Mon, Sep 9, 4:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Thread for those new to Hivewire figures

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 10:54 AM

mmalbert posted at 10:48AM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4363987

Lee, I think your Dusk looks great. I wish he had a Narrow Waist morph; I made a mention of that during the recent dial spin contest.

Hi mmalbert! I've done several iterations of my narrow hip morph and finally created an inject morph. It works well on Dusk and am pretty happy with it.

However, there's a better solution for getting Dusk some additional shaping morphs. I decided to load the base Dusk SE into Poser and injected Dawn's various morph injection files into him. Then I decided which morphs I wanted to keep (and that worked well) for Dusk and exported morph injection files for him. Now I have Dawn's excellent hip/waist morphs for Dusk and they work fantastically well. So happy with the results.

Here's a render with Dusk that has some of Dawn's morphs dialed in.

Lee

DuskArtPose3A-Exvellere-1.jpg

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 11:41 AM

WOW, I never would've thought of using some of Dawn's morphs with Dusk! Well done, again, sir. Keep up the good work. 😉

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 2:07 PM

Miss B posted at 8:06PM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4366320

WOW, I never would've thought of using some of Dawn's morphs with Dusk! Well done, again, sir. Keep up the good work. 😉

I agree, that is a neat move I would never have thought of. Love the render.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 3:44 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2019 at 3:48 PM

Thank you, Miss B and hornet3d!

I tried going the other way, from Dusk over to Dawn. Everything starts out okay, but as I suspected, once you start posing, the joint centers and/or weight maps begin to spaghettify the mesh. For a minute I thought I'd have a Lady Ruckus to go with Ruckus. LOL! Perhaps some more tinkering with which Dusk morphs I inject and whether Dawn's morphs are loaded first. If anyone else experiments with this stuff, please do share what you find! 😀

I hope others find this tip useful and thank you again for the kind comments on my render!

UPDATE: It LOOKS like if you inject Dawn's morphs into the base Dawn and THEN inject Dusk's morphs, the bending issues are resolved. Will post more as I play around with this. I might get a Lady Ruckus and a Lady Gorilla after all. 😀

Lee

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 4:13 PM

LeeMoon posted at 5:07PM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4366338

Thank you, Miss B and hornet3d!

I tried going the other way, from Dusk over to Dawn. Everything starts out okay, but as I suspected, once you start posing, the joint centers and/or weight maps begin to spaghettify the mesh. For a minute I thought I'd have a Lady Ruckus to go with Ruckus. LOL! Perhaps some more tinkering with which Dusk morphs I inject and whether Dawn's morphs are loaded first. If anyone else experiments with this stuff, please do share what you find! 😀

I hope others find this tip useful and thank you again for the kind comments on my render!

UPDATE: It LOOKS like if you inject Dawn's morphs into the base Dawn and THEN inject Dusk's morphs, the bending issues are resolved. Will post more as I play around with this. I might get a Lady Ruckus and a Lady Gorilla after all. 😀

Lee

One thing you might want to play with is Match Centers to Morph:

!MatchCenters.jpg

This will help with the "gumby" distortions.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 4:49 PM

Thank you so much, Traci!

The Match Centers to Morph worked wonders. I'm still goofing around with Dusk-to-Dawn morphs and like what is happening. Your advice was wonderful! 😀

Lee

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 5:06 PM

LeeMoon posted at 6:05PM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4366345

Thank you so much, Traci!

The Match Centers to Morph worked wonders. I'm still goofing around with Dusk-to-Dawn morphs and like what is happening. Your advice was wonderful! 😀

Lee

This is one of the advantages of everyone being on the same version of Poser. No more "Standard or Pro" questions before we offer advice to other users.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 5:11 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 5:09PM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4366347

This is one of the advantages of everyone being on the same version of Poser. No more "Standard or Pro" questions before we offer advice to other users.

Agreed! This will make it so much easier going forward.

Lee

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 5:33 PM

Here you go... Lady Ruckus.

