Tue, Oct 1, 9:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: La Femme's Eyes

goldie ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 11:39 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 12:46 PM

Is there a work around to create two different colored eyes (heterochromia iridium) for La Femme? Seems the mapping of her body has carried parsimony a step too far.

Kalypso ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 1:40 PM · edited Mon, 01 April 2019 at 1:41 PM
Site Admin

I don't know what's going on with that. I selected her left eye and opened the grouping tool. I removed all materials and then selected only the Iris material and assigned a new material to that called LeftIris. Unfortunately nothing changed. The new material is listed but when I apply an altered shader to LeftIris I don't see any change. Hope one of her creators can come up with a solution. It would be useful to be able to change each eye for various effects.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 2:06 PM

Kalypso posted at 3:05PM Mon, 01 April 2019 - #4349263

I don't know what's going on with that. I selected her left eye and opened the grouping tool. I removed all materials and then selected only the Iris material and assigned a new material to that called LeftIris. Unfortunately nothing changed. The new material is listed but when I apply an altered shader to LeftIris I don't see any change. Hope one of her creators can come up with a solution. It would be useful to be able to change each eye for various effects.

Did you remember to also remove those polys from the original Iris material?

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 2:55 PM

Polygons are never in two materials. Assigning a material automatically removes the reference to the previous material.

I tried to use the grouping tool on the eyes and it doesn't work same as other parts of the figure. After selecting either eye, I tried to select polygons by doing Add/Material/Iris or Add/Material/Sclera but neither works.

Another anomaly - I tried creating a prop of the eye, and what I got did not include the sclera.

I think the figure is messed up somehow, or P11 has a nasty bug.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

KarinaKiev ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 3:18 PM · edited Mon, 01 April 2019 at 3:21 PM

Wouldn't it be much easier to just make a new map?

With the different colours for left/right irises "baked" in, instead of implementing a whole new UV/shader layout?

Open the iris map in your image editor of choice and createA NEW IRIS DIFFUSE MAP, with the different irises left/right.

Apply that to the eyes and you're set.

Why over-complicate things which can be solved with 20th-century methods?

Because something is "old 20th century technique" doesn't mean you must throw it away!

Karina

(just another 20th-century relic...)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 3:45 PM

KarinaKiev posted at 4:44PM Mon, 01 April 2019 - #4349277

Wouldn't it be much easier to just make a new map?

With the different colours for left/right irises "baked" in, instead of implementing a whole new UV/shader layout?

Open the iris map in your image editor of choice and createA NEW IRIS DIFFUSE MAP, with the different irises left/right.

Apply that to the eyes and you're set.

Why over-complicate things which can be solved with 20th-century methods?

Because something is "old 20th century technique" doesn't mean you must throw it away!

Karina

(just another 20th-century relic...)

Because LaFemme uses the same eye texture for both eyes. These are her eye maps: image.png

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 4:13 PM

... thus goldie's comment about mapping parsimony gone too far.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 4:39 PM · edited Mon, 01 April 2019 at 4:42 PM

Will discuss this with the rest of the team. The trick will be to implement a solution that won't break existing content. The only one I can think of so far is to keep the UV mapping of the eyes exactly as they are, but place them on two seperate tiles. I suppose we'd also have to do the same with the brows and lashes as well.

But then we'd have to change material names for right and left eyes, lashes, and brows, so that WOULD affect existing content.

I'll see if that works.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 4:56 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

heterochromia.jpg

Something's borked but it is possible. Select the eyeball. open the grouping tool. create a new group. use add material iris (this won't show up unless you have the display set to wireframe because of the eye cover) assign material and create a new material. then load a pose from the library. the change will show up then. You can undo the pose.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 5:13 PM

bagginsbill posted at 5:58PM Mon, 01 April 2019 - #4349275

Polygons are never in two materials. Assigning a material automatically removes the reference to the previous material.

I tried to use the grouping tool on the eyes and it doesn't work same as other parts of the figure. After selecting either eye, I tried to select polygons by doing Add/Material/Iris or Add/Material/Sclera but neither works.

Another anomaly - I tried creating a prop of the eye, and what I got did not include the sclera.

I think the figure is messed up somehow, or P11 has a nasty bug.

Hmmm ... each eye has a double layer of geometry. The outer layer is the "eye surface" which is meant to be transparent and reflective.

The inner layer of the eye geometry is the iris, pupil, and sclera.

These two layers of geometry are very close together. I noticed that because of this you sometimes have to zoom in closer to see whether or not the eye is selected because from far away the eye doesn't appear to be selected.

But just for grins, I selected the left eye by clicking it, created a prop of the left eye, and exported it out from Poser. It exported correctly (with both geometry layers and all correct materials). So it doesn't appear to be a figure issue.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 6:07 PM

Deecey posted at 7:05PM Mon, 01 April 2019 - #4349288

Will discuss this with the rest of the team. The trick will be to implement a solution that won't break existing content. The only one I can think of so far is to keep the UV mapping of the eyes exactly as they are, but place them on two seperate tiles. I suppose we'd also have to do the same with the brows and lashes as well.

But then we'd have to change material names for right and left eyes, lashes, and brows, so that WOULD affect existing content.

I'll see if that works.

I'd guess better do it soon while there isn't still a ton of content for her out there (though it's being beautiful to check the marketplace everyday to see new products!).

Perhaps a simple python script (for the scripters out there - I'm not one!) could just copy the existing materials into the second materials done for this? Some freebie so that vendors could update their products and users could get it for the products that are yet to be updated.

I think there are what, ten or so commercial characters for her on Rendo so far? Wouldn't be such a mess for now.

- - - - - - 

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 6:09 PM

Right I agree.Should be done soon.

goldie ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 8:53 PM · edited Mon, 01 April 2019 at 8:57 PM

OK folks. I was able to create a prop of an eye (using grouping tool).

1. Then saved the eye prop.
  2. Brought the prop into a LF scene.
  3. Then hide the corresponding eye in LF.
  4. Parent the eye prop to the corresponding eye in order to get the correct movement for the prop.
  5. Can apply any material to the prop.

The only thing you can't do is resize the iris or pupil. I suppose this can be done before creating the prop.

Here's a quick render of the results. It is the right eye that is the prop.

Right Eye.jpg

Until something better can be figured out, this should suffice in a pinch.

structure ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2019 at 4:24 PM · edited Mon, 29 April 2019 at 4:25 PM
Forum Coordinator

I have created a script which creates a prop of the eye - including the sclera - and allows you to change the color on the prop seperately, hides the left eye, parents the prop to the left eye and adds the textures - you just need to set it to your liking - adding it to freestuff! Capture.PNG

Locked Out

structure ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2019 at 8:24 PM · edited Mon, 29 April 2019 at 8:32 PM
Forum Coordinator

download Here

Locked Out

FVerbaas ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2019 at 9:30 PM
Forum Coordinator

Too bad there is no equivalent to the 'p' node that reports xyz in the zero-ed mesh. Positive x would be left eye, negative x would be right eye. Would also make simple 'second skins' and control of visibility of body and limbs inside shoes, boots or garments easy to do with 'make everything that in the zero pose would be less than 0.30 m above the ground invisible'.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.