Thu, Sep 19, 6:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Just out of curiosity - Poser 12?

Ometeotl ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2017 at 2:29 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:42 PM

Are there any news / rumours about when (or even if) there will be a new Poser aka P12?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2017 at 2:56 PM

Take a look at the last few pages of the "Is Poser dying?" Thread. Rather interesting, in the ancient Chinese sense.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2017 at 3:07 PM · edited Mon, 03 April 2017 at 3:09 PM

[rtorres]

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself to the product community. My name is Rafael Torres and I have recently joined Smith Micro as the new product manager for the Graphics Division. As I’m sure many of you are aware, Smith Micro has made considerable changes to its Graphics business in recent months. While change is always hard, it also presents opportunities for us to improve the products and add innovative, new functionalities. I want to personally assure you that Smith Micro is fully committed to its Graphics business and the continued improvement of widely popular titles such as Poser and Moho to meet your needs and expectations. We will keep you posted as product development continues throughout the year. Feel free to reach out to me and the rest of the Graphics Team with product suggestions for Poser (info.poser@smithmicro.com).

The Smith Micro graphics department seems committed to continuing development of Poser. It's been a while since we're seen an update. Development isn't chugging along at full speed, at the moment. But they're not giving up on it. That suggests that they intend to make a Poser 12. Larry Weinberg, who created Poser, is still part of the team, which is a good sign.

Not sure whether I formatted the above quote properly. It's from the Smith Micro Poser forum: https://forum.smithmicro.com/topic/1765/hi-there-from-the-poser-team

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Ometeotl ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2017 at 4:18 PM

Thanks for the replies. I stopped reading the "Is Poser dying"-thread about five posts before the changes at SM were mentioned ... doh So, I guess it's time to get over my silly superstitions (anything with a "11" in it is like a black cat under a ladder on a Friday the 13th for me) and just buy the bl..y P11

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2017 at 4:19 PM

Ometeotl posted at 10:19PM Mon, 03 April 2017 - #4301452

Thanks for the replies. I stopped reading the "Is Poser dying"-thread about five posts before the changes at SM were mentioned ... doh So, I guess it's time to get over my silly superstitions (anything with a "11" in it is like a black cat under a ladder on a Friday the 13th for me) and just buy the bl..y P11

It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2017 at 6:34 AM
Online Now!

Ometeotl: Hi! Once you get P11 ... there are a lot of new and exciting things in this version. Just ask your questions and we will happily help you out if you need it. Go over tutorials you find and check out free shaders for Superfly in our Free Stuff and elsewhere ... you won't regret it.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

mdbruffy ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2019 at 10:29 PM · edited Thu, 04 April 2019 at 10:29 PM

Last post on this thread was 2 years ago. ANY word since then?

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2019 at 11:15 PM · edited Thu, 04 April 2019 at 11:15 PM

I visit the Smith Micro Poser Forum, and there are a lot of comments from a member of the SM staff, and Poser 12 is in the works. That said, however, there's been no definite indication as to when we can expect it.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2019 at 6:26 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

This reminds me of long car rides and the kids asking, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" and the Mom saying, "We'll get there when we get there."

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2019 at 11:00 PM

The main problem is that we are now 4 hours into what's usually a 2.5 hour trip, so us kids are getting antsy. Hopefully we'll see something a SIGGRAPH, even if there's still no release date revealed.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 1:51 PM

I guess all we can do then is to continue to watch and wait while our art work waits. P11 has turned into such a headache over the last year, I don't use it half as much as when I first got it.

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 2:09 PM

Why? What is the big "need" that makes us want Poser 12?

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 2:41 PM

Poser 11 was great when it first came out. Now- in my case anyway- it's junk. It throws up message telling you the DLL module can't be found when you know d*&*^m well it's there. It throws the Parameters settings screen in your face every time you touch a dial- locking up the program till you shut it off and then when you go back to that dial or another, it comes up again- and again- and again- before you can finally get things done. It's become a source of frustration that's not worth the fight.

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 2:54 PM

sorry to hear that mdbruffy. If that happened to me, I'd certainly want something better!

Are others hoping for Poser 12 to fix a major deficit, of for some long-promised really-cool feature?

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 2:56 PM

The Parameters palette pops up "in your face"? Do you not have it as part of your Poser UI setup? You do know it can be "docked" so it stays in the one spot all the time. The only issue I've had with PP11 is the way the Library used to scroll unexpectedly every time I tried clicking on a thumbnail, but since setting up the external Library for viewing in my browser, I don't have that issue any more.

I like PP11, but am hoping P12/PP12 has some "new" stuff we don't currently have, as well as some "fixes", though I think they finally fixed the Library issues I was having. I'm just so used to the external Library now, I prefer using it.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 5:22 PM

The way I have my interface/ work screen laid out,there's no room for a pallet I'd never use. Here's what I've been dealing with:Parameter settings screen 2.jpg

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 5:48 PM

that pops up when you double click a dial. Perhaps your mouse is "too quick" and you are issuing a second click on a dial?

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 5:49 PM

mdbruffy posted at 6:48PM Sat, 06 April 2019 - #4349575

Poser 11 was great when it first came out. Now- in my case anyway- it's junk. It throws up message telling you the DLL module can't be found when you know d*&*^m well it's there. It throws the Parameters settings screen in your face every time you touch a dial- locking up the program till you shut it off and then when you go back to that dial or another, it comes up again- and again- and again- before you can finally get things done. It's become a source of frustration that's not worth the fight.

That shouldn't be happening. The Parameter Settings dialog should only be popping up when you specifically choose to edit the parameter settings. Something else is up. What build are you using?