Dawn with Dusk's Ruckus morphs injected (and a bunch more of Dusk's morphs.) Dialed down the hands scale and gave her a more hourglass figure (at least for a Ruckus figure! LOL). Please ignore the poor lighting, render quality, etc. as this is just a technical test of intermixing Dusk's and Dawn's morphs. I think they can work well across figures and am happy with the results I'm seeing.

Lee

LadyRuckusLeaps1.jpg

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2019 at 4:41 AM

LeeMoon posted at 10:40AM Tue, 08 October 2019 - #4366358

Here you go... Lady Ruckus.

Dawn with Dusk's Ruckus morphs injected (and a bunch more of Dusk's morphs.) Dialed down the hands scale and gave her a more hourglass figure (at least for a Ruckus figure! LOL). Please ignore the poor lighting, render quality, etc. as this is just a technical test of intermixing Dusk's and Dawn's morphs. I think they can work well across figures and am happy with the results I'm seeing.

Lee

LadyRuckusLeaps1.jpg

That is simply amazing.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Pommerlis ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2019 at 5:47 AM
Online Now!

That is a great idea Lee to mix the morphs! I think I might have a go at that aswell!

LeeMoon ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2019 at 11:00 AM

Thank you, hornet3d and Pommerlis!

For Dusk, I only brought over a few of Dawn's morphs to give him a few additional body adjustments. I might add more as I expand the number of unique characters I make with him. I'm so delighted that many of the morphs can be mixed. I've done this over the years with figures that share the same base mesh. It gives a look of continuity when the style of one character can match another one.

So very happy with Dusk and Dawn! Thank you HiveWire 3D and all the vendors and enthusiasts who support them!! 💯

Lee

CHK2033 ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2019 at 10:25 AM

Pommerlis posted at 10:23AM Wed, 09 October 2019 - #4365804

NaturesChild1400x1000.jpg

Nice image ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

mmalbert ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2019 at 3:27 PM

LeeMoon posted at 3:23PM Wed, 09 October 2019 - #4366317

Lee, I think your Dusk looks great. I wish he had a Narrow Waist morph; I made a mention of that during the recent dial spin contest.

Hi mmalbert! I've done several iterations of my narrow hip morph and finally created an inject morph. It works well on Dusk and am pretty happy with it.

However, there's a better solution for getting Dusk some additional shaping morphs. I decided to load the base Dusk SE into Poser and injected Dawn's various morph injection files into him. Then I decided which morphs I wanted to keep (and that worked well) for Dusk and exported morph injection files for him. Now I have Dawn's excellent hip/waist morphs for Dusk and they work fantastically well. So happy with the results.

Lee

Thanks, Lee! I haven't tried the DS way of doing this, but I should give it a try. I converted a bunch of free Dawn morphs for use with Dusk, so I could go through a grab some of the Dawn ones that I think would be useful for Dusk. He's missing a few standard ones that she has.

Going to add this to my way too long To Do List.

BTW, that's a lovely render of Dusk. Glad to see him getting a little love too.

Hornet3d, thanks for the info on the texture you used on your character. I actually have that resource in my wishlist; one of these days I'll get around to picking it up. :) I have Oriana too. Her morphs don't work in DS but the textures were easy to convert over.

My freebies page has moved: RedEyeCat

Napalmarsenal ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2019 at 4:52 PM · edited Wed, 09 October 2019 at 4:53 PM

Hey guys just thought I would drop a line about Grimalkin which is now available at Hivewire for the HIvewire House Cat, and YEP it's for Poser too!!

Thanks Janet, Ken, and Tracy for helping get it converted over !!! I really appreciate you guys. Catula is next for the HiveWire House Cat....... just need to finish up a few things on the readme file and get it into QAV. It will be an update to the Daz Studio version. Then, we are looking at something Toony for the HiveWire Deer. Also not too far off is the Reindeer morph for the Hivewire Mule Deer looking pretty cool!

