Sat, Oct 5, 1:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:52 am)

Subject: Poser Has a New Base Figure!!

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 1:24 PM

OK here's the turntable video. I must have uploaded it wrong the first time ....

Asian Flower turntable video

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 1:33 PM

Deecey posted at 1:32PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345703

OK here's the turntable video. I must have uploaded it wrong the first time ....

Nice! If I saw her on the street I would guess she's Filipina.

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 1:37 PM

randym77 posted at 2:36PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345705

Deecey posted at 1:32PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345703

Nice! If I saw her on the street I would guess she's Filipina.

You know, I can't remember the face I used as a reference, but I do remember it saying she was Filipina. Awesome, then I must have done something right LOL

freyfaxi62 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 1:39 PM

I sometimes think that us Poser User's are our own worst enemies :( OK..so LaFemme ISN"T perfect..given the limitations of Poser itself, NO figure can be perfect. People are loosing sight of the fact that LaFemme is marketed as a BASE figure..it's still a work in progress. She's only been in the market place for a week or so, there's already a good amount of "extras" out there designed especially for her. I, for one am happy with the potential she has for the future. Congratulations to all those who've worked on bringing her and her extras to the Poser world. :)

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 2:37 PM ยท edited Sat, 09 February 2019 at 2:41 PM

freyfaxi62 posted at 3:26PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345707

I sometimes think that us Poser User's are our own worst enemies :( OK..so LaFemme ISN"T perfect..given the limitations of Poser itself, NO figure can be perfect. People are loosing sight of the fact that LaFemme is marketed as a BASE figure..it's still a work in progress. She's only been in the market place for a week or so, there's already a good amount of "extras" out there designed especially for her. I, for one am happy with the potential she has for the future. Congratulations to all those who've worked on bringing her and her extras to the Poser world. :)

To model a lot of detail into a BASE figure would be a big mistake. It's a lot more difficult to morph detail OUT than it is to morph detail IN.

Yes, the G2 figures were very good figures in their day, I especially liked Miki and Sydney. BUT ... and this isn't a "dissing" but, but a "real fact" but .... it was hard to un-Miki Miki, and ESPECIALLY difficult to un-Sydney Sydney. For that reason, it makes more sense to make a base figure as generic as possible.

Yes, La Femme is somewhat stylized. And no, she's not perfect. No doubt about it. But her shape is a style that has become very popular over the years and is pretty much Gabe's trademark style. Look at GND for Victoria 4. Similar shape. GND for Alyson. Similar shape. Very popular add on for those figures.

I'm not sure how many in this thread were around when Victoria 1 first came out. I'm not talking V4, I'm talking V1. OMG, she caused quite the uproar. The reactions were very mixed, some saying "Posette 4 evah!" and others snapping her up with zeal. The addons didn't come all at once. At the time of her release I think she had a bikini and a ponytail. If I remember correctly, the total was around 135 for the base figure (no morphs), the bikini, and the hair. The rest came over time. Support for V1 didn't build up overnight.

Then there was a V2, which was basically V1 with morphs added to her.

Then V3, which really expanded her and IIRC that is when additional character variations started coming. Stephanie and Aiko ... I can't remember if The Girl came with the Mil 3 or Mil 4 generation.

V4 was when things really took hold, though, and even then she came out in three releases. First V4, then V4.1 and V4.2 as later updates with fixes. And the rest is history.

The community appears to be embracing La Femme, which is a good thing. I hope to see it continue. And I thank everyone again for your enthusiasm, it's greatly appreciated.

philebus ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 2:47 PM

Deecey posted at 8:42PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345711

freyfaxi62 posted at 3:26PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345707

To model a lot of detail into a BASE figure would be a big mistake. It's a lot more difficult to morph detail OUT than it is to morph detail IN.

