Fri, Sep 20, 9:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Car rendering

Eidolon ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 10:00 AM ยท edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 3:48 AM

file_224648.jpg

I love 'em stained , dirty an' rusty... Any comments are appreciated...also...anyone can hook me up about makin soft shadows less blurry in a large scene??? I mean they look good in a close up scene ...but in a scene like that they tend to vanish and dissappear... DAK

raven ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 2:07 PM

Nice image, very cool, great texturing, it looks and feels very complete. Strange weapon :), seems half crossbow, half machine gun, nice idea :)

allengraph ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 3:52 PM

very cool image=-)

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 6:18 PM

How did you do you texture? Is this post work? Great job BTW

Deathbringer ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 2:06 PM

Awesome image... I think I see some Halflife inspired weapons...hehe My favorite game!!

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 8:44 PM

Hey man, the car is fantastic... How did you get the realistic rust??? Other stuff is good, but the car is the masterpiece...

phuturelegend ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2001 at 1:50 PM

Yeh how did you get that rust? Did you use UVmapper to make a texture map for the complete car? daz

Eidolon ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2001 at 3:58 PM

Mmmm thx for the comments This pix as been rendered in B5...no post work except the sig... Concernin the car body textures, i took screenies in B5, wifreframe front view and side view of the meshes i had to work on..and made textures with photoshop...(with the finger tool and the density tool...associated with different bruxh size).. The chrome texture is a bryce metal texture..I added some bump to simulate the "rusty chrome" effect.. The tire texture took me long to figure.so i used several map for the bump, diffuse and specularity (not much spec appearing tho).. i found the car plate somewhere on internet.. The car is from the bryce 2 CD and is a dataset from viewpoint... Weapons are from halflife and opposing force.. slightly modified and retextured, converted with 3Dexplore Sorry for the poor english I am french... Eidolon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.