Thu, Sep 19, 5:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:15 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New Gallery Features

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2022 at 4:17 AM
Site Admin

wscottart posted at 3:27 PM Mon, 14 March 2022 - #4435936

Ok, so "galleries" "new" is limited to six pages, how do I view all artworks now?

I'm hoping this will will change as well since I can only keep up with the gallery on the weekends and by then most will be beyond the 6 pages and going to each section is not fun :)

Otherwise, maybe having the ability to search the entire gallery by dates would be good instead of having that option only in the separate sections.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2022 at 8:22 AM
Site Admin

As one who gets to check all the images in the galleries, I would like to be able to go back more than 6 pages. New art is the most efficient place to find the images but right now if I miss a day, I may have problems.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

lauraguo ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2022 at 11:45 AM

We changed New Art to increase the number of images shown. Before it was only going back two days, resulting in only six pages. Now it goes back two weeks. :)

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2022 at 11:52 AM
Site Admin

Thanks. That should work for me.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2022 at 2:23 PM · edited Tue, 15 March 2022 at 2:23 PM

I don't have time for "What's New" anymore I just want to see what artwork the artists I follow posted and jet. Perhaps you can make the Activity Feed look like a gallery too, give it a gallery aspect... the current format is terrible. Thanks!

lauraguo ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2022 at 3:39 PM

That's an interesting idea. Will keep it in mind. :)

enigma-man ( ) posted Wed, 16 March 2022 at 12:10 PM · edited Wed, 16 March 2022 at 12:11 PM

The changes made may have also wiped out everyone's history from 2016 back to their first posting whenever it was.  If any of you have images that had hundreds of views on your older images, well, they are likely only a few. None of my older images are greater than ten views and most are only one view. Have a look at your gallery.

This may or not not be important to many of you.

dragongirl has started a thread mentioning this a few threads down from this one. If it is not important to have a history of one's efforts then why bother to tally the views at all if the number of views per image is wiped out when the next update is done ?

"The team" is apparently looking into this.

edited for a typo

lauraguo ( ) posted Wed, 16 March 2022 at 5:24 PM
The views that were missing have been restored. :)

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2022 at 1:33 PM · edited Thu, 17 March 2022 at 1:39 PM

The number of comments tops off at 30 regardless if you have more than 30. I count 41.

https://www.renderosity.com/gallery/items/3019007/cattitude

Here is another pic, number of comments should say 479 something LOL!  ---> https://www.renderosity.com/gallery/items/322332/siege-s03

rRyxzsFQpNlMDYLgxr1mgTGBHgMcI4qQj4XeNMXJ.PNG

lauraguo ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2022 at 2:25 PM

Good catch. Fixed! 

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2022 at 3:18 PM · edited Thu, 17 March 2022 at 3:20 PM

Thank you! Can you make hamsters run through tubes around each page in the gallery... or lemmings falling down from the top of the page? 😄

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2022 at 4:28 PM

Are the gallery notifications hoarked up - again? Just wondering. Lots of new posts but no notifications.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

lauraguo ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2022 at 9:23 AM

TwiztidKidd, can I? Yes. Will I? Heck no. We've probably freaked everyone out enough with the current gallery changes. 😃

RodS, thanks for reporting the issue. I've let the team know.

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2022 at 12:28 PM

Is one of the new "features" no gallery Ebots? And does anyone care? Just wondering....

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2022 at 12:38 PM · edited Fri, 18 March 2022 at 12:46 PM

I always forget 😄 It would be nice to send tip and gift notifications through a sitemail not an email... or maybe do both

Happy Friday!

5URwsbP6YBKsUyzusmuy7XtxNcOIyzZJGqoxhe9N.JPG

lauraguo ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2022 at 1:52 PM
TwiztidKidd posted at 12:38 PM Fri, 18 March 2022 - #4436098

It would be nice to send tip and gift notifications through a sitemail not an email... or maybe do both

Will add to my list of feedback/suggestions. Happy Friday :)

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2022 at 3:05 PM

Now, I'm having to log in EVERY time I visit the site. 🙄😒

lauraguo ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2022 at 4:13 PM

RodS, about when did this start? Is it only on certain pages or every page? You can sitemail me your answers and other information you have about the issue. Thanks.