Yes, the G2 figures were very good figures in their day, I especially liked Miki and Sydney. BUT ... and this isn't a "dissing" but, but a "real fact" but .... it was hard to un-Miki Miki, and ESPECIALLY difficult to un-Sydney Sydney. For that reason, it makes more sense to make a base figure as generic as possible.

Yes, La Femme is somewhat stylized. And no, she's not perfect. No doubt about it. But her shape is a style that has become very popular over the years and is pretty much Gabe's trademark style. Look at GND for Victoria 4. Similar shape. GND for Alyson. Similar shape. Very popular add on for those figures.

I'm not sure how many in this thread were around when Victoria 1 first came out. I'm not talking V4, I'm talking V1. OMG, she caused quite the uproar. The reactions were very mixed, some saying "Posette 4 evah!" and others snapping her up with zeal. The addons didn't come all at once. At the time of her release I think she had a bikini and a ponytail. If I remember correctly, the total was around 135 for the base figure (no morphs), the bikini, and the hair. The rest came over time. Support for V1 didn't build up overnight.

Then there was a V2, which was basically V1 with morphs added to her.

Then V3, which really expanded her and IIRC that is when additional character variations started coming. Stephanie and Aiko ... I can't remember if The Girl came with the Mil 3 or Mil 4 generation.

V4 was when things really took hold, though, and even then she came out in three releases. First V4, then V4.1 and V4.2 as later updates with fixes. And the rest is history.

The community appears to be embracing La Femme, which is a good thing. I hope to see it continue. And I thank everyone again for your enthusiasm, it's greatly appreciated.

The original Stephanie and Aiko were second generation figures and built from the Michael 1/2 mesh but they didn't have much of an impact. Strictly, we could also class the first round of kids as variations - I believe they were built from the V1/2 mesh. The GIRL was not a variation though - she was a figure designed by Kim Goossens who sold her to DAZ under the initial condition that he did the conversion himself. She was contemporary to the third Generation though and with the fourth generation, she was integrated into V4 as a base morph.

You are right though, every new DAZ base figure has had its detractors.

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 2:55 PM

philebus posted at 3:54PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345712

The original Stephanie and Aiko were second generation figures and built from the Michael 1/2 mesh but they didn't have much of an impact. Strictly, we could also class the first round of kids as variations - I believe they were built from the V1/2 mesh. The GIRL was not a variation though - she was a figure designed by Kim Goossens who sold her to DAZ under the initial condition that he did the conversion himself. She was contemporary to the third Generation though and with the fourth generation, she was integrated into V4 as a base morph.

You are right though, every new DAZ base figure has had its detractors.

OH YES! That's right! Stephanie was a Michael-based mesh. I forgot all about that. I actually preferred Stephanie over Victoria, I liked her petite style. And I was absolutely in love with Aiko!

But yes. EVERY new figure. EVERY one. Always received with mixed reactions. I think that's the Poser way. LOL

philebus ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 2:56 PM

I'm just having a quick play with the new figure now and have to say that it looks very promising to me. The HD morph pack is, as I'd expect from Blackhearted, excellent and I'm very happy to see the morphs split out, which makes it a lot more versatile for me - thank you for that (I imagine that was rather a lot of extra work, so I do mean that thank you).

I was initially unhappy with the face but as noted, it really is the generic base and I found that it requires very little tweaking to get a look that I like. I think the only thing that is going to take getting used to for me will be the expressions - working with the chips looks like it might be a fun though.

I'm happy to see a lot of dynamics appearing, as I'm keen to start using those more at the moment - will that red dress in the Blackhearted promo ever enter the store? - that is exactly the sort of thing I would like to put on a book cover.

Well, after a play, I'm going to pick up some shoes and a dress and when I've some time later this week, I'll try and put it all together.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 5:16 PM

philebus posted at 5:11PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345714

I'm happy to see a lot of dynamics appearing, as I'm keen to start using those more at the moment - will that red dress in the Blackhearted promo ever enter the store? - that is exactly the sort of thing I would like to put on a book cover.

