Sat, Aug 3, 4:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Raytrace Preview size

phil_lawson ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2022 at 5:08 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 6:51 AM

Anyone know how I can make the Raytrace Preview (Under the Window - Raytrace Preview menu) a bit bigger? Its too small for my old tired eyes. I've looked under the preferences but there's nothing there. I'm on Poser 10 (still)..

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2022 at 8:16 AM

No possible, ATM. Hopefully that will change with P13. 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2022 at 9:29 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

While it's not possible to make that bigger, the progressive mode under firefly render has the same results. I know it's not as convenient since it doesn't updated automatically and it's not on the screen at all times.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

phil_lawson ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2022 at 9:33 AM

Can the latest Poser version do it? I'm looking for excuses to upgrade.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2022 at 10:09 AM
The latest version cannot resize the Raytrace Preview window either.  I know there have been requests/suggestions in the P12 wishlist forum.  That is why I commented that maybe P13 might have that feature remedied.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2022 at 9:59 PM · edited Sat, 31 December 2022 at 9:59 PM

Brian romero actually said the raytrace preview in Poser 13 will be resizable and support Cycles.

Source: https://www.posersoftware.com/article/561/knock-yourself-out-poser

phil_lawson ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2023 at 3:37 PM

That's it then! A good enough reason to finally upgrade. I'd have had to do it anyway if/when Windows follows OSX and stops supporting 32 bit apps. 

Thanks.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2023 at 4:12 PM · edited Sun, 01 January 2023 at 4:14 PM

The Raytrace preview does currently support Cycles but there are some situations that it completely doesn't render right.  Also, the preview is affected by the Render setting.  If you prematurely set your pixel values too high it will slow down tremendously when rendering.

phil_lawson ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2023 at 6:00 PM

HEH, that probably explains why, when I'm trying to create a complex scene with a lot of props and try to refresh the raytrace preview Poser just goes away!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.