Sun, Sep 15, 6:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 13 6:20 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: This is the death of Poser, if they never support DSON imorter

joker2000 ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 3:30 PM ยท edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 8:22 PM

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/469/how-poser-python-and-dson-work-together?utm_source=not&utm_medium=0610&utm_campaign=blog

This are very bad news. For me it's clear. I never will make an update of Poser. I work with G2, G3 and G8 figures in Poser over DSON.

It's not possible to convert G3 or G8 figures into nativ PZ2 format. And If you convert G2 into nativ Poser format you have no SubD 2. So you have no HD morphs.

Do They really think I would work with these ugly character like the L'home in the future? that's a step back decades. Welcome in the Year 2005. I want to go foward not backward. I will change to DAZ and blender. In blender it's also possible to work with G8 figures. Poser has no futur.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 4:20 PM

Rather than doom and gloom ... can someone put up a workflow so that we can prep Genesis figures to convert to PZ2 and open in Poser and move on from there. Chuck Taylor? Do you know the process. Let's not make this a negative ... just a change we can adjust to.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

PenelopeFlynn ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 4:47 PM

Boni posted at 4:44PM Wed, 10 June 2020 - #4391429

Rather than doom and gloom ... can someone put up a workflow so that we can prep Genesis figures to convert to PZ2 and open in Poser and move on from there. Chuck Taylor? Do you know the process. Let's not make this a negative ... just a change we can adjust to.

I have had such trouble with the DSON importer for so long that I abandoned it long ago. But I agree that getting the workflow to convert to PZ2 would be great!

joker2000 ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 11:48 PM

I have done this with the Creator ToyBox - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/creators-toybox/116432 - (without this tool I hade no tongue in the figures) But who knows if this will work in Poser 12. And you have no HD morphs. And you must convert all the cloth also.

G3 and G8 is not possible to convert into nativ figures. In between I can also use this G8 figures in poser with DSON. All my work is based on this G2 - G8 figures.

I realy don't understand why poser can't make an import tool for poser 12 also. For Blender there is also an import tool for the DAZ figures. Even for G8. I think poser just want to sell their own bad figures to the people who are dependent on poser. M4 is better then l'homme. It's a bad game. I don't trust in this managment anymore.

I will keep poser 11.2 and move to blender and DAZ. DAZ is so much better inbetween then poser. What I miss in DAZ is a shader mixer like in Poser. And DAZ has no real volume scattering... So I see my future in Blender.

joker2000 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 12:22 AM ยท edited Thu, 11 June 2020 at 12:24 AM

Instructions for converting the G2 figures with the Creator Toolsbox

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/creators-toybox/116432

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

joker2000 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 12:28 AM

In this nativ Figures you have no HD-Morphs. The Figures are like SubD=1.

joker2000 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 1:33 AM ยท edited Thu, 11 June 2020 at 1:35 AM

Boni posted at 1:24AM Thu, 11 June 2020 - #4391429

maybe I'm negativ. But I need realistic sexy male figures. Last year I thought maybe l'homme will be a alternativ figure to G2. But what we get is this!

image.png

L'homme was such a disappointment. Genesis 8 is lightyears from this l'homme away.. So I invested much time to convert Genesis 8 to Poser... Now it works. I was happy with poser again.. but now this. Poser 12 doesn't suppoert DSON anymore... that's a blow in my face. Sorry but I can't work with l'homme I need quality figures.

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 1:47 AM

@joker2000 Did you actually read the whole article as to "Why" DSON isn't supported anymore?

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 1:53 AM ยท edited Thu, 11 June 2020 at 1:53 AM

I take out my popcorn stash.

Eternal Hobbyist

ย 

joker2000 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 2:29 AM

ghostman posted at 2:21AM Thu, 11 June 2020 - #4391468

@joker2000 Did you actually read the whole article as to "Why" DSON isn't supported anymore?

"Poser does not own the rights to this plug-in and therefore can not maintain it," Taylor said, adding the plug-in "contains parts of the DAZ Studio engine so even if we wanted we couldn't legally reproduce it. Further, We don't have any of the source code for the original plug-in making recreating it not only illegal but impractical as well."

But why don't find they a legal solution with DAZ? Why is it possible with Blender and other Render Softwares but not with Poser?

