Thu, Sep 19, 9:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: Friends of Syltermermaid

jancory ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 11:24 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:48 AM

It is with great sadness that I learned we lost Syltermermaid (Ute Mulrooney) last Friday Feb.08. She had been ill for awhile & had just returned home from the hospital. She was hopeful for the future, happy to be home, and doing better, then suddenly passed away from a heart attack.

Ute was a talented and prolific artist and created many characters and renderings. Most of you probably have a few of her girls in your runtimes or followed her gallery. She loved working with Poser and was a great inspiration to many. She found me many years ago on Rendo and over the years we became close friends. She was always full of encouragement and ideas, freely shared her work and expertise and without her I would have given up long ago. She was a dear friend and my own life will never be the same without her.

Rest in peace, old friend.

uteandbernard.jpg

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 11:33 AM · edited Sun, 17 February 2019 at 11:33 AM

So sorry to hear. My sympathies to her family and friends. 8-(

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 11:47 AM

Condolences to her family and friends. Sorry to hear. We have another irreplaceable loss of talent in the 3D community.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 11:54 AM
Online Now!

My condolences as well. Very talented. She will be missed, a great asset to the community.

Alisa ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 11:55 AM

So very sorry to hear this :(. A huge loss to the community. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Biscuits ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 11:57 AM

This saddens me so to hear this!

From my heart my sincere condolences and the deepest sympathy for her family and friends.

She left a wonderful legacy of Poser renders and Fantastic content and a huge amount of freebies.

Thank you Syltermermaid for all the sharing and supporting all these years...

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

ghostman ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 12:03 PM

really sad to hear about this. my thoughts goes out to the family.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 12:05 PM

I am very saddened to hear this. I did not know her personally but she was an inspiration with her talent through many many years of poser creation...

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

jartz ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 1:13 PM

So sad to hear. My condolences.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 1:55 PM

She lives on through the girls in our runtimes.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 2:01 PM

Very sorry to read this. Spoke with her a couple of times, way back. A very nice person indeed, and extremely talented.

Condolences to family and friends.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 2:23 PM

Aw damn :(. My most sincere condolences to her family and friends.

Laurie

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 2:37 PM
Site Admin

My sympathies to her family and friends

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

duanemoody ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 2:43 PM

My condolences, never spoke with her but I sensed from her characters she put a lot of love into her work.

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 3:01 PM

So sorry to hear this. Deepest blessings to her family and friends!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 3:10 PM

Oh my goodness, another great loss to the 3D Community. My condolences to her family and friends.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 7:29 PM

That's sad news; I knew she had been ill. Requiescat in Pace... 😿

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2019 at 7:33 PM

Oh no, Ute has passed away?? She was such a dear lady and I have almost all of her beautiful dolls! This really, really hurts, and my prayers are with her family. Rest in peace, dear sweet friend!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

bantha ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2019 at 12:02 AM

I know her works well, she was really talented. She will be missed.

Condolences to her family.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2019 at 12:29 AM

Very sad news. I know her personally,we chat many times on the phone . She was one of the sweetest person I ever meet. Rest in Peace Ute. You will be missed. My condolence goes out for her family .

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

-renapd- ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2019 at 1:05 AM
Site Admin

Condolences to her family and may you rest in peace Ute!

We were around the same age, friends for a long time till we grew apart when she moved her store to contentparadise... but I always cherished her character and considered her one of us the "old timers".

This is such a sad and unexpected piece of news.. :(

Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

yarp ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2019 at 1:10 AM

Very sad to hear. She really did a lot of characters. We sometimes forget there's somebody behind that avatar and nickname. Goobye Ute.

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2019 at 4:16 AM

Oh..... oh oh oh.... Certainly a well-known and well-respected artist in the Poser community. May she rest in peace.

Eternal Hobbyist

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2019 at 4:43 PM

Oh, wow... And I had just discovered her. All my best to her family.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Goldenthrush ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2019 at 8:28 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about this, she was such a talented artist. I hope her family finds comfort in her memories.

2470 ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2019 at 1:44 PM

my condoleance to the familie .

gToon ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2019 at 4:42 PM
Site Admin

Renderosity as posted a memorial to Ute. Our sincere condolences to her friends and family. She will be missed

https://www.renderosity.com/remembering-renderosity-artist-syltermermaid-ute-mulrooney--cms-21090

Managing Editor @ Renderosity.com

www.rgrove.com

3anson ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2019 at 2:28 AM

this makes me sad, Ute was a very talented artist, and made beautiful girls( many of which live in my runtime still) farewell Ute!
my deepest sympathy to her friends and family :(( she will be missed :((

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2019 at 4:45 AM

Very sorry to hear -- my sincerest condolences.

flaviok ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2019 at 6:13 PM

Dói no coração a noticia de que Syltermermaid não está mais entre nós. Uma artista de talento magnifico, mas uma ser humano no verdadeiro sentido da palavra. Sei que se existe céus e anjos é lá que ela deve estar. Descanse em paz minha amiga. It hurts in the heart the news that Syltermermaid is no longer with us. An artist of magnificent talent, but a human being in the true sense of the word. I know if there are heavens and angels that's where it should be. Rest in peace, my friend.

LiamA ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2019 at 8:49 PM

This is so sad to hear. She made the best figures.

Vanadium ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2019 at 3:20 PM

My thoughts and payers are for the dear ones you have left behind.

You will be missed.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2019 at 10:55 AM · edited Thu, 28 March 2019 at 10:57 AM

Wow - that... that really sucks. My condolences, seriously... The heart attack is the most common way to meet one's mortality, yet it is in my opinion the most diabolical way to go; they strike without warning, and are rarely survivable, even with modern medicine.

( Kinda sensitive about cardiac crap these days... I'm toting around a shiny little stent (and not pushing daisies myself) only because in 2016, my own heart had the good sense to vapor-lock less than a mile from the Pacific Northwest's premier cardiac trauma center. Sadly, not everyone has the constant collision of astronomical luck that seems to be the story of my life. )

But, it brings something to mind... a lot of us have been in and around this little hobby for years, if not decades (since 2001 for me, and that's after bumping out of doing meshes, code, and mapping for the gaming industry for a big chunk of the 1990s).

I suspect we'll see a lot more folks leaving this mortal coil as the years roll on, sadly.

We're getting older, folks.

I just hope the CG art community isn't getting older along with it...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.