Thu, Sep 19, 3:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:48 pm)

Subject: Two handed weapons

Ironhurricane13 ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2018 at 11:33 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 12:46 PM

Okay so I want to make a the Ryan character use a two handed weapon and I want both his hands to mone with the weapon but i can’t figure it out I tried groups, constraints, and parenting what I’m I doing wrong

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2018 at 12:27 PM

You can only parent a prop to one body part. What I would do, is parent the sword to the characters dominate hand, and then pose the character accordingly to get both hands on the sword. The animation would be work instensive, but doable...

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2018 at 12:35 PM · edited Sun, 11 November 2018 at 12:40 PM

Assuming the character is right handed, parent the weapon to right hand. Now parent the left hand to the right hand and turn on IK for the left arm. Now make your poses ONLY by using the right arm. Both the weapon AND the left arm should move with the right arm.

Let me make that clearer. You want both the weapon AND the figure's LEFT hand parented to the figure's right HAND. But you want IK turned on ONLY for the left arm. Get back to me and let me know how that works out for you.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2018 at 3:19 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

You can parent both hands to the sword. Have the sword parented to the universe. Turn the IKs on for your hands and parent the hands to the sword. when you move the sword, the hands will move. This isn't ideal as premade poses don't work well. It may make it more difficult to create animations.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Ironhurricane13 ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2018 at 3:38 PM

the hands won’t parent to the weapon it only parents the whole figure

Ironhurricane13 ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2018 at 3:38 PM

The whole figure moves

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2018 at 6:17 PM · edited Sun, 11 November 2018 at 6:17 PM

Ironhurricane13 posted at 7:14PM Sun, 11 November 2018 - #4339547

the hands won’t parent to the weapon it only parents the whole figure

Are you using the **Object ** menu to parent the weapon to the hand? Do NOT use the Figure menu. Be sure to select the individual body part.

Ironhurricane13 ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2018 at 7:01 PM

Omg thank you guys you helped so much

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2018 at 6:11 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Sorry, I forgot about that part. I usually parent using the hierarchy menu.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2018 at 7:57 AM

RedPhantom posted at 8:47AM Mon, 12 November 2018 - #4339576

Sorry, I forgot about that part. I usually parent using the hierarchy menu.

There are two hierarchy menus for parenting. But they are for different purposes. The one under the Figure menu will affect the whole figure, like parenting two whole figures together Like adding clothes to a figure. The one under the Object menu will let you be more precise about what you want to parent together. In my experience, this is the one you will use most often for weapons, balls, props lights, and even individual body parts.

Ironhurricane13 ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2018 at 9:53 AM

Any tips for moving a figure with ik turned on with both hands it kinda works how i want, but it seams like the arms break( dont know the term) really easily

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.