Is there war between them or what?

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 2:37 AM

Sounds reasonable. Move to DS and Blender. This is stale popcorn.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

joker2000 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 2:40 AM

For me is just clear: No support for G2-G8 -> no Poser 12. I'm flexible enough to move to DAZ and Blender. I know both software quite well. I think I will soon try to convert G8 to blender for new projects. And the old projects I can still work in Poser 11. At least I hope I can work with poser 11 for a while

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 2:56 AM

Good luck and happy rendering. I think Poser will be around for a while longer ;)

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

joker2000 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 3:01 AM

EldritchCellar posted at 2:57AM Thu, 11 June 2020 - #4391472

Sounds reasonable. Move to DS and Blender. This is stale popcorn.

I do not dare to update from 11.2 to 11.3 because I am afraid that my converted G8 figures will no longer run. I don't see any major advantages for me in Poser 11.3 either. Or does someone have experience with G8 figures in Poser 11.3?

bwldrd ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 6:36 PM

Hate to see people leaving poser, but this is getting really old to me.. I mean you do know that they were never designed for poser to begin with, yes? Luckily there are nice people out there that found ways to have them work, but it gets tiresome hearing people bitch and moan about figures that weren't meant for poser, not working in poser. I mean I have bought things for DS also, and have had success in making some of them work in poser. But I don't complain about the ones I can't not working in a program they weren't designed for to start with. Tired of all this troll bait.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

ader ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 7:30 PM

Bye.

Btw, many of us don't care about Gn figures and will continue to support Poser as we consider it superior.

joker2000 ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 12:48 AM

bwldrd posted at 12:35AM Fri, 12 June 2020 - #4391564

I mean you do know that they were never designed for poser to begin with, yes? ...... Tired of all this troll bait.

No, that's not true? I bought all my G2 stuff with marked as compatible to Poser! And waht I write has nothing to do with troll bait.. I gave you the description how to convert G2 figures to nativ and you say I'm writing troll bait?

And what I'm also saying is, that I need this figures. I never had bought Poser without this G2 figures. And I am not the only one. Many people are disappointed.

joker2000 ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 12:52 AM ยท edited Fri, 12 June 2020 at 1:00 AM

ader posted at 12:49AM Fri, 12 June 2020 - #4391572

Bye.

Btw, many of us don't care about Gn figures and will continue to support Poser as we consider it superior.

I see very kind people here. Is this the suppot I get here? Nobody give me answers expept bye we dont care? I still support Poser, as you see I gave you the description how to convert G2 figures to poser. It was a question here. I give the answer to you. I also have questeions and the answer from you is bye we dont care... very sad

Then I realy dont' understand why it should not possible to make a deal with DAZ for supporting G2+ figures. I think there is a war between DAZ and Poser. A selfdestruction war. And I am afraid Poser will loose it. It's a pitty.

joker2000 ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 1:42 AM

Poser with DAZ figures are the best of two worlds.

DAZ is a very smart software, I realy like it.. but.. The shader-mixer for IRAY is not useful. I realy tried to work with it, no chance no description anywehre (Nov. 2019) and modulated volumescattering for atmosphere effects is not possible at all.

I love poser 11 because of it's shader-mixer and the render engine.. but .. I need the G2+ figures. L'homme has not what I need at all at the moment. I need more then a pretty face. How realistic the body poses are is the point.

so the only way I have is to go to Blende, If it's realy possible as the plugin promises to get G8 into Blender... and this is also my big question.. why its possible and legal to make a plugin for Blender but not for Poser?

My intention was maybe there would be a way to bring the poser management to think about a solution for G2+ again, bit I must recognize, I am on lost post.

So I'm going to tackle G8 to blender project. If that succeeds it would be really great. The possibilities in Blender are exhilarating

ader ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 7:08 AM

I see very kind people here. Is this the suppot I get here? Nobody give me answers expept bye we dont care? I still support Poser, as you see I gave you the description how to convert G2 figures to poser. It was a question here. I give the answer to you. I also have questeions and the answer from you is bye we dont care... very sad

I was pretty flippant, I admit. But for years we've had people moaning to the owners of Poser about Daz to Poser when it is nothing to do with the owners of Poser. It's the responsibility of Daz. If they want to make a converter for their figures then great. You need to ask them.

