Mon, Sep 9, 8:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: Hard to Read DAZ Text, Icons in DAZ 4.8

MarkR151 ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2016 at 12:54 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 1:15 AM

Is there a setting within 4.8 to enlarge the text & graphics to make it readable in Windows(8-10) with my monitor?

I have Windows 10(Home) 64 bit and a Dell 2715K 5K(5120x2880) monitor that even with the Text size enlarged in Windows Control Panel increased from 200% to 300% is nearly impossible to read within DAZ 4.8. I'm getting some serious eye strain from squinting at miniscule text & graphics. Photoshop(recent versions) has a setting to make text easier to read with Windows 8 and above. Does DAZ 4.8 have anything like that?

LPR001 ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2016 at 1:07 AM

You can go window>style and try the different GUI layouts but as for text size I don't believe you can do much there. There is 3 choices so try Main Street as in the preview the text looks a little larger or more visible at least

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

ldgilman ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2016 at 1:18 PM

I my experience the only thing I was able to do was change the screen resolution down from MAX to something way lower. I started at 1024x768. And I already know what you are thinking, "I didn't buy a HR monitor to run at a low resolution!!" But until the software catches up with the hard ware we are stuck. Try looking at DAZ 4.8 on 13 inch 4k laptop.

MarkR151 ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2016 at 8:22 PM

Igdilman,

Is a 13" 4k monitor what you're using? I feel your pain. lol And yes, you're right, I did NOT get a 5K monitor to crank the resolution DOWN to a very low setting.

I actually got out an old magnifying glass my grandmother used to have to read books in her 90s, and that was AFTER I'd cranked up the text size in Windows settings to 350%.

ldgilman ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2016 at 1:55 PM

As much as I hate to say it, I believe the newest Poser has the ability to create normal size text and graphics on a HR monitor. I'll have to check into it, I just don't know if I want to put out the bucks, even with an upgrade.

radioham ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2016 at 4:13 PM

In Windows 7 Pro there is an small program called Magnifler I have had to use this from time to time find it quite good

bhoins ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2016 at 8:53 AM

Daz 3D is aware of the issue. A solution is being worked on, especially since 6K and 8K monitors are starting to hit the market. :) It just isn't ready yet.

MarkR151 ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2016 at 6:15 PM

bhoins posted at 6:10PM Mon, 18 January 2016 - #4249855

Daz 3D is aware of the issue. A solution is being worked on, especially since 6K and 8K monitors are starting to hit the market. :) It just isn't ready yet.

I hope they are working on it. Man, 6-8K monitors! Imagine that res on a typical size monitor. Subatomic sized text & graphics! lol But the image quality from those things will be off the charts!

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 19 January 2016 at 3:04 PM

But why would you want a monitor of that resolution, unless you have very sharp eyes to see the detail (in which case the text shouldn't be such an issue)? I know high-res displays are a big thing, but to my poor battered eyes they seem rather pointless (except perhaps for plain black-on-white text in a page-layout application, perhaps).

MarkR151 ( ) posted Tue, 19 January 2016 at 9:54 PM

Better to see final rendered images in Photoshop. In looking at my old DAZ work from before the hdd crash of 2014, and getting busy with photography work which I had to get back to after reinstalling Windows, I can tell you that everything looks much better in 5K. Especially photography captured on 36MP cameras.

My last monitor, a trusty old HP 1920x1200 which had served me well for nearly 8 years finally kicked the bucket last Summer. I had planned on upgrading to a new hi-res monitor anyway later on, but when Old Faithful finally died, I needed something new & decided that was as good a time as any to spring for the new Dell. Got it on Amazon for about $800 less than Dell's msrp of $2,599. Everything on this thing is clean, clear & crispy. 4K videos from YouTube are mighty sweet too.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2022 at 9:21 AM

HAHAHA, it's 2022 and Daz has done absolutely nothing to this, looks like in the future we will have to buy expensive magnifiers to read the text on out 32k monitors.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2022 at 2:15 PM

Supporting scaling requires moving to a newer version of the Qt application framework, the cross-platform tool used for Daz Studio. That will entail breaking plug-ins, so Daz has held off doing it, but it has been confirmed that Daz Studio 5 will get a newer version of the framework - which will allow scaling, though not necessarily make it instantly available.

ronaldknights ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2022 at 4:53 AM

I prefer to use a 32" TV with 1080p resolution as a monitor for working with DAZ Studio. Hey, I'm 72 years old, and my eyes ain't what they used to be.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.