Sat, Oct 5, 9:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Welcoming our new Poser Overlords....

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 8:57 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 7:28 AM

soooooo Rendo now own poser.

news at 10.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:01 AM

WHAaaaaaa?!!!

Let me get this straight. No more SmithMicro, it is now Renderosity.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:01 AM

yup. its official.

https://www.smithmicro.com/company/news-room/press-releases/2019/06/20/smith-micro-announces-sale-of-its-poser-3d-rendering-animation-software

karanta ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:04 AM

Such cool news! I'm very, very happy Renderosity owns Poser now :)

My Renderosity Store

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:07 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:08 AM

Well, not really sure, what to think. At least it sounds like a logical step, since the majority of Poser content has been sold here anyway ... ahm... since time began.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:09 AM

"New Poses for Hydrogen, compatible with poser 1,2,3,4......"

ghostship2 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:12 AM

Yeah, SM Poser forum got cut off at the knees overnight. Guess it's back to the f**king Genesis trolls here on Rendo.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:14 AM

I think it may be a very good thing.

Eternal Hobbyist

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:16 AM

ghostship2 posted at 3:16PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353581

Yeah, SM Poser forum got cut off at the knees overnight. Guess it's back to the f**king Genesis trolls here on Rendo.

well now they own the software.. they may enforce the rul.....oh gods I can't say that with a straight face...

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:18 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:18 AM

Troll [t:roll] male: Person in an online forum, that refuses to share your opinion.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:20 AM

psst they can be female as well.. of LBGTQ+.... it's not restricted in any way at all....

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:22 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:23 AM

Khai-J-Bach posted at 4:20PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353587

psst they can be female as well.. of LBGTQ+.... it's not restricted in any way at all....

Sorry, german grammar issue. In german language, "Troll" comes with a male article. (Der Troll)

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:24 AM

This is a surprise. Smith Micro wreaked havoc with Poser over library cross-compatibility with their other software, then fired the programmers, then sold off the software. Weird, eh? Maybe development under 'Rosity will see them removing the "phone home" hassleware system.

The above sounds harsher than I intend, unless I read it back in the voice of Neil from The Young Ones. Since I'm rusty with forum posting, I'll append an insecure "Umm," here at the end. Umm.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:28 AM

well the first thing I'd do is, hire BB to redo the shader system. and possibly the library.

and give the option to avoid OpenGL and use DirectX etc and actually use the power in modern cards.. (other than rendering, I mean for layout... while most cards will support OpenGL, they are no optimised for it at all)

anymore ideas?

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:43 AM

You can now look foreward to "Renda" again and maybe a "Renda 2". 😁

caisson ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:48 AM

To me this means that Poser content sales and software dev are more explicitly connected than before, which could be interesting. The key though, as ever, is money. What is Renderosity prepared to spend on Poser development? How many programmers will they hire? Will they tinker round the edges or invest in building a team for the longer term?

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:50 AM

(I do hope they did a clean transfer of the licensing database, so current owners can get upgrades easily.... .............?)

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

hflam ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:50 AM
Online Now!

Good! I hate that "Download Manager" thing. Hope Renderosity will keep the download method simple.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:52 AM

How will it affect content diversity such as Iclone, DazStudio or any other software content? Will there still be DS content here in the future?

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 10:09 AM

Rosemaryr posted at 10:06AM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353602

(I do hope they did a clean transfer of the licensing database, so current owners can get upgrades easily.... .............?)

That was my first thought. The download manager thing worked very well for me. No hassles with serial numbers not recognized, as happened to me with E-Frontier. And no looking for disks when I hadn't used them in years.

It was very convenient when I had to replace a computer. I could reinstall Poser on my new machines very easily. I hope it remains as easy with Rosity in charge.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 10:31 AM

La Femme says PARTY TIME!

!PartyTime.jpg

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 10:55 AM

The Download Manager is still working as expected from what I can see

wheatpenny ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 10:56 AM
Site Admin

-Timberwolf- posted at 11:55AM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353604

How will it affect content diversity such as Iclone, DazStudio or any other software content? Will there still be DS content here in the future?