Who makes the Daz to Blender facility? Is it a Daz export option controlled by Daz or a Blender import plugin created by Blender? I suspect the latter as they have the most to gain and the bigger pockets. Either way, it's not something I personally feel Bondware should be spending time and effort on as it could be a forever moving target. I myself think the effort would be better-spent bug-fixing and enhancing Poser itself.

Thanks for that workflow run through for those that benefit from it though btw.

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 8:37 PM ยท edited Fri, 12 June 2020 at 11:25 PM
Forum Moderator

DAZ's HD data is encrypted. Unless DAZ makes the plugin that's not going to happen. I'm pretty sure if somebody makes a cracker to get the HD data out of DAZ figures they'll get a nasty letter form DAZ's lawyers and probably a subpoena too. G3 and up use a totally different bending system. The dual quaternion bending only allows 1 weight map per bone. To over come that DAZ is using multiple bones per joint. (one for each rotation.) They're also converting the rotation back to Euler rotations since most humans don't comprehend 4 axis rotations very well. All that makes baking those rigs for compatibility a real challenge. I suspect they're supporting Blender because it has a dual quaternion rigging system. Poser thinks in matrix rotations. (Not that Matrix) Both quaternion and rotation matrix do the same thing they just do it very different ways.

Once again ... Poser, Bondware didn't make the DSON plugin. We can't maintain it technically or legally. We will not cripple Poser's development to maintain compatibility with a plugin that's been depreciated and unmaintained for a decade. And yes, it would benefit everybody if DAZ updated the DSON importer to work with current figures and a version of python released in this millennium. If you think DAZ should update DSON, please tell them. They've been asked before. They didn't. Maybe they'll listen to you, their customers.

joker2000 ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 6:39 AM

Thank you very much for your answers. So if DAZ blocks to make an update for the DSON importer is the question why do they that. I dont know the history of DAZ and Poser. I bought poser in the year 2016. Maybe there is something like a war between DAZ and Poser, for whatever reason. It seems they want to push their own software DAZ. Bceause it's clear. For a user its easier to change the content provider then the software that has been used and known for years.

I think the managment of poser should find a deal with DAZ. I don't have a powerful negotiating position, so you would have to bring something like many users to a mass request that something is moving at DAZ

McGrandpa ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 6:56 AM

Yo Ghostman, I DID read it, and still have the request that POSER be able to read the DS format (props and Figures!) directly. Jen Blake can bash my old head in all she wants to and I will still insist this BE DONE. I do like and use La Femme and L'Homme, but prefer the whole look and feel of Genesis 2, 3 and 8. IN POSER !!!
Meanwhile, I am still using DSON and Genesis 2 a lot, alongside some of the Poser Figures and Gen4 DAZ Figures. And HiveWire. We have a lot of great stuff that simply didn't exist on the day Poser 6 was released. But Poser is capable of even better, and we know it. Thanks for ALL your help, it is appreciated! Michael

My 66th Birthday PC Build (July 1, 2020) :ย  named BadMoonRYZEN!,ย W10Pro x64, Octal Core RYZEN7 X3700 4.05 GHz, 64GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce RTX 3060 - 12GB GDDR6, PP2014, PP 11, P12, PS-CS4 Extended & Vue 2024.

McG.

McGrandpa ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 7:01 AM ยท edited Sat, 13 June 2020 at 7:05 AM

joker2000 - Poser doesn't actually NEED the DSON Importer now. It does need a specific module be written for loading the Genesis+ Figures, but Poser is totally capable of USING them. Now don't get all glum and down about this issue. As I live I will push for it. It IS needed and it IS doable and it SHOULD be done. Yes, all the Genesis Figures right alongside the HiveWire and Poser Figures. Gets us up to some 2 dozen now? C'mon with it.

I do believe that Poser's very existence will hinge on THIS one thing. That you HAVE to attract NEW users is definite. What we have today all around us shows me that THIS is what will get that. I know of people that hate using Studio, like using Poser, but feel totally compelled to use DS because one someone keeps stubbing their foot on this issue. WE NEED THIS. Period.