Yes - I'm working on tweaking it to get it just right and then I'll put it up in Prime or something. I don't like to just rush things in the store.

I'm working on that and a major morph/character pack that I'll have done by the middle of the month.

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 9:13 PM

hahahahahahahaha

short and dwarfy.png

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 9:57 PM

Deecey posted at 10:49PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345703

Oh wow I didn't know we could load video files in the gallery... I've been going crazy trying to get my 360 degree gifs to a reasonable file size and now I see that I could have skipped all of that frustration. SIGH

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 10:13 PM

JohnDoe641 posted at 11:13PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345728

Deecey posted at 10:49PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345703

Oh wow I didn't know we could load video files in the gallery... I've been going crazy trying to get my 360 degree gifs to a reasonable file size and now I see that I could have skipped all of that frustration. SIGH

Yeah I goofed up the first time. I clicked the "Upload Video" button and then tried to post it in the Poser gallery. It seems you have to select the VIDEO gallery in order for it to show up.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 10:23 PM

Fantastic Deecey! A very versatile figure indeed! Deecey posted at 8:21PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345670

I'd like to add my two cents ... very gently, very gently.

There are already morphs out there that can help you go a long way in varying La Femme's face and body. First, the face morphs included with La Femme go a long way in customizing her face ... and I made a post about those elsewhere, because so many people were using the face chips as morphs. I'll repeat again here, though ... you can find injections for La Femme's Face Morphs and built in Body Morphs in the POSE library.

There are two body morph packages that you can purchase separately. And they actually compliment each other quite well. My La Femme Body Kit adds a lot of shape and size variations without adding a lot of muscular detail. These morphs can also be used as a merchant resource.

Combine them with Gabe's ultra fantastic Femme Fatale kit (these are not merchant resources though), which includes lots of high resolution muscular detail, and you can create a ton of amazing characters.

Here's one I've been playing with lately, but I have to work on a proper texture for her. Right now it is just the default textures with a change in the color chips for the skin, to give her a darker skin tone. This is mostly dial spins with La Femme's built in face morphs, but with a slight bit of additional shaping in ZBrush to get the look I wanted. The body shape is straight combination of "Voluptuous" from my body kit, and some of Gabe's high res detail morphs.

Just to show you she can be more than what you see "out of the box." There are LOTS of dials and morphs already available to play with.

Nubia.jpg

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 11:24 PM

La Femme: enjoying nature and relaxing with a glass of wine (thanks to Redphantom for the wine glass). The skin texture is Tempesta3d's as is the character-with some morphs from Deecey's morph pack. The color of the skin is some play with Poser 11 shaders. :-)LaFemmeDivaBlue4PeitipetWine4.jpg

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 11:44 PM

Love it! That setting is awesome ... very Avatar-ish! As you can tell I like fantasy art. 8-)

philebus ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 3:13 AM

Blackhearted posted at 9:11AM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345715

philebus posted at 5:11PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345714

Yes - I'm working on tweaking it to get it just right and then I'll put it up in Prime or something. I don't like to just rush things in the store.

I'm working on that and a major morph/character pack that I'll have done by the middle of the month.

Fab! I'll look forward to both of those.

bantha ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 3:33 AM ยท edited Sun, 10 February 2019 at 3:34 AM

operaguy posted at 3:20AM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345693

[bantha]

1. "La Femme's base mesh is very light weight, but since it works that well with SubD, it's relatively easy to add even the finest detail to the mesh, as long as your machine can handle the polygons. V4 has [too many polys]" -- True, if that slows you down, a lighter-weight base is better.

V4 has too many poles. Poles are points in the mesh that cannot be smoothed by subdivision. I even linked a thread in it which explained what poles are, where to put them, what their problems are. Too many polys isn't what I meant. "Unsuitable geometry" would be better to describe it.

