Wed, Oct 2, 11:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: How do I turn off Blue Reflections on model?

CHMedia ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2020 at 2:23 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:45 PM

I tried to render my latest gallery image in Superfly but used firefly instead because of all that blue.

I really like the reflections in the window but how do I turn it off on the model?

How do I make it look less grainy?

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 2.22.21 PM.png

structure ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2020 at 3:33 PM · edited Wed, 26 February 2020 at 3:35 PM
Forum Coordinator

I am not sure this is the answer but that looks like your lights are too bright.

also if those are firefly materials, you will possibly need to edit them.

As for the grainy, there a couple of denoisers out there. Generally speaking the higher the render settings, the less grain there is.

Locked Out

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2020 at 8:28 PM

That definitely looks like specular bloom associated with lighting conditions. However, I don't see it everywhere on the model, the pants and the black top are not showing any signs of blooming. You can get this effect when Gamma Correction is incorrectly set to 1 or turned off entirely. It would be interesting to see the render, material, and lighting settings to try to implement corrective suggestions.

bantha ( ) posted Thu, 27 February 2020 at 8:27 AM

It lookl like too much lights with an unsuitable shader. Could you please show us the material, with the node view?

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

CHMedia ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2020 at 9:39 AM

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 4.09.47 PM.png

CHMedia ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2020 at 11:20 AM

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 11.15.40 AM.png

I've only ever done nodes in blender...

This is the default after selecting La Femme's body. Should I sample from another part of the image?

ironsoul ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2020 at 1:28 PM

I'm not familar with the spec/gloss method but for everyday materials like wood/cloth/metal the roughness/metal approach will work well since you only set the roughness and the physicalsurface node will do all the math for you. My suggestion would be to unplug the Gloss/Sepcular convertor from both parameters and drive the highlights via the roughness value.

structure ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2020 at 2:27 PM · edited Fri, 28 February 2020 at 2:28 PM
Forum Coordinator

turn off branched path tracing for superfly

Locked Out

ghostship2 ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2020 at 3:59 PM

structure posted at 2:57PM Fri, 28 February 2020 - #4382060

turn off branched path tracing for superfly

I would agree that this is the problem. It looks like fireflys caused by clamp set to 0 which is the case when you turn BPT on.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.