Mon, Sep 9, 5:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Import pz3 files--error invalid serial number of Poser. HELP PLEASE!!!

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 5:06 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 7:33 PM

I am using Vue 4 with patched, and Poser 4 with ProPack. When I try to import pz3 files Vue tells me that I have an invalid serial number of Poser. Anyone can help me with this problem? Thank you so much! Catharina

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 5:27 AM

Hi Catharina, I don't know what causes that except maybe that Vue 4 was designed based more on Poser 4 and not the PPP. I don't know that for certain, and it's just a guess. The only suggestion I have is from the E-on website: Find your Poser EXE filr and rename it from poser.exe to poser.exe. That's not a typing error, and yes it's the same name, but it seems to have worked for others for some reason. Maybe try the same thing with your PPP, as well. If that doesn't work, the only thing I could suggest is to contact support@e-onsoftware.com. They seem to have built a serial checker into Vue 4 when it comes to Poser, posibly as part of whatever deal they made with Curious Labs, but something seems to have gone wrong, when it comes to people using the PPP. Have you tried it with Poser 4 scenes, or only PPP?

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 5:48 AM

MikeJ, I tried to use it with Poser4 scenes and I get that self message. Where can I find the Poser EXE filr ? Thank you, Catharina

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 5:53 AM

Sorry, Catharina, I spelle it wrong. It was supposed to say, "file" In whatever folder your Poser program is installed, in the main directory, you will find a file named poser.exe That's the one you want. Every Windows program has a "whatever".exe file in it's main directory, for that matter.

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 6:05 AM

It don't work, I get still message about the serial number. I contact the Vue support for help, maybe they will help me, if not :-O I buy the Vue4 only that I can import the scenes from Poser4 and what you get back? a big 0 Thank you for your help! Catharina

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 6:23 AM

Try reinstalling Poser, would be my other suggestion. Maybe a fresh re-install would cause Vue to recognize it. i don't think you'll only get a "big 0" out of this, because I'm sure it's something simple. Another member had the same problem, and I'm sure it was solved by reinstalling Poser.

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 6:25 AM

Or that is, I know the serial number problem was solved, and I'm pretty sure it was simply due to reinstalling.

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 6:38 AM

I reinstalling Poser4 but I still get the message again. I think I will reinstall Vue and let you know what happend.

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 6:56 AM

I reinstalling Poser4 and reinstalling Vue ad the new updates for Vue I ad new pad for Poser4 and still it not work.

arctic1 ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 7:42 AM

Just a suggestion, as someone new to Poser and Vue, but when I did my installation I installed Poser first, and then installed Vue 4. When Vue4 was installing it asked for the location of poser.exe as i recall, after all that it worked fine and recognised the pz3 file no problem. It may be something very simple as the order of installation ie Poser then Vue, but thats my guess for the day!

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 8:01 AM

artic1, I will try again ans see if that work ! Thanks

gebe ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 8:37 AM

I also had this and some other problems until I found out that Poser has to be CLOSED before you import a pz3 file into Vue. Costs nothing to try :-) Guitta

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 9:03 AM

Sorry but it don't work! I use Windows 200O Pro maybe that is the problem?

tesign ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 9:53 AM

Hello Catharina...this is Bill. What you can do and should work but I can't promise anything. When you Uninstall Poser and Vue 4, make sure you go to your Explorer manager and delete all the folder and files resifue related to Vue and Poser. If you have anything important in your "Poser Runtime" amke a copy of it (so tthat you don't have to rinastall all your model etc..again) and do the same for Vue Plants (Folder). After this, go to "regedit" thru "MSDOS" mode and look for anything that is Poser (Curiouslab) or Vue (e-on) files or sub folder under "Hkey/software" and have them deleted. Also checck your Windows "Temp" file and clear them. After this reboot and start your installation again and like Artic1 said, install Poser first, then Vue. This would ensure the installation is clean and that there are no instuctions from past installation from the Window registery. Works "Wholesale" for me all the time. If you still can't, like Mike say, there is a serialize check me check him thingy going on between CL and E-on, and in this case, you may have to get a new Serial number with CL which is a "must" registered copy...especially with PPP. Good luck. Alos make sure your PPP update is up to Service Pack 3 to avoid any problem. Good luck.