Yes there will still be Daz Studio content here as always.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 11:40 AM

But, but, but . . . what about all the great information on the Smith Micro Poser Forum, that's a very active forum! Is all that going to disappear?!?!?!?!?!?

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 11:48 AM

Miss B posted at 12:47PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353647

But, but, but . . . what about all the great information on the Smith Micro Poser Forum, that's a very active forum! Is all that going to disappear?!?!?!?!?!?

At least, for now, you can still READ that forum. You just can't post to it.

Give the new owners some time to transition.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 11:57 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2019 at 12:00 PM

Great news folks, I'm happy it worked out. Poser deserved much better than what Smith Micro was doing to it. I'm excited for its prospects.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 12:23 PM

I'm very pleased, specially with one thing: The Renderosity team LISTENS. Ever since I returned this january into Poser because of La Femme, I've always been pleased with how quick the R'osity team is to reply to my questions, to get problems solved, etc. They've been super kind to me as a vendor, too. I'm hoping this means that our requests for Poser can see the light of day in future versions. I'm super excited!

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 12:30 PM

OK. Now get all those who are keen on developing Poser to get working on what everyone wants to see in future versions of Poser. Rendo now has the opportunity to harness all that enormous talent to produce a really great program. Maybe Rendo could also get Bryce for those that love it?

tomyee ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 12:40 PM

Happy to hear this news, but am worried that at this rate, we won't see Poser12 until 2029... is the dev team still being paid to revamp Poser or were they laid off by SM as part of this sale? Or is Renderosity paying their salaries now?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 12:47 PM

Crikey.

Any road up, I hope everything goes well and that Poser continues to grow and develop.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 12:48 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 1:48PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353649

Miss B posted at 12:47PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353647

At least, for now, you can still READ that forum. You just can't post to it.

Give the new owners some time to transition.

Here's hoping they DO transition it here. I would hate to see all of that great information lost.

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 12:51 PM

A_Sunbeam posted at 1:49PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353657

OK. Now get all those who are keen on developing Poser to get working on what everyone wants to see in future versions of Poser. Rendo now has the opportunity to harness all that enormous talent to produce a really great program. Maybe Rendo could also get Bryce for those that love it?

Oh wouldn't it be wonderful if they were able to get the good old dev team back working on Poser??? I would love that.

As for Bryce, yeah that would be great too, but I suspect DAZ won't give it up. Then again, you never know, so one could always hope.

Butterfly Dezignz

Meshbox ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 12:52 PM

This was destined for a very long time. Renderosity has made some investment already in compatible software with Blacksmith 3D and also has carried the torch on content as well by welcoming Content Paradise vendors like Meshbox Design.

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 1:04 PM

Miss B posted at 2:03PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353666

A_Sunbeam posted at 1:49PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353657

Oh wouldn't it be wonderful if they were able to get the good old dev team back working on Poser??? I would love that.

I would be thrilled to death to see that happen!!!!!!!!!!

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 1:11 PM · edited Thu, 20 June 2019 at 1:14 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'll just wait and watch. But I have high hopes!! Just please don't make it a walled garden like DS for heaven's sake, I implore you! LOL

Oh, and FWIW, I'm glad SM sold it at least to someone who would give a damn about it ;)

Laurie

movida ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 1:47 PM

Hope they don't do what DAZ has done - everytime they buy someone out they close the forums, make use of all the individual user documentation and deny access. Rendo: please port the SM forums over here so the developers of that information can continue onward and help YOUR program evolve :)

movida ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 1:48 PM

I've also recently started playing around in Carrara and I'm impressed with it - next purchase Rendo lol

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 2:05 PM

movida posted at 3:04PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353689

I've also recently started playing around in Carrara and I'm impressed with it - next purchase Rendo lol

Metacreations also had Bryce, Carrara, Painter, Ray Dream Studio, Kai's Power Tools, tons of cool stuff. Spread out all over now.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 2:05 PM
Forum Coordinator

Agree with Laurie here. Just wait and see what will happen.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 2:08 PM

movida posted at 3:05PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353688

Hope they don't do what DAZ has done - everytime they buy someone out they close the forums, make use of all the individual user documentation and deny access. Rendo: please port the SM forums over here so the developers of that information can continue onward and help YOUR program evolve :)

Just thinking out loud here. Maybe the SM forums will stay open for the products they are keeping, so maybe the Poser info will stay there?

qaz ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 2:22 PM

Hang on La Femme no longer free ? Was this slipped in while attention was elsewhere ?