With a figure like La Femme, you can have a low poly figure in the viewport, saving memory when it counts and making posing more fluent. Still you can render a high detail mesh in the final render. You can reduce La Femme's subdivision in the viewport without any differences in the render, V4 is much more polygon heavy than this. Still you will get every detail from Blackhearteds HD morphs when rendering. Try that with V4, it will not work quite as good. The mesh wasn't built for subdivision.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori.ย 

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 3:54 AM ยท edited Sun, 10 February 2019 at 3:55 AM

My apologies, bantha. I changed your word. I thought it was a typo.

Nonetheless, this issue is not an issue for me. I have a modest rig, Core i7 3.4gh, with 8gb RAM, no standalone graphics card, yet even in my little experiment with four fully-loaded V4/Sasha models in the viewport, no lag in posing. [edit to add: no hair on the girls helped!]

The low-poly mesh and subdivision strategy you just explained is a good feature for La Femme.

::::: Opera :::::

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 5:26 AM

This is my latest effortd051689f02fe25e3d9fe0d35d77296c6_large.jpg

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 6:42 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

LF ethnic.png

I thought I'd see what I could do ethnic wise. I don't have anything for her except what came with her base and I'm not a character maker. This is just a few dial spins of the base morphs and running the skin maps through a few things in Paintshop Pro. It's not perfect but I think it's ok. And if an amateur like me can get this quality, a someone who can do characters professionally should have no problem.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 9:22 AM

A_Sunbeam posted at 10:22AM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345742

This is my latest effortd051689f02fe25e3d9fe0d35d77296c6_large.jpg

Oh she is VERY cute!!!! Good job!! Nice pic to wake up to 8-)

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 9:23 AM

RedPhantom posted at 10:22AM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345746

LF ethnic.png

I thought I'd see what I could do ethnic wise. I don't have anything for her except what came with her base and I'm not a character maker. This is just a few dial spins of the base morphs and running the skin maps through a few things in Paintshop Pro. It's not perfect but I think it's ok. And if an amateur like me can get this quality, a someone who can do characters professionally should have no problem.

Well, you go! I think you did a really great job here!

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 10:06 AM

My attempt at a child character. Maddy's hair and dress.

young.jpg

The scaling makes V4/K4 poses behave a bit oddly. Sometimes they work perfectly, sometimes really weird stuff happens.

I would like some textures that aren't super-realistic. IME, those work better for children (and for idealized adults).

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 10:55 AM

randym77 posted at 11:54AM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345757

My attempt at a child character. Maddy's hair and dress.

young.jpg

The scaling makes V4/K4 poses behave a bit oddly. Sometimes they work perfectly, sometimes really weird stuff happens.

I would like some textures that aren't super-realistic. IME, those work better for children (and for idealized adults).

ADORABLE!

Did you use just morphs, or a combo of morphs and scaling for that? She's sweet!

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 11:28 AM

All these recent character variations are giving me warm fuzzies. Keep 'em coming! I am loving it.

caisson ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 11:29 AM

First render with La Femme - so far finding it very easy to use, lots of options. Renders beautifully. Think I may be spending some more time in Poser now - blackhearted, Deecy, Charles and all involved have created something special!

LaFemme_portraitTH.jpg

[Larger version in my gallery]

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 11:44 AM

caisson posted at 12:44PM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345761

First render with La Femme - so far finding it very easy to use, lots of options. Renders beautifully. Think I may be spending some more time in Poser now - blackhearted, Deecy, Charles and all involved have created something special!

LaFemme_portraitTH.jpg

Fantastic! And glad to hear ... you have long been one of my favorite Poser artists! <3

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 12:25 PM

Deecey posted at 12:24PM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345759

ADORABLE!

Did you use just morphs, or a combo of morphs and scaling for that? She's sweet!

Thanks. It's scaling and morphs. I bought both your and Blackhearted's morph packs yesterday. :-)

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 12:36 PM

randym77 posted at 1:34PM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345765

Deecey posted at 12:24PM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345759

ADORABLE!

