Thu, Sep 19, 9:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: P4WWG?

Michael ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 1999 at 4:46 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 9:09 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Got a new hd - erased lots of stuff unfortunately. can't find the poser4 wwg anymore - neither P4VAE - nor P4Realwoman. can someone please help me? thanks in advance Michael

Traveler ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 1999 at 5:03 PM

I am working on a repost of them for Friday :) I got a little behind on the Morph World updates because my %@$@&@*(!(!(@@^#^#& computer and CD burner decided to not be friends anymore and started WW3. Everything is calm, things are back on track :) -Trav

Ikyoto ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 1999 at 5:34 PM

Trav, you and I and cd burners... My second one crapped out on me in under three months. The people at Sony customer support really got an ear ful. I work in the industry and when they found out that I conrotl one of the distibution e-commerce servers for their major US distributors they went nuts to get me a new one. I hate having to use leverage, but DAMN IT I have too much stuff not to have a burner!

Traveler ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 1999 at 5:39 PM

I have gave up on mine. I will never buy another burner again. HP have kinda cured me of that. I am sticking to my zip disks. Sure they may be more expensive, but I have never had a single problem with them. -Trav

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 1999 at 6:42 PM

It's all about the yamaha 4416 Scsi guys... Nearly One year and still going strong...not one single problem :) -Darth_Logice

Foxhollow ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 1999 at 7:41 PM

YUP..my Yamaha scsi works flawlessly..

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 1999 at 8:49 PM

Please, please, PLEASE tell me which ones youall hate. I'm going to buy one before the end of the year. Trav, I have Zip drive too, and have a lot of disks--but they do get expensive. I've also been waiting for the 'click of death' thingie LOL. I'm also NOT a hardware type person so have sort of wanted to slide by a scsi card. There are several USB ones out there--anyone using one?? Diane B

ARADTech ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 1999 at 9:20 PM

Yamaha is the only way to go...

dutchman ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 1999 at 9:35 PM

How about you guys telling me about your CD Burners. What happened to them. What don't they do? dutchman

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 1999 at 11:10 PM

Well back to the poor guy's question.... The VAE is at: http://Nitrane.web1000.com/sarenna.htm and the WWG is at Hellborn's site: http://home.swipnet.se/~w-12882/wwg.htm from your "Friendly Neighborhood Scarabman" "Scarabman, scarabman....does whatever a scarab can! Dont ask!....he's just the scarabmaaaaaaaaaan!!!"

zett ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 1999 at 1:13 AM

I work with the Yamaha 4416 and the Plextor 8220. Both SCSI, both without problems. ZETT

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 1999 at 1:46 AM
Forum Moderator

Wish I had some leverage on sony. I've been trying to pry and RMA out of their lame TS dept. for 3 weeks. I tried the damn thing in 3 computers. They still tellin me it can't be their fault. 3 systems can't all have the same problem.

LoboUK ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 1999 at 4:30 AM

SCSI and the Ricoh something or other. (Grrrr, don't you just hate it when you're in front of a different PC and can't quite remember what kit you've got on your real PC?) I've been using it for about 12 months now, and no problems so far. Paul

Traveler ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 1999 at 7:22 AM

HP7200E, the damn thing is making frisbees (and believe me I have thrown enough across the room) I have tried 2 different burners on two machines and they either won't format the CD at all, or they do and then drop out like a 10th of the way through the burn process. Now HP is sending me a new set of power cords and parallel cords but I have my doubts on that one too. I am basically giving up on it. My best advice, go to one of the newsgroup search places and search for the drive that you want to buy's model #. If you come back with alot of horror stories..... don't buy that one. If I had before I bought mine, I would have never shelled out the cash I did for it. -Trav

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 1999 at 7:37 AM

Picnic.....avoid HP like the plague I had 3 each lasted one month each I got suspicious when PC world kept stock under the counter and handed a new one without question.....I have a mitsumi just the cheapy ide 4 times burn 8 read and no rewriting and its nearly a year old and works great ......Steve PS a review I wrote is here and some other cd ones too i think http://the-internet-eye.com

Ikyoto ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 1999 at 7:39 AM

Sony - and the on board cache burns out faster than a hippy in a phamicology lab. My own fault for goinging low end. The SCSI here at work is teh Yamaha and it works like it should - I'm just cheap. The zip 250's are worth it. And (now back on topic) Trav - WW3?? What are you doing this time?? Mail me.

picnic ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 1999 at 7:52 AM

Thank you, I was looking at an HP. Steve, after you or someone mentioned the Mitsumi, I tried to find it online or around here but have had no success so far. Seems most like the Yamahas. I'll look into those and read the articles Steve has mentioned. I usually look for reviews on ZDnet, but often they are quite dated. Thanks all, Diane B

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 1999 at 8:50 AM

Don't get HP anything except printers. B&W printers at that:) USB or SCSI is the way to go with burners and scanners - but I have mucho zipdisks piled up around me so my zipdrive is here to stay. A zip disk question - anyone else have both a 100 and a 250? my 250 occaisonally decides the 100's are unformatted (grrrr) The only fix so far is to reinstall the dratted thing. Now on my 2nd zip of DL poser stuff. :)

quesswho ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 1999 at 11:17 AM

I have an HP 8490, had it for about 1 yr. and no problems( knock on wood) I do find that I can't alter files on my cd-rw disks. I got the usb zip drive and I love it. I have had problems with the scanner and printer though(both HP) but the service dept. at compusa knows me very well(had 1 guy fired and another quit because of me and my old computer) but they were replaced with no problems and worked fine since.

Traveler ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 1999 at 5:02 PM

I have a HP Scanner (USB) , Camera, and Printer and have never had a problem with any of them. I did play the phone maze game today and will be returning the drive (Yea!) For right now I am sticking with my trusty old zip drive. I have had that sucker for over 2 years and never a single problem. Now that they have a USB one I may go that way :) Burners..... well um.... maybe... they are just SO DARN COOL :) On the P4WWG thread (isn't that what this started out as?) I am loading the files now, and they will be live at Morph World tonight, along with some other goodies :) (Will be in the character section) -Trav

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 1999 at 5:09 PM

Yep its kind of odd I'm on my second hp printer and there great my first choice every time, i've heard good tales about usb cd writers though might be worth looking at............Steve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.