Sun, Oct 6, 8:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: A Tail Of Woe (pun very much intended)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 5:33 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:15 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

As I was taking a leisurely stroll through an old Runtime, I spied a disconsolate figure, beating the ground with his fists, wailing and bemoaning his fate. I got closer and recognized the finely wrought features of Michael 2.

"Eyup lad", I greeted him, "what's up wi' thee?"

"Oh, woe is me, I am bereft!" he wailed.

"Well, aye", I replied, "thy's got nay clobber on, for a start." I had - observant to the last - noticed he was nekkid.

"Worse, much worse than that!" he shrieked, wiping many a tear from his eyes, "Look what they did to me!", he continued, pointing in the direction of his nether regions.

"Ah, I see", I responded. "Well, they can be switched on again, lad, no bother."

"If only that were true", he wept. "The Genitals option is no longer in the menu. I am a eunuch, no, I am far worse than a eunuch, I am sans bollocks and sans knob! A curse upon the evil demons who did this to me!"

I was speechless. Then, I thought about all the other poor fellows left in the same boat. Now, I don't know about anyone else but there are times when I've needed to use Mike with his wedding tackle flapping in the breeze. There's at least one pic in me gallery with him just so.

I guess I could - if I absolutely have to - hack the Cr2 and put a switch in there but it's not ideal, I'd prefer a menu option, and there must be plenty of people who don't feel confident faffing around with Cr2s.

So, pretty please, can we have the Willy switch back?

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Nails60 ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 5:45 PM

I noticed that with Behemoth 2, which in some ways isn't a bad thing, I don't need my favourite software making me feel inadequate, and can't imagine the need to re-masculise him, but this is the sort of thing I rail against when in any poser wishlist people want to get rid of things (bad choice of words perhaps) just because they don't use them. In the release to the update it talked about removing broken menu items, hey guys, this wasn't broken, just only working on certain older figures.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 5:52 PM

Sooner, rather than later, too. There's Don, James, Dork and Mike all feeling very inadequate at the moment. Haven't even taken a look at the similarly afflicted womenfolk.

All the other lads with detachable bits are feeling very smug now. David's just been waving his...

well, best not go into that.

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:05 PM

My Michael 1 and 2 still have genitals. You have to make them visible. Are you saying you just downloaded them from DAZ, and that no longer works?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:23 PM

Well, blinking flip! I always thought it was a geometry switched hip. Ta for that.

Silly me.

My Store

My Gallery

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:39 PM

I--

When did we have a Willy switch? Where was it located? I'm very confused right now 😂

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:48 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 12:48AM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363434

I--

When did we have a Willy switch? Where was it located? I'm very confused right now 😂

Figure - Genitals

😁

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:55 PM

Further investigation - I'm a born nuisance - shows that things ain't so simple for teh wimminz. Them poor lasses, not having any bits that hang out (as it were) are decidedly at a disadvantage when it comes to making their nether regions visible, because the other, blank area is in the way, so a Cr2 hack or a return of the switch is necessary to make 'em complete again.

Mind you, Judy is as ugly as a smashed crab and Jessi is seriously deformed, so maybe it's not such a bad thing. ;)

My Store

My Gallery

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:57 PM

Yep, I noticed that too. The willy switch is gone. ?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:59 PM

hborre posted at 12:58AM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363439

Yep, I noticed that too. The willy switch is gone. ?

Maybe in the interests of equality we should call it the Minge/Willy switch.

See, I'm dead helpful, me.

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 7:07 PM

I can't remember if V1 had any naughty bits. V2 had a morph that made it look like she had something down there, but it wasn't super-detailed.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 7:19 PM

Figure Height is gone from the Figure menu too, but I'm fine with that.😄

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 7:45 PM

randym77 posted at 1:42AM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363444

I can't remember if V1 had any naughty bits. V2 had a morph that made it look like she had something down there, but it wasn't super-detailed.

Yep, the same as V3 but they're dial controlled from the figure. Jessi and Judy, however, have something approaching realistic-ish genitals. A bit odd, considering both of 'em look like they were thrown together in a laboratory by a blind maniac but there you go.

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 8:17 PM

So did Jessi and Judy used to have genitals that appeared and disappeared with a switch?

And Poser no longer supports this switch?

HKHan99 ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 12:31 AM

The thread made curious, so I checked the older male figures. Several have detachable (or attachable, I guess) genitals but hoo-wee! The morph controls on them are weird in the extreme. Did the ones that used the genital switch have better controls?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 1:19 AM

randym77 posted at 7:18AM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363457

So did Jessi and Judy used to have genitals that appeared and disappeared with a switch?

Yep. And yep.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 1:19 AM

HKHan99 posted at 7:19AM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363478

The thread made curious, so I checked the older male figures. Several have detachable (or attachable, I guess) genitals but hoo-wee! The morph controls on them are weird in the extreme. Did the ones that used the genital switch have better controls?

Not really but at least they were there. Well, some of the blokes had an "Erect" morph, so they could at least get excited.

