Sun, Aug 4, 5:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:40 pm)

Subject: Smart Content does work when installing from ZIP

LuckySpices ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2022 at 8:59 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 8:43 PM

Basically the title says it.

I followed this tutorial https://pixelsizzle.com/tutorials/daz-3d/daz-3d-how-to-manually-install-content/ but the downloaded stuff does not appear in the Smart Content. It only shows up in the Content Library.

According to the tutorial it should work so what am I doing wrong?

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2022 at 10:00 PM
Online Now!

This is a question that should be directed to Pixel Sizzle.  As stated in the tutorial, the content should appear in either the Smart Content tab or the regular content tab, it never mentioned that you should see it in both.  I've installed third-party content and I've seldom seen it in the Smart Content tab.

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2022 at 8:39 AM

Smart Content is only designed to pull in content purchased through Daz site and linked with your login information.

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2022 at 8:45 AM
hborre posted at 10:00 PM Thu, 1 September 2022 - #4443816

This is a question that should be directed to Pixel Sizzle.  As stated in the tutorial, the content should appear in either the Smart Content tab or the regular content tab, it never mentioned that you should see it in both.  I've installed third-party content and I've seldom seen it in the Smart Content tab.

The Content Library will show all user-facing files in mapped directories under Daz Studio Formats or Poser formats, and anything that appears in Smart Content will also be in the Categories and Products containers. Smart Content entries must be categroised, have a compatibility setting, and a content type as I recall

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2022 at 8:47 AM
SpookieLilOne posted at 8:39 AM Fri, 2 September 2022 - #4443820

Smart Content is only designed to pull in content purchased through Daz site and linked with your login information.

As long as the product has sutiable metadata and that metadata is added to the database it will appear in Smart Content. Smart Content is not limited to Daz store items, except for the ability to isntall content through Daz Studio.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2022 at 8:49 AM
LuckySpices posted at 8:59 PM Thu, 1 September 2022 - #2973441

Basically the title says it.

I followed this tutorial https://pixelsizzle.com/tutorials/daz-3d/daz-3d-how-to-manually-install-content/ but the downloaded stuff does not appear in the Smart Content. It only shows up in the Content Library.

According to the tutorial it should work so what am I doing wrong?

Does the content in fact have metadata (.dsx file in /Runtime/Support/) and did you import it (Content Library pane option menu, the lined/hamburger button in the top corner, select Content DB Maintenance, check Reimport Metadata, then in the next dialogue check the entry for the product you manually installed)?

LuckySpices ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2022 at 6:19 PM

Thanks to all replys, I think I understand now that the cause is the missing metadata. 

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2022 at 6:39 PM

I Hate smart content, I have 1tb of content, and there is absolutely NO way i reinstalling all of that when i do a reinstall, so my content is on separate disks, so i only have to install daz, but then Daz cant figure out if i have the content installed or not. i dont care, i can still use it and it doesnt matter if they know or not, if i want an update i will just redownload it.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2022 at 2:56 PM · edited Wed, 12 October 2022 at 2:56 PM
shedofjoy posted at 6:39 PM Tue, 11 October 2022 - #4446448

I Hate smart content, I have 1tb of content, and there is absolutely NO way i reinstalling all of that when i do a reinstall, so my content is on separate disks, so i only have to install daz, but then Daz cant figure out if i have the content installed or not. i dont care, i can still use it and it doesnt matter if they know or not, if i want an update i will just redownload it.

If you reimport the metadata it will add it to the database and enable Smart Content and other featrues that reply on the CMS, assuming you have not moved things within the content directories. Content library option menu (the lined/hamburger button in the top corner, or right-click the tab)>Content DB Maintenance, check Reimport Metadata, select all products in the next dialogue.

dbwalton ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2022 at 12:41 PM
RHaseltine posted at 8:47 AM Fri, 2 September 2022 - #4443822
SpookieLilOne posted at 8:39 AM Fri, 2 September 2022 - #4443820

As long as the product has sutiable metadata and that metadata is added to the database it will appear in Smart Content. Smart Content is not limited to Daz store items, except for the ability to isntall content through Daz Studio.
That's correct.   I wish all vendors would structure .zip files in such a way you could copy the zip file into the ..\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads and let DIM install them in the off-line (not logged in) mode.   It works.   I've done it before.   Vendors would just have to be more careful about file names and directory structure within the zip file.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2022 at 3:38 AM

Nobody needs "Smart Content".
It isn't smart at all and more confusing, than the regular content library.
Just unzip things by hand into your either "content", "MY Library" or "MY DAZ Library" folder, depending on your settings.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.