Thanks. It's scaling and morphs. I bought both your and Blackhearted's morph packs yesterday. :-)

Well first, thank you! LOL Secondly you did a great job with it. I love her!

Thirdly ... as far as the V4/K4 poses I'll see if Chuck can give his two cents as to the best/easiest solution.

MarianneR ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 2:03 PM

Here's my very artless attempt. She is almost straight out of the box, with hair by Aprilysh.Femme1MR.jpg

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 2:39 PM

Nice job Marianne!!! That hair looks great on her too!

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 2:53 PM

I have a question for everyone. Is it OK if I grab some of the images you've posted in here and in the galleries? I would LOVE to put together a real kick-ass promo video and some of these images are really thrilling me to death!

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 3:25 PM

I had to add the nudity tag to several postings. Please stick to the rules (TOS) guys.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 4:42 PM

Thanks Deecey! Love fantasy art? YUP! Deecey posted at 2:42PM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345732

Love it! That setting is awesome ... very Avatar-ish! As you can tell I like fantasy art. 8-)

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 4:44 PM

Hey there's a name I've not seen in awhile! I hope you share some awesome displacement maps for La Femme. You inspired me with Dawn and V4 Dmapping before I took my Poser-Cation in 2014. I came back a few months ago. caisson posted at 2:43PM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345761

LaFemme_portraitTH.jpg

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 4:49 PM

:-) Here's a little perspective from someone who started at the end of the Poser 2 era. On the left is LaFemme-on the right is the venerable "Posette" aka the Poser 3/4 female=complete with pre-transparency map "helmet hair,". Ah the good old days!LaFemmeDivaMeetsPosette.jpg

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 6:37 PM

It's fine by me! Deecey posted at 4:37PM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345777

I have a question for everyone. Is it OK if I grab some of the images you've posted in here and in the galleries? I would LOVE to put together a real kick-ass promo video and some of these images are really thrilling me to death!

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 6:38 PM

What Poser needs now is Posette 2018!

8-D

RobZhena ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 6:56 PM

Deecey posted at 7:56PM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345792

8-D

I thought you just created her!

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 7:32 PM

RobZhena posted at 8:32PM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345793

8-D

Indeed we did! We took a lot from that thread to heart while doing so. 8-)

duanemoody ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 7:41 PM ยท edited Sun, 10 February 2019 at 7:46 PM

huh2.jpg

wip

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 7:53 PM

Haha! The good old days of plastic helmet-hair.

RobZhena posted at 5:48PM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345793

8-D

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 10:28 PM

Eric Walters posted at 10:26PM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345791

It's fine by me! Deecey posted at 4:37PM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345777

Same for me.

And speaking of Posette, I saw her recently in a forensic recreation in one of those old true crime shows. They showed a woman shooting herself in the head, and poor Posette's shoulder couldn't handle that position. It mangled the mesh of her purple tank top.

phd ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 11:08 PM ยท edited Sun, 10 February 2019 at 11:08 PM

From the blue

From the blue.jpg

llynara ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 11:25 PM

Haven't had a chance to catch up on this thread, but here's a test I did, with postwork. Still struggling with grain in Superfly. La Femme is gorgeous and worth the effort!

La-Femme-Test.jpg

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2019 at 6:14 AM

llynara posted at 6:13AM Mon, 11 February 2019 - #4345805

Haven't had a chance to catch up on this thread, but here's a test I did, with postwork. Still struggling with grain in Superfly. La Femme is gorgeous and worth the effort!

Very nice.