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 5:39 AM

SamTherapy posted at 5:39AM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363483

Yep. And yep.

How did that even work? Was it a morph that moved it from inside the body? Or was it actually some kind of geometry switching?

movida ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 6:27 AM

What now, the morality police?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 6:37 AM

randym77 posted at 12:36PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363512

SamTherapy posted at 5:39AM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363483

Yep. And yep.

How did that even work? Was it a morph that moved it from inside the body? Or was it actually some kind of geometry switching?

Geom Switching, I think. But after manually unhiding the female bits, I tried making the hip invisible, which made the hip and the genitals vanish. So, there's a bit more at work, I reckon.

My Store

My Gallery

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 8:16 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2019 at 8:16 AM
Site Admin

In the article about the update, they said they were supporting figures "Alyson, Ben, Ben2, James, Jessi, Kate, Kate2, Paul, Paul2 Pauline, Pauline2, Rex, Roxie, Ryan, SimonG2 and SydneyG2." It's possible they meant Jessi and James g2 in which case they are no longer supporting any figures that need that option so in that sense the feature is obsolete. Even if they didn't mean the g2 figures, it's only 2 figures, one of whom you can get his genitalia to show without it. (no it doesn't do anything to the kids) so that leaves one figure. It probably didn't seem worth it to keep a feature for one figure everyone says is an alien anyhow.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 9:49 AM

Fair comment, I guess. At least Mike 2 and the other lads can whip out their tackle if necessary.

My Store

My Gallery

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 2:21 PM

Old joke:

Bloke in toilet, to chap at adjacent pissoir: "This is where the big knobs hang out" ...

OK. I'll get me coat ...

Old, but then, so am I.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 2:55 PM

A_Sunbeam posted at 8:54PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363601

Old joke:

Bloke in toilet, to chap at adjacent pissoir: "This is where the big knobs hang out" ...

OK. I'll get me coat ...

Old, but then, so am I.

Mate, that was old when Methuselah was a lad. 😄

My Store

My Gallery

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:41 PM

So? I reckon that at 80 I'm allowed some silly old jokes ...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 4:16 PM

A_Sunbeam posted at 10:14PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363620

Indeed you are. Long may you be posting 'em, too.

BTW, what's the story behind your avatar? I'm guessing it's a stylized blue cat.

My Store

My Gallery

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 11:39 PM

SamTherapy posted at 5:38AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363642

A_Sunbeam posted at 10:14PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363620

Indeed you are. Long may you be posting 'em, too.

BTW, what's the story behind your avatar? I'm guessing it's a stylized blue cat.

It's a tangram, made up of shapes that form a square:

TangramCat.png

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 1:37 AM

Ah, I used to enjoy playing with those as a nipper.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 4:13 AM

Further to the "Nobody uses ugly old Judy anyhow", I have a few characters based on Judy that I do use from time to time. One of 'em - bought here - is Farah, by Quarker (of hair fame) and several of the TenTen free characters.

Guess it's back to Cr2 hacking for me. :(

My Store

My Gallery

Kerya ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 4:14 AM

RedPhantom posted at 4:07AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363534

In the article about the update, they said they were supporting figures "Alyson, Ben, Ben2, James, Jessi, Kate, Kate2, Paul, Paul2 Pauline, Pauline2, Rex, Roxie, Ryan, SimonG2 and SydneyG2." It's possible they meant Jessi and James g2 in which case they are no longer supporting any figures that need that option so in that sense the feature is obsolete. Even if they didn't mean the g2 figures, it's only 2 figures, one of whom you can get his genitalia to show without it. (no it doesn't do anything to the kids) so that leaves one figure. It probably didn't seem worth it to keep a feature for one figure everyone says is an alien anyhow.

Welllllll, Geometry switching is used in all kinds of content, not only genitals. Like the HMS Victory at Daz3d. OK, I do get that this is not the targeted store here, but it is the first item that came to my mind. I do know there are other figures that are using it, just don't remember them at the moment. I think I am never going to buy the upgrade to Poser 11 ...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 6:52 AM

Kerya posted at 12:51PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363782

Welllllll, Geometry switching is used in all kinds of content, not only genitals. Like the HMS Victory at Daz3d. OK, I do get that this is not the targeted store here, but it is the first item that came to my mind. I do know there are other figures that are using it, just don't remember them at the moment. I think I am never going to buy the upgrade to Poser 11 ...

Geometry switching still works. I use it on many of my models. It's the dedicated "Genitals" switch that's gone from the Figure menu.

My Store

My Gallery

Kerya ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 7:31 AM

SamTherapy posted at 7:31AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363801

Kerya posted at 12:51PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363782

Geometry switching still works. I use it on many of my models. It's the dedicated "Genitals" switch that's gone from the Figure menu.

Thank you for clarifying!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 7:32 AM
Site Admin

If the geometry switching still works, can that be used to get the genitals in for Judy and Jessi and then save those as new figures for future use?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 11:28 AM

RedPhantom posted at 5:27PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363813

If the geometry switching still works, can that be used to get the genitals in for Judy and Jessi and then save those as new figures for future use?