My 66th Birthday PC Build (July 1, 2020) :ย  named BadMoonRYZEN!,ย W10Pro x64, Octal Core RYZEN7 X3700 4.05 GHz, 64GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce RTX 3060 - 12GB GDDR6, PP2014, PP 11, P12, PS-CS4 Extended & Vue 2024.

McG.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 10:53 AM

But why do you have to attract new users by using a company's figure that is NOT compatible out of the box with the software? And since THAT company decided not to maintain the converter why are you asking on THIS company, instead of using what they have, what is new and is out of the box usable?

You attract new users by showing them what a software out of the box can do. And that is done by developing this software and its features, fixing the bugs that the old owner left in, and making sure the new content they have is usable, pleasing to the eye, morphable and marketed properly with eye-catching and well done demos.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 5:23 PM ยท edited Sat, 13 June 2020 at 5:25 PM

Genesis 8 doesn't even work, as is, in Carrara, and that's Daz owned software lol. This is getting laid to rest regardless of tantrums. Good riddance. I wouldn't go to McDonald's and demand a Whopper, use DS.

joker2000 ( ) posted Mon, 15 June 2020 at 3:50 AM ยท edited Mon, 15 June 2020 at 3:51 AM

Rhia474 posted at 3:40AM Mon, 15 June 2020 - #4391760

But why do you have to attract new users by using a company's figure that is NOT compatible out of the box with the software? And since THAT company decided not to maintain the converter why are you asking on THIS company, instead of using what they have, what is new and is out of the box usable?

I need figures with realitic body morphs in poses. What I see in L'homme is not what I can use. But maybe L'homme evolves to a better figure. The best figures are G2 and especially G8. Both I can use over DSON-importer in Poser. I also use G2 figures converted to nativ for poser (see my description above). This G2-Nativ Figures are also very good, but you can not use the SubD-2 HD morphs for that they need less Memeory and have a better performance and compatibility to poser.

joker2000 ( ) posted Mon, 15 June 2020 at 4:07 AM ยท edited Mon, 15 June 2020 at 4:09 AM

EldritchCellar posted at 4:00AM Mon, 15 June 2020 - #4391815

Genesis 8 doesn't even work, as is, in Carrara, and that's Daz owned software lol. This is getting laid to rest regardless of tantrums. Good riddance. I wouldn't go to McDonald's and demand a Whopper, use DS.

I can't use DS as render engine as long they have no usable shader mixer for Iray and as long it's not even possible to make modulated volume scattering for atmosphere effects (in IRAY).

My target will be to use G8 in Blender if Poser 12 doesn't support G2+ anymore. What I would perfer is DS (or Poser) just as a plugin for Blender. I know there is a plugin for Blender for the G8 figures. I just didn't try it yet because my focus was on poser as render engine til now.

ader ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2020 at 5:55 PM

Joker, have you seen this:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/simpledetailslh/143303/

It might be what you need to get L'Homme to pose how you want him...

joker2000 ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 4:53 AM

ader posted at 4:50AM Wed, 17 June 2020 - #4392133

Joker, have you seen this:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/simpledetailslh/143303/

It might be what you need to get L'Homme to pose how you want him...

Thank you very much for you link. That looks better. It makes me optimistic, that L'homme maybe can evolve to a better figure. You must know specialy the brest muscles are very complicated in their poses. Not even G8 has solved this perfectly.

Psych2 ( ) posted Fri, 26 June 2020 at 12:06 AM

Joker2000 -

There HAS been a war between DAZ and Poser since the early days of Poser when some of the original Poser content creators chose to leave and create DS and their own figures. The chances of DAZ ever making a later figure with native Poser functionality is about as good as Apple and Micro$oft ever joining forces...

The DAZ V4 / M4 figures were the last ones to natively work in Poser, and I still prefer these to any later DAZ or Poser models in terms of photo-realism and amount of content / morph charactors still available for them. Plenty of Poser users still use the V4 M4 models...

ronaldknights ( ) posted Sat, 27 June 2020 at 6:46 PM

I was so excited to hear Bondware had purchased Poser. I was hoping to see an abundance of great content to rival DAZ's own content. The truth is that DAZ's content over the years had made Poser desirable to me. Poser's owners over the years never appeared to be interested in making much content. Now it's been several months, and I still don't see any evidence that Poser will become more compelling for my needs. I am so sorry to finally realize this.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 27 June 2020 at 8:50 PM ยท edited Sat, 27 June 2020 at 8:53 PM

Funky Glutes for L'Homme won't make you stay?!

