Mon, Sep 9, 8:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: Older content installing in runtime issue

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 8:49 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 8:20 AM

After installing the Freak 4 stuff that's free at the moment, i noticed that M4 wasn't installed in my Daz library, under further inspection a lot of content has been installed in the Poser file structure (runtime/libraries/character/...) which in itself isn't a problem (although would be nice if it was in my daz library. The issue im having is that if i look at this location from the content tree in daz studio all of the folder say there is nothing in them, even though there is, for some reason Daz studio is not recognising them when they are there. How do i get these to show up in daz studio? Im guessing that it's because poser uses .Cr2 extension instead of .Duf is there a way to get these to show up without having to manually load the cr2 from a location then save it in daz studio? that would take years....

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 8:58 AM

Two things:
(1) you need to setup as poser directories: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3684151/#Comment_3684151 (2) if you do want them to show in your DAZ content, you can use Runtime Links (shameless plug, lol!)

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 9:17 AM

Thank you 3doutlaw. I have noticed that Daz are pretty stupid, They install there own content that is made for Poser ".cr2" in the "daz studio formats" content tree making them invisible. BUT all of my poser content ".cr2" in the "Poser formats" content tree are visible. Why on earth does Daz install there own content somewhere it can't be accessed.... totally stupid. now im going to manually move the damned folder......

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 10:08 AM

Don't you have the Michael 4 Base Studio CF? That should install your files into DAZStudio directly. Check your DIM or DAZ Content apps.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 12:02 PM

M4 base is part of the free freak content over at daz at the moment, and the Daz installer says it's installed it, but it has only saved it into the runtime/libraries section of the "Daz studio formats" content along with alot, and i mean alot of other content that i cannot look at unless i browse from file explorer and drag and drop. There are NO duf files attached to M4 or anything else in the runtime folder.

In daz install manager M4 Base StudioCF installs:-

/People/Michael 4/Materials/M4 Sample-Res/!All_Mapless.ds /People/Michael 4/Materials/M4 Sample-Res/!All_Mapless.ds.png /People/Michael 4/Materials/M4 Sample-Res/!Body_BoxerBriefs.ds /People/Michael 4/Materials/M4 Sample-Res/!Body_BoxerBriefs.ds.png /ReadMe's/pics/dazlogo.jpg /ReadMe's/pics/ps_pe074.jpg /ReadMe's/ProductLists/Michael4BaseLIST.txt /ReadMe's/readme_7877_1_Michael4Base.html /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_7877_Michael_4_Base_StudioCF.dsx

Which has no M4..... but the Michael 4 Base powerloader installs M4 into the runtime/Characters/Daz People folder. Not where it should be in the My Daz Library folder. nice mess daz with your OWN content...duh

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 12:36 PM

Keep in mind, the older generation 4 figures were primarily developed for use in Poser as well as other props and scenes. Once Genesis and Genesis 2 were released and relied on DSON to import those figures into Poser, DAZ decided to make CF's to accommodate the generation 4 figures and changes in DS. Your only option is what 3doutlaw posted, install the Michael 4 Base into a separate folder containing a runtime, and linking the folder to DS. This is a better option than moving files around and essentially breaking the figure.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.