Tue, Oct 22, 3:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:39 pm)

Subject: Problem rendering Genesis 8 Male Eyes

Audierne ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2019 at 9:41 AM · edited Tue, 15 October 2024 at 10:40 PM

Error.jpg Hi. I recently started using Studio 4.11. Genesis 8 Female eyes render fine, but am having the above problem with Genesis 8 Male. I have not changed any settings, it's a new install. This spot render uses the base materials (3Ddelight or whatever, but the same happens with Iray). Can anybody advise how to fix the problem.materials.

thanks, Pete

jestmart ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2019 at 8:07 AM

Load a G8F with eyes that work and compare the surface settings with G8M.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2019 at 9:15 AM
Online Now!

Is the figure away from the origin?

Audierne ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2019 at 4:17 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2019 at 4:22 PM

Thank-you for responding. No, it is in the original place, original pose etc as loaded. Not moved at all. I have just tried again on a freshly loaded / unmoved etc. figure and the result is the same.

Edited to add - Windows 10, up-to-date with releases etc.

Audierne ( ) posted Sun, 28 July 2019 at 6:47 AM

A bit of experimenting. Loaded the base figure and spot rendered, eyes look OK. Then clicked on materials and the eyes looked as in my attached screen shot. Tried adding materials again etc. but the eyes still render as per attached screenshot. It seems that the eyes render OK on the figure as first loaded, but then 'adding the materials' (which is how the Gen 8 Female works - I think, now I'm beginning to doubt my sanity) causes the problem. Seems rather odd. Getting confused...…

Audierne ( ) posted Sun, 28 July 2019 at 8:30 AM

Please ignore above comment - I got that completely wrong - sorry. Loaded base figure and spot rendered - produces 'reasonable eyes' i.e. not with the blank brown look. Then added mats and rendered - this time getting the same result as shown in the screen-shot. Other genesis figures are fine, it just seems to be a problem with the Genesis 8 Male mats for the eyes.

Roland58 ( ) posted Sun, 25 August 2019 at 9:42 AM

Same for me. My solution is simple, I just copy irises suface and paste on eyemoisture

Audierne ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2019 at 5:36 AM

@ Roland58
thank-you!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.