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 2:28 PM

The SM forum is already pretty much closed. It's read only right now. They don't know how long they will keep it open. And they said the software is too different to port anything over. I guess if you want information, you should cut and paste it.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 2:31 PM

qaz posted at 2:29PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353696

Hang on La Femme no longer free ? Was this slipped in while attention was elsewhere ?

This happened once before, and it turned out to be a mistake. They made it free again.

However, it was my understanding that La Femme was always meant to be only temporarily free. Though they never said when that would change.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 2:35 PM

randym77 posted at 3:33PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353700

This happened once before, and it turned out to be a mistake. They made it free again.

However, it was my understanding that La Femme was always meant to be only temporarily free. Though they never said when that would change.

La Femme 1.1 was released today.

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 2:36 PM · edited Thu, 20 June 2019 at 2:38 PM

IMHO the best thing the new owners could do would be to continue to promote the development of the La femme figure. and ,whatever eventual Male, as the flagship poser figures and establish UNIFORM STANDRDS for content with official content dev tools.

Developing content for the poser natives needs to be easier for aspiring content devs.

Update the vestigial animation tools and fix the IK solver and capitalize on the partnership with reallusion with a focus on animated filmmaking using poser figures

If the Lafemme base was free I would love to test the rig in Iclone and produce some animations with the figure now that my long term animated feature film is nearing completion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjokKZX1r6I

Rendo has great opportunity here to potential revive this application

Dont let it languish

My website

YouTube Channel

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 2:46 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 2:45PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353702

I guess that explains the timing. Looks like it's a free upgrade.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 3:02 PM

randym77 posted at 4:02PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353707

Glitterati3D posted at 2:45PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353702

I guess that explains the timing. Looks like it's a free upgrade.

It is a free upgrade to previous owners.

Letterworks ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 3:14 PM · edited Thu, 20 June 2019 at 3:16 PM

If you read about La Femme 1.1 the figure now include improved Developer Kit to make content creation easier. I think that alone shows which way the dev team is moving for the future (edited) the FIGURE dev team that is, not necessarily the Poser team

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 3:25 PM · edited Thu, 20 June 2019 at 3:27 PM

Letterworks posted at 4:20PM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353711

If you read about La Femme 1.1 the figure now include improved Developer Kit to make content creation easier. I think that alone shows which way the dev team is moving for the future (edited) the FIGURE dev team that is, not necessarily the Poser team

Let me give you just a couple of examples that Letterworks is talking about.

Not to worry, everything that worked on La Femme 1 still works just fine.

But, we do have some additions to the DEV kits that will make rigging much simpler and faster for those who work with conforming clothing. Included with her are 2 high resolution DEV kits that are rigged practically from head to toe. Rigging is a quick trip to the Setup Room after importing your object and transferring the bones to your clothing.

Clothing comes out of the Setup Room like this. This image is from Import Object>Setup Room>Transfer Rig>Pose Room>Pose>Render.

DressDevRig.jpg

That was Import Object

Setup Room

Double click the Hi Res Dev kit in the library

Click OK a couple times

Go back to the Pose Room

Conform and pose the clothing & figure

Render

This:

DressDevRig.jpg

or this:

RCDress.jpg

And, if you own the dc Body Kit morphs and/or the Blackhearted morphs, there is a simplified version to get them into your clothing with very little work involved in them looking GREAT.

So much, it's all in the new release (free upgrade to current owners) and Deecey has some videos coming out in a day or two.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 3:33 PM

Sounds great. Though everyone's so busy talking about Rosity buying Poser that La Femme 1.1 is kind of lost in the shuffle. Maybe someone should start a thread about it?

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 3:34 PM
Forum Coordinator

Hmm interesting... It seems like someone has been listening .... LOL!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.