Thu, Sep 19, 10:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:54 am)

Subject: I found a way!!! Fully fuctional HD morphs in Daz (Sub-D 2)

felldude ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2020 at 3:29 AM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:13 AM

This isn't clickbait it is an update for something I have been working on and found a way to do.

Fully working Genesis 8 HD, backwards compatible with all poses and clothing. And most importantly !!!!HD MORPHS YOU CAN CREATE YOURSELF!!!!

The above is an example of one morph I made in less then 5 minutes in blender.

Oh and did I mention it is the same exact render time. The only downside is using the universal tool or any posing that manipulates multiple dials at once has some slow down.

I am not good at making tutorials but I will continue to update here as I work and test.

Very experienced Daz users that also have experience writing easy to understand tutorials....I would be glad to share my knowledge early, for some help.

Screenshot.jpg

Consider supporting my work on Patreon

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2020 at 8:16 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Flagged nudity for you.

felldude ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2020 at 9:44 AM

Thanks the lack of ability to edit the first post after so many minutes bugs me on this site.

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2020 at 10:30 AM
Online Now!

Sounds exciting.

Jack238 ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2020 at 12:47 PM

I agree, it does sound interesting

felldude ( ) posted Thu, 21 May 2020 at 12:16 AM ยท edited Thu, 21 May 2020 at 12:17 AM

Video Demo Uploaded

Video

RobotHeadArt ( ) posted Thu, 21 May 2020 at 9:34 AM

What is this? Did you take the existing G8F, export at Subdiv2, import, rerig with G8F skeleton? This would mean existing G8F morphs wouldn't work with this new mesh.

felldude ( ) posted Thu, 21 May 2020 at 7:24 PM

RobotHeadArt posted at 7:22PM Thu, 21 May 2020 - #4389782

What is this? Did you take the existing G8F, export at Subdiv2, import, rerig with G8F skeleton? This would mean existing G8F morphs wouldn't work with this new mesh.

Partially but as you said if it where that simple most functionality would be gone and the entire reason for making it work in Daz would be moot

Here is default dev load G8F by HD G8F with Daz standard Pear figure morph applied.

Screen.jpg

Razor42 ( ) posted Thu, 21 May 2020 at 8:25 PM

Wouldn't this break all the joint correctives and flexions in the Genesis 8 figure? Some of these correctives are pretty complex to rebuild with a process like it seems you are using here.

felldude ( ) posted Thu, 21 May 2020 at 9:09 PM

Razor42 posted at 9:09PM Thu, 21 May 2020 - #4389820

Wouldn't this break all the joint correctives and flexions in the Genesis 8 figure? Some of these correctives are pretty complex to rebuild with a process like it seems you are using here.

Thankfully those files are not encrypted

Razor42 ( ) posted Thu, 21 May 2020 at 9:17 PM

But there are upwards of 100 of them for each base figure and hundreds more for each character. Most are not direct morphs but only apply during certain circumstances requiring specific configuration. Wouldn't each need to be exported at the higher res and then manually reapplied taking tens if not hundreds of hours of work?

I'm not sure what encryption has to do with your process?

felldude ( ) posted Thu, 21 May 2020 at 10:23 PM

Razor42 posted at 10:20PM Thu, 21 May 2020 - #4389823

But there are upwards of 100 of them for each base figure and hundreds more for each character. Most are not direct morphs but only apply during certain circumstances requiring specific configuration. Wouldn't each need to be exported at the higher res and then manually reapplied taking tens if not hundreds of hours of work?

I'm not sure what encryption has to do with your process?

I have all the correctives with the updated geometry, its just a process of ensuring they are called on as correctives,

Screen.jpg

Razor42 ( ) posted Thu, 21 May 2020 at 10:40 PM

I'm pretty confused as to how they would work on a different geometry base, as they are morphs built on the base figure geometry and generally work on the HD figures through the use of Sub D. I am interested to know more about your process when you are ready to reveal it.

Winterbrose ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2020 at 4:39 AM

We are in the process of creating our latest morphing tutorial for Genesis 8 figures, and this sounds very interesting. Especially since Daz3D is very secretive about how to create HD morphs and limits their knowledge base to registered vendors at Daz.

felldude ( ) posted Fri, 29 May 2020 at 10:43 AM ยท edited Fri, 29 May 2020 at 10:44 AM

Screen.jpg

Still investigating that I am not giving myself a false positve, but I am optimistic that I have an HD morph that will load on the base version of G8F. Notice the HD level on the morph.

felldude ( ) posted Fri, 29 May 2020 at 11:14 AM

Well I did succeed at creating a very high quality low definition version of an HD morph I had made. I did not trick daz regarding the dhdm files.

So back to work on the full HD version of G8F

Winterbrose ( ) posted Sat, 30 May 2020 at 3:52 AM

felldude wrote "I am not good at making tutorials but I will continue to update here as I work and test. Very experienced Daz users that also have experience writing easy to understand tutorials....I would be glad to share my knowledge early, for some help." As stated previously, Winterbrose is in the process of creating updated Morphing Tutorials for Genesis 8 figures. Please contact us via Renderosity Sitemail if you are still looking for someone to collab on tutorial for HD Morphing. We have also been working in the area for the G8F.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.