Thu, Sep 19, 9:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:32 am)

Subject: Movie Sets,City Block Set products to be reworked for Daz?

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2019 at 5:42 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 6:35 PM

Hello Daz Studio Fans,

I am thinking about converting all of my Poser Movie Sets, City Blocks Sets to work in Daz Studio.

Would like to know how much interest there is for that to happen.

Some things would obviously not work the same in Studio such as my Grass and the road puddles.

I think snow is out of the question, or at least I think so.

I am talking about Movie Sets, City Blocks 1 - 20 and beyond

as well as

Low Poly Blocks 1 - 9 and beyond

Please let me know if you are interested in this happening.

By the way, all who are wanting to know, I am done selling at other sites.

Just too much stress, as well as this is my home!

I have missed working with Jenn and others here.

Much more friendly, IMO.

Tom

tparo ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2019 at 8:57 AM

I'd be very interested. but I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to do the puddles grass or snow for DS other vendors manage to produce products with these elements.

Grey_cat ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 9:43 AM
Online Now!

I use your city blocks as background in my comic. They render just fine in DAZ studio. I don’t know if I’d be willing to re buy them just to have grass.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 10:36 AM

I use city blocks in DAZ too without a problem. My suggestion would be to model new ones to work in both rather than spending the time to rework the old ones. If you did want to make material changes specifically for DAZ I would do that as an add on rather than as a reworking of the model. We are all used to loading props from the Poser Library into DAZ scenes.

Disciple3d ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 2:25 PM

You know, I'd say if the update is somehow better looking than loading the Poser versions I've already purchased and running the Iray Converter script which takes me a few minutes per product, then yeah, I'd be interested. To be worth another purchase at least for me I'd hope there's be something different be it lights or an HDRI or something. I've gotten swell results already with the Country home and the script, Of course I don't own a alot of your sets so having a DS version would certainly increase my chance of making the buy.

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 10:22 PM · edited Thu, 07 February 2019 at 10:22 PM

I don’t use DS as much as PP11 but I think it is commercially prudent to offer DS products as well, since you already have the base geometries in place. It is mainly the morphs and shaders that need conversion or modification.

Eternal Hobbyist

betsy662 ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2019 at 3:10 PM

Since I use DS all the time, and have also been using your Movie Sets as well as Low Poly sets in DAZ Studio, everything works okay, even when rendering in the Iray render engine, as I've mentioned before, and this has always been the issue when using the Movie Sets in DAZ studio, whether rendering in Iray or 3DLight, the grass and flowers in some of the sets doesn't work very well, simply because of the differences between Poser and DS, I for one haven't figured out how to get around the issue, but then I'm just a novice at working with 3D models, water puddles and rain I have figured out, since I usually use your sets as a scene within a scene, ie. I simply load them into an already set seen, usually Iray Skydome Superpak, sometimes Terradome 3, that gives me all of the atmosphere I need, and any background I might need as well, when I need rain, I have Flinks Rain which also works in Iray very well, as well as other types of rain, snow? Not so much!

betsy662 ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2019 at 3:16 PM

A Stroll Up Blake Ave..jpg Here is an example of how it comes out in Iray, City Blocks 4 and 7 as well as Low Poly 3 were used in this scene.

tparo ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2019 at 2:56 AM

betsy662 posted at 8:53AM Fri, 15 February 2019 - #4345994

A Stroll Up Blake Ave..jpg Here is an example of how it comes out in Iray, City Blocks 4 and 7 as well as Low Poly 3 were used in this scene.

Good example of why we could do with some proper Iray mats for the sets. The buildings on the right appear to be glowing making them look very out of place in the night scene.

Madbat ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2019 at 8:56 AM

I can't comment on things like snow since I don't have any of your products that use it, but the rest converts ok enough. The only thing that might be needed for Iray is good quality displacement and normal maps, otherwise it's pretty noticeable, Iray really tends to make things stand out, especially for stuff in the foreground. Looking at the texture folder, for city block 4 and block 5, those would just need normal maps, maybe displacement for some of the textures, and luminosity maps for neon and lights. They are small enough that there wouldn't be a big resource impact when loading a few blocks either. Stonemason had to start adding normal, lumenosity and translucency maps when he moved over to Daz/Iray, otherwise his maps are similar to yours in terms of quality. Your diffuse maps look a bit more resource friendly actually. I can see them selling well, you always had prime content here.

Disciple3d ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2023 at 10:50 AM

To update my response, I've started collecting absolutely everything you release for Daz Studio so the answer from me is now a resounding YES! Please do create Studio versions of some of those amazing and massive sets.

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

DocPhoton ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 10:30 PM

I've several of these sets, acquired during my Poser days & migrated to Daz.  But, I export everything out of Daz (in my case Lightwave). OBJ's usually for "inorganics" such as sets & most mechanicals and FBX for anything that that has morphs; characters, hair & wardrobe.

I don't think they need to be reworked per se, although updated textures wouldn't hurt.  And to some extent that's what I've been doing on some items to convert to PBR maps.  And by doing that I've some shots combining the Movie Sets, Daz items, and Kit Bash models and they blend quite well.

8BO19RXfuu72bsTVtXeXXgEjbCZCHu2qUEoPcXUd.jpg

thenicerguy ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2023 at 1:53 PM

By the way, if nobody mentioned it... THANK YOU for the wonder city you have created.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.