You can get around the grain/slow rendertime by reducing the amount of unnecessary samples in your render.

fastrender.JPG

Keep in mind I am not a technical person, so if anyone wants to correct me or add info by all means, I'm all ears. I achieve results through sheer stubbornness and patience, so my way may not be the best way but this is how I rendered all of my promos. This has no transparency, transmission, etc. SSS and emissives seem to be controlled by the diffuse samples so you will get those. Eyelashes and refract shader eyes will render black. I render my scene like that then bump up settings and re-render the eyes/lashes with high transparent/transmission bounces and caustics turned on using Area Render to draw a small box around the eyes and the immediately adjacent area they will affect with bounced light/shadow.

This brings me to the hair. Even a midrange PC has a lot of cores/processing power available these days - not to mention modern GPUs. However people have been spoiled by making hair for biased (ie: toy) render engines like Firefly and we've reached a point where any sort of optimization has gone out the window. We're stripping figures down to ~20k poly base meshes and then loading ~300k poly transmapped hair with a half dozen 4k maps and thousands of individual transparent strips stacked 20+ layers deep. This is not ideal. After 20 years of development there ideally should be a working strand-based hair engine in Poser, but failing that there should be some attention paid to optimizing hair for a good balance of realism and rendering speed.

In the meantime you can get around this by rendering the scene with the settings above and then going back and Area-Rendering hair with about 6 max transparency bounces (if necessary going back and spot re-rendering any spots that may still remain dark). This is still much much faster than simply turning up all render settings and taking 10 hours to render your entire scene.

But people have been spoiled by using biased rendering engines for years. Remember the mass protests when Poser added Firefly and D|S added Iray, while people were still learning to use them. The Poser 4 rendering engine was an absolute POS, and the only reason it was fast was because it was wildly inaccurate, and both the P4 renderer and Firefly further sped up by 'cheating' due to Poser's small scale: items in the scene were so microscopically tiny that the renderers were discarding a lot of scene information and thus rendering faster. For years I used to squeeze better renders out of them by scaling everything in my scene up to 1000%, with a significant boost in shadow quality but also in rendertime. But quality renders take time -- a high quality ~2000x1500-ish render always took me between 2-10 hours whether it was in Firefly, Iray or Superfly. Good results take time, there is no instant gratification when it comes to indirect lighting.

I'll typically do a few dozen small, grainy preview renders while I tweak lights and pose, use area render to check areas like the eye focus/highlights, feet/hands properly in contact, etc, and then just leave the final render going while I go do something else, watch a movie or sleep. In the final render if something is amiss like a tiny spot of pokethrough I didn't notice in the preview I can fix it and spot-render that little area in a minute.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2019 at 6:14 AM

BTW:

I'm noticing this with several renders that have the eyes looking up: there's too much space between the lower eyelid and the iris. Unless the subject is very surprised, typically the upper eyelid covers a few mm of the top of the iris and the bottom eyelid is at most 2-3mm below the iris. Which means that if you pose the eye looking upwards you need to either use the wince dial to make the lower eyelid follow, or grab the lower eyelid handles and move them up. The distance should be like this at most, but typically almost touching:

eye-contact.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Using the Eye Control dials to pose the eye moves both the upper and lower eyelid but if a slight bump up on the Wince (lower eyelid close) dial or pulling up the lower eyelid handles helps. Using the oldskool Poser shortcut of using Point At --> Main Camera with the eyes should definitely be avoided since then the eyelids are not moving at all, only the eyeball.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2019 at 7:40 AM

LaFemme looks very much like my cousin, especially the jaw (and the eyes). My cousin is not a neanderthal thank you so much.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2019 at 7:46 AM

DreaminGirl posted at 8:46AM Mon, 11 February 2019 - #4345820

LaFemme looks very much like my cousin, especially the jaw (and the eyes). My cousin is not a neanderthal thank you so much.

๐Ÿ˜

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2019 at 8:08 AM

DreaminGirl posted at 2:04PM Mon, 11 February 2019 - #4345820

Funny thing is, the default face looks very much like one of my cousins, too.

For the record, she's not neanderthal, either. That said, current research suggests we all have a number of neanderthal genes. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.