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 6:37 PM

I'm using the latest build: 11.1.135510. Here's my other Demon: This one pops up as soon as the program starts:My other demon.jpg

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 6:59 PM

Do you still have a copy of the previous version you were using? If the problems started with this build you might want to reinstall your previous version to see if it persists.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 7:10 PM

I only have the files for Poser 9. I tried 10 and it wouldn't work right from the start. I went round and round with SM for several months before I finally decided I'd go back to 9 and wait for 11. With so much 'distance' between versions, I seriously doubt my P11 files would work in P9.

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 7:13 PM

Yeah ... By any chance did you merge runtimes together from Poser 9 to Poser 11? Sometimes that can cause really unexpected issues.

Something is definitely up. The only thing I can think of is for you to uninstall Poser 11. And then add your Poser 9 runtime as an "external library."

willyb53 ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 7:14 PM

Try moving the KnectCapture folder out of Runtime:Python:addons

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 7:30 PM

Deecey- I have uninstalled, reinstalled, down loaded fresh copies of the files- everything. Nothing in that direction helped. As for my Runtime, it's been in a constant state of growth since Poser 5. But I've never had problems with it before- and inthis case, it's an added library- not the one that comes in Poser. I've never even used that one.

willyb53- Where would I move the KnectCapture folder to?

willyb53 ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 7:34 PM

😃 anywhere you want, I have a folder called :Python:addonsoff, and moved mine to there. Had the same problem as you after one of the updates

Bill

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 7:53 PM

Do I put that new folder in Poser or just anywhere on the hard drive?

willyb53 ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 7:55 PM

Anywhere, poser tries to run the init code for items in addons, so as long as it is not in addons poser will not see it.

Remember, the next time you update, poser will put it back

Bill

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 8:02 PM

Okay. Thanks. I'll let you know if it works.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 8:15 PM

willyb53- That seems to have fixed it. Even with a simple render like this one, that screen would have poped up a couple of times at least. Arrow's test.jpg

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 6:38 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Glad your issue is fixed. Now that it is, there is an update, if you dare. the latest build isn't 11.1.135510 it's 11.1.135540. It was just released recently. I say if you dare because you've had so many problems. I haven't seen any new issues with this update. All I know it corrects is to add the send to... button back to the render settings window.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 7:02 AM

Okay. It didn't come up yesterday when I checked. But I'll take a look.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 7:04 AM

My Poser keeps telling me I'm up to date. Another glitch?

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 7:25 AM

RedPhantom- Where did you get your update? I went to SM's site and the most recent one I saw was the 11.1.1. from January.

raven ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 8:26 AM

The latest update is 11.1.1.35540 which restores the 'Send Render To' button in the render settings dialog. Run the SM download manager and look at the updates tab.

poser_update_latest.jpg

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 9:23 AM

I found it. Never noticed that key was gone. I always just exported the image to my pictures file and went on from there.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 10:13 AM · edited Sun, 07 April 2019 at 10:14 AM

Well, it's installed and tested and no parameters screen popped up- yet. But my other demon lives on: The Demon lives.jpg

raven ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 11:09 AM

When you installed P11, did you install the Poser Support Files as well? If not, I'm just wondering if the Kinect Python addon is in the support files download and not the main Poser 11 install file and maybe that's why it can't find it?.

willyb53 ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 2:02 PM

As I mentioned before, every time you install an update, it puts it back in addons

Bill

raven ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 2:26 PM

That's ok, I just wasn't sure. I know there are things you would expect to be in the main install .exe that aren't so you have to run the Support Files .exe, that's why I wondered about the Kinect bits.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2019 at 12:44 AM

When that stupid little window comes up, I just put it in the lower right of my screen and carry on, since Poser 11 insists on popping it up everytime you so much as think about clicking a mouse button. That being said, I've gone back to Poser Pro 2014.

drafter69 ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2019 at 10:20 AM

Nice to see that Smith Micro is saying they will continue with Poser but for me, talk is cheap and over the last year I have seen very little from the company that would convince me of their intentions..... Hopefully I am wrong but as I said.... talk is cheap and so far that is all Smith Micro is doing.

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2019 at 10:45 AM

drafter69

1. what is wrong with the current Poser releases?
  2. what is so urgent for you to have from a new Poser release? :: og ::

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2019 at 11:17 AM

Well, for one, I always loved messing with micropolygon displacement, and SuperFly doesn't have it despite the underlying Cycles does have it now.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2019 at 8:41 AM

bagginsbill posted at 8:38AM Tue, 30 April 2019 - #4349864

Well, for one, I always loved messing with micropolygon displacement, and SuperFly doesn't have it despite the underlying Cycles does have it now.

Yeah, I'd be more willing to try and use Superfly if it had micro displacement as well. Also would be nice if it was faster.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2019 at 9:40 AM

I'd like them to add vector displacement too if possible...

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2019 at 10:32 AM

bagginsbill posted at 11:30AM Tue, 30 April 2019 - #4349864

Seconded. If Poser 12 includes that, I'll already be happy.

I'd also love some enhancements in the dynamic clothing and a revamp in the dynamic hair systems.

And for others, the ability to import HD morphs from other modelling programs aside from Zbrush would be great too - I use Zbrush, but so many people don't.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2019 at 2:27 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 3:27PM Tue, 30 April 2019 - #4351054

bagginsbill posted at 11:30AM Tue, 30 April 2019 - #4349864

Seconded. If Poser 12 includes that, I'll already be happy.

I'd also love some enhancements in the dynamic clothing and a revamp in the dynamic hair systems.

And for others, the ability to import HD morphs from other modelling programs aside from Zbrush would be great too - I use Zbrush, but so many people don't.

Yes to all of the above. Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.