Poser AR.jpg

AR 7.jpg

Napalmarsenal ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2019 at 5:05 PM · edited Wed, 09 October 2019 at 5:07 PM

mmalbert posted at 5:05PM Wed, 09 October 2019 - #4366526

LeeMoon posted at 3:23PM Wed, 09 October 2019 - #4366317

Lee

Thanks, Lee! I haven't tried the DS way of doing this, but I should give it a try. I converted a bunch of free Dawn morphs for use with Dusk, so I could go through a grab some of the Dawn ones that I think would be useful for Dusk. He's missing a few standard ones that she has.

Going to add this to my way too long To Do List.

BTW, that's a lovely render of Dusk. Glad to see him getting a little love too.

Hornet3d, thanks for the info on the texture you used on your character. I actually have that resource in my wishlist; one of these days I'll get around to picking it up. :) I have Oriana too. Her morphs don't work in DS but the textures were easy to convert over.

Really nice pose and character! Lee!

Pommie Love this image!! Such beautiful colors!

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2019 at 5:53 PM

My subby button doesn't seem to always work so I'm Pinging for awesomeness.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2019 at 3:22 PM

Thank you, mmalbert and Napalmarsenal!

I've been down for a few days with migraine and am just catching up on the forums. Thank you for the kind words regarding my efforts with Dusk and Poser. I'm really enjoying the versatility of Dusk, especially after loading him with a wide variety of his available morphs and those from Dawn. I think I'm going to get a lot out of Dusk (and Dawn) in the future. Such well thought out figures!

Here's another re-hash of my prior Dusk render showing off more of his physique when using some of Dawn's hip/waist/leg morphs, and a sprinkling of Ruckus, Sculpted, Rodrigo shapes, Dante, and the loincloth (with the flaps made invisible) to make a nice posing strap. Oh, and I used the BagginsBill skin shader in EZSkin3 this time (and some Photoshop tonal/contrast work afterwards.) I like Dusk's expression on this one. Very much the opposite of how I felt while having a migraine. LOL!

Lee

Dusk-Dante Soccer.jpg

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2019 at 8:44 PM

Dusk Joker. Tux went to testing tonight.

DuskJoker.jpg

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 3:42 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 3:39PM Sat, 19 October 2019 - #4367509

Dusk Joker. Tux went to testing tonight.

DuskJoker.jpg

Traci, your Red Carpet Tux clothing set for Dusk is wonderful. I love the long tail tuxedo! 😀

Lee

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2019 at 2:39 PM

Thanks, Lee!

The Red Carpet set for Dawn and Dusk hit the store this morning at 50% off. One week only!

ArriveRC-Tux.jpg

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Mon, 04 November 2019 at 9:30 PM · edited Mon, 04 November 2019 at 9:30 PM

A lot of people on the hive have already see. This image of my free Nikita character for dawn. But still maybe not everybody on rosity.DawnNikita1.jpg

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Mon, 04 November 2019 at 9:35 PM

I am aware of the lip normal map, not matching up on this render. I have that fixed now. I also added fiber mesh peach fuzz to the face and neck. I wanted to use fiber mesh also on the jumper but my pc couldn't handle it.

I changed dawns eye ball shape to simulate that of a real eye. I also modeled the hair for this figure.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Mon, 04 November 2019 at 9:53 PM

I am also developing this character for dawn and upcoming dawn 2.0. I love working on different characters. The hivewire figures are very easy to morph.jolie.jpg

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2019 at 12:18 AM

I like you're Nikita character, and this new one you're working on is looking good as well. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2019 at 9:08 AM

Dawn's Asian cousin has arrived and can't wait to go downtown with her

DawnAsian1.jpg

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2019 at 3:49 PM

Do you have these nice characters for Dawn somewhere we can obtain them? Or are they only for your own personal use?

Butterfly Dezignz

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2019 at 8:40 PM

Miss B posted at 8:33PM Thu, 07 November 2019 - #4369506

Do you have these nice characters for Dawn somewhere we can obtain them? Or are they only for your own personal use?

That is a good question. Nikita is free. I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link here. I however updated her skin textures and will re-upload her this week.