LOL Funky Glutes. Not disparaging, that just rolls off the tongue. Stroke of genius there.

BertjeBeton3D ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2020 at 8:46 AM ยท edited Tue, 29 December 2020 at 8:48 AM

I have G3 and G8 working under Poser 11.3. Just don't try to remove the figures as that will make Poser crash.

In order for the G3 Poser Updater to work, you'll also have to set the mesh resultion to Base and remove the eyelashes for G8 figures in Daz though.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2021 at 4:48 AM

I'm perfectly happy with 11 not going to buy 12 if they are going to keep playing war games with Daz3D

b018592d8a968d3a6f7ebad10aaf176b_large.jpg

joker2000 ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2021 at 4:09 AM ยท edited Wed, 17 February 2021 at 4:09 AM

Tucan-Tiki posted at 4:03AM Wed, 17 February 2021 - #4412515

I'm perfectly happy with 11 not going to buy 12 if they are going to keep playing war games with Daz3D (https://live.cdn.renderosity.com/forum/comments/4413019/file_2b24d495052a8ce66358eb576b8912c8.jpg)

I'm also happy with poser 11.3 I also work with G8. But since the latest Windows Update (KB4601319) from february I have an issue with Poser 11.3. The matrial room shader with the shader mixers is very slow. It always was a issue in the poser, that the shader mixer slows down if you create complex sneces. But now its so slow with complex sneces it's not useable anymore. I could uninstall the Windows security Update, but this is maybe only a temporarly solution.

shinner ( ) posted Mon, 22 February 2021 at 3:43 PM

I have working copies of Poser 7. 9 and 11 each has it's own little glitch, it's own particular idiosyncrasy. I feel for you as I've watched my early Libraries dry up because of Daz. I work professionally with Maya now but still love the Poser interface for playing around. Plus I have 30 odd years of library products that I simply don't feel ready to just ditch. Genesis is a real money spinner. You buy the base character but can do little with it. So you buy a few morphs and pretty soon your wallet is bleeding and you still haven't got the character to where you want it to be.....So I have stopped. I'm now concentrating in my spare time to building my own stuff, and you know what it's still fun. I can still bring it into Poser and play around. Lets hope Daz and Poser can somehow get their crap together and bring back a semblance of what they used to be. INTERACTIVE..!

lakes123 ( ) posted Sat, 27 February 2021 at 9:10 PM

I don't know if this is a proper place to ask this. I have a hair accessory meant for DAZ studio which is said to work in Poser. I'm unsure what to do to make it work in Poser.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 27 February 2021 at 9:54 PM

You're not providing any information to go on. For whom is the accessory made for and what is the exact name of the accessory? Without pertinent information, it would be close to impossible to try and ascertain what approach you should use to bring it into Poser.

lakes123 ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2021 at 4:03 AM

The hair accessory is Touchable Danielle.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2021 at 6:49 AM
Site Admin

Do you have Danielle hair? Touchable Danielle is a texture add-on for that hair.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

lakes123 ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2021 at 11:33 AM

interesting. I also have another hair accessory called Touchable Voss. Could I make it work in Poser?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2021 at 2:32 PM
Site Admin

Based on the read me, you can, but it needs Voss hair from Daz. Voss is a Genesis 3/8 hair so it will need converting before using it. I don't use Genesis 3 so I don't know much about that.

Most of -Wolfie's "touchable" hair products are textures for other products. You can tell what other product you need to use a product and what software it works with under the promo thumbnails.

requirement.PNG

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

lakes123 ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2021 at 4:37 PM

I'm completely lost whenever it comes to DAZ related stuff. I have the DSON import. How do I use it to load DAZ content to Poser?

FoulPet ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2021 at 9:03 AM

Use to be a Poser guy and quit for awhile. Came back and tried Daz. Now I come here to buy Daz products not listed elsewhere. Wonder what kind of profit loss this site would take if it stopped promoting Daz products completely. I miss some Poser features but enjoy the model quality of Daz. If they ever decide to come up with a drag and drop or one click conversion, I'll think about getting Poser again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.