As I said above, it probably can but I'll have to edit the Cr2 to allow it.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 12:06 PM

Well, I now have a Judy with visible lady bits. Sort of. After editing the Cr2 to ignore the minge-less version, I have a hip with a blank space where the genitals should be. Making them visible in the hierarchy editor cures that problem. I need to re-edit to make them visible by default.

Next is to make the characters I use point to that version of Judy.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 12:26 PM

More weirdness. The genital body part isn't set to invisible in the Cr2, yet it always loads as such. Oh well, never mind.

My Store

My Gallery

quietrob ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 1:15 PM

EClark1894 posted at 11:13AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363449

What the? I'm NOT fine with that!? With all of the suggestions that have been brought up, someone was tossing and turning all night, woke up in a cold sweat and said, "MUST GET RID OF FIGURE SWITCH!"

Bring back my figure switch!!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 1:24 PM

I have a funny story about the Genitals switch...

Our very own Ilona, vendor of many fine products, great artist (Yes, I'm biased, so sue me) and namesake of my daughter, once told me she was making a presentation for some company or other, and using Poser in preview mode to show a prepared scene. The scene contained several Mike 2, all clothed but...

She forgot to switch genitals off before loading.

So, right in front of a bunch of corporate suit types, there's this Poser scene loaded with several Mikes, all with their knobs flapping in the breeze.

😂

My Store

My Gallery

quietrob ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 2:01 PM

SamTherapy posted at 12:01PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363867

I have a funny story about the Genitals switch...

Our very own Ilona, vendor of many fine products, great artist (Yes, I'm biased, so sue me) and namesake of my daughter, once told me she was making a presentation for some company or other, and using Poser in preview mode to show a prepared scene. The scene contained several Mike 2, all clothed but...

She forgot to switch genitals off before loading.

So, right in front of a bunch of corporate suit types, there's this Poser scene loaded with several Mikes, all with their knobs flapping in the breeze.

😂 LMAO!!!! 😂

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 4:56 PM

Give a whole new meaning to "Free Willy".

My Store

My Gallery

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 4:59 PM

If you want to activate the willy switch, open the Python Shell window and type:

poser.ProcessCommand(1370)

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 5:50 PM

Interesting. Ta very much, mate.

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 6:15 PM

Holy cow, it works.

quietrob ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 6:35 PM

I want to try this...but I'm afraid it will affect all willy's everywhere. 😆

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 6:37 PM

randym77 posted at 12:37AM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4363956

Holy cow, it works.

I didn't see any cows.

My Store

My Gallery

quietrob ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 6:58 PM

A_Sunbeam posted at 4:53PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363620

80? Much respect!!

Now then, I have to try this out...What the dickens? Talk about Free Willy!

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 7:27 PM

SamTherapy posted at 7:27PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363964

randym77 posted at 12:37AM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4363956

Holy cow, it works.

I didn't see any cows.

What, no one ever made a cow with an udder switch? :-D

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 10:14 PM

quietrob posted at 11:11PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363865

What the? I'm NOT fine with that!? With all of the suggestions that have been brought up, someone was tossing and turning all night, woke up in a cold sweat and said, "MUST GET RID OF FIGURE SWITCH!"

The Figure Height selection only ever worked in like the first three versions of Poser, and only on those figures in those versions.

quietrob ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 11:10 PM

EClark1894 posted at 9:06PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363996

The Figure Height selection only ever worked in like the first three versions of Poser, and only on those figures in those versions.

I have no experience with Poser 1 through 3 but certainly I'll take your word for it. However, with Poser 7, 9 and 11, it worked fine for me. There was a caveat that with the Heroic figure, the arms needed to be manually lengthen at the bicep but I had already made a simply pose that did only that. It served as a basis for group scenes as you don't want everyone the same height. I may be fighting the wind but I want it known that someone (me) used that figure height selection and want it back.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 2:28 AM

quietrob posted at 8:26AM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364001

I have no experience with Poser 1 through 3 but certainly I'll take your word for it. However, with Poser 7, 9 and 11, it worked fine for me. There was a caveat that with the Heroic figure, the arms needed to be manually lengthen at the bicep but I had already made a simply pose that did only that. It served as a basis for group scenes as you don't want everyone the same height. I may be fighting the wind but I want it known that someone (me) used that figure height selection and want it back.

Never used it, meself. For crowds, on the rare occasion I've done a pic with crowds, I like to use a variety of figures, and often use the Poser Casual things, and if necessary, scale legs and stuff like that for a bit of variety.

Maybe Snarly can whip up a script to restore the function if you ask him nicely.

My Store

My Gallery

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 4:55 AM

quietrob posted at 5:53AM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364001

The point I was making is that figures at that time, were made to work with that selection. Starting with Daz figures Vicky 2 and on, they stopped. If you still have an older version of Poser on your computer, you can always use The Figure Height selection in that version.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.