I am personally very afraid to let my characters go into the wild. In the past, when the chat was still here, I often showed examples and also on the Smith micro forum I sometimes posted a picture. People have asked me in private too where they could buy them. In all honesty I too afraid I can't live up to expectations. I never told people this haha. But to make a character sellable I have to make some changes too. I have created all the above characters with very resource hungry materials. I am still tinkering about releasing some other characters that I haven't showed yet.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2019 at 8:41 PM

As you can see, the Asian character uses nikitas eye textures haha. I was too lazy to make new ones.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2019 at 10:11 PM

Liquid_Ice posted at 11:09PM Thu, 07 November 2019 - #4369523

Miss B posted at 8:33PM Thu, 07 November 2019 - #4369506

That is a good question. Nikita is free. I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link here. I however updated her skin textures and will re-upload her this week.

I think you can add a link in plain text. You may not be able to add a "live" link. IOW, just type it out, rather than using the Link button at the bottom of the posting text area.

Butterfly Dezignz

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2019 at 4:42 PM

Wow Liquid - your renders look photorealistic. the jumper in the firs tone looks completely real even without that fuzz. that is the most realistic 3d render i have EVER seen!

Great work! Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2019 at 6:21 PM

estherau posted at 6:19PM Wed, 20 November 2019 - #4370810

Wow Liquid - your renders look photorealistic. the jumper in the firs tone looks completely real even without that fuzz. that is the most realistic 3d render i have EVER seen!

Great work! Love esther

Esther thank you, I used wilmap's clothing for this one and a simple hdri. i need to change the shaders for I dont really like them.. All i did was changing the texture and a normal map for the feel of a jumper( it is actually a sweater if im not mistaken lol)

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2019 at 6:42 PM

Ok ... here is my first test with Dawn ... African face morph ... Texture done by me from default texture ... Hope you like the result.

I really like the result

LeeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2019 at 8:59 PM · edited Thu, 12 December 2019 at 9:00 PM

Another render of Dusk doing a beekcake pose. As I've mentioned many times before, I love Dusk and his add-ons!

Thank you to all who have provided freebies and commercial products for him. I'm still simultaneously learning Poser Pro 11, Dusk, and SuperFly. It's a slow but very rewarding process for me.

I hope others are inspired by the images others are showing in this thread and will give Dusk, Dawn, and all the other HiveWire 3D content a look.

Lee

DuskAthleticPose2A.jpg

Retrowave ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2020 at 5:53 PM

hornet3d posted at 5:08PM Fri, 03 January 2020 - #4363788

I thought it might be of interest to show how my Dawn Character developed over the years.

A very early concept towards the end of 2015

New Girl RE.jpg

By the December of 2015 she had matured a little.

Midnight -0.06 HS RE.jpg

Then by late 2016 she was beginning to travel

Huntress with hat RE.jpg

and gained a friend, thanks to HiveWire 3D

Impunity j RE.jpg

She was always meant to be a time traveller but at least the style needs to change so 2018 she had a new style. I don't tend to render nudes but this exposes a little more of the character. The outfit is actually a woodland outfit but I have played with the materials to make is work in the time frame.

Woodland Alt RE.jpg

By 2019 she is closer to the earlier renders in this thread, the major change being the hair colour.

Alyssa Outfit RE.jpg

Must admit she's one of the tastiest looking characters I've seen (not so keen on her friend in the fourth image though). Interesting, cause from the first time I ever saw Dawn, she came across as the perfect base for a mature woman, and it's actually quite odd how often I see characters based on Dawn, and I almost always prefer them over the others. Makes me wonder if there's something inherently persuasive about the base that encourages people to create the sort of characters they are creating for her.

Anyway, I think she's very pretty, and while I have no clue as to the popularity of mature women characters, I think she'd sell well if you were to put her on the market, especially if the whole body texture was as good as the face.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2020 at 7:29 AM

Retrowave posted at 1:22PM Sat, 04 January 2020 - #4375421

hornet3d posted at 5:08PM Fri, 03 January 2020 - #4363788

I thought it might be of interest to show how my Dawn Character developed over the years.