droyd ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 12:51 PM

Hi Catharina, I'm too new to Vue to be an expert. I just thought I'd give you a possible solution just so you can get the PZ3 into the program. Vue seems quite quirky about how it works with Poser. At first it imported the PZ3's for me, then it didn't, now it does again. When it wouldn't accept the poser.exe location and refused to import the PZ3, I decided to try "load object" instead of "import object" and it brought the PZ3 in fine. Again due to the fact you're using propack this may or may not work but it's worth a try. droyd

MeInOhio ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 3:30 PM

I have Poser 4.03 and the ProPack with the lastest Service Update. I also have Vue4 with the 4.01 patch. I have the 4.02b patch as well, but I haven't installed it yet. I wanted to see what others said about it before I took the plunge, as 4.02 had problems. Anyway, I installed Poser first and then Vue, which I got later. I have never seen the error mentioned above. But I think I import my models by the method droyd mentioned above. I click on an icon on the left side of the screen about midway down. It opens a dialogbox with some models displayed in the middle. At the bottom are three buttons. I choose the one that says file and then I browse to the location where my pz3 file is. I've never had any problem with this. And if there's another way to bring a pz3 file in, I guess I didn't know it. Hope this method helps. Kevin

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 3:39 PM

Object > Import... is the usual way of bringing in a PZ3, but if those other ways also work, keep using 'em! :)

dmartin ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 7:05 PM

I am using Vue4 and poser W/propack on windows 2000 and I haven't had any trouble with it. david

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 7:51 PM

I'm sorry to hear it hasn't worked, Catharina. is your Poser version 4.03? And for all the others who replied to this, I thank you much for all the info. Believe me, this will come up again, and people will be sent back to this very thread. So, consider yourselves famous...... Thanks. :)

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 11:33 PM

I'm pretty sure Catharina would be using the 4.03 Poser, but that reminds me of the Vue patches! Catharina, did you install the 4.01 patch for Vue 4? There are two patches for Vue 4: 4.01 and 4.02b. The 4.01 is necessry for fixing several of the Poser import difficulties that people were having. So if you don't already have the 4.01 patch on Vue, install that, then try the PZ3 import again. :)

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 5:07 AM

Thank you to all for the help. Yes I have all what I need Vue 4: 4.01-4.02b Poser4.03 on LEGAL CD-R from Curious Labs and I don't have any time more to do all again, it cost me the whole day and I get well the big O, I will try in the next days again to fix the problem. I think what for idea from Vue and Curious Labs to do this to the user. there I get answer from Vue Support: Make sure you have the latest updates from Curious Labs. If that's the case and you still get the message, then it means that there is something wrong with your Poser Serial Number. You should contact Curious Labs. There's nothing we can do about that I'm afraid. Regards. ------------------- P.S Ok I must contact Curious Labs but WHY? I have problem with Vue and not with Poser4, they made the idiot serial number check in Vue and I am very angry. But HELLO I get some help from people into my e-mail and I hope I will fix this today. Thank you to all, Catharina

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 5:18 AM

Perhaps there's a conflict in the registry between your Poser 4 serial number and your Poser Pro Pack serial number.

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 9:22 AM

I have 2 computer on one I use Poser4 windows 2000 NT and Vue4 on the other Windwos ME Poser4 Pro Pack with Vue 3.1 I made all ok and I have good serial I instal the update for Vue 4.2b and that make problem now. Thanks all for the help, I get this final!

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 11:22 AM

Are you saying it worked?

Varian ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 11:49 AM

It worked until you installed the 4.02b?

MeInOhio ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 2:54 PM

I don't know if this makes the difference or not. But I didn't know in my earlier post what the button I was clicking on was called, so I checked. I click on the Load Object button and then browse to where I store the Poser pz3 files. I see a list and I pick the one I want and it loads my poser model into the scene. It sounds to me like others use the import button. Right? If you haven't already, you might try both to see if either one makes a difference. But maybe the difference is the 4.02b patch. I haven't tried that yet. Kevin

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 4:15 PM

Kevin, I generally use the Objects>Import way, but that's just because it's quicker than Objects>Load Object>File. Every now and then when I'm in a hurry I'll accidentally do it the second way, but there is no difference, at least on my machine. But, it is a good suggestion, and if there's one thing I've learned about Vue, is you just have to try different things. You know: Vue funny sometime, LOL!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.