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2022 at 4:30 PM

It seems to be working OK today. I'll keep my eye on it. Wish you'd get the gallery ebots working again...

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2022 at 9:56 PM

Not much more to say, other than I'm not going to waste time in this forum any longer. It's sad, but it just seems like the folks that run the site - the ones that could make a difference - just don't care anymore. 😥

lauraguo ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2022 at 4:49 PM · edited Fri, 01 April 2022 at 4:54 PM

For those of you keeping an eye on the gallery ebots issue, an update:

We applied a fix a few days ago and have been monitoring the situation. So far, everything seems to be working as intended. Please let me know (either here or via sitemail) if ebots are still not working for you.

Thank you to everyone for your patience.

(I know that date is suspicious . . . but this is not an April Fool's joke. 😄)

enigma-man ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2022 at 1:07 AM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. I sense changes were made and now videos cannot be updated. One can go through the motions of updating after removing the old one yet the old one remains. If the page is refreshed sometimes the updated one shows up but is unplayable with an error 224003, then it reverts back to the original one. Also, there were two boxes last time I noticed, now there is one. People using Chrome and Edge could not view the video I uploaded. Firefox was okay and so was Safari.

enigma-man ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2022 at 11:53 AM

The error 224003 seen by Chrome users was a fault on my behalf. Some character speech was encoded as mono. All other effects in the video were stereo. Firefox and Safari had no problems but Chrome and Edge gave the unplayable video message. The problem has been corrected but I cannot update the video because the original is not deleted and keeps showing up. This is now a site problem which I cannot correct. So, the problem is one half mine (which I accept blame) and the other half is Renderosity's fault. :)

Den

lauraguo ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2022 at 11:28 AM · edited Wed, 01 June 2022 at 3:11 PM
enigma-man posted at 1:07 AM Tue, 24 May 2022 - #4439026

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. I sense changes were made and now videos cannot be updated. One can go through the motions of updating after removing the old one yet the old one remains. If the page is refreshed sometimes the updated one shows up but is unplayable with an error 224003, then it reverts back to the original one. 

For anyone following this issue, it should be fixed now.

This was caused by AWS's CDN caching the old video--we made a small code change to force the cache to update whenever a new video is uploaded.

Of course, if anyone still experiencing this issue, please let me know.

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2022 at 9:11 PM
Digitell posted at 11:52 AM Tue, 8 March 2022 - #2969419

"During today’s gallery maintenance we have changed a few things.

You may notice a new look and feel in some areas but there are a few new enhanced features as well!

* 5 image upload per hour is now enforced to prevent gallery flooding.... "

I just counted 30 images uploaded today (06-23-22) by the same person. 30 images. In groups of 5. Upload 5, wait an hour, upload 5 more, wait another hour, upload 5 more, and on and on. Please explain to me how this is NOT gallery flooding. Why can there not be a DAILY limit?

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2022 at 10:10 PM
RodS posted at 9:11 PM Thu, 23 June 2022 - #4440292
I just counted 30 images uploaded today (06-23-22) by the same person. 30 images. In groups of 5. Upload 5, wait an hour, upload 5 more, wait another hour, upload 5 more, and on and on. Please explain to me how this is NOT gallery flooding. Why can there not be a DAILY limit?
I agree with @RodS on this.  I don't upload freebies myself, but if I'm looking for something someone I know uploaded on a particular day, it takes me a long time to find it, and that's outrageous.  It most definitely should be a "daily" limit, not an "hourly" limit.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2022 at 3:56 PM

Just counted 15 images by the same person. Making the limit 5 images an hour does NOTHING to discourage flooding. Does anyone here even care anymore?

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2022 at 4:33 PM

I LIKED all her images actually, she's very talented... obviously she wants to be no. 1 in that Top Artists chart that no one cares about jwJa25J11PQYWaZkPndjW0Pu7v6mlSyFDLj7PZ3a.png

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.