bag item turned out to be an outfit for poser (no big deal there) BUT it was, 1, for Victoria (yes that's right V1), 2, no longer available for purchase, 3, by a vendor not on the grab bag list and 4, the vendor is not even a vendor here anymore lol.

CybersoxXIII ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2018 at 3:40 PM
Online Now!

Butterfly_Nancy posted at 3:32PM Tue, 03 April 2018 - #4327181

I got the Easter Grab Bag to and I am a little sad about it. I got Underwater Bedroom for DS and I am a Poser user only. It's a good an fantastic Idea but i can not use it :(

I'd swap the copy of Hot Twisted Lights for Poser 6+ Vol. 2 I got in one of my grab bags with you if I could... :/ that said, I got quite a few grab bags and that was the only one that doesn't work at all in my software of choice, so Rendo did a lot better in this respect than they did last year.

CybersoxXIII ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2018 at 3:52 PM
Online Now!

tattooedillusions posted at 3:41PM Tue, 03 April 2018 - #4327359

I'm a DAZ user that doesn't mind some poser stuff if I can use it by tweaking surface settings for iray, autofitting, etc so I generally don't pose a fit when I get something for poser but one purchase really got to me. The grab bag item turned out to be an outfit for poser (no big deal there) BUT it was, 1, for Victoria (yes that's right V1), 2, no longer available for purchase, 3, by a vendor not on the grab bag list and 4, the vendor is not even a vendor here anymore lol.

Yeah... that sounds like something went wrong with the selection process completely and you should be owed an exchange if they gave you a product by a vendor they don't even represent anymore. In previous years' grab bags I've received texture sets for products that weren't being sold at Rendo anymore, but I didn't get any texture-set only products at all this time around so I think they did better overall. Of course, I did get a bunch of poser dynamic outfits, but fortuitously those can be used in DAZ studio now with either D-force or VWD.

CybersoxXIII ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2018 at 3:58 PM
Online Now!

Doc000 posted at 3:56PM Tue, 03 April 2018 - #4327253

I'm strictly a Poser user as well. I bought something yesterday and the grab bag gave me something I could use. I bought something this morning and got something only for Studio.

The sad thing is, the Studio product I received ALSO COMES IN A POSER VERSION. Unfortunately, I'm not given the choice of which one I prefer.

I do appreciate giveaways like this, but there's got to be a better way to do it. Either there needs to be some sort of preference setting that allows customers to say whether they prefer Poser or DS stuff only (or both), or vendors should only offer things that can be used by all.

You know, you could write to the PA and ask them to authorize an exchange. I've had to do that a few times in the past when a grab bag item I received is something that I've previously bought from another store.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.