A very early concept towards the end of 2015

New Girl RE.jpg

By the December of 2015 she had matured a little.

Midnight -0.06 HS RE.jpg

Then by late 2016 she was beginning to travel

Huntress with hat RE.jpg

and gained a friend, thanks to HiveWire 3D

Impunity j RE.jpg

She was always meant to be a time traveller but at least the style needs to change so 2018 she had a new style. I don't tend to render nudes but this exposes a little more of the character. The outfit is actually a woodland outfit but I have played with the materials to make is work in the time frame.

Woodland Alt RE.jpg

By 2019 she is closer to the earlier renders in this thread, the major change being the hair colour.

Alyssa Outfit RE.jpg

Must admit she's one of the tastiest looking characters I've seen (not so keen on her friend in the fourth image though). Interesting, cause from the first time I ever saw Dawn, she came across as the perfect base for a mature woman, and it's actually quite odd how often I see characters based on Dawn, and I almost always prefer them over the others. Makes me wonder if there's something inherently persuasive about the base that encourages people to create the sort of characters they are creating for her.

Anyway, I think she's very pretty, and while I have no clue as to the popularity of mature women characters, I think she'd sell well if you were to put her on the market, especially if the whole body texture was as good as the face.

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately for some who have shown an interest my Caoimhe character will never be up for sale as it is created using so many different commercial products. I did not use the original Dawn, mainly due to the lack of morphs. Dawn SE was a different case entirely and I think that the availability of some great high quality morphs is one the the reasons Dawn is used for what I regard as some of the more interesting characters.

The whole body texture is indeed as good as the face as it is based on 'Master Skin Resource 7 by 3Dream' I do not generally render nudes but you can have a look at the product here at Rendo to see the full promos. The body of my character is slightly modified as I found the knees a little too extreme for what I wanted so the maps are blended with another resource.

Retrowave ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2020 at 11:51 AM

Well very nice anyway, I especially like the first three faces, even though there are differences. Thanks for the heads-up on the texture, I've noticed 3Dream does some quality stuff so I'll check it out and might buy it if I end up continuing with Poser.

Just want to clarify what I meant as well cause I could not edit my post in time. It sounds in my post as if I more often than not prefer Dawn characters. But what I actually meant was that whenever I see a mature woman character I like the look of, and check which base was used, it is more often than not based on Dawn. It's something I've noticed, even from people such as yourself who make images for their gallery or whatever but the figure itself not for sale, it's amazing how many times the base is Dawn.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2020 at 12:21 PM

Retrowave posted at 6:05PM Sat, 04 January 2020 - #4375482

Well very nice anyway, I especially like the first three faces, even though there are differences. Thanks for the heads-up on the texture, I've noticed 3Dream does some quality stuff so I'll check it out and might buy it if I end up continuing with Poser.

Just want to clarify what I meant as well cause I could not edit my post in time. It sounds in my post as if I more often than not prefer Dawn characters. But what I actually meant was that whenever I see a mature woman character I like the look of, and check which base was used, it is more often than not based on Dawn. It's something I've noticed, even from people such as yourself who make images for their gallery or whatever but the figure itself not for sale, it's amazing how many times the base is Dawn.

Thanks for the clarification but that is what I understood from your earlier comments, I think the point is that most default female figures are on the young side so if you want a mature looking figure you have to either do some extra modelling or a lot of dial spinning. That being the case the choice of which base figure is used may be influenced by the merchant resources and morph packs available. I did make a mature character based on V4 and later V4WM (weight mapped) but I found Dawn SE a much easier prospect. The skin map is very important though and I was lucky 3Dream did the mature resource for Dawn, without it the character would be far less convincing.

I don't tend to use other figures so I really don't know how easy they are at creating mature female characters for but there is certainly enough skin and morph packs about for Dawn SE to make it possible with very little skill and a lot of trial and error, which is how Caoimhe was created.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.