Mon, Oct 21, 11:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:46 pm)

Subject: New start, New puter, advice?

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2022 at 3:29 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 11:25 AM

Hello

So, I have gotten back into 3d. I broke down this time around, and purchased a spanking new puter. Lovely NVIDIA card,etc.

I hit render on the base settings of DS and blinked and it was done.

Needless to say I want to really get the render boat out there....but as its been roughly 6 years since I last worked with 3d full-time, I am abit out of the loop.

SO I need advice:

1-absolutely the BEST render settings that will get photorealistic results? (both for architectural scenes and also settings for say figure scenes)

2-Best light set (general use) for DS

3-Best texture set for genesis 8? (both female and male)

I have been making purchase from Daz to the lead up of the puter arriving and I do have some of the newer toys (wings by arki, a cyberpunk bike. etc)
But I need to make the best bang for my buck.

SO I come to pick your great minds ^_^

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2022 at 4:17 PM

Your gallery is amazing!

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2022 at 4:19 PM

SAMS3D posted at 4:17 PM Sat, 13 August 2022 - #4442730

Your gallery is amazing!

oh nooo no no that is my very oldest stuff>.<

https://thereal-darkelegance.wixsite.com/darkelegance

newish stuff? not so old?

*makes note to change her sig on here*

DarkElegance ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2022 at 2:25 AM

Anyone?

Any suggestions for a good, all around texture for Genesis 8?

Fav light sets?

JVRenderer ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2022 at 2:40 AM · edited Thu, 18 August 2022 at 2:40 AM

Hello DE,

Congratulations on getting a new machine.

"SO I need advice:

1-absolutely the BEST render settings that will get photorealistic results? (both for architectural scenes and also settings for say figure scenes)

3-Best texture set for genesis 8? (both female and male)"

Having glanced at your old gallery, I see you like rendering darker scenes. Your scenes are similar to mine (low  lighting). So I will  share what I know to work best with darker renders based on my experience.  I know you are asking for the best, I have used D S for about 5 yr now as a part time hobby, so I might not know the BEST stuff out there, but I hope what I share can get you started.

1. the render setting that I frequently use for my renders :

Xj3zrlSdvvjrofY0C3JkeUuOmwAM7LMOigwgDcek.jpg

and

NKlWTrn9t9KNJrjqJBV9Drq791YMvkLkNBlIms1y.jpg

For crispier renders. don't use the denoiser. Change the pixel filter from default 1.5 to 1 or lower.
Set max samples to 5000 or higher. I set mine at 10000. set max time to 0

This may not be the BEST setting, but it should be enough to get rid of the fireflies in your dark renders. Ofcource, you can always stop the render when you feel that your render quality is to your satisfaction.

2. Lights...   I can't give you any suggestions since I've never purchased any light set.  Lighting is very subjective. Every scene requires a different set of light. There are so many variations and it's.  I suggest you learn proper lighting by first understand each DS lighting tool. I watched WP Guru aka Jay Versluis youtube channel.  and photographic lighting tutorials on youtube.

Lighting is 75% of the work you have to put into your scene, so there is no light sets out there that will give you a perfect scene all the time.

3. BEST shaders/textures. This is very subjective.  I can only tell you what I've used and like. I haven't tested all the shaders out there.  I will just suggest a few PA's that I've purchased from.  For G8.1F,I've used ChangelingChick's RozalinaHD, and Mousso's Echo. For G8F, I've used Sangriart, Saiyaness, Mousso, Chevybabe25.  For G8m, I've used Phoenix1966, and Mousso,

I haven't got anything 8.1 yet.

Most of these shaders are quite photo realistic  with the right lighting

Side note: Don't get to hung up on photo realism. Don't give up aesthetics for the sake of realism.  A well made cinematic movie is always prettier than a documentary imho.

Good Luck!

JV

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2022 at 12:09 AM
JVRenderer posted at 2:40 AM Thu, 18 August 2022 - #4442886

Hello DE,

Congratulations on getting a new machine.

"SO I need advice:

3-Best texture set for genesis 8? (both female and male)"

Having glanced at your old gallery, I see you like rendering darker scenes. Your scenes are similar to mine (low  lighting). So I will  share what I know to work best with darker renders based on my experience.  I know you are asking for the best, I have used D S for about 5 yr now as a part time hobby, so I might not know the BEST stuff out there, but I hope what I share can get you started.

1. the render setting that I frequently use for my renders :

Xj3zrlSdvvjrofY0C3JkeUuOmwAM7LMOigwgDcek.jpg

and

NKlWTrn9t9KNJrjqJBV9Drq791YMvkLkNBlIms1y.jpg

For crispier renders. don't use the denoiser. Change the pixel filter from default 1.5 to 1 or lower.
Set max samples to 5000 or higher. I set mine at 10000. set max time to 0

This may not be the BEST setting, but it should be enough to get rid of the fireflies in your dark renders. Ofcource, you can always stop the render when you feel that your render quality is to your satisfaction.

2. Lights...   I can't give you any suggestions since I've never purchased any light set.  Lighting is very subjective. Every scene requires a different set of light. There are so many variations and it's.  I suggest you learn proper lighting by first understand each DS lighting tool. I watched WP Guru aka Jay Versluis youtube channel.  and photographic lighting tutorials on youtube.

Lighting is 75% of the work you have to put into your scene, so there is no light sets out there that will give you a perfect scene all the time.

3. BEST shaders/textures. This is very subjective.  I can only tell you what I've used and like. I haven't tested all the shaders out there.  I will just suggest a few PA's that I've purchased from.  For G8.1F,I've used ChangelingChick's RozalinaHD, and Mousso's Echo. For G8F, I've used Sangriart, Saiyaness, Mousso, Chevybabe25.  For G8m, I've used Phoenix1966, and Mousso,

I haven't got anything 8.1 yet.

Most of these shaders are quite photo realistic  with the right lighting

Side note: Don't get to hung up on photo realism. Don't give up aesthetics for the sake of realism.  A well made cinematic movie is always prettier than a documentary imho.

Good Luck!

JV

Thank you!! I finally have my NVIDIA and am looking forward to being able to get